7. 8. 9.
高三英语单项选择题精选 第一课时 I won?t think of him
because of his shortcomings. He is a good boy after all. A. much B. little C. any less D. any more —Which share is meant for me? —You can take half. They are exactly the same. A. this B. any C. each D. either This book is written in easy English beginners can understand. A. such; that B. so; that C. such; as D. too; that What a pity! I missed meeting my boss at the airport because my car was in the traffic jam. A. broken up B. kept back C. held up D. kept up The girl seldom, if , turned to her brother for protection. A. never B. ever C. always D. then —What a hot day! Have you had a drink? —Yes, but I?d like to have after class. A. it B. another C. that D. one If you keep practicing your son in football, he to be a famous player. A. wants B. hopes C. wishes D. promises This crop does not do well in soils the one for which it has been specially developed. A. outside B. other than C. beyond D. rather than —Excuse me, may I ask you some questions? —Sorry, I?m too busy and haven?t got even a minute to . A. spend B. spare C. share D. stop If you want to see a doctor, you fix a date with him ahead of time. That is a common in the USA. A. sense B. rule C. practice D. reality —＄500, but that is my last offer. —OK, it is a . A. cost B. price C. reward D. deal This book is said to be a special one, which many events not found in other history books. A. writes B. covers C. prints D. reads I have been studying computer for several years and I still . A. have B. do C. have been D. am —Remember the first time we met, Jim? —Of course I do. You in the library. A. were reading B. had read C. have read D. read As senior 3 students, it is the most important to a good state of mind in face of failure. A. keep up B. keep on C. keep out D. keep off —Did you visit the famous museum? —No. We it, but we spent too much time shopping. A. could have visited B. must have visited C. can?t have visited D. shouldn?t have visited
17. —I rang you at about ten, but there was no reply. —Oh, that was probably I was seeing the doctor. A. when B. why C. what D. that 18. —Could I use yours? —I?m sorry, it isn?t here. I?d get it for you I could remember who borrowed it. A. except that B. now that C. if only D. even though 19. Steven has a lot of work to in the office since he has been away for quite a few days. A. take up B. make up C. work out D. carry out 20. A fifteen- year-old girl came to the bus stop only the bus had gone. A. running, to find B. to run, to find C. and run, found D. running, finding 21. The taxi had to because the traffic light had turned red. A. set up B. shut up C. catch up D. pull up 22. Is this research center we visited the modern equipment last year? A. where B. that C. the one that D. which 23. She is wondering to deal with next. A. what B. which C. how D. why 24. —Have you seen pen? I left it here this morning. —Is it black one? I think I saw it somewhere. A. a, the B. the, the C. the, a D. a, a 25. I kept this picture I can see it every day as it reminds me of my university days. A. in which B. where C. when D. whether 26. The boss 30 dollars from my salary without any good reason. A. brought down B. kept back C. cut off D. held up 27. —Which one can I take? —You can take of them; I?ll keep none. A. both B. any C. neither D. all 28. —Did you give him the book? —Yes. I gave it to him I saw him. A. once B. hurriedly C. while D. directly 29. We have reached the point a change is needed. A. which B. when C. that D. where 30. —May I go and play with Tom this afternoon, Mum? —No. You can?t go out your homework is being done. A. before B. as C. until D. after 第二课时 1. He learned to speak the language so quickly and well that he have been taken for a native speaker. A. must B. could C. should D. need 2. The theory he?s stuck us that earthquakes can be forecast. A. to prove B. to proves C. to proves to D. which to prove 3. As soon as the couple realized that they didn?t love each other any more, they . A. fell off B. cut in C. broke up D. stood by 4. Engines are to machines hearts are to animals. A . that B. what C. where D. which
8. 9. 10.
12. 13. 14. 15.
17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22.
When I walked in, Professor Li was sitting at his desk , the newspaper before him. A. spreads B.to be spread C. spread D .was spreading —I hear the workers in the factory get paid by week. —Correct, and most of them get about 300 yuan week. A. /; a B. the; / C. a ; the D. the ; a —Well, lost again! —It is not very important. We forget about it . OK ? A .can?t B. might as soon C. might as well D.ought to have had to This movie is boring; it is, in fact , rather exciting and interesting. A . anything but B. nothing but C. no more D. all but You?ll have to wait one more week, the manager will be back from his trip. A . while B. until C. when D. before —I can?t find Mr .Smith .Where did you last see him this morning? —It was in the hotel he stayed. A. that B. where C. which D. since I just don?t understand that prevents so many Americans from being as happy as one might expect. A.why it does B. what it does C. what it is D. why it is We didn?t plan our art exhibition like that but it very well. A. worked out B. tried out C. went on D. carried on I do feel Chinese language is most difficult language. A. a; the B. the ; / C. / ; a D. the ; a See what you?ve done ! Don?t you have a of right or wrong? A. feeling B. thought C. sense D. knowledge In 2003 the Chinese people were always in high spirits, for pieces of exciting news came to China . A . step by step B . one by one C . little by little D . one after another people study Latin today than 50 years ago , and still people study Greek. A . A fewer; a fewer B. Fewer; a fewer C. Fewer; fewer D. A fewer; fewer His words puzzled me so much that I had a hard time trying to what he really meant. A. make out B. make off C. make up D. make for Don?t mention that at the beginning of the story, or it may the shocking end. A. give away B. give out C. give up D. give off The plan simply because people were unwilling to co-operate. A. broke down B. pulled down C. turned down D. put down. Why do we have to Sue?s selfish behavior? We have to teach her to care for others. A. get over with B. hang out with C. make up with D. put up with It looks as if they are going to us a lot of money for the concert hall. A. demand B. cost C. charge D. ask —Where does Mr. Green come from? —I?m not sure, but his accent Australia. A. suggests B. sounds C. advises D. shows I?ve visited lots of places and stayed in varieties of hotels, but none of them this one.
26. 27. 28. 29.
1. 2. 3.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
A. suits B. beats C. compares D. matches To everyone?s surprise, the fashionable young lady to be a thief. A. found out B. made out C. worked out D. turned out —What do you think of the contest? —I was told that the English Speech Contest successfully last night. A. went along B. went down C. went off D. went on They the train until it disappeared in the distance. A. saw B. watched C. noticed D. observed We thought of selling this old furniture, but we?ve decided to it. It might be valuable. A. hold on to it B. keep up with C. turn to D. look after Can you make a sentence to the meaning of the phrase? A. show off B. turn out C. bring out D. take in —Mummy, can I put the peaches in the cupboard? —No, dear. They don?t well. Put them in the fridge instead. A. keep B. fit C. get D. last When I opened the door, a parcel on the floor my eye. A. met B. caught C. drew D. attracted 第三课时 News reports say peace talks between the two countries have with no agreement reached. A. broke down B. broke out C. broke in D. broke up The falling of the new building its soft base. A. resulted in B. suffered from C. led to D. lay in The engine of the ship was out of order and the bad weather the helplessness of the crew at sea. A. added to B. resulted from C. turned out D. made up —Why haven?t you bought any butter? —I to but I forgot about it. A. liked B. wished C. meant D. expected —Do you think the Stars will beat the Bulls? —Yes. They have better players, so I them to win. A. hope B. prefer C. expect D. want him and then try to copy what he does. A. Mind B. Glance at C. Stare at D. Watch All the leading newspapers the trade talks between China and the United States. A. reported B. printed C. announced D. published The thing that is not whether you fail or not, but whether you try or not. A. matters B. cares C. considers D. minds It is wise to have some money for one?s old age. A. put away B. kept up C. given away D. laid up I love to go to the seaside in summer. It good to lie in the sun or swim in the cool sea. A. does B. feels C. gets D. makes What you said just now me of that American professor. A. mentioned B. informed? C. reminded D. memorized
12. Our English teacher our buying a good English-Chinese dictionary. A. asked B. ordered? C. suggested D. required 13. Every classroom in this modern school is with a new TV set. A. equipped B. installed? C. fixed D. placed 14. Happily for John?s mother, he is working harder to his lost time. A. make up for B. keep up with? C. catch up with D. make use of 15. I really don?t want to go to the party, but I don?t see how I can it. A. get back from B. get out of C. get away D. get off 16. I don?t know the restaurant, but it?s to be quite a good one. A. said B. told C. spoken D. talked 17. —What did you think of her speech? —She for one hour but didn?t much. A. spoke; speak B. spoke; say C. said; speak D. said; say 18. It seems difficult to “hurt” from “injure” in meaning. A. judge B. tell C. divide D. separate 19. Some of the students have already learned enough English to a conversation with an English speaker. A. go on B. carry on C. keep on D. hold on 20. Important people don?t often have much free time as their work all their time. A. takes away B. takes up C. takes over D. takes in 21. —Why did you eat your words, Billy? —Sorry, dear. But I really forgot where I was to meet you. A. demanded B. imagined C. supposed D. guessed 22. Nothing after the terrible fire which had been caused by someone smoking in bed. A. remained B. continued C. left D. kept 23. It was dark. We decided to for the night at a farmhouse. A. put away B. put down C. put up D. put on 24. With the weather worsening, they have the voyage from London to Australia. A. called off B. called in C. called out D. called for 25. —Mum, it?s nice weather. I want to skate this afternoon. —Don?t you think the ice on the lake is too thin to your weight? A. stand B. bear C. catch D. take 26. —What?s the matter with you? —After such a long walk, my legs and I couldn?t go any further. A. gave out B. gave off C. gave in D. gave up 27. He is unfit for the job, which patience and creativeness. A. calls in B. calls off C. calls for D. calls up 28. The happy look on his face that he had passed the exam successfully. A. explained B. suggested C. expressed D. described 29. John has put on so much weight recently that his mother has to all his trousers to his measure. A. let out B. give away C. bring in D. make up 30. Afraid of being scolded by the teacher, Tom a story to explain why he was late. A. wrote B. provided C. told D. invented
5. 6. 7.
