四川省成都七中实验学校 2014-2015 学年高一上学期期中考试英语 试题
3. Where does this conversation take place? A. At a cinema. B. At a theatre. C. At a post office. 4. Will the woman come to the party? A. May
be. B. No. C. Certainly. 5. What can be said about this couple’s apartment? A. They have no neighbors. B. The apartment is old. C. They live close to the sea. 第二节 （共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小 题。每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. What probably does the woman do? A. A doctor. B. A taxi driver. C. A policewoman. 7. When did the man lose the wallet? A. In a taxi. B. In Dr. Jefferson’s office. C. It was unclear. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8. What’s the probable relationship between the speakers? A. Close friends. B. Strangers. C. Colleagues. 9. What’s the woman going to do? A. She is working in a post office nearby. B. She wants to do some exercise. C. She intends to post a letter. 10. What does the woman have to do to reach the destination?
A. She has to find the entrance inside a building complex. B. She has to turn right to the main street. C. She has to register. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 14 题。 11. How long has been away down on the coast? A. For ages. B. For a few days. C. For a few months. 12. With whom did Laurence go down on the coast? A. His classmates. B. His teachers. C. His relatives. 13. Why does Laurence call Mary? A. Because he wants to go to Scotland with her. B. Because he wants to invite her to a meal. C. Because he is getting married. 14. Why is Mary going to Scotland? A. For further education. B. For a wedding party. C. For a holiday. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 15. What does the woman think of mahjong? A. Mahjong is a beneficial hobby. B. Mahjong can become an addiction. C. Mahjong is too boring to play. 16. What used to be the man’s hobby? A. Collecting stamps. B. Watching TV series. C. Reading science books. 17. What are they going to do now? A. Teach their partners. B. Learn old card games. C. Play mahjong. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. Why did the speaker ask the people to leave the building as quickly as possible? A. Because there might be an explosive device in the building. B. Because a robbery would happen soon. C. Because electricity went out in the building. 19. Where did this announcement take place? A. At an airport. B. At a railway station. 20. When did this incident happen possibly? A. In the morning. B. In the afternoon.
C. In a theatre. C. In the evening.
第二部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 单项填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 从 A, B, C, D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. Without __________ electricity, how can we search for information on __________ Internet? A. /; a B. /; the C. the; the D. the; a 22. __________ it is to have a cold drink after an ___________game! A. How fun; exhausting B. What fun; exhausting C. How fun; exhausted D. What fun; exhausted 23. I remember you were a talented pianist at college. Can you play the piano for me? —Sorry, I _______ the piano for years.
A. don’t play B. wasn’t playing C. haven’t played D. hadn’t played 24. It’s said that the power plant is now_______ large as what it was. A. twice as B. as twice C. twice much D. much twice 25. Linda worked for the Minnesota Manufacturing and Mining company_____ as 3M. A. knowing B. known C. being known D. to be known 26.Our English teacher suggests that we should _______ the dictionary every time we come across a new word while reading. A. refer to B. look up C. not refer to D. not look up 27. It is said that it will be a few days ______ we have our exciting Military Training. A. when B. before C. since D. after 28. The engine of that ship was out of order and the bad weather______ the helplessness of visitors at sea. A. added to B. resulted from C. turned out D. made up 29. --- It was sunny yesterday. --- __________. And a very good day for picnic, wasn’t it? A. So it is B. So it was C. So was it D. So is it 30. ---John and I will celebrate our fortieth wedding anniversary next month. ---Oh, _________! A. cheer up B. well done C. go ahead D. congratulations 第二节 完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36～55 各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中， 选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Michael Greenberg is a very popular New Yorker. He is not famous in sports or the arts. But people in the streets 31 him, especially those who are 32. For those people, he is“Gloves”Greenberg. How did he get that 33 ?He looks like any other businessman, wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase(公文箱).But he’s 34 .His briefcase always has some gloves. In winter, Mr. Greenberg does not 35 like other New Yorkers, who look at the sidewalk and 36 the street. He looks around at 37 .He stops when he 38 someone with no gloves. He gives them a pair and then he 39 ,looking for more people with cold 40 . On winter days, Mr. Greenberg 41 gloves. During the rest of the year, he 42 gloves. People who have heard about him 43 him gloves, and he has many in his apartment. Mr. Greenberg 44 doing this 21 years ago. Now, many poor New Yorkers know him and 45 his behavior. But people who don’t know him are sometimes 46 him. They don’t realize that he just wants to make them 47 . It runs in the 48 .Michael’s father always helped the poor as he believed it made everyone happier. Michael Greenberg feels the 49 .A pair of gloves may be a 50 thing, but it can make a big difference in winter. 31. A. know about B. learn from C. cheer for D. look after
