（人教课标版）必修四 Unit4 Body language 课时练
学校： 姓名： 班级： 考号：
My mother often asked me what the most important part of the body is. When I was young,
I th ought 1 was very important, so I said, “My ears, Mommy.”She said,“No. Think about it and I will 2 you again.” Several years passed 3 she asked me again. After carefully thinking, I thought I got the 4 answer. So this time I told her, “Mommy, seeing is very important, so it must be our 5 ”. She looked at me and told me, “You are learning fast, but the answer is not correct 6 .” Wrong again!Mother asked me a few more times and 7 her answer was, “No. But you are getting clev erer every year.” Then last year, my grandpa 8 Everybody was sad and crying. My Mom looked at me wh en it was our 9 to say our last goodbye to grandpa. She asked me,“Do you know the most imp ortant body part yet, my dear?”I was 10 when she asked me this now. I always thought this wa s a 11 between her and me. She saw the confusion(迷 惑) on my face and told me, “This 12 is very important. For 13 answer you gave me in t he past, I have told you that it was wrong and I have given you an example why.”She 14 at me as only a mother could. I saw her eyes filled with tears. She said,“My dear, the most important part i s your 15 .” I asked, “Is it because it can 16 my head?” She replied, “No, it is because it 17 hol d the head of a friend or a loved one 18 they cry. Everybody needs a shoulder to cry 19 s ometimes in life. I only 20 that you have enough love and friends so that you will always have a shoulder to cry on when you need it.” 1. A. sound 2. A. tell 3. A. after 4. A. good 5. A. hands 6. A. too 7. A. never 8. A. died 9. A. duty 10. A. happy 11. A. sense 12. A. trouble 13. A. all 14. A. came down 15. A. shoulder 16. A. set up 17. A. must 18. A. how 19. A. on 20. A. believe B. taste B. answer B. when B. right B. shoulders B. either B. just B. cried B. turn B. excited B. game B. matter B. both B. calmed down B. back B. lift up B. may B. what B. under B. hope
第 1 页 共 13 页
Dogs wag(摇 摆) their tails in different directions depending on whether they are excited and wanting to move for ward or threatened and thinking of moving back, a study has found. Researchers in Italy examined the tail wagging behavior of 30 dogs, catching their responses to a range of stimuli(刺激 物) with video cameras. To conduct the study they chose 15 male dogs and 15 female ones aged bet ween one and six years. The dogs were all family pets whose owners had allowed them to take part i n the experiment at Bari University. The dogs were placed in a large wooden box with an opening at the front to allow for them to view various stimuli. They were tested one at a time. The researchers led by Professor Giorgio Vallortigara of the University of Trieste found that w hen the dogs were shown their owners－a positive experience－their tails wagged energetically to th e right side.When they were shown an unfamiliar human they wagged to the right, but with somewha t less enthusiasm. The appearance of a cat again caused a righthand side wag, although with less intensity again. The appearance of a large unfamiliar dog, similar t o a German shepherd, changed the direction of tail wagging to the left. Researchers supposed the do g was thinking of moving back. When the dogs were not shown any stimuli they tended to wag their tails to the left, suggesting they preferred company. While the changes in the tail wagging were not e asily noticed without the aid of video, it was thought that the findings could help people judge the m ood (心 情) of dogs. Computer and video systems, for example, could be used by professional dog trainers to determine the mood of dogs that they were required to approach.
21. The video cameras were used to catch the dogs’ responses because A.it was easier to catch the dogs’ response changes in the tail wagging B.the dogs were put in the wooden boxes and tested one at a time C.they enabled the dogs’ owners to know about their dogs’ habit
D.the dogs wagged their tails in different directions when they were in different moods 22. The underlined word “intensity” in the passage means A.surprise B.worry C.excitement D.interest 23. When there are no stimuli, a dog will A.wag to the left
第 2 页 共 13 页
B.wag to the right C.not wag at all D.wag to the left and then to the right 24. The underlined word “they” refers to A.the dogs B.the trainers C.the systems D.the researchers 25. The purpose of doing the experiment is A.to train dogs for their owners B.to help people judge the mood of dogs C.to help dogs find company D.to help people choose their pet dogs
Have you ever wondered why you sometimes take an almost immediate liking for a person you have just met? We often get the first impression of a person based on the color of a person’s skin or the manner in which he or she dressed. Meaning is conveyed not only by words or verbal languages but also by nonverbal communication systems, such as body behaviors. Nonverbal communication is important because we use the actions of others to learn about thei r affective emotional states. Our emotions are reflected in our posture, face, and eyes－such as fear, j oy, anger, or sadness－so we can express them without ever saying a word. For this reason, most of us rely heavily on what we learn through our eyes. Nonverbal communication is significant in human interaction because it is usually responsible for the first impressions. More importantly, those first messages usually influence the perception (感 知) of everything else that follows. Even how we select friends and sexual partners is grounded in fir st impressions with nonverbal communication. Nonverbal communication is important because it is culturerelated. It is based on different beliefs,religions, values and customs in different cultures. When, whe re, how, and to whom people display his or her specific nonverbal behaviors is greatly affected by cu lture and context. Culture determines what the appropriate nonverbal behavior is. For example, feeli ngs of friendship exist everywhere but their expression varies. It may be appropriate in some countri es for men to embrace each other and for women to hold hands; in other countries these displays of a ffection may be shocking. Each culture has its own specific interpretation on nonverbal communicati on. What is acceptable in one culture may be completely unacceptable in another. One culture may d etermine that snapping fingers to call a waiter is acceptable; another may consider this gesture rude. . .