13. 14. 15. 16.
第四课时 —Who is the man talking to the teacher ? —A model worker our school . A. visits B. is visiting C. visited D. visiting —Do you still remember when we went to Nanjing? —I can?t remember now but sometime last summer? A. might it be B. could it be C. could it have been D. should it have been You should keep those old jam bottles —you never know you might need them. A. when B. how. C. what D.where Dolly, sheep, the world?s first cloned animal, was given shot to end her life on Feb.14 because she was suffering from a lung disease common in much older sheep. A./,a B. the, a C. a, the D. a, a Loulan city is not at all a traveler who has never seen the desert before can expect. A. what B. that C .which D. where It?s too late to set out for watching the sunrise now, , it?s starting to rain. A. besides B. meanwhile C. however D. anyhow the end of last term, everybody here in the school, I think ,has taken at least eight math tests. A. By B. Since C. At D. From Recently, CCTV station has taken great pains to make a program which review the important _____of 2003. A. affairs B. events C. matters D. things —Do you have anything in mind you?d like for supper? —Well, will do for me. A. which, everything B. that, anything C. what, whatever D. that, either Determination is a kind of basic quality and this is it takes to do jobs well. A. what B. that. C. which D. why — Your daughter is too thin. —She would gain weight she is very particular about food. A. as long as B. but C. unless D. even if I can?t tell you the exact time when I will get there, maybe at eight or at nine or still later. _____, I?ll be there as early as I can. A. Anyhow B. Thus C. Therefore D. However How much do you think saved? A. he has B. has he C. doe she have D. had he There are a lot of computers being shown in the center. A. computer B. computers? C. computers D. computer?s The city plans to build a park there used to be a lake. A. where B. that C. in which D. which —What makes you stay indoors last week? — . A Because I caught a bad cold. B. Because of a bad cold. C. Bad cold as I had D. A bad cold
17. When Brown was born, engaged or married, all Browns were present. A. /; the B. the; / C. a/ the D. certain; / 18. —Tome has passed the final English Exam. — and . A. So has he, so have you B. So has he , so you have C. So he has, so you have D. So he has, so have you 19. —Do you think that she will finish the job on time? —Sure. So long as she to do it in her own way. A. is leaving B. leaves C. is left D has left 20. Our bodies are strengthened by taking exercises, , our minds are developed by learning. A. likely B. Similarly C. Probably D. Generally 21. —What place is it? —Haven?t you seen that we back where we . A. were, had been B. are, were C. were, have been D. are, had been 22. —Pudong Airport, please. I?ll be there by ten. — ,but I?ll do my best. A. No problem B. All right. C. I can?t promise. D. It?s impossible. 23. —Have you seen Audi car? I parked it here this morning. —Is it white one? A young woman drove it away just now. A the, the B. an, a C. an, the D. the, a 24. —The light is on. Could you have forgotten to turn it off ? —Yes, I . A. could B. should have C. must D. might have 25. The pizzas are delicious. He?d like third one because second is rather too small. A. a. a B. the, the C. a, the D. the, a 26. Could you show me the portable computer you want . A. to have it repaired B to repair it C to have repaired D it repaired 27. child is pleased, for of them has his own share. A. Each, each. B. Every, every C Every, each D Each, everyone 28. Hands high, the dancers circled now to the right, now to the left. A. holding B. were held C. held D. had held 29. my teachers? help, I wouldn?t have made such great progress. A. Thanks to B. Owing to C. But for D. As to 30. all over the hills and around the lake are wild flowers of different colors. A. To grow B. Growing C. Grown D. Grow 第五课时 1. I was going to offer you some money but there is left on me. A. none B. no one C. nothing D. not 2. —Did the door keeper let you in? —No. I tried to tell him that I was your uncle, he just wouldn?t listen to me. A. No matter B. even if C. However D. Whether 3. —You couldn?t have chosen any gift better for me.
12. 13. 14. 15. 16.
— . A. Oh, it?s really kind of you. B. That?s all right. I?ll give you a better one next time. C. I?m glad you like it so much. D. You have a gift for music, don?t you? —You have accepted the job offerd by the company, haven?t you? —No. And .I?m now working in a better one. A. I?m glad I didn?t. B. I was glad I didn?t B. I?m glad I have. D. I was glad I have. — Did a letter come for me? —Yes, came for you this morning. A. that B. it C. one D. this —You seem to have had that car for years. —Yes, I should sell it it still runs. A. before B. after C. until D. while The man had expected to see all his relatives when he was ill, but came to see him while many of his neighbors offered their help. A. none B. no one C. some one D. not anyone Mr. White works with a chemical company but he in his sister ?s shop since he is on leave. A. has worked B. works C. is working D. worked , the film began. A. Having been seated B. All of us having taken the seats. C. Having seated. D. After we have sat down. I would have come to see you earlier, but I too busy. A. had been B. were C. was D. would be —Could I use your bike, Jack? —Of course, you . A. can B. may C. could D. might I lost my way in complete darkness and, matters worse, it began to rain. A. made B. having made C. making D. to make The train arrive at 11:30, but it was an hour late. A. was about to B. was likely to C. was supposed to D. was certain to Don?t leave for tomorrow you can do today. A. if B. what C. that D. unless Five minutes earlier we could have caught the last train. A. or B. but C. and D. so —Do you have anything more , sir? —No.You can have a rest or do something else. A. typing B. to be typed C. typed D. to type The heavy rain for several days and all the roads were flooded. A. held on B. kept on C. fell down D. kept up It is such a good place everybody wants to visit it is well-known all over the world. A. which; that B. as; as C. as; that D. that; as
19. He works in a factory now, but he on a farm for 20 years. A. worked B. has worked C. had worked D. had been working 20. You pay too much attention to your reading skill, as it is so important. A. cannot B. should C. must D. needn?t 21. The idea for the new machine came to Mr. Baber to his intention recently. A. while devoting B. while devoted C. while he was devoted D. while devoting himself 22. We wrote a letter of thanks to had helped use. A. who B. those C. whom D. whoever 23. , the football game has been decided not to be put off. A. Heavily as did it rain B. As it rained heavily C. Heavily as it rained D. As heavily as it could 24. I you off yesterday, but I didn?t have time. A. hope to have seen B. hope to see C. hoped to have seen D. hoped to see. 25. We never listen to Beethoven without . A. being deeply impressed B. impressed deeply C. having deeply impressed D. to be deeply impressed 26. The teacher could not make himself attention to because the students were so noisy. A. pay B. paid C. to pay D. to be paid 27. —Why don?t you explain it to her? —I it to her if I thought she would understand. A. would explain B. would have explained C. explain D. will explain 28. The students expected there more reviewing classes before the final exams. A. is B. being C. have been D. to be 29. We will go out it rains shines. A. if; and B. both; and C. whether; or D. either; or 30. Having learned skillfully, she went on learning . A. to skate; swimming B. skating; swimming C. to skate; to swim D. skating; to swim 第六课时 1. No one can help Tom; he is such a lovely boy. A. to like B. to liking C. liking D. like 2. You made the same mistake for second time, dropping “n” in the word “government”. A. a; the B. a; a C. the; an D. a; an 3. If you listen to me, you have some candies, dear. A. shall B. may C. will D. must 4. He is one of the students, who, I?m sure, always do best. A. his B. my C. one?s D. their 5. The old man was lying on the ground, dead. A. as possible as B. as soon as C. as well as D. as good as 6. —How long do you think it is he arrived here? —No more than half a year. A. when B. that C. before D. since
—I would like everyone to hand in their homework tomorrow. —Are you going to it or is this just for practice? A. level B. grade C. judge D. divide 8. If you let me make a choice between Jane and Anne, I would say Jane is one to be my assistant. A. a good B. a better C. the better D. the best 9. — three more days enough for the work to be finished? —I don?t think it?s enough and only after go on with it. A. Is; does the rain stop we can B. Are; the rain stops can we C. Are; the rain stops we can D. Is; the rain stops can we 10. —How soon will your mother ?s birthday be? — . A. This Friday B. On July 4 C. A week away D.Tomorrow 11. Cook was a strict but good captain, who, unusually, took care of the sailors on his ship. A. the one B. one C. that D. this 12. —I?ve decided to spend the summer holidays traveling in Australia. —Oh, ! A. if only I could go with you B. what a good news it is C. how happily I was to hear that D. what exciting to hear the news 13. It was the way he said it what he said that made her displeased. A. very; that B. such; that C. more; than D. of; that 14. —Was the driving pleasant when you went to Mexico last summer? —No, it for four days when we arrived, so the roads were very muddy. A. was raining B. had been raining C. would be raining D. rained 15. big swimming pool in our school was completed in May of 1998, not in April, 1996. A. A; 不填；不填 B. The; the;不填 C. A; the; 不填 D. The; 不填; 不填 16. My hometown is no longer the place it used to be. A. what B. that C. when D. where 17. —He failed to reach the top of the mountain. —That?s right. Perhaps he might as well it on such a bad day. A. not climb B. never have climbed C. have climbed D. hadn?t climbed 18. ―Excuse me, what time can I see you tonight? ―Can we eight o?clock? A. see B. decide C. make it D. fix it 19. Man is born yet everywhere he is chains. A. freely, on B. easy, on C. free, in D. easily, on 20. Jane was firm she felt herself to be right. A. what B. where C. how D. that 21. When I said some students are lazy, I to you. A. don?t refer B. wasn?t referring C. hasn?t referred D. didn?t refer 22. You should think yourself instead of just obeying orders. A. of B. to C. by D. for 7.
