Grammar The Past Participle
The Past Participle used as the Attribute
the rising sun
the risen sun
the falling leaves
he fallen leaves
the boiling water: the water that is boiling
the boiled water: the water that has boiled the changing city: the city that is changing the changed city: the city that has changed
a developing country a country that is developing
a developed country a country that has developed
a tiring speech a tired heart a speech that is tiring a heart that is tired
a disappointing boy a boy who is disappointing
a disappointed boy a boy who is disappointed
作定语用的过去分词相当于形容词，其逻辑主 语就是它所修饰的名词。及物动词的过去分词 作定语，既表被动又表完成；不及物动词的过 去分词作定语，只表完成。
1. 过去分词用作定语，如果是单个的，常置 于其所修饰的名词之前。
We must adapt our thinking to the changed conditions. 我们必须使我们的思 想适应改变了的情况。
饰的名词之后，其意义相当于一个定语从句， 但较从句简洁，多用于书面语中。 The concert given by their friends was a success. 他们朋友举行的音乐会大为成功。 3.过去分词短语有时也可用作非限制性定语，前后 常有逗号。 (1)The meeting, attended by over five thousand people, welcomed the great hero. 他们举行了欢迎英雄的大会，到会的有五千多人。
Choose the right answers. 1) A boy B Jack won the game. A boy A himself Jack won the game. B. called the sudden
2) There was a terrible noise A burst of light.
There was a sudden burst of light B by the terrible noise. A. following B. followed
高考题 1) Most of the artists from South Africa. A.invited C.being invited to the party were B.to invite D.had been invited
2) The first text books for teaching English as a foreign language came out in the 16th century.
A.having written C. being written B.to be written D.written
3) Who is the man A to your father just now? Who is the man B to just now? A.speaking B. spoken
4) An agreement every one of us.
tomorrow will do good to
A. to be signed
B. being signed
5）Do you know the name of the play___ in the hall now? A. to be put on B. being put on C. put on D. putting on
②现在分词(主动式）作定语表示动作正在发生， 与修饰词是主谓关系。 ③不定式作定语表示将要发生的动作。
1.a meeting ____________(hold) yesterday.
2.a meeting _______________ (hold) now. 3. a meeting ___________(hold) tomorrow.
修饰look, smile, voice, face等能表示人 的感受的词用过去分词. (1)From his ____ look on his face, the A price of meat must have risen.
A (2) He hung up the phone with a ____ smile on his face. A. satisfied B. satisfying
(3) She shouted in a ____ voice. B A. pleasing B. pleased A (4) Judging from her ____ face, she must be in trouble.
(5) The ____ parents are not C ____ with their B ____ son. A A. disappointing B. disappointed
The Past Participle
used as the Predicative.
Liu Xiang won the gold medal in Athens Olympic Game.
The news is exciting / inspiring.
We are all excited / inspired.
What do you think of the film?
How do the audiences feel?
The film is moving.
The audiences feel/are moved.
Fill in the blanks with –ing form or –ed form of the given verbs. 1. -- How did the audience receive the new play?
-- They got very________. All of them think the excited play is ________. (excite) exciting
2. -- How did Bob do in the exams this time?
-- Well, he got five As and his father seems pleased with his results. ( please) _______ surprising 3. The news is so ________ that John is surprised ____________ in a daze. (surprise)
现在分词表示主语的性质，而且主语多 为物； 过去分词表示主语的感受或状态，主语 多为人。
1)Cleaning women in big cities usually get ____ by the hour.
D. to pay
2) As we joined the big crowd I got ____ from my friends. A. separated C. lost B. spared D. missed
3) The pilot asked all the passengers on board to remain ____ as the plane was making a landing.
D. to be seating
My bike is broken .(broken 形容词作表 语，表示“状态”)。 用作表语的过去分词被动意味很弱，主要表 示动作的完成和状态，此时相当于一个形容词。
2. My bike was broken by Jim．(动词过去分 词构成被动语态，表示“动作”) 被动语态的过去分词动词意味很强,句子主语 为动作的承受者，后面常跟by短语。
The Past Participle used as the Object Compliment
1. I heard her singing in her room.
2. I found two men trying to break into my house.
3. I saw a man stealing her purse.
1. I heard the song sung in English. 2. When I got home, I found my house broken into. 3. Please keep us informed of the latest news.
过去分词作宾语补足语用于以下情况。 1.位于感官动词如see, hear, feel, watch, notice,find 等词后。 * I felt myself knocked down. * People found the world outside completely changed. ＝The world outside was found completely changed. (主语补足语)
2.用于使役动词如have, keep, make, get, leave等词后.
* Don’t leave such an important thing undone.
= An important thing was left undone/unfinished.(主语补足语)
3.位于表示“愿望、希望”等意义的动词 之后，如 want, wish, like, expect, etc. * I wish the problem settled.
* I would like my house (to be) painted white. * They wanted their buildings (to be) constructed in a way to look unusual.
4.介词短语作宾补 with, without + n. + p.p. Do you know the man with his hands tied back? He left the office with the door unlocked. He went out without the light turned off. The murderer was brought in , with his hands _____ behind his back . A .being tied C .to be tied B .having tied D .tied
Complete the sentences with the verbs in brackets. said 1. I don’t want any bad words _____ (say) about him behind his back. done 2. Please get the work ______ (do) as soon as possible. sent 3. I’ll have the materials ______ (send) to you next Monday morning. 4. She won’t have her long and beautiful hair cut _____ (cut) short.
heard 5. You should make your voice _____ (hear). 6. ---What happened to Mr. White early this morning ? knocked ---Oh，he was seen___________ (knock) drove down and the driver_______ (drive) away． 7. I meant to buy an evening paper, but I didn't see anyone _______(sell) them.
1.现在分词（主动式）作宾补和宾语在逻辑上有主 动关系，强调动作在进行。 如：I saw him falling off his bike just at that moment ． 2.不定式作宾补和宾语在逻辑上有主动关系，强调 动作的过程。 如：I saw him fall off his bike and hurt his left leg。 3.过去分词作宾补和宾语在逻辑上有被动关系。 如：I heard my name called by someone．
1）—— Good morning. Can I help you? —— I’d like to have this package______, madam. A. be weighed B. to be weighed
C. to weigh
2) The speaker raised his voice but still couldn’t make himself __________. A. hear B. to hear
3) The murderer was brought in, with his hands _______behind his back.
A. being tied
C. to be tied
B. having tied
4) The salesman scolded the girl caught______ and left her off.
A. to have stolen
C. to steal
B. to be stealing
5) The missing boys were last seen ______near the river.
B. to be playing
6) Mrs. Brown was much disappointed to see the washing machine she had had_______went wrong again. A. it B. it repaired
D. to be repaired
Finish the Grammar exercises in English Weekly and Best English.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。