26. What is the best title of the passage? 第 3 页 共 13 页
A.Nonverbal Communication and First Impression. B.Nonverbal Communication Is Culture-related. C.Nonverbal and Verbal Communication. D.The Importance of Nonverbal Communication. 27. We can know a person’s feeling through our eyes because A.we can see a person’s feeling on his face B.a person’s emotions can be reflected through eyes C.a person’s feeling can be reflected through his body language D.we can see a person’s feeling through his posture 28. Which of the following statements is not TRUE? A.Meaning can be conveyed both by words and body language. B.We can use nonverbal communication to learn about a person’s emotional states. C.We often get the first impression by what a person says. D.The first impression can affect what we will do in the following. 29. How many reasons are mentioned in the text to show nonverbal communication is important? A.2. B.3. C.4. D.5. 30. What can we conclude from the last paragraph? A.We can use different ways to express friendship. B.Each culture has its own specific interpretation on nonverbal communication. C.Snapping fingers to call a waiter is acceptable. D.Learning a country’s culture is very important.
Since the first Earth Day in 1970, Americans have gotten a lot “greener” toward the environme nt.“We didn’t know at that time there even was an environment, let alone that there was a problem w ith it,”says Bruce Anderson, president of Earth Day USA. But what began as nothing important in public affairs has grown into a social movement. Busin ess people, political leaders, university professors, and especially millions of grass.
第 4 页 共 13 页
roots Americans are taking part in the movement. “The understanding has increased many, many tim es,” says Gaylord Nelson, the former governor from Wisconsin, who thought up the first. According to US government reports,emissions (排 放) from cars and trucks have dropped from 10.3 million tons a year to 5.5 tons. The number of citie s producing CO2 beyond the standard has been reduced from 40 to 9. Although serious problems still remain and need to be dealt with, the world is a safer and healthier place. A kind of “Green thinking ” has become part of practices. Great improvement has been achieved. In 1988 there were only 600 recycling programs, today in 1995 there are about 6,600. Advanced lights, motors, and building designs have helped save a lot of energy and therefore prevented pollution. Twentyfive years ago, there were hardly any education programs for environment. Today, it’s hard to find a public school, university, or law school that does not have such a kind of program. “Until we do that, nothing else will change!” say Bruce Anderson.
31. According to Anderson, before 1970, Americans had little idea about A.the social movement B.recycling techniques C.environmental problems D.the importance of Earth Day 32. Where does the support for environmental protection mainly come from? A.The grass-roots level. B.The business circle. C.Government officials. D.University professors. 33. What have Americans achieved in environmental protection? A.They have cut car emissions to the lowest. B.They have settled their environmental problems. C.They have lowered their CO2 levels in forty cities. D.They have reduced pollution through effective measures.
34. What is especially important for environmental protection according to the last paragraph? A.Education. B.Planning. 第 5 页 共 13 页
C.Green living. D.COs reduction. 35. It can be inferred that
A.high-tech plays an import part towards green environment B.environment has always been laid stress on so great improvement has been achieved C.the education programs for environment enabled people to know about environment twentyfive years ago D.there were no cycling programs 25 years ago
Many animals recognize their food because they see it. So do humans. When you see an apple or a piece of chocolate, you know that these are things you can eat. You can also use other senses wh en you choose your food.You may like it because it smells good or because it tastes good.You may d islike some types of food because they do not look, smell or taste very nice. Different animals use dif ferent senses to find and choose their food.A few animals depend on only one of their senses, while most animals use more than one sense. Although there are many different types of food, some animals spend their lives eating only on e type.The giant panda eats only one particular type of bamboo. Other animals eat only one type of f ood even when given the choice. A kind of white butterfly will stay on the leaves of a cabbage, even though there are plenty of other vegetables in the garden. However, most animals have a more varied diet. The bear eats fruits and fish.The fox eats small animals, birds and fruits. The diet of these anim als will be different depending on the season. Humans have a very varied diet. We often eat food because we like it and not because it is goo d for us. In countries such as France and Britain, people eat foods with too much sugar. This makes t hem overweight,which is bad for their health. Eating too much red meat and animal products, such a s butter, can also be bad for the health. Choosing the right food, therefore, has become an area of stu dy in modern life.
