注意事项： 1．答题前填写好自己的姓名、班级、考号等信息 2．请将答案正确填写在答题卡上
第 I 卷（选择题）
请修改第 I 卷的文字说明 评卷人 得分 一、补全短文
1. — Hi, Kevin. 1 — Hi, Sue. I’m preparing fo
r the English speech contest. What about you? — Nothing. Well, you have a large collection of special stamps, don’t you? — I do have a lot. 2 — But I heard they cost a lot. How can you afford to buy them? — I have to save every penny for them. — Well, the price keeps going up. You can earn a lot by selling them. — I’m afraid not. I’d be sad if I have to sell them. — By the way, have you ever been to other countries? — Never. But I have many foreign stamps. — That sounds amazing. 3 — I’ve got some friends studying abroad. They send me some at times. — I see. My parents travel a lot every year. If you like, I can ask them to help you with that. — 4 — Not at all. — Now I’m heading for the post office. I heard that a set of rare stamps would be for sale this afternoon. 5 — Sure. I’d love to. A. I’m interested in collecting stamps. B. Do you have any interest in collecting stamps? C. Would you like to go with me? D. How do you get those foreign stamps? E. What have you been doing recently? F. That would be too good if it won’t give them too much trouble. G. I don’t believe what you have said to me.
第 II 卷（非选择题）
请修改第 II 卷的文字说明
2. Only when he met the girl his aunt introduced to him ____ that he had seen her before. （ ） A．he realized B．he did realize C．realized he D．did he realize 3. _______ that Marie was able to set up new branches elsewhere. ( ) A．So successful her business was B．So successful was her business C．So her business was successful D．So was her successful business 4. If _____ to look after luggage for someone else, inform the police at once. A. asked B. to ask C. asking D. having asked 5. Only in that way _______ ready for the challenges and opportunities in life. （ ） A．will we be B．we will be C．will be we D．we shall be 6. Only after a baby seal is pushed into the sea by its mother _____ to swim. （ ） A．how will it learn B．will it learn how C．it will learn how D．and it learns how 7. ---Shall I tell your best friends what happened to you yesterday? — ______they ask you． （ ） A．Not if B．Not unless C．Not except D．Not though 8. ______ in the early 20 th century, the school keeps on inspiring children ’ s love of art. A. To found B. Founding C. Founded D. Having founded 9. —I’ve never seen so many people here before！ — ______ . （ ） A．So have I B．Neither have I C．So I have D．Neither I have 10. ____ alone in the large house, the little boy had to learn to survive by himself.( ) A. To be left B. Having left C. Left D. Being left 11. ________after a whole day’s work that he could hardly stand it. ( ) A．So was tired and hungry he B．Was so tired and hungry he C．So tired and hungry was he D．So tired and hungry he was 12. ______ well in an interview made him lose the position in that company. A. Not doing B. Not to have done C. Having not done D. Doing not 13. ________ at the news that I didn’t know what to say to comfort her. A．So sadly she looked B．So sad did she look C．So sadly did she look D．So sadly did she looked 14. Not until he retired from teaching three years ago 辽宁） A. he had considered B. had he considered C. he considered D. did he consider having a holiday abroad. （2012
15. Although he has suffered an injury, people keep hoping the world will see Kaka, a talented player,________ the game he loves so much. A. enjoys B. enjoying C. having enjoyed D. enjoyed 16. —So hard _____ in the past few months that he has made great progress in English. —I can see that; only a few mistakes _____ in the exam. （ ） A．has he worked; did he make B．he has worked; did he make C．he has worked; he made D．has he worked; he made 17. It is reported that more and more people die of illnesses ____taking drugs. A. relating with B. is related to C. related to D. is related with 18. Though _____ very hard, he couldn’t make enough money to pay off his debt. ( A. works B. worked C. working D. was working 19. My sister speaks English＿＿＿＿＿, if not better than, my brother. A. as well B. as well as C. so well D. so well as 20. The old lady （ ） A. charged 21. the shopkeeper of charging her too much for the goods she had bought. )
D. accused ) being
With so many exercises ____________, the students are hav ing a hard time. ( A. finished B. finishing C. to finish D. finishing
22. When ________he question, Lily was lost in thought, considering when ___the job． A．asking, to start B．asked, starting C．asking, starting D．asked, to start 23. The Prime Minister got to the platform and sat down, ____to answer the questions. ( A. preparing B . being preparing C . prepared D . to prepare 24. His first book last month is based on a true story. ( ) A. published B. to be published C. to publish D. being published 25. ______ that we all went out, lying in the sun. ( ) A．So the weather was fine B．So fine was the weather C．So fine the weather was D．So was the fine weather 26. From his look, I guess his exam result this time is .（ ） A.disappointing; disappointing B. disappointed; disappointing C. disappointing; disappointed D. disappointed; disappointed )
27. Much of the homework of online schools is still completed in the old-fashioned way, with students ________ at a desk with a pencil and paper. ( ) A. seating B. seated C. to seat D. seat ．( )
28. Two hours away from the tall buildings of New York A．some of the world’s largest bears live B．lives some of the world’s largest bears C．do some of the world’s largest bears live D．live some of the world’s largest bears 29. He broke his legs while ＿＿＿＿＿. A. riding B. ride C. was riding 30. Be careful with such things. If you A. don’t B. won’t C. aren’t
D. ro de , you’ll drop them. D. do ）
31. --- Are you angry? --- Yes. He should at least answer when ____. （ A．speaking B．spoken to C．spoken D．speaking to
评卷人 得分 三、单词拼写
32. Fifty years ago, Chairman Mao ______(宣告) the founding of the People’s Republic of China. 33. She is always o_____________, even when she has to face the failure in work and life.