32. A. old B. busy C. kind D. poor 33. A. job B.name C. chance D. message 34. A. calm B. different C. crazy D. curious 35. A. act B. sound C. feel D. dress 36. A. cross over B. drive along C. hurry down D. keep off 37. A. cars B. people C. street numbers D. traffic lights 38. A. helps B. chooses C. greets D. sees 39 .A. holds up B. hangs out C. moves on D. turns around 40. A. hands B. ears C. faces D. eyes 41.A. searches for B. stores up C. gives away D. puts on 42. A. borrows B. sells C. returns D. buys 43. A. call B. send C. lend D. show 44. A. delayed B. remembered C. began D. enjoyed 45. A. understand B. dislike C. study D. excuse 46. A. sorry for B. satisfied with C. proud of D. surprised by 47.A. smart B. rich C. special D. happy 48. A. city B. family C. neighborhood D. company 49. A. honor B. pain C. same D. cold 50. A. small B. useful C. delightful D. comforting 第三部分：阅读理解（共 20 小题，每题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下面 A、B、C\、D、E 五篇短文，从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出最佳选项。 （请在 机读卡相应番号后将该选项涂黑） A Once many years ago, I pulled a family out of a burning car somewhere in Wyoming. Last week I received a telephone call from a woman who could not stop crying as she told me that one of my stories had saved her son from committing suicide. In closing she called me a hero. That got me thinking about what a hero is. Was I a hero because I pulled a family from a burning car? If so, how could I be a hero just because I wrote a story that saved someone’s life? Today I decided to look up the word “hero” in the dictionary to see exactly what it meant. It read “a person who does something brave”. As I read on, it also said “a person who is good and noble”. That statement impressed me more than the part about being brave. So I thought about something very important. Say I was walking into the local Wal-Mart Store and I happened to open, and hold the door for someone as a courtesy. As they passed me by, I say, “How are you today? ”Most of the time that would be no big deal, but this time let’s say it was for someone who was deeply depressed and near the end of the rope. That may have very well been the only kindness or courtesy shown to them in a very long time. Having been near “the end of my rope”, after my marriage of twenty years ended, I was in such a condition. I was within hours trying to get enough courage to end
the pain and misery. When I returned home, someone had sent me a card in the mail which told me how much they would appreciate me as a friend. That wonderful card probably saved my life. That person, without even knowing it, saved a life and became a hero. Gee, who would have ever thought that anyone can become a hero, and possibly save a life just by being kind and polite to others? The best part of all is that becoming a hero is free to all who wish to wear such an honor. 51. Which of the following would be the best title for this passage? A. Why Should You Be A Hero? C. I Am A Hero B. What Exactly Is A Hero? D. Everyone Is A Hero
52. From the first paragraph we know that_______. A. the woman was just the one from the family I pulled out B. one of my stories prevented the woman’s son from ending his life C. the woman couldn’t help crying because I had saved her life D. the writer was called a hero who had saved a family from an accident 53. The underlined word “courtesy” in Paragraph 4 means the behavior that is_________. A. polite and respectful C. smart and considerate B. brave and fearless D. cute and kind
54. After the writer got divorced(离婚), _________. A. he devoted all his life to helping the poor B. he led a very happy life C. he led an extremely unhappy and uncomfortable life D. he found much pleasure in supporting the homeless B Psy, a Korean famous K-pop singer came, with his popular song “Gangnam Style” which is well-known overnight during the latest four months. As a matter of fact, Gangnam is an upper-class(上层的)community, which lies in Seoul’s southeast, whose population is less than 5% of Seoul. But for many people, questions still remain What’s the style of Gangnam anyway? What does it look like hidden by the horsey-dance? Here is some information on Gangnam related to the song. 1. Getting the look of Gangnam Style There are many brands(品牌)in Gangnam. Along the blocks of Cheongdam and Shinsa, it’s easy to catch the international and fashion-forward brands like Chanel, Prada and so on. Therefore, Gangnam is a hot place for some fashion people. Besides, some home-grown brands are also apples in their eyes, for example, Johnny Hates Jazz. Stores here aren’t cheap, but that’s the price you pay to “dress classy, and dance crazy” as Psy puts it. 2. Enjoying the beautiful fountain Named the world’s “longest bridge fountain” in 2008 by the Guinness World
Records(世界吉尼斯纪录), the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain(月光彩虹喷泉)is