23. —Do you really trust John? —Who do you think trust, if not ? A.I can, he B. can I, him C. I can, him D. can I, he 24. Who do you think will now that the governor has been dismissed? A. take over B. take up C. take in D. take down 25. I met him, he was working as a secretary in a big company. A. Since the first time B. The first time C. The first time when D. For the first time 26. Children nowadays tend to be so rebellious that parents often feel at a loss about what _____from them. A. expected B. to expect C. to be expecting D. expects 27. When you go outing with your sisters, you must see to that they are safe. A. everything B. it C. them D. yourself 28. —Why did you come to see the play you didn?t like? —I shouldn?t like , but my friend insisted. I like . A. coming; dancing B. to come; to dance C. having come; to dance D. to have come; dancing 29. My old teacher often go hunting when he lived in the mountain areas. A. would B. should C. could D. might 30. —Oh, must you? Stay a bit longer. It?s been such fun having you. — . I?ve got an early start tomorrow morning. A. No problem B. All right C. Thanks anyway D. Never mind 第七课时 1. In the market, vegetables are sold by ____ kilogram, I mean by ___ weight. A. the; / B. /; / C. the; the D. /; the 2. He left his native village twenty years ago and has ____ returned only twice. A. late B. never C. since D. hardly 3. After half a year?s training, they were made entirely used _____ underwater. A. to stay B. to staying C. staying D. stay 4. —How was your job interview? —Oh, couldn?t feel . I hardly found proper answers to most of the questions they asked. A. better B. easier C. worse D. happier 5. He was so tired _____ a day?s work that he left all the food _____ for him ____. A. of; prepared; touched B. with; preparing; untouched C. with; prepared; untouched D. by; prepares; untouching 6. The task required _____ did it _____ careful and brave enough. A. who; is B. whom; was C. whomever; were D. whoever; be 7. The time he has devoted in the past ten years the disabled is now considered of great value. A. to help; being B. to helping; to be C. help; to be D. helping; being 8. Mrs. White found her husband surrounded by letters and papers and ____ very worried. A. look B. looks C. looking D. to look 9. —Do you remember ________ to Dr. Green during your last visit?
11. 12. 13.
—Certainly I do. A. to be introduced B. having introduced C. being introduced D. to have been introduced — ______ you make so much noise? —Sorry, I?ll take care not to. A. Must B. Can C. May D. Would Why don?t you bring _____ to his attention that you are too busy to do it. A. this B. what C. that D. it These two areas are similar _____ they both have a high rainfall during this season. A. besides that B. in that C. except that D. so that —Do you think we get there on time? —Yes. ______ the truck doesn?t break down. A. Even if B. Unless C. Until D. So long as The next moment, she had time to realize what was happening, she was hit over the head. A. before B. when C. since D. as Among the high-risk group of heart disease people with a preference for fat-rich foods. A. there are B. are C. they are D. who are —The problem wasn?t difficult for him, was it? — . He should have been given a more difficult one. A. No, it was B. Yes, it was C. Yes, it wasn?t D. No, it wasn?t —It was careless of you _____ your clothes outside all night. —My God! _______. A. to leave; So did I B. leaving; So do I C. to have left; So I did D. having left; So do I Was it 8 o?clock ______ you heard someone ______ at the door? A. when; knocking B. when; knock C. that; knocking D. that; knock Only when ____________ possible to settle the problem. A. does the chief editor come will it be B. the chief editor comes will it be C. has the chief editor come it will be D. the chief editor comes it will be Americans eat ________ vegetables per person today as they did in 1910. A. more than twice B. as twice as many C. twice as many as D. more than twice as many ___________ lessons were not difficult. A. Our few first short English B. Our first few short English C. Our few first English short D. Few our first English short —The weather isn?t good enough for an outing, is it? —Not in the least. We can?t have _______ at this time of the year. A. a worse day B. a nicer day C. such a bad day D. so fine a day —You seemed to be deeply struck by his skill. —Not exactly so. It was his courage ______ his skill that really struck me most. A. rather than B. as well as C. but also D. not as —Do you play football after work?
28. 29. 30.
1. 2. 3.
—Yes, _______. Playing football is not my favorite sport. A. more or less B. once in a while C. time and again D. sooner or later People try to avoid public transportation delays by using their own cars, and this _______ creates more problems. A. after all B. once again C. in case D. in turn Those football players had no strict _______ until they joined our club. A. practice B. education C. training D. exercise —_____ football match between China and Korea was held yesterday, but I failed to get _____ ticket. —What _____ pity! A. The; /; a B. A; a; / C. The; the; a D. A; the; / With a lot of difficult problems ________, the newly-selected president will have a hard time. A. settled B. settling C. to settle D. being settled I wish to have a friend with ______ shares my hobbies and interests. A. whomever B. no matter who C. whoever D. anyone —Excuse me, _____________? —That?s $ 21.68 altogether, Madame. A. how much is the meal we?ve had B. take my order, please C. could I have the bill, please D. would you please take the money 第八课时 It is clear that little money he earns hardly support family as large as his. A. the; a B. a; the C. /; a D. /; the good, the food was soon sold out. A. Tasted B. being tasted C. Tasting D. Having tasted —Did you see Sandy in the manager ?s office? —Yes, she to him why she was late again. A. is explaining B. was explaining C. had explained D. explained —Can you tell me all about the earthquake? —Sorry, I know nothing about it I read in the newspaper. A. except B. except for C. except what D. except that There are three bedrooms in the house, is Mary?s. A. the smallest of which B. the smaller of which C. the smallest of them D. the smallest one —Were you busy last weekend? —Very. Rather than time playing cards as usual, I devoted every effort to an advertisement. A. waste; make B. wasting; making C. to waste; make D. a waste of; making —Do you know the girl in red? —She seems to me at last month?s party. But I?m not sure. A. introduce to B. be introducing to C. be introduced to D. have been introduced to The writer has written quite a few books now, his teachers and parents didn?t expect.
9. 10. 11.