评卷人 得分 四、完形填空
34. It's a typical Snoopy card: cheerful message, bright colors, though a little yellow and faded now. Although I've received fancier, more expensive cards over the years, this is the only one I've __1__. One summer，it spoke volumes to me. I received it __2__ the first June I faced as a widow to raise two teenage daughters alone. In all the emotional confusion of this sudden single __ 3__， I even had difficulty in the simplest housework ：leaky taps, oil changes, even barbecues. Those had always been my husband's __ 4__. I was embarrassed every time I __5__ my thumb with a hammer. My uncertain attempts only __6__ the fear inside me：How could I be both a father and mother to my girls? Clearly ，I __7__ the tools and skills. That morning，my girls pushed me into the living room to see something. (I prayed it wasn't __8__ repair job. )The“something”turned out to be an __ 9__ and several wrapped things on the carpet. My __10__ must have been plain as I stared from the colorful packages to my
daughters' __11__ faces. “Go ahead! Open them！” they urged. As I __12__ the packages, I discovered a small barbecue grill and all the necessary __13__ including a green kitchen glove. “But why？”I asked. “Happy Father's Day！”they shouted together. “Moms don't get presents on Father's Day，”I said. “You forgot to open the __14__ ，”Jane reminded. I pulled it from the envelope. There sat Snoopy, merrily wishing me a Happy Father's Day. “Because ，” the girls said，“ you've been a father and mother to us，why shouldn't you be __15__ on Father's Day？” As I fought back tears, I realized they were __16__ . I wanted to be a “professional” dad，who had the latest tools. The girls __17__ wanted a parent they could count on to be there, day after day, __18__ repeatedly the tasks of basic care and love. The girls are grown now, __19__ they still send me Father's Day cards, but none of those cards means as much to me as that first one. Its simple message told me being a great parent didn't require any special __20__ at all—just a willing worker.
Washoe has also been 8 to find answers to problems. Once she was put in a 9 with food hanging from the ceiling. It was too high to 10 . After she considered the 11 ,she got a tall box to 12 . The food was still too high to be reached. Washoe found a 13 pole. Then she climbed onto the 14 . Washoe 16 like a human ,too. The scientists keep her in a fully furnished house. After a hard 17 in the lab, she goes home. 18 she plays with her toys. She 19 enjoys watching television before going to bed. Scientists hope to 20 more about people by studying our closest relative ----- the chimpanzee. 1. A. foolish B. simple C. special D. ordinary 2. A. for B. on C. to D. by 3. A. experience B. change C. develop D. become 4. A. actions B. views C. messages D. feelings 5. A. human B. sign C. spoken D. foreign 6. A. out B. at C. on D. up 7. A. when B. until C. since D. while 8. A. trained B. raised C. ordered D. led 9. A. hole B. zoo C. room D. museum 10. A. pull B. see C. eat D. reach 11. A. problem B. position C. food D. ceiling 12.A. stand by B. stand on C. stand up D. stand with
13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A.