36. We can infer from the text that humans and animals A.depend on one sense in choosing food B.are not satisfied with their food C.choose food in similar ways D.eat entirely different food 37. Which of the following eats only one type of food? A.The white butterfly. B.The small bird. C.The bear.
第 6 页 共 13 页
D.The fox. 38. Certain animals Change their choice of food when A.the season changes B.the food color changes C.they move to different places D.they are attracted by different smells 39. We can learn from the last paragraph that A.food is chosen for a good reason B.French and British food is good C.some people have few choices of food D.some people care little about healthy diet 评卷人 得分 三、语法填空 40. 阅读下面短文,按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求,在空格处填入一个适当的词或 使用括号中的词的正确形式填空。 I have performed many acts of kindness in the past, but 1. (recent) I became the receiver! One day, while 2. (walk) down the street with my dogs, I noticed a young girl 3. a small handful of flowers walking towards me. She approached me and asked about my Chihuahuas (吉娃娃犬). We 4. (chat) for a while. Then, she asked 5. she could give me a flower. It was 6. small gesture, but it made my day so much 7. (bright). Small gestures can often have big results! She seemed so at peace with herself. Her calm energy flowed to me 8. I felt good all day. 9. is so great to know that 10. (kind) can happen at any age. 评卷人 得分 四、改错 41. 短文中共有 10 处错误,错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加:在缺词处加一个漏词符号(∧),并在此符号下面写出该加的词。 删除:把多余的词用斜线()划掉。 修改:在错的词下画一横线,并在该词的下面写出修改后的词。 注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词; 2.只允许修改 10 处,多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。 第 7 页 共 13 页
Dear John, I’m glad to recommend (推 荐) you to my friend Li Ming. Li Ming was born in July 15,1974 in Beijing. He graduated from Xisi Primary School in 1986. When he was in the middle school, he did good in maths, physics and chemistry and fond of art . After graduating from No. 4 High School, he entered Beijing University study physics. After four y ear of hard work there, he went to the United States for further study. Because of his excellent work, he get a doctor’s degree in physics in this year. He is now in good health but would like to make cont ributions to our country. I will be most gratefully if you consider my recommendation. Looking forward to receive your early reply.Yours truly,Wang Lin
42. 根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选 项。 (1) Home can be a great place for children to study. It is important to provide a workspace of their own where they can read books or just write a letter to their friends. Location (2) Kitchen and dining room are not so well suited for regular study, since books and pe ns get in the way of the day-today uses of those areas. Set up a place where a child can settle in and leave papers and pens at hand without having to clear everything away each night. For a child that likes being alone, set aside a cor ner of his bedroom, but keep it separated from things like games, music and other hobbies not relate d to studying. Keeping Things in Order Parents should encourage their child to spread out, but to leave it neat and orderly when he isn’ t using his workspace. Ownership is very important for selfrespect. (3) The workplace should be personal, but not another part of the playroom. (4) Encourage the whole family to help build a supportive environment that children need for succ ess in school. Give them a good example of how to deal with problems, how to manage time and get things done in the right way. (5) Study will be more enjoyable and effective when supported b y the whole family. A. Developing a positive attitude B. Bring Organization into Your Home C. Here are several ways to choose a location D. Building a Good Home Learning Environment E. Hold a can-do attitude and your child will follow your example. F. Setting up a space in a common area of your home can be a good idea for children. G. A child who learns to organize his space will carry organization into every corner of his life.