12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
A. that B. as C. of which D. which You can fly to Japan this morning you don?t mind changing planes in Hong Kong. A. provided B. because C. unless D. so far as to the tower building, where you can see the whole city. A. Get B. To get C. Getting D. Got Fishing is his favorite hobby, and . A. he?d like to collect coins as well B. he feels like collecting coins, too C. to collect coins is also his hobby D. collecting coins also gives him great pleasure good weather, our ship will reach Tianjin Friday evening. A. Given B. To given C. Giving D. Having given You can?t imagine that a well-behaved gentleman be so rude to a lady. A. might B. need C. should D. would We should buy our daughter a computer in it can help to improve her English. A. which B. that C. what D. whom He reached London in 1996, , some time later, he became a famous actor A. where B. when C. which D. that He might have been killed the arrival of the police. A. except B. but for C. with D. for The mother didn?t know who for the broken glass. A. to blame B. will blame C. blamed D. blames I?m looking after Tom today. He?s been at my house 8:00 this morning. A. since B. by C. at D. till We liked the oil painting better we looked at it. A. as B. while C. the moment D. the more He full marks, but he was so careless as to make a spelling mistake. A. must have gained B. can have gained C. could have gained D. must gain If you keep quiet and read your book, child, you _____ have my promise_____ I will buy you a box of chocolates. A. are going to; that B. will; which C. shall; that D. are to; which What the doctor is uncertain about is my mother will recover from the serious disease soon. A. when B. how C. whether D. why —I hear Johnson was badly injured in the accident. — , let?s go and see him. A. If not B. If so C. If necessary D. If possible Not far from the club there was a garden, owner seated in it playing bridge with his children every afternoon. A. whose B. its C. which D. that —You went late the stadium yesterday evening, didn?t you? —Yes, my wife was a little late the supper. A. to; with B. for; with C. for; for D. at; for
26. —How can you that he is from the North? —Simply by his accent. A. get to know B. say C. realize D. tell 27. —Now that you like the portable personal computer so much, why not buy one? It is of great use to your work. —Well, I can?t afford computer at present. A. that expensive a B. a such cheap C. so cheap D. that an expensive 28. A decision was made those who once lied to the factory in order to get a job would not be allowed to say. A. whether B. when C. that D. once 29. The telephone three times in the last hour, and each time it for my father. A. had rung; was B. has rung; was C. rang; has been D. has been ringing; is 30. —What do you do, Mary? — . A. I do my homework B. I work as a teacher C. Doing my homework D. I want to be a teacher 高三英语选择题参考答案 第一课时 1-5 CDCCB 6-10 BDBBC 11-15 DBDAA 16-20 AACBA 21-25 DAADB 22-30 BDDDB 第二课时 1-5 BCCBC 6-10 DCACB 11-15 CADCD 16-20CAAAD 21-25 CADDC 26-30 BACAB 第三课时 1-5 ADACC 6-10 DAAAB 11-15 CCAAB 16-20 ABBBB 21-25 CACAB 26-30 ACBAD 第四课时 1-5 DCABA 6-10 ABBBA 11-15 BAAAA 16-20 DCDCB 21-25 BCBDC 26-30 CCCCB 第五课时 1-5 ACCAC 6-10 DACBC 11-15 ADCBC 16-20 BDCAA 21-25 CDCCA 26-30 BADCD 第六课时 1-5 CCADD 6-10 DBCDC 11-15 BACBB 16-20 BBCCB 21-25 BDCAB 26-30 BBDAC 第七课时 1-5 ACBCC 6-10 DBCCA 11-15 DBDAB 16-20 DCABD 21-25 BAABD 26-30 CCCCC 第八课时 1-5 ACBCA 6-10 BDDAA 11-15 DACBA 16-20 BAADC 21-25 CCBBA 26-30 DACBB 第九课时 （2004 各地高考英语试题单选题） （1）2004 北京高考英语试题
单项填空 21. I invited Joe and Linda to dinner, but of them came. A. neither B. either C. none D. both 22. —What?s that terrible noise? —The neighbours for a party. A. have prepared B are preparin C. prepare D. will prepare 23. My advisor encouraged a summer course to improve my writing skills. A. for me taking B. me taking C. for me to take D. me to take 24. The Foreign Minister said, “ our hope that the two sides will work towards peace.” A .This is B. There is C. That is D. It is 25. Now that she is out of a job, Lucy going back to school, but she hasn?t decided yet. A. had considered B. has been considering C. considered D. is going to consider 26. George Orwell, was Eric Arthur, wrote many political novels and essays. A. the real name B. what his real name C. his real name D. whose real name 27. The mayor of Beijing says that all construction work for the Beijing Olympics by 2006. A .has been completed B. has completed C. will have been completed D. will have completed 28. The teacher, with 6 girls and 8 boys of her class, visiting a museum when the earthquake struck. A. was B. were C. had been D. would be 29. in the queue for half an hour, Tom suddenly realized that he had left his wallet at home. A. To wait B. Have waited C. Having waited D. To have waited 30. There?s cooking oil left in the house. Would you go to the corner store and get ? A. little; some B. little; any C. a little; some D. a little; any 31. We cannot figure our quite a number of insects, birds, and animals are dying out. A. that B. as C. why D. when 32. on-going division between English-speaking Canadians and French-speaking Canadians is major concern of the country. A. The; / B. The; a C. An; the D. An; / 33. two exams to worry about, I have to work really hard this weekend. A. With B. Besides C. As for D. Because of 34. is reported in the newspaper, talks between the two countries are making progress. A. It B. As C. That D. What 35. I don?t rock ?n? roll. It?s much too noisy for my ears. A. go after B. go away with C. go into D. go in for （2）2004 天津高考试题 单项填空 21. —How often do you eat out? — , but usually once a week. A. Have no idea B. It depends C. As usual D. Generally speaking 22. Stand over there you?ll be able to see it better. A. or B. while C. but D. and 23. Helen was much kinder to her youngest son than to the others, , of course, made the
others envy him. A. who B. that C. what D. which 24. When he left college, he got a job as reporter in a newspaper office. A. /; a B. /; the C. a; the D. the; the 25. Happy birthday, Alice! So you have twenty-one already! A. become B. turned C. grown D. passed 26. I keep medicines on the top shelf, out of the children?s . A. reach B. hand C. hold D. place 27. Mr. Smith used to smoke but he has given it up. A. seriously B. heavily C. badly D. hardly 28. —What were you doing when Tony phoned you? —I had just finished my work and to take a shower. A. had started B. started C. have started D. was staring 29. I got the story from Tom and people who had worked with him. A. every other B. many others C. some other D. other than 30. It is easy to do the repair. you need is a hammer and some nails. A. Something B. All C. Both D. Everything 31. —Who is the girl standing over there? —Well, if you know, her name is Mabel. A. may B. can C. must D. shall 32. It was evening we reached the little town of Winchester. A. that B. until C. since D. before 33.It was not a serious illness, and she soon it. A. got over B. got on with C. got around D. got out of 34. Don?t leave the water while you brush your teeth. A. run B. running C. being run D. to run 35. A modern city has been set up in was a wasteland ten years ago. A. what B. which C. that D. where （3）2004 重庆高考试题 单项填空 21. You can eat food free in my restaurant you like. A. whenever B. wherever C. whatever D. however 22. The crazy fans patiently for two hours, and they would wait till the movie star arrived. A. were waiting B. had been waiting C. had waited D. would wait 23. She her hairstyle in her hometown before she came to Chongqing for a better job. A. would change B. has changed C. changed D. was changing 24. “The interest be divided into five parts, according to the agreement made by both sides,” declared the judge. A. may B. should C. must D. shall 25. I intended to compare notes with a friend, but unfortunately couldn?t spare me even one minute. A. they B. one C. who D. it 26. Before the war broke out, many people in safe places possessions they could not take with them.
23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28.
A. threw away B. put away C. gave away D. carried away They see you as something of a worrier, problems which don?t exist and crossing bridges long before you come to them. A. settling B. discovering C. seeing D. designing — I think George doesn?t really care for TV plays. — Right, he still watches the program. A. and B. but C. or D. so There are eight tips in Dr Roger ?s lecture on—sleep, and one of them is: to bed early unless you think it is necessary. A. doesn?t go B. not to go C. not going D. don?t go Laws that punish parents for their little children?s actions against the laws get parents . A. worried B. to worry C. worrying D. worry — One week?s time has been wasted. — I can?t believe we did all that work for . A. something B. nothing C. everything D. anything The most important thing about cotton in history is part that it played in Industrial Revolution. A.不填; 不填 B. the; 不填 C. the; the D. a; the The husband gave his wife every month in order to please her. A. all half his income B. his half all income C. half his all income D. all his half income I failed in the final examination last term and only then the importance of studies. A. I realized B. I had realized C. had I realized D. did I realize — Let?s go and have a good drink tonight. — Have you got the first prize in the competiton? A. What for? B. Thanks a lot. C. Yes, I?d like to. D. Why not? （4）2004 江苏高考试题 单项填空 I will never know what was on his mind at the time, nor will . A. anyone B. anyone else C. no one D. no one else — I don?t mind telling you what I know. — You . I?m not asking you for it. A. mustn?t B. may not C. can?t D. needn?t I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually like the person. A. While B. Since C. Before D. Unless He got to the station early, missing his train. A. in case of B. instead of C. for fear of D. in search of The man insisted a taxi for me even though I told him I lived nearby. A. find B. to find C. on finding D. in finding More patients in hospital this year than last year. A. treated B. have treated C. had been treated D. have been treated Tom owns larger collection of books than any other student in our class. A. the; 不填 B. a; 不填 C. a; the D. 不填; the —You haven?t lost the ticket, have you?
— . I know it?s not easy to get another one at the moment. A. I hope not B. Yes, I have C. I hope so D. Yes, I?m afraid so 29. It?s ten years since the scientist on his life?s work of discovering the valuable chemical. A. made for B. set out C. took off D. turned up 30. A man is being questioned in relation to the murder last night. A. advised B. attended C. attempted D. admitted 31. The old man, abroad for twenty years, is on the way back to his motherland. A. to work B. working C. to have worked D. having worked 32. The house smells as if it hasn?t been lived in for years. A. little white wooden B. little wooden white C. white wooden little D. wooden white little 33. is often the case, we have worked out the production plan. A. Which B. When C. What D. As 34. Sales of CDs have greatly increased since the early 1990s, when people to enjoy the advantages of this new technology. A. begin B. began C. have begun D. had begun 35. —How long are you staying? —I don?t know. . A. That?s OK B. Never mind C. It depends D.It doesn?t matter （5）2004 浙江高考试题 单项填空 21. The winter of 1990 was extremely bad. most people say it was the worst winter of their lives. A. At last B. In fact C. In a word D. As a result 22. The Wilsons live in A-shaped house near the coast. It is 17th century cottage. A. the , / B. an, the C. /, the D. an, a 23. The discussion alive when an interesting topic was brought in. A. was coming B. had come C. has come D. came 24. students are required to take part in the boat race. A. Ten strong young Chinese B. Ten Chinese strong young C. Chinese ten young strong D. Young strong ten Chinese 25. We wanted to get home before dark, but it didn?t quite as planned. A. make out B. turn out C. go on D. come up 26. I pay Tracy a visit, but I am not sure whether I will have time this Sunday. A. should B. might C. would D. could 27. —What do you want to do next? We have half an hour until the basketball game. — . Whatever you want to do is fine with me. A. It just depends B. It?s up to you C. All right D. Glad to hear that 28. — Brad was Jane?s brother! — he reminded me so much of Jane! A. No doubt B. Above all C. No wonder D. Of course 29. Linda worked for the Minnesota Manufacturing and Mining Company, as 3M. A. knowing B. known C. being known D. to be known 30. If you are feeling so tired, perhaps a little sleep would .