1, 140 meters of flowing water lit by LED lights. Running along the Banpo Bridge, it attracts people who enjoy the view of the Han River. The fountain works three times a day during weekdays, and doubles on weekends, shooting tons of water every minute. If you’re lucky, you might see fireworks from one of the river’s boats after sunset, which is considered the best scenery of Gangnam. 3. Letting your hair down while trotting(像马一样小跑) If you, like Psy, are looking for “a girl who puts her hair down when the nighttime comes”, then you can trot to one of Gangnam’s colorful nightclubs. Anyway, they’re good places to practice the horsey-dance. One of the top clubs in the country, even in Asia, is Club Ellui, which invites hot-shot K-pop stars like JYP(Park Jin-young), 2PM and GD & Top, and often invites international singers by cooperating(合作)with overseas(海外的)clubs such as Space Ibiza and Ministry of Sound. Some club fans head there on a Friday or Saturday, and prepare to gather there and stay until the next day. 55. What does the underlined word “apple” in Paragraph 3 refer to? A. around and fresh fruit C. a brand of mobile phones B. a cause of an argument D. a thing that is loved deeply
56. Which of the following about Gangnam is TRUE? A. Psy, a Korean K-pop singer, lives and works in clubs in Gangnam. B. Moonlight Rainbow Fountain works ten times a day during weeks. C. You can buy fashionable brands at home and abroad in Gangnam. D. Club Ellui prefers working alone to working with others. 57. We can know from the passage that the dance in “Gangnam Style” is _______. A. gentle B. soft C. violent D. crazy 58. What’s the best title of the passage? A. A famous singer named Psy C. Different activities in Gangnam C Are you looking for some new and exciting places to take your kids (孩子) to? Try some of these places Visit art museums. They offer a variety of activities to excite your kids’ interest. Many offer workshops for making hand-made pieces, traveling exhibits, book signings by children’s favorite writers, and even musical performances and other arts. Head to a natural history museum. This is where kids can discover the past from dinosaur(恐龙) models to rock collections and pictures of stars in the sky. Also, ask what kind of workshops and educational programs are prepared for kids and any special events that are coming up. ·Go to a Youtheater. Look for one in your area offering plays for child and family visitors. Pre-show play shops are conducted by area artists and educators where kids can discover the secret about performing arts. Puppet(木偶)making and stage make-up are just a couple of the special offerings you might find. ·Try hands-on science. Visit one of the many hands-on science museums around
B. A song named Gangnam Style D. Brief introduction to Gangnam
the country. These science play-lands are great fun for kids and grown-ups alike. They’ll keep your child mentally and physically active the whole day through while pushing buttons, experimenting, and building. When everyone is tired, enjoy a fun family science show, commonly found in these museums. 59.If a child is interested in the universe, he probably will visit________. A. a Youtheater B. an art museum C. a natural history museum D. a hands-on science museum 60. What can kids do at a Youtheater? A. Look at rock collections. B. See dinosaur models. C. Watch puppet making. D. Give performances. 61. What does “hands-on science” mean in the last paragraph? A. Science games designed by kids. B. Learning science by doing things. C. A show of kids’ science work. D. Reading science books. 62. Where does this text probably come from? A. A science textbook. B. A tourist map. C. A museum guide. D. A news report. D Most rain forests lie to the equator(赤道), where the climate is often mild and there are long hours of sunshine. The warmth of the land heats the air above, causing it to rise and tiny drops of water to fall as rain. The rainfall can reach at least 98 inches a year. This wet, warm world with plenty of sunlight is perfect for plants to grow, so the trees grow fast with green leaves all the year round. The trees themselves also have an effect on the climate. They gather water from the soil and pass it out into the air through their leaves. The wet air then forms clouds, which hang over the treetops like smoke. These clouds protect the forest from the daytime heat and night-time cold of nearby deserts, keeping temperatures fit for plant growth. Rain forests slightly farther away from the equator remain just as warm, but they have a dry season of three months or more when little rain falls. Tree leaves fall during this dry season and new leaves grow when the wet season or monsoon(雨 季) begins. Thus these areas are known as the "monsoon forest". Another type of rain forest grows on tropical mountains. It is often called the "cloud forest" because clouds often hang over the trees like fog. The rain forest is the ideal place for the growth of many different trees. Most of them depend on animals to eat their fruits and spread their seeds. When the fruits are eaten, the seeds inside them go undamaged through animals' stomachs and are passed out in their droppings. The seeds lying on the forest floor then grow into new trees. 63. The climate of the rain forests near the equator is __________ . A. mild, wet and windy B. hot, rainy and foggy C. hot, wet and cloudy D. warm, wet and sunny 64. We can learn from the passage that __________ . A. tree leaves are green all the time in the monsoon forest B. there is a dry season in the cloud forest on tropical mountains