第 8 页 共 13 页
1. 【答案】A【解析】本题考查名词辨析。根据下文作者的回答为“耳朵”,而耳朵的功能是 “听声音”可知,此空应该填“声音”。sound 通常指“声音”;voice 通常指“嗓音,发音能力”。故选 A。 2. 【答案】C【解析】本题考查动词辨析。对于妈妈的问题,作者没有给出正确的答案,所以 妈妈还要再次“提问”。故选 C。 3. 【答案】D【解析】本题考查连词辨析。before 意为“……之后才……”。句意为:多年过去 了之后她才再次问我这个问题。故选 D。 4. 【答案】B【解析】本题考查形容词辨析。上次的回答是错误的,而这次经过仔细思考,作 者以为自己想出了一个“正确的”答案。故选 B。 5. 【答案】C【解析】本题考查名词辨析。根据上文中的 seeing is very important 可知,应选 眼睛。故选 C。 6. 【答案】B【解析】本题考查副词辨析。在否定句末尾的“也”应用 either;too 用在肯定句 末尾;而 also 位于句中。 7. 【答案】C【解析】本题考查副词辨析。这几次的提问我的回答都不正确，所以妈妈的答 复总是“不对”。故选 C。 8. 【答案】A【解析】本题考查动词辨析。根据下文中众人的悲伤和哭泣,以及 say our last goodbye to grandpa,可以断定是 grandpa 去世了,故用 died。 9. 【答案】B【解析】本题考查名词辨析。该句是固定结构 It is one’s turn to do sth.意为“轮 到某人做某事”。故选 B。 10. 【答案】D【解析】本题考查形容词辨析。在爷爷去世的时候,母亲还问我这个问题,我当 然感到吃惊。故选 D。 11. 【答案】B【解析】本题考查名词辨析。上文说感到很惊讶,因为“我”一直以为这只是我 和妈妈之间的一个“游戏”。故选 B。 12. 【答案】D【解析】本题考查名词辨析。母亲反复问我的是一个“问题”,它有明确的答案, 而 problem 则可能没有明确的答案。故选 D。 13. 【答案】C【解析】本题考查代词辨析。句意:你过去给我的每一个答案……。each“每一 个”。选 C。 14. 【答案】C【解析】本题考查动词短语。我还是一个孩子，母亲看我的时候要低头。选 C。 15. 【答案】A【解析】本题考查名词辨析。根据文章最后一句的暗示“有可以靠在上面哭泣 的肩膀”,所以选 A。
第 9 页 共 13 页
16. 【答案】C【解析】本题考查动词短语。set up“设立,竖立”;lift up“提起来,上 升”;hold up“支撑”;put up“举起,修建”。根据文意,C 项正确。 17. 【答案】D【解析】本题考查情态动词。can 表示能力。句意为:因为当你朋友和你所爱 的人哭泣的时候,它能支撑住他们的头。所以选 D。 18. 【答案】D【解析】本题考查状语从句引导词。when 引导时间状语从句,意为“当……的 时候”。选 D。 19. 【答案】A【解析】本题考查介词辨析。在肩膀上哭,用介词 on，短文最后一句也有这个 短语。选 A。 20. 【答案】B【解析】本题考查动词辨析。此处是母亲对“我”的希望,因此要用 hope。want 后不接从句;而 wish 后面要用虚拟语气。故选 B。
21. 【答案】A 【解析】细节理解题。根据最后一段 “While the changes in the tail wagging were not easily noticed without the aid of video,it was though t that the findings could help people judge the mood of dogs.”可以推断出如果没有摄像机的帮助, 人们很难发现狗尾巴摇动的变化,所以摄像机使得观察更加容易。选 A。 22. 【答案】C 【解析】词义猜测题。第三段是几个排比的句子,画线词和前面的“energetically”与 “enthusiasm”都是同义词。选 C。 23. 【答案】A 【解析】细节理解题。根据短文第三段 “When the dogs were not shown any stimuli they tended to wag their tails to the left...”可知没有刺 激的时候,狗的尾巴是摇向左边的。选 A。 24. 【答案】B 【解析】推理理解题。根据短文第三段 “Computer and video systems, for example, could be used by professional dog trainers to determine the mood of dogs that they were required to approach.”中 approach 是“接近”的意思,由于是驯狗师 被要求接近狗而不能是狗被要求接近驯狗师,所以 they 指代的是 dog trainers。选 B。 25. 【答案】B 【解析】推理判断题。根据最后一段 “While the changes in the tail wagging were not easily noticed without the aid of video, it was thoug ht that the findings could help people judge the mood of dogs.”可以推断出这个研究可以帮助人们 判断狗的情绪。选 B。
26. 【答案】D 【解析】主旨大意题。通读短文可知本文主要是在介绍非语言交流的重要性。选 D。 第 10 页 共 13 页
27. 【答案】C 【解析】细节理解题。根据文中第二段 Our emotions are reflected in our posture, face, and eyes—such as fear, joy, anger, or sadness— so we can express them without ever saying a word 可知，人们能够从包括眼神在内的非语言交 流中了解对方的感受。选 C。 28. 【答案】C 【解析】细节理解题。根据文中第三段第一句 Nonverbal communication is significant in human interaction because it is usually responsible for th e first impressions 可知，人们第一印象的产生与非语言交流有关，C 项错误。 29. 【答案】B 【解析】细节理解题。文中二、三、四段各说明了非语言交流重要的一个原因，一共三点。 选 B。 30. 【答案】B 【解析】段落大意题。短文最后一段说明了不同文化之间非语言交流的意义也不同。选 B。