A. act 31.
32. 33. 34. 35.
23. 24. 25.
26. 27. 28.
B. help C. serve D. last modeling business is by no means easy to get into, the good model will always be in demand. A. While B. Since C. As D. If I?ve never seen anyone run so fast— David go. A. just watch B. just to watch C. just watching D. just having watched We had three sets of garden tools and we seemed to have no use for . A. none B. either C. any D. each Because the shop , all the T-shirts are sold at half price. A. has closed down B. closed down C. is closing down D. had closed down Anyway, that evening, I?ll tell you more about later, I ended up staying at Rachel?s place. A. when B. where C. what D. which （6）2004 福建高考试题 单项填空 —You were out when I dropped in at your house. —Oh I for a friend from England at the airport. A. was waiting B. had waited C. am waiting D. have waited —Which of the three ways shall I take to the village? — way as you please. A. Each B. Every C. Any D. Either It is world of wonders, world where anything can happen. A. a; the B. a; a C. the; a D. 不填; 不填 She has set a new record, that is, the sales of her latest book 50 million. A. have reached B. has reached C. are reaching D. had reached —Go for a picnic this weekend,OK? — . I love getting close to nature. A. I couldn?t agree more B. I?m afraid not C. I believe not D. I don?t think so I?d like to buy a house—modern, comfortable, and in a quiet neighborhood. A. in all B. above all C. after all D. at all The news reporters hurried to the airport, only________ the film stars had left. A. to tell B. to be told C. telling D. told —How do you we go to Beijing for our holidays? —I think we?d better fly there. It?s much more comfortable. A. insist B. want C. suppose D. suggest The number of people present at the concert was than expected .There were many tickets left. A. much smaller B. much more C. much larger D. many more It was a pity that the great writer died his works unfinished. A. for B. with C. from D. of Scientists say it may be five or six years it is possible to test this medicine on human patients. A. since B. after C. before D. when
32. —I?ll tell Mary about her new job tomorrow. —You her last week. A. ought to tell B. would have told C. must tell D. should have told 33. It is certain that he will his business to his son when he gets old. A. take over B. think over C. hand over D. go over 34. Having been ill in bed for nearly a month ,he had a hard time the exam. A. pass B. to pass C. passed D. passing 35. It was with great joy he received the news that his lost daughter had been found. A. because B. which C. since D. that （7）2004 广东高考试题 单项填空 21. All the employees except the manager to work online at home. A. encourages B. encourage C. is encouraged D. are encouraged 22. I feel that one of my main duties a teacher is to help the students to become better learners. A. for B. by C. as D. with 23. I have always been honest and straightforward, and it doesn?t matter I?m talking to. A. who is it B. who it is C. it is who D. it is whom 24. It is any wonder that his friend doesn?t like watching television much. A. no B. such C. nearly D. hardly 25. Parents are taught to understand important education is to their children?s future. A. that B. how C. such D. so 26. the programme, they have to stay there for another two weeks. A. Not completing B. Not completed C. Not having completed D. Having not completed 27. She doesn?t know anyone here. She has got to talk to. A. anyone B. someone C. everyone D. no one 28. While he was investigating ways to improve the telescope, Newton made discover which completely changed man?s understanding of colour. A. a?不填 B. a?the C. 不填?the D. the?a 29. Sometimes it was a bit boring to work there because there wasn?t always much to do. A. such B. that C. more D. very 30. Of the making of good books there is no end; neither any end to their influence man?s lives. A. there is B. there are C. is there D. are there 31. The great success of this programme has been due to the support given by the local businessmen. A. rather B. very C. quickly D. largely 32. If you are planning to spend your money having fun this week, better it—you?ve got some big bills coming. A. forget B. forgot C. forgetting D. to forget 33. Helen always helps her mother even though going to school most of her day. A. takes up B. makes up C. saves up D. puts up 34. No, I?m afraid he isn?t in. This is his secretary speaking. Can I help you?
29. 30. 31.
A. Oh, you will. B. Oh, that?s a pity. C. I should think so. D. Well, I look forward to hearing from you. —Do you mind if I open the window? —______ I feel a bit cold. A. Of course not. B. I?d rather you didn?t. C. Go ahead. D. Why not? （8）2004 广西高考试题 单项填空 I often see lights in that empty house. Do you think I report it to the police? A. should B. may C. will D. can Helen had to shout above the sound of the music. A. making herself hear B. to make herself hear C. making herself heard D. to make herself heard －I?d like to take a week?s holiday. － , we?re too busy. A. Don?t worry B. Don?t mention it C. Forget it D. Pardon me We needed a new cupboard for the kitchen. So Peter made from some wood we had. A. it B. one C. himself D. another —The window is dirty. —I know. It for weeks. A. hasn?t cleaned B. didn?t clean C. wasn?t cleaned D. hasn?t been cleaned To enjoy the scenery, Irene would rather spend long hours on the train travel by air. A. as B. to C. than D. while Mr. White at 8:30 for the meeting, but he didn?t? show up. A. should have arrived B. should arrive C. should have had arrived D. should be arriving The journey around the world took the old sailor nine months, the sailing time was 226 days. A. of which B. during which C. from which D. for which When we plan our vacation, mother often offers suggestions. A. careful B. practical C. effective D. acceptable I hope you don?t mind me asking, where did you buy those shoes? A. so B. and C. yet D. but Reading is an experience quite different from watching TV; there are pictures in your mind instead of before your eyes. A. to form B. form C. forming D. having formed —I would never ever come to this restaurant again. The food is terrible! — . A. Nor am I B. Neither would I C. Same with me D. So do I It is re ported that the United States uses energy as the whole of Europe. A. as twice B. twice much C. twice much as D. twice as much In some western countries, demand for graduates from MBA courses has . A. turned down B. turned over C. fallen down D. fallen over
35. I do every single bit of housework my husband Bob just does the dishes now and then. A. since B. while C. when D. as （9）2004 湖南高考试题 单项填空 21. Playing tricks on others is we should never do. A. anything B. something C. everything D. nothing 22. — for the glass! —It?s OK. I?m wearing shoes. A. Look out B. Walk out C. Go out D. Set out 23. I work in a business almost everyone is waiting for a great chance. A. how B. which C. where D. that 24. I think Father would like to know I?ve been up to so far, so I decide to send him a quick note. A. which B. why C. what D. how 25. Turn on the television or open a magazine and you advertisements showing happy families A. will often see B. often see C. are often seeing D. have often seen 26. For a long time they walked without saying word. Jim was the first to break silence A. the; a B. a; the C. a; 不填 D. the; 不填 27. Everyone was on time for the meeting Chris, who?s usually ten minutes late for everything. A. but B. only C. even D. yet 28. — Excuse me, but I want to use your computer to type a report. — You have my computer if you don?t take care of it. A. shan?t B. might not C. needn?t D. shouldn?t 29. That doesn?t sound very frightening, Paul, I?ve seen . What did you like most about the film? A. better B. worse C. best D. worst 30. He accidentally he had quarreled with his wife and that he hadn?t been home for a couple of weeks. A. let out B. took care C. made sure D. made out 31. —I hear Jane has gone to the Holy Island for her holiday. —Oh, how nice! Do you know when she ? A. was leaving B. had left C. has left D. left 32. You can?t wear a blue jacket that shirt—it?ll look terrible. A. on B. above C. up D. over 33. You were silly not your car. A. to lock B. to have locked C. locking D. having locked 34. They?ve us ￡150,000 for the house. Shall we take it? A. provided B. Supplied C. shown D. offered 35. —Now, where is my purse? — ! We?ll be late for the picnic, A. Take your time B. Don?t worry C. Come on D. Take it easy （10）2004 湖北高考试题
21. 22. 23. 24.
29. 30. 31. 32. 33.