straight wall knocked lives task But quite see
B. B. B. B.
B. strong B. box picked works B. lesson There B. already answer
C. C. C. C.
C. long C. ceiling took thinks C. time So C. even learn
D. heavy D. pole D. pulled D. plays D. day D. Still D. still D. gain
36. Most people make treehouses using a pile of wood, a hammer, and some nails. Mitchell Joachim, an architect from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has a(n) _1_ vision. He pictures a day when homes will be created from __2__. Joachim's vision ___3__ an idea called pleaching (编织), where tree branches are grown so that they __4__ weave together. Since the growth patterns of trees are _5_ by wind and sunlight, it may be __6_ to control the way a tree develops. These Fabricated Tree House Habitats would use trees grown into shape s as housing. One of the __7_ of these designs is that trees would not have to be cut down __8_. "A 100 percent treehouse would take _9_ to create," Joachim said．__10_ the climate, a house could take anywhere from 5 to 30 years to grow. Fortunately, there' s a way to __11_ the process. Joachim suggests including __12_ materials such as sod (草皮), grasses and living branches in the housing designs. "This material would be able to move __13_ the house grows," Joachim said． A home would become an actual ecosystem, a community of plants, animals, and bacteria working together. The trees would also give off water vapor that would assist in _14__ the homes. Solar panels and wind would help provide _15__. The tree homes might even have soil pockets, __16_ plants could grow from the structure itself. Work has already __17_ on Joachim's first design—a house made from 15 percent recycled and 15 percent living things. Joachim is confident about the __18__ of his work, as he uses natural products _19_ nature. "The environment and its study are very important. We need to respect nature, don’t _20_," he said． 1．A．similar B．excellent C．strange D．different 2．A．living trees B．small trees C．living things D．wild plants. 3．A．agrees with B．is considered as C．is based on D．comes up with 4．A．luckily B．naturally C．partly D．separately 5．A．effected B．affected C．attempted D．intended 6．A．possible B．impossible C．important D．necessary 7．A．designers B．purposes C．disadvantages D．advantages 8．A．on purpose B．for wood C．by chance D．at ease 9．A．troubles B．great efforts C．a few months D．years 10．A．Depending on B．Judging by C．Protected from D．Suffering from 11．A．speed up B．carry on C．slow down D．smooth away 12．A．compound B．chemical C．ecological D．industrial 13．A．for B．as C．so D．because
14．A．cleaning B．heating C．cooling D．lighting 15．A．food B．energy C．beauty D．charming 16．A．where B．which C．that D．and 17．A．stopped B．completed C．controlled D．begun 18．A．pleasure B．happiness C．benefit D．importance 19．A．going against B．without destroying C．by destroying D．coming from 20．A．think you are it B．do it ourselves C．take it for granted D．put it like this
评卷人 得分 五、阅读理解
37. An Israeli law banning too-skinny models went into effect with the start of 2013. The law, approved last March in Israel, requires models to prove they have maintained a Body Mass Index (BMI) of at least 18.5 for three months before a fashion show. That means a woman who is 5’8” tall can weigh no less than 119 pounds. “This law is another step in the war against eating disorders,” said physician Adatto. “Underweight models,” he explained, “can no longer serve as rold models for innocent young people who copy their false image of being skinny.” But some critics in this country say it is misguided, focusing on weight instead of health. They also say the Israeli ban is bound to fail because of the strong power of the fashion industry. “I think it’s an approach that isn’t going to work.” Said eating disorder expert Susan Ice, who worked with an organization wich creates a healthy working environment for models. But Adatto told the reporter told the reporter that he began to concern the issue after meeting an aspiring model who looked like she needed to be hospitalized. He said. "I realized that on ly legislation can change the situation. There was no time to waste, so many girls were dieting to death." However, the efforts to regulate models’s weight in Spain and Italy have not resulted in part because of difficulties in determining reliable methods of measuring weight and health." ？Still, folks including Ice say there's no denying that images from Hollywood and the fashion industry can be difficult for young women to deal with. "Certainly I don't believe the modeling industry has caused the rise in eating disorders, but it makes it harder," she says. "It's a difficult recovery environment, worshiping thinness as the beauty ideal." 1．What does BMI in the first paragraph refer to? A．A measure of body health based on height and weight. B．A worldwide prize for the healthies model. C．A new show held by those skinny models. D．A kind of medicine to cure eating disorders. 2．One benefit the new Israeli law may bring is . A．to change the working conditions of models B．to lower the chance of skinny models’s death C．tp [revent models from suffering from eating disorders D．to provide guidance for women worshiping thinness 3．In the opinion of the critics, the law won’t succeed because .