31. 【答案】C 【解析】细节理解题。根据短文第一段第二句 “We didn’t know at that time there was an environment, let alone that there was a problem with it,” s ays Bruce Anderson, president of Earth Day USA.可知在 1970 年世界地球日开始的时候,人们甚 至都不知道有“环境”这个词,更不要说知道存在着环境问题。故 C 正确。 32. 【答案】A 【解析】细节理解题。根据短文第二段第二 句 Business people, political leaders, university professors, and especially millions of grassroots Am ericans are taking part in the movement.中的 especially millions of grass-roots Americans 尤其是千 百的普通民众。可知环境保护的主要支持者来自普通民众。故 A 正确。 33. 【答案】D 【解析】推理判断题。根据短文第二段四、五句 According to US government reports, emissions(排 放)from cars and trucks have dropped from 10.3 million tons a year to 5.5 tons. The number of cities producing CO2 beyond the standard has been reduced from 40 to 9.可知通过人们的共同努力,现在
34. 【答案】A 【解析】推理判断题。根据短文最后一段前两句 Twentyfive years ago, there were hardly any education programs for environment. Today, it’s hard to find a public school, university, or law school that does not have such a kind of program.可知现在几乎每 个学校都有环境保护方面的教育内容。说明教育在环境保护方面有很重要的作用。故 A 正确。 35. 【答案】A 【解析】推理判断题。由短文倒数第二段第三句 Advanced lights,motors,and building designs have helped save a lot of energy and therefore prevente 第 11 页 共 13 页
d pollution.可知 A 项正确。
36. 【答案】C 【解析】推理判断题。根据文章第一段可知,人用气味和味道来选择食物,动物用一种或多种 感觉选择食物,在这点上人类和动物是类似的。 37. 【答案】A 【解析】细节理解题。根据文章第二段 “A kind of white butterfly will stay on the leaves of a cabbage,even though there are plenty of other vegetables in the garden.” 可以推断出这种白蝴蝶只吃卷心菜。 38. 【答案】A 【解析】推理判断题。根据文章第二段 “The diet of these animals will be different depending on the season.”可以推断出这些动物的食物 随着季节变化而变化。 39. 【答案】D 【解析】推理判断题。根据文章最后一段 “We often eat food because we like it and not because it is good for us.”可知我们经常选择食物是 因为喜欢而不是对身体有益,由此可以推断出有些人不关心饮食是否健康。
40. 【答案】1.recently 2.walking 3.with/holding 6.a 7.brighter 8.so 9.It 10.kindness 【解析】
41. 【答案】1.第二句中第一个 in→on 【解析】介词错误。表日期时，具体到某一天应该用 介词 on。2.第四句中 good→well 【解析】词性错误。修饰动词应用副词修饰，good 改为 well。3.第四句中 fond 前加 was 【解析】谓语缺失。fond 是形容词，作表语；主语是 he，句 中缺少谓语动词。在 fond 前加 was。4.第五句 study 前加 to 【解析】介词缺失。study 在句中 不作谓语，在前面加介词 to 构成动词不定式，表目的。5.第六句 year→years 【解析】名词 单复数错误。year 是可数名词，应用复数形式。6.第七句 get→got 【解析】动词时态错误。 取得学位是发生在过去的事情，用过去式。7.第七句第二个 in 去掉 【解析】介词冗 余。this year 在句中作状语，前面不用冠词。8.第八句 but→and 【解析】连词错误。两个分 句之间没有转折关系，不用 but，改为 and。9.第九句 gratefully→grateful 【解析】词性错 误。be 动词后可用形容词作表语，不可用副词。10.第十句 receive→receiving 【解析】非谓 语动词错误。look forward to 后接名词或动名词，receive 改为 receiving。 【解析】
第 12 页 共 13 页
42. 【答案】1.D 2.F 3.G 4.A 5.E（来源：点知教育网站）
第 13 页 共 13 页
copyright ©right 2010-2020。