单项填空 Don?t leave matches or cigarettes on the table within of little children. A. hand B. reach C. space D. distance He kept looking at her, wondering whether he her somewhere. A. saw B. has seen C. sees D. had seen There was time I hated to go to school. A. a; that B. a; when C. the; that D. the; when It was back home after the experiment. A. not until midnight did he go B. until midnight that he didn?t go C. not until midnight that he went D. until midnight when he didn?t go There are two buildings, stands nearly a hundred feet high. A. the larger B. the larger of them C. the larger one that D. the larger of which —Excuse me. Is this the right way to the Summer Palace? —Sorry, I am not sure. But it be. A. might B. will C. must D. can You should try to get a good night?s sleep much work you have to do. A. however B. no matter C. although D. whatever with the size of the whole earth, the biggest ocean does not seem big at all. A. Compare B. When comparing C. Comparing D. When compared What surprised me was not what he said but he said it. A. the way B. in the way that C. in the way D. the way which On hearing the news of the accident in the coal mine, she pale. A. got B. changed C. went D. appeared We have to the wheat as soon as possible because a storm is on the way. A. get away B. get across C. get through D. get in Once a decision has been made, all of us should it. A. direct to B. stick to C. lead to D. refer to —George and Lucy got married last week. Did you go to their wedding? —No, I . Did they have a big wedding? A. was not invited B. have not been invited C. hadn?t been invited D. didn?t invite straight on and you?ll see a church. You won?t miss it. A. Go B. Going C. If you go D. When going —Will $200 ? —I?m afraid not. We need at least 50 more dollars. A. count B. satisfy C. fit D. do （11）2004 辽宁高考试题 单项填空 There are many kinds of sports, my favorite is swimming. A. as B. then C. so D. but John Smith, a successful businessman, has a car. A. large German white B. large white German
24. 25. 26. 27. 28.
31. 32. 33. 34.
25. 26. 27. 28.
C. white large German D. German large white —Guess what! I came across an old friend at the party last night. — I?m sure you had a wonderful time. A. Sounds good! B. Very well. C. How nice! D. All right. I have done much of the work. Could you please finish in two days? A. the rest B. the other C. another D. the others I don?t know whether you happen , but I?m going to study in the U.S.A. this September. A. to be heard B. to be hearing C. to hear D. to have heard Maybe you have been to many countries, but nowhere else such a beautiful palace. A. can you find B. you could find C. you can find D. could you find We were told that we should follow the main road we reached the central railway station. A. whenever B. until C. while D. wherever It is said in the book that Thomas Edison (1847-1931) the world leading inventor for sixty years. A. would be B. has been C. had been D. was —Mum, I?ve been studying English since 8 o?clock. I go out and play with Tom for a while? —No, I?m afraid not. Besides, it?s raining outside now. A. Can?t B. Wouldn?t C. May not D. Won?t by the beauty of nature, the girl from London decided to spend another two days on the farm. A. Attracting B. Attracted C. To be attracted D. Having attracted When you finish reading the book, you will have better understanding of life. A. a; the B. the; a C. 不填; the D. a; 不填 The final examination is coming up soon. It?s time for us to our studies. A. get down to B. get out C. get back for D. get over John was late for the business meeting because his flight had been by a heavy storm. A. kept B. stopped C. slowed D. delayed — I didn?t hear you clearly . It?s too noisy here. —I was saying that the party was great. A. Repeat. B. Once again. C. Sorry? D. So what? The factory produces half a million pairs of shoes every year, 80% are sold abroad. A. of which B. which of C. of them D. of that （12）2004 上海高考试题 单项填空 The accident is reported to have occurred the first Sunday in February. A. at B. on C. in D. to I had to buy these books because I didn?t know which one was the best. A. both B. none C. neither D. all According to a recent U.S. survey, children spent up to 25 hours a week TV. A. to watch B. to watching C. watching D. watch Children under 12 years of age in that country be under adult supervision when is a public library. A. must B. may C. can D. need
29. The first use of atomic weapons was in 1945. and their power increased enormously ever since. A. is B. was C. has been D. had been 30. The number of deaths form heart disease will be reduced greatly it people to eat more fruit and vegetables. A. persuade B. will persuade C. be persuaded D. are persuaded 31. Bill?s aim is to inform the viewers that cigarette advertising on TV is illegal, ? A. isn?t it B. is it C. isn?t be D. is he 32. He speaks English well indeed, but of course not _____ a native speaker. A. as fluent as B. more fluent than C. so fluently as D. much fluently than 33. The flu is believed by viruses that like to reproduce in the cells inside the human nose and throat. A. causing B. being caused C. to be caused D. be have caused 34. The flowers sweet in the botanic garden attract the visitors to the beauty of nature. A. to smell B. smelling C. smelt D. to be smelt 35. The disc, digitally in the studio, sounded fantastic at the party that night. A. recorded B. recording C. to be recorded D. having recorded 36. American women usually identify their best friend as someone they can talk frequently. A. who B. as C. about which D. with whom 37. After Yang Liwei succeeded in circling the carth, our astronauts desire to do is walk in space. A. where B. what C. that D. how 38. Jasmine was holidaying with her family in a wildlife park she was bitten on the leg by a lion. A. when B. while C. since D. once 39. Parents should take seriously their children?s requests for sunglasses eye protection is necessary in sunny weather. A. because B. through C. unless D. if 40. A story goes Elizabeth I of England liked nothing more that being surrounded by clever and qualified noblemen at court. A. when B. where C. what D. that 41. snacks and drinks, but they also brought cards for entertainment when they had a picnic in the forest. A. Not only they brought B. Not only did they bring C. Not only brought they D. Not only they did bring 42. Having been attacked by terrorists, . A. doctors cane to their rescue B. the tall building collapsed C. an emergency measure was taken D. warnings were given to tourists 43. Why! I have nothing to confess. you want me to say? A. What is it that B. What it is that C. How is it that D. How it is that 44. —English has large vocabulary, hasn?t it? —Yes, more words and expressions and you will find it easier to read and communicate.
47. 48. 49. 50. 51.
52. 53. 54.
A. Know B. Knowing C. To know D. Known The environmentalists and wild goats? on the vast grasslands was a good indication of the better environment. A. escape B. absence C. attendance D. appearance Hospital staff burst into cheers after doctors completed a 20-hours operation to have _____one-year-old twins at the head. A. isolated B. separated C. divided D. removed After the trainer was sure that the whale could look after itself, he it into the sea. A. transported B. unloaded C. released D. handled In Chinese culture, marriage decisions were often made by parents for their children. A. traditional B. historic C. remote D. initial Some people like dirking coffee, for it has effects. A. promoting B. stimulating C. enhancing D. encouraging The teacher wrote an example on the blackboard to to point. A. illustrate B. suggest C. express D. recognize Most people on this island are recreational fishers, and , fishing forms an actual part of their leisure time. A. accidentally B. purposefully C. obviousl D. formally In dealing with public relations, we should make every effort to prevent the in personality. A. contact B. contrast C. connection D. conflict Chinese arts have won the of a lot of people outside China. A. enjoyment B. appreciation C. entertainment D. reputation To keep healthy, Professor Johnson cycling as a regular form of exercise after he retired. A. took up B. caught on C. carried out D. made for （12）2004 全国 I（安徽、河南、河北、山东等） 单项填空 —It?s getting late. I?m afraid I must be going now. —OK. . A. Take it easy B. Go slowly C. Stay long D. See you Let?s keep to the point or we any decisions. A. will never reach B. have never reached C. never reach D. never reached The English play my students acted at the New Year?s party was a great success. A. for which B. at which C. in which D. on wich When you come here for your holiday next time, don?t go to hotel; I can find you _____bed in my flat. A. the; a B. the; / C. a; the D. a; / Roses need special care they can live through winter. A. because B. so that C. even if D. as —How about eight o?clock outside the cinema? —That me fine. A. fits B. meets C. satisfies D. suits I like______ in the autumn when the weather is clear and bright.
30. 31. 32.
22. 23. 24. 25.
26. 27. 28. 29. 30.
A. this B. that C. it D. one Sarah, hurry up. I?m afraid you won?t have time to before the party. A. get changed B. get change C. get changing D. get to change —Isn?t that Ann?s husband over there? —No, it be him—I?m sure he doesn?t wear glasses. A. can?t B. must not C. won?t D. may not My mind wasn?t on what he was saying, so I?m afraid I half of it. A. was missing B. had missed C. will miss D. missed You are saying that everyone should be equal, and this is I disagree. A. why B. where C. what D. how Yoou can take anything from the shelf and read, but please the books when you?ve finished with them. A. put on B. put down C. put back D. put off Mary kept weighing herself to see how much she was getting. A. heavier B. heavy C. the heavier D. the heaviest —Susan, will you please go and empty that drawer? — ? A. What for B. What is it C. How is it D. How come I don?t mind picking up your things from the store. , the walk will do me good. A. Sooner or later B. Still C. In time D. Besides （13）2004 全国 II（四川、吉林等） 单项填空 —Can I look at the menu for a few more minutes before I decide? —Of course. , Sir. A. Make yourself at home B. Enjoy yourself C. It doesn?t matter D. Take your time When first to the market, these products enjoyed great success. A. introducing B. introduced C. introduce D. being introduced There were dirty marks on her trousers she had wiped her hands. A.where B. which C. when D. that The evening news comes on at seven o?clock and only thirty minutes. A. keeps B. continues C. finishes D. lasts —Has Sam finished his homework today? —I have no idea. He it this morning. A. did B. has come C. was doing D. had done The forest guards often find campfires that have not been completely. A. turned down B. put out C. put away D. turned over you call me to say you?re not coming, I?ll see you at the theatre. A. Though B. Whether C. Until D. Unless “We can?t go out in this weather,” said Bob, out of the window. A. looking B. to look C. looked D. having looked You be tired—you?ve only been working for an hour. A. must not B. won?t be C. can?t D. may not I you not to move my dictionary—now I can?t find it.