A．it misleads young women to form a bad eating habit B．the fashion industry is much too influential C．it doesn’t provide a proper approach that can work well D．it doesn’t create a healthy working environment for models 4．What cause Adatto to think that a law was needed to change the situation? A．Establishing his fashion-model agent. B．Metting an ambitious but too skinny model. C．Being interviewed by a reporter. D．Seeing a model die from eating disorders. 5．According to the passage, the new Israeli law banning skinny models is A．practical B．acceptable C．reasonable D．controversial
38. Imagine an eco-conscious city where rooftops have been transformed into fertile, green gardens． It's a place where every home is equipped with a system that recycles valuable water resources． In this town, protecting the planet is a way of life．That's how Abby Sharp, 14, Wyatt Peery, 13, and Tom Krajnak, 14, saw their city of tomorrow ．The vision won the eighth-graders from Bexley, Ohio: first prize at the 2009 National Engineers Week Future City Competition ． The annual design competition challenges middle school students to use engineering to deal with issues that affect the earth ． This year the- competition focused on water conservation．Participants had to come up with ways to improve water use in the home ．Kids from 38 middle schools across the country competed in the finals．'The event took place from February 17-18 in Washington, D．C．More than 30,000 students entered the competition． Abby, Wyatt and Tom call their winning city Novo Mondum ．The name means “new world” in Latin． Novo Mondum sits on the coast of Iceland． The group chose the spot for its wealth of clean energy resources, such as geothermal（地热的）energy and hydropower．Both sources use the power of nature to generate electricity. Geothermal energy draws heat from deep inside the Earth．Hydropower gets energy from flowing water．"Our city is very globally aware," Abby told TFK． Students team up with a teacher and a volunteer engineer mentor （顾问） to develop their cities．Each group creates a fictional city on SimCity 4 Deluxe, a computer ga me that allows players to build virtual towns．Then they construct tabletop models of the cities and write essays describing their project, The models must be made using recycled materials and cost no more than $100 to build． 1．What's the main feature of the city designed by the three winners? A．Making full use of water resources． B．Turning rooftops into green gardens． C．Protecting our home - the earth． D．Costing no money to build． 2．It can be inferred that water conversation is ． A．one of the problems that influence the Earth． B．the main theme of2009 Future City Competition． C．one of the issues for the participants to deal with abroad ． D． an easy topic for all the students to design． 3．According to the passage, Abby, Wyatt and Tom are ． A．ninth-graders from Bexley, Ohio．
B．second prize winners at the 2009 Future City Competition ． C．lucky to get the first prize at the 2009 Future City Competition ． D．eighth-graders from Washington, D．C． 4．The underlined word “hydropower” means ． A．electric power from burning oil． B．electric power from burning coals． C．electric power from deep inside the earth． D．electric power from moving water． 5．What's the main idea of the last paragraph? A．The process of developing a Future City． B．How teachers instruct the students in the competition． C．The process of building virtual towns． D． What materials should be used in the competition． 39. The legal limit for driving after drinking alcohol is 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilite rs of blood, when tested. But there is not sure way of telling how much you can drink before you reach this limit. It varies with each person depending on our weight, your sex, if you’ve just eaten and what sort of drinks you’ve had. Some people might reac h their limit after only about three standard drinks. In fact, your drinking ability can be affected by just one or tow drinks. Even if you’re below the legal limit, you could still be taken to court if a police officer thinks your driving has been affected by alcohol. It takes about an hour for the body to get rid of the alcohol in one standard drink. So, if you have a heavy drinking session in the evening you might find that your driving ability is still affected the next morning, or you could even find that you’re still over the legal limit. In addition, if you’ve had a few drinks at lunchtime, another one or tow drinks in the early evening may well put you over the legal limit. In a test with professional drivers, the more alcoholic drinks they had had t he more certain they ere that they could drive a test course through a set of moveable posts and the less able they were to do it ! So the only way to be sure you’re safe is not to drink at all. Alcohol is a major cause of road accidents. One is three of the drivers killed in road accidents have levels of alcohol which are over the legal limit, and road accidents after drinking are the biggest cause of death among young men. More than half of people stopped by the police to take a breath analyzer test have a blood alcohol concentration of more than twice the legal limit. It is important to remember that driving after you’ve been drinking doesn’t just affect you. If you’re involved in an accident it affects a lot of other people as well, not least the perso n you might kill or injure. 1. Which of the following statements is NOT true? A. Three standard drinks may cause some people to reach the legal limit. B. There is no sure way of telling how much you can drink before you reach the legal limit. C. The legal limit for driving after drinking is 0.008 gm of alcohol in 100 milliliters of blood. D. The amount of alcohol a person can drink before reaching legal limit is the same for different people. 2. If the police think that you have been drinking from the way you are driving , you’ll possibly _______.