C. clouds help the plants in the rain forests near the deserts to grow D. the formation of climate in the rain forest has little to do with the trees 65. According to the passage, __________ play the most important role in the spreading of seeds. A. animals B. droppings C. fruits D. winds 66. This passage is most likely to be found in__________. A. a travel guide B. a story book C. a technical report D. a geographical book E Do you blank out, freeze up or feel so nervous in exams that you have trouble writing answers to questions you knew just the night before? If so, you likely have a case of test anxiety. But don't worry. By recognizing the problem, you are taking the first step towards overcoming it. Believe it or not, a bit of nervousness can sharpen your mind, allowing you to perform more quickly. This is because under pressure, the body releases (释放) the hormone adrenaline (肾上腺素), which prepares it for something important that will happen. However, too much anxiety can result in sleeplessness, loss of appetite before tests, and poor performance. Some people might feel hot or even sick. If you worry a lot or are a perfectionist, you are more likely to have trouble with test anxiety. Those who have prepared poorly for a test or have had negative(负 面的) experiences taking tests may also experience test anxiety. When you feel a storm of anxiety coming on, stop what you're doing and make your mind a blank. If possible, actually tell yourself to "STOP!" This will get your mind off the pressure. Then think of being at a place of comfort and let your body relax. As you continue the test, find questions you know the answers to and answer them first. This will help you become confident. Talk to yourself using positive language. Make it a habit to replace each negative thought with a good reason. For example "I've studied hard and I know the material, so I'm ready to do the best I can." Another thing you can do is to learn to accept mistakes. In fact, they can be valuable learning opportunities. Last but not least, start test preparation early——three to five days ahead of the quiz or test. After all, good study habits and skills——for example, time management and note-taking —— will give you the feeling that you are in control. 67. According to the text, people who ________ are more likely to have trouble with test anxiety. A. worry a lot or are perfectionists B. prepare poorly for a test C. have failed in tests before D. all of above 68. Which of the following is NOT the way to beat nerves according to the author? A. Stop what you are doing and try to relax.B. Talk to your teacher or friends. C. Make a full test preparation early. D. Learn to accept mistakes. 69. From the text, we know it is NOT true that ________. A. test anxiety makes you fail to work out the problems that are really difficult. B. a little of test anxiety might be helpful to some students. C. some students can't sleep well before the test.
D. some students fail in the test because of anxiety. 70. What would be the best title for the text? A. What is test anxiety. B. Why we have test anxiety. C. How to beat nerves. D. Develop a positive attitude.
第二卷（三部分，共 40 分） 第一节 单词拼写：请根据首字母或汉语提示完成单词。 (共 10 小题;每题 1 分，满分 10 分) 71. What ___________ (印象) most me was their ability to deal with any problem. 72. If the things are in the d________, you can’t see them clearly. 73. As we know, WTO is short for World Trade O______. 74. In the opening c_______, he made an important speech on how to serve the people. 75. F__________, we left the building before the earthquake happened. 76. In our physics lab there are a lot of e_________ equipment. 77. In order to keep healthy we should have a b________ diet every day. 78.You are not allowed to enter the library without p________. 79. The _________ (百分率) of the earth covered by water is two-thirds. 80. I’m sorry. I can’t give you an i__________ answer. I’ll reply to you tomorrow.. 第二节 短文改错 (共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多两个错误；每处 错误仅涉及一个单词的增加，删除或修改。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下写出该加的词。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出改正后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从 11 处起）不计分。
I am very exciting to have received an e-mail from you. I’m glad you have made such a great progress that you can write your e-mail good Chinese. I read your e-mail to my parents and show them the photo you sent it to me. How time flies! Our friendship has lasted for several months. We have got to know but learned a lot with each other. Yes, it is clearly that your life in your country is quite different from me. Thanks again for writing to me. I’m looking forward to hear from you soon. Best wishes to you and your family. 第三节 书面表达（满分 20 分） 假如你叫李华，是七中实验学校高一新生。你新学校上课两个多月了，想给你朋友 Tom 去信或 e-mail，谈谈这两个多月学习生活情况。 内容如下： 1、校园环境； 2、老师; 3、同学； 4、你自己的学习等； 5、课外活动； 6、你对学校的好感； 注意： 1. 词数 120 左右; 2.文章的开头已为你写好,不计入总词数. Dear Tom, I have been in this new school for more than two months. I’m writing here to tell you something about my new school and my study. _________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________Best wishes and good luck! Yours, Li Hua
copyright ©right 2010-2020。