33. 34. 35.
29. 30. 31.
A. asked B. ask C. was asking D. had asked If you buy more than ten, they knock 20 percent off . A. a price B. price C. the price D. prices —Do you like here? —Oh, yes. The air, the weather, the way of life. Everything is so nice. A. this B. these C. that D. it I must be getting fat—I can do my trousers up. A. fairly B. hardly C. nearly D. seldom According to the art dealer, the painting to go for at least a million dollars. A. is expected B. expects C. expected D. is expecting That?s an unpleasant thing to say about your father after he?s done for you. A. something B. anything C. all D. that （14）2004 全国 III（内蒙古、海南等） 单项填空 I often see lights in that empty house. Do you think I report it to the police? A. should B. may C. will D. can Helen had to shout above the sound of the music. A. making herself hear B. to make herself hear C. making herself heard D. to make herself heard —I?d like to take a week?s holiday. — , we?re too busy. A. Don?t worry B. Don?t mention it C. Forget it D. Pardon me We needed a new cupboard for the kitchen. So Peter made from some wood we had. A. it B. one C. himself D. another —The window is dirty. —I know. It for weeks. A. hasn?t cleaned B. didn?t clean C. wasn?t cleaned D. hasn?t been cleaned To enjoy the scenery, Irene would spend long hours on the train_____travel by air. A. as B. to C. than D. while Mr. White at 8:30 for the meeting, but he didn?t show up. A. should have arrived B. should arrive C. should have had arrived D. should be arriving The journey around the world took the old sailor nine months, the sailing time was 226 days. A. of which B. during which C. from which D. for which When we plan our vacation, mother often offers ______ suggestions. A. careful B. practical C. effective D. acceptable I hope you don?t mind me asking, where did you buy those shoes? A. so B. and C. yet D. but Reading is an experience quite different from watching TV; there are pictures in your mind instead of before your eyes. A. to form B. form C. forming D. having formed —I would never ever come to this restaurant again. The food is terrible! — .
33. 34. 35.
24. 25. 26. 27. 28.
30. 31. 32.
A. Nor do I B. Neither would I C. Same with me D. So do I It is reported that the United States uses energy as the whole of Europe. A. as twice B. twice much C. twice much as D. twice as much In some west countries, demand for graduates from MBA courses has . A. turned down B. turned over C. fallen down D. fallen over I do every single bit of housework my husband Bob just does the little dishes now and then. A. since B. while C. when D. as （15）2004 全国 IV（甘肃、宁夏等） 单项填空 Paul had to write a happier paper, he couldn?t find time to do it. A. but B. so C. because D. if —Tom graduated from college at a very young age. —Oh, he have been a very smart boy then. A. could B. should C. might D. must —Could I ask you a rather personal question? — . A. Yes, don?t worry B. Of course, go ahead C. Yes, help yourself D. Of course, why not There are altogether eleven books on the shelf, five are mine. A. on which B. in which C. of which D. from which It shames me to say it, but I told a lie when at the meeting by my boss. A. questioning B. have questioned C. questioned D. to be questioned The road is covered with snow. I can?t understand they insist on going by motor-bike. A. why B. whether C. when D. how Alice returned from the manager ?s office, me that the boss wanted to see me at once. A. having told B. tells C. to tell D. telling The faces of four famous American presidents on Mount Rushmore can be seen from a _____of 60 miles. A. length B. distance C. way D. spare —Thank goodness, you?re here! What you? —Traffic jam. A. keeps B. is keeping C. had kept D. kept Several weeks had gone by I realized the painting was missing. A. as B. before C. since D. when The house could fall down soon if no one some quick repair work. A. has done B. is doing C. does D. had done People may have many different opinions about Karen, but I admire her. , she is a great musician. A. After all B. As a result C. In other words D. As usual Lizzie was to see her friend off at the airport. A. a little more than sad B. more than a little sad C. sad more than a little D. a little more than sad If you can?t come tomorrow, we?ll have to hold the meeting next week.
A .yet B. even C. rather D. just 35. —John, there is Mr. Wilson on the phone for you. —I?m in bath. A. a; the B. the; a C. a; / D. the; / KEYS 北京 21-25ABDDB 26-30DCACA 31-35CBABD KEYS 天津 21~25BDDAB 26~30ABDCB 31~35CDABA KEYS 重庆 21-25 ABCDA 26-30 BCBDA 31-35 BCADA KEYS 江苏 21. B 22. D 23. A 24. C 25. C 26. D 27. B. 28. A 29. B 30.C 31. D 32. A 33. D 34. B 35. C KEYS 浙江 21-25BDDAB 26-30ABCBB 31-35 AACCD KEYS 福建 21—25 ACBAA 26—30 BBDAB 31—35 CDCDD KEYS 广东 21. D. 22. C. 23. B. 24. D. 25. B. 26. C. 27. D. 28. B. 29. D. 30. C. 31. D. 32. A. 33. A. 34. C.35. B. KEYS 广西 21－25 ADCBD 26－30CAABD 31－35 CBDCB KEYS 湖南 21—25 BACCA 26—30 BCABA 31—35 DDBDC KEYS 湖北 21—25BDBCD 26—30AADAC 31—35 DBCAD KEYS 辽宁 21—25 DBCAD 26—30 ABDAB 31—35 DADCA KEYS 上海 25—29 BDCAC 30—34 DACCB 35—39 ADBAA 40—44 DBBAA 45—49 DBCAB 50—54 ACDBA KEYS 全国 1 21~25DACAB 26~30DCAAD 30~35BCAAD KEYS 全国 2 21~25DBADC 26~30BDACA 31~35CDBAC KEYS 全国 3 21~25ADCBD 26~30CAABD 31~35CBDCB KEYS 全国 4 21~25ADBCC 26~30ADBDB 31~35CABDA 第十课时 小测验 60 题 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 1. Jenny liked Fred all the boys he was the most honest one. A. because B. because of C. as D. for that 2. The young man always believes in she says or she does because he loves her so deeply.
3. 4. 5.
14. 15. 16.
A. however B. whatever C. no matter what D. no matter how We called the First-Aid Center the traffic accident happened. A. immediately B. shortly C. quickly D. hurriedly Whether ways will be found to stop pollution or not is just worries the public. A. why B. which C. that D. what —I don?t know to join the army or to find a job. —Why don?t you your parents? advice? A. if; take B. if; follow C. whether; give D. whether; seek As a teacher, he has never given his students so difficult a problem they can?t work out. A. if B. that C. when D. as and out of breath, we reached the top of the mountain and stopped the beautiful scenery. A. Tiring; to admire B. Being tired; admiring C. Tired; to admire D. Tired; admiring —Why were you so late for work today? — to the office was not very easy this morning because of the traffic. A. Drove B. Driving C. I drove D. What I drove Don?t forget the magazine to the library when you finish it. A. to return; looking B. returning; reading C. to return; reading D. returning; to look The Smiths looked forward with hope a chance to go abroad. A. to get B. of getting C. in getting D. to getting I would love to the cinema yesterday, but I had to stay home, looking after my sick mother. A. going B. having gone C. to go D. to have gone —Why was Professor Johnson unhappy those days? —The only reason was that the theory he insisted on wrong. A. proving B. being proved C. proved D. was proved When we think of communication, we think of using words, talking face to face, writing messages, and so on. A. shortly B. probably C. actually D. normally The traffic in the city was today, so Mary got home earlier than usual. A. heavy B. weak C. scare D. light Clean water is necessary than fresh air to the people living in big cities. A. no more B. no less C. much as D. not any more Playing the violin well is not so easy as you imagined. So you must get fully prepared against any difficulties. A. entirely B. nearly C. almost D. completely —Would you like your coffee or strong? —Oh, I?d like a strong coffee. A. white B. black C. weak D. sweet If we can?t afford meat, we shall have to with fish. A. do B. go C. eat D. deal —I?d better now. The water is boiling in the kitchen.