A. be fined B. receive a severe punishment C. be taken to court by the police D. feel guilt 3. We may infer that even a professional driver will find hard to pass through a set of moveable posts if he drinks _______. A. heavily B. a little C. every day D. occasionally 4. This passage indicated that ________. A. a driver who does not take any alcohol will not die in road accidents B. those who drink must be killed C. more young men die in drink-related accidents than in any other way D. one is three of the drivers often drinks a lot 5. One of the writer’s purposes in writing the passage is to tell you that _______. A .young men should never drive quickly B. driving after drinking may put many lives at risk C. safe drinking is impossible D. the manner of drinking is meaningless 40. Four out of ten women who diet end up heavier than when they started watching their waistline（腰围）, a study revealed today. The research also showed that a la rge percentage of women start noticing the pounds creeping back on just 21 days after reaching their ideal weight. Yesterday, Dr Ian Campbell of the Jenny Craig weight management program said: “In the UK 61.4 per cent of adults are overweight or obese. Suc cessful weight management requires a long-term commitment in order to lose weight successfully and for good. Dieting can be a real challenge so setting realistic goals and remaining focused on them is important. Otherwise as this research shows, women could end up heavier than when they started.” The “Food: Body: Mind” report was publicized by Jenny Craig who quizzed 2000 women aged between 18 and 65 who diet regularly on their attitudes, beliefs and behaviors around weight loss. Six in ten said they are currently on a diet and one in five women said they are on a “continuous diet”. It found the most common triggers to start dieting was seeing their “reflection in the mirror”, preparing for a summer holiday or unflattering photos posted on social networking sites. Other popular reasons include comments by friends or relatives or their other half. However, the study showed that one in ten give up within one day, while almost a fifth manage to make it to a week or more. The average is ten days. Many blamed pres sure they put on themselves to lose weight too quickly for the weight gain, which leaves them with a bigger appetite than normal. Others blamed colleagues, who tuck into fatty lunches and snacks unaware of the effect it has on the dieter, while mothers who polish off their children's leftovers（剩饭） was another common cause of weight gain. 1. Which of the following might be the best title for this article? A. Three reasons to fail in dieting B. Important things for successful diet C. Obesity: problem for 61.4% adults in UK D. Four in ten women gain weight on diets 2. In the UK, women who go on a diet __________. A. are all overweight or obese B. are likely to gain weight again after reaching their ideal weight
C. all fail because they are not persistent enough D. end up heavier than when they start to diet 3. The underlined word “triggers” in Paragraph 4 probably means __________. A. effects B. examples C. causes D. imagination 4. Which of the following is NOT the reason why many people quit di eting very soon? A. The pressure they put on themselves to lose weight quickly. B. Colleagues who give them fatty lunches and snacks. C. Reflections they see in the mirror. D. Leftovers of children’s taken by their mothers. 5. In which column of the newspaper do you probably find the passage? A. Health. B. Economy. C. Sports. D. Education.
评卷人 得分 六、书面表达
41. 假定你是李华， 从互联网 （the Internet） 上得知一个国际中学生组织将在新加坡(Singapore) 举办夏令营，欢迎各国学生参加。请写一封电子邮件申请参加。 内容主要包括： 1.自我介绍(包括英语能力); 2.参加意图（介绍中国、了解其他国家） ； 3.希望获准。 注意： 1.词数 100 左右： 2.可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯 3.邮件开头和结尾已为你写好。 Dear Sir or Madam,
评卷人 得分 七、短语填空
42. We can conclude that the two events_______________________( 相互联系)．(link) 43. With great pain and patience,he finally managed to finish the experiment. 44. The new government is______people for support.
评卷人 得分 八、句型转换
Paris is the largest city in the world where people speak French. Paris is the largest ___________ city ___________ the world.
I assume that your task will take you two hours thi s afternoon. I the that you will two hours finishing your task this afternoon. 47. The doctor told the nurses to prepare for the operation at once. The doctor told the nurses to for the operation at once. 48. Bob said to Mary,“I saw the film two days ago.”
参考答案 一、补全短文 1.【答案】1-5 EADFC 二、单项选择
10.【答案】C 11.【答案】C 12.【答案】A 13.【答案】B 14.【答案】D 15.【答案】B 16.【答案】D 17.【答案】C 18.【答案】C 19.【答案】B 20.【答案】D 21.【答案】C. 22.【答案】D
三、单词拼写 32.【答案】Announced/ declared
37.【答案】ACBBD 38.【答案】CBCDA 39.【答案】DCACB 40.【答案】DBCCA 六、书面表达
七、短语填空 42.【答案】are linked to each other
43.【答案】pain→pains 44.【答案】appealing to 八、句型转换 45.【答案】 French-speaking; throughout 46.【答案】 make; assumption; spend 47.【答案】 make preparations 48.【答案】→Bob told Mary that he had seen the film two days before.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。