—Good-bye. A. ring back B. ring up C. hold on D. ring off 20. I don?t know why the color when I washed the coat. A. went B. left C. ran D. dropped 21. It looks as if they are going to us 3,000 dollars for the concert hall. A. want B. cost C. demand D. charge 22. — Were you nervous while being questioned by the police? — Yes, my heart was wildly then. A. hitting B. striking C. beating D. knocking 23. Because her family is too poor, she has to on her uncle for further education in the university. A. keep B. feed C. have D. depend 24. The doorway is low, so your head when you go in. A. mind B. care C. expect D. attend 25. —How did you French? —I had lived in Paris with my aunt for 2 years before I came to England. A. pick out B. pick up C. set up D. set out 26. You should little Tom for his mistake; after all, he is a child. A. forget B. apologize C. excuse D. blame 27. This is Sports News. The Lakers again last night. The Nets beat them 1 to nothing. A. defeated B. missed C. won D. lost 28. I feel silly in these clothes. Everyone will me. A. worry about B. make fun of C. get rid of D. take an interest in 29. It?s high time we went home. Let?s go and Mr.Green good night. A. hope B. wish C. say D. keep 30. The party last night was success. We sang and danced until it came to end at 12:00. A. a; an B. a; the C. the; an D. 不填; an 31. —Did the accident happen in summer? —Yes, I remember it happened in summer of 2001. A. 不填; 不填 B. 不填; a C. the; 不填 D. 不填; the 32. Xiao Wang, Smith is waiting for you at school gate. A. the; the B. the; 不填 C. a; 不填 D. a; the 33. What great help the little girl is to her sick mother. A. 不填 B. a C. the D. an 34. Johnson had made up his mind to give it up, but on second thoughts he determined to try third time. A. 不填; a B. 不填; 不填 C. a; a D. the; a 35. — I?m sorry that I shouldn?t have been so angry with you. — You angry but that?s OK. A. have been B. are C. had been D. were 36. By the time I saw the angry expression on his face, I what I was having to face. A. had known B. have known C. would know D. knew 37. She ought to stop work; she has a headache because she all day long. A. has been reading B. had read C. is reading D. read
38. I?m sorry to have known my train arrives in New York at eight o?clock tonight. The plane I would like to take from there by then. A. will have left B. would leave C. had left D. has left 39. I first met Mr Zhao nine years ago. He at a chemical college at that time. A. had worked B. has worked C. was working D. had been working 40. —You could have turned to the soldiers for help. —Yes, but we to manage it on our own. Who would think we would fail? A. would hope B. hoped C. had hoped D. have been hoping 41. I asked Peter and of his two sisters, but none of them knew when their uncle came back. A. either B. both C. one D. neither 42. —Lend me some money, will you? —Sorry, I?ve got at hand myself. A. nothing B. no C. none D. much 43. I?ll just say — you should follow your father ?s advice. A. this B. that C. those D. these 44. — Shall we get up, Betty? —It?s only five o?clock now. is no need for us to get up so early. A. It B. You C. We D. There 45. I don?t feel this morning; I will go and have a lie-down. A. me B. myself C. it D. itself 46. She is in a poor of health, which worries her mother a lot. A. position B. situation C. state D. condition 47. He said that very clearly so that nobody was in about what he meant. A. doubt B. wonder C. question D. puzzle 48. We should show for school buildings, parks, playground, gyms and so on. A. envy B. purpose C. respect D. impression 49. —____ he come to see you? —Of course, please. And I?d rather he me the truth. A. Will; inform B. Shall; told C. Should; will tell D. Can; covers 50. Some women a good salary in a job instead of staying home, but they decided not to work for the sake of the family. A. must earn B. should have earned C. would earn D. could have earned 51. If you don?t like to swim, you as well stay at home. A. should B. may C. can D. would 52. The conference gives a chance for people of different to exchange. A. characters B. attitudes C. views D. ways 53. —Is there a to the time that I can stay here? —Yes, you must leave here before he comes back. A. number B. length C. limit D. matter 54. Please don?t worry about your daughter any more. She is out of danger and a good nurse. A. take the charge of B. takes charge of C. in charge of D. in the charge of 55. — Do you think there is anything interest in the exhibition? — Yes, I think some of the pictures are .
A. for; of help B. of; of great help C. in; of helpful D. at; helpful 56. the weather was going to take a turn for the worse, we decided to stay at home. A. But for B. As for C. Seeing that D. Even if 57. — I?m afraid the book I have lent you won?t be interesting enough. — A. Not at all. B. You?re welcome. C. Never mind. D. Why didn?t you tell me earlier? 58. — I didn?t do well in the last English contest. How about you? — . A. I?ll do better next time B. I like English, though C. A lot better D. Even worse 59. — You seem to have lost your way. ____ ? — I?m looking for Wangfujing Street. A. What are you looking for B. Why so C. Need help D. Where are you going 60. It will cost a lot of time. ____ , I think we shall need it and it will certainly be useful. A. What?s more B. As a result C. At the same time D. After all 答案及部分简析 1. B. because 引导一个原因状语从句， of all the boys 在从句中充当状语， 表示一个范围。 2. B. no matter what/how?只可以引导让步状语从句。 题中所填词引 导的应为宾语从句， 且充当 says 与 does 的宾语，故用 whatever。 3. A. immediately 在此为连词，意为“一??就” ，相当于 as soon as。 4. D. what 引导表语从句且在从句中作主语。 5. D. whether 可以与不定式连用，if 则不可。seek 意为“征求，寻求” ，为及物动词。 6. D. as 引导的为定语从句，在句中作 work out 的宾语。so/such?as 为固定搭配。 7. C. tired 疲惫的；tiring 令人疲惫的；stop to do 停下来去做某事。 8. B. -ing 形式短语充当主语。 9. C. 10. D. 考查 look forward to doing 结构; with hope 意为“满怀希望地” ，在句中用作状语。 11. D. would love to have done 表示“本来想做而事实上并没有做。 ” 12. C. he insisted on 在句中作定语，修饰 theory；prove 在此为连系动词。 13. D. 题意为 “每当我们想起交流时， 我们通常会想到使用语言， 面对面交谈， 写信息等” 。 shortly 立刻地；normally 通常地；actually 事实上，实际上；probably 可能地。 14. D. 题意为“今天城市的行人和车辆少，所以 Mary 到家比通常要早些” 。light 在此意 为“稀少的” 。 15. B. no less necessary than 意为 “与??一样必要” 。 16. B. 题意为“拉好小提琴根本不像你想的那么容易。 ”not nearly 远非，根本不。 17. C. weak 意为“淡的” ，与 strong(浓的)相对。 18. A. 句意为 “如果我们买不起肉， 就只得吃鱼了” 。 do with 表示 “以??对付过去； 以?? 凑合着用” 。 19. D. ring back 回电话；ring up 打电话；hold on 别挂上(听筒)；ring off 挂断电话。 20. C. run 褪色，为不及物动词。 21. D. 此处 charge 意为“收费;要价” ，其用法为 charge sb.some money for sth. 22. C. beat 在此意为“(心脏)跳动” 。
23. D. 24. A. 25. B. 26. C. 27. D. 28. B. 29. B. 30. A. 31. D. 32. D. 33. B. 34. A. 35. D. 36. D. 37. A. 38. A. 39. C. 40. C. 41. B. 42. C. 43. A. 44. D. 45. B. 46. C. 47. A. 48. C. 49. B. 50. D.
keep on 继续；feed on 以??为食物；have on 穿；depend on 依靠。 句意为“门低，所以进来时你要当心你的头” 。mind 意为“当心，小心” ，又如： mind that step 小心那个台阶；mind the dog 留神那条狗。 pick up 意为“偶然学会，学得” ；pick out 挑选；set up 建立；set out 出发；着手。 句意为“你应该原谅小汤姆，毕竟他只是一个孩子” 。 句意为“湖人队昨晚又输了，网队以 1 比 0 战胜了他们” 。lose 在此用作不及物动 词。defeat 战胜，击败，为及物动词。 worry about 为??担忧； make fun of 取笑； get rid of 摆脱； take an interest in 对?? 感兴趣。 wish sb. good night 意为“向某人道晚安” 。 success 表示“成功的人，成功的事”时，为可数名词。come to an end 为固定短语， 意为“结束” 。 表示“某一年的夏天” ，summer 前常加 the。 a Smith 意为“一个名叫史密斯的人” 。 help 可用作可数名词，意为“帮忙者；帮手；有益的事物” 。 on second thought/thoughts 意为“进一步考虑之后，经再三考虑” ，为固定短语； “a+ 序数词”表示“又一，再一” 。 此处用一般过去时表示“你当时确实生气了。 ” 尽管句中有 by the time 引导的时间状语从句， 但主句谓语所表示的动作不是发生在 从句谓语所表示的动作之前，而是几乎同时发生，所以用一般过去时。 由题意 “因为她整天都在读书” ， 可知此处表示动作的延续， 所以用 has been reading。 由 by then 可知此空应用将来完成时。 题意为“我第一次见赵先生是在九年前，他当时正在一家医学院上班。 ” had hoped to do sth.常用来表示过去未曾实现的愿望。 由后一分句中的 none(表示三者或三者以上中一个也没有)可知应用 both。 this 常可用来指下文将提到的事；;that 常用来指上文提到的事。 本题考查 There is no need to do sth.(没有必要做某事)的句型。 I don?t feel myself this morning.相当于 I don?t feel well this morning.；go and have a lie-down 去躺一会儿。 a poor state of health 指健康状况差。 in doubt 不能肯定的，怀疑的；in question 有问题；所谈的。 show respect for 此处意为“爱护” 。 由句意 “一些妇女本可以不呆在家里而获得一份高薪的工作， 但她们为了家庭而放 弃了工作.”可知，应用 could have done 结构，意为“本可以做某事而事实上并非 如此” 。 句意为“会议给了人们一次交流不同看法的机会” 。view 观点，看法；character 性 格；特点；attitude 态度； way 方法。 limit to the time 相当于 the time limit，意为“时间的限制” 。
51. B. 52. C. 53. C. 54. D. 55. B. 56. C.
seeing (that)意为“考虑到；既然” ，可引导一个从句。
57. C. 58. D. 59. C. 60. C.
此处答语用 worse，表示“你的不好，我的更糟” 。 at the same time 此处意为“可是，尽管如此” 。
copyright ©right 2010-2020。