1. 吸烟会致癌。 Smoking may cause cancer. 2. 散步是我唯一的运动。 Walking is my only exercise. 3. 我建议结束会议。 I suggest bringing the meeting to an end. 4. 他承认钱是他拿的。
He admitted taking the money.
>5. 你的大衣需要刷一下。 Your coat needs brushing. 动名词作主语和宾语
动名词作主语在固定句型中的使用 谈论这些没用的事情是在浪费时间。 It is a waste of time talking about such useless things. 等别人替你做决定是没有用的。 It is no good waiting for other people to make decisions for you. 再劝说他也没有意义。 There is no point/ no sense in persuading him any longer. 烧烤没有多大的乐趣。 There is no pleasure barbecuing.
动名词的复合结构: Lucy's coming/Lucy coming Lucy的到来 Mary's being late/Mary being late 玛丽上课迟到 My coming/me coming 我的到来 可接动名词作宾语的动词： avoid, advise, admit, appreciate, consider, can't help, delay, dislike, deny, enjoy, excuse, escape, envy, finish, forgive, give up, keep, imagine, mind, miss, practise, postpone, risk, suggest, stand, need/want/require doing 动名词的基本形式： 1. (not)doing 2. (my not)having done 3. (not)being done 4. (not)having been done
建筑材料 building materials = materials for building 饮用水 手杖 阅览室 用途 drinking water a walking stick a reading room
? 烦人的音乐 一个惊人的结果 表示名词的性质 表示名词的用途或性质的作定语的v-ing叫动 名词 可作主语或宾语的v-ing 也叫动名词 作其它成分的v-ing就叫作现在分词
tiring music a surprising result
尝试用v-ing形式作定语 They lived in a room facing the street. = They lived in a room that faces the street. 他们住在一间面朝街的房子。 The man standing there is Peter’s father. = The man who is standing there is Peter’s father. 站在那儿的那个人是彼得的父亲。
Anybody swimming in this river will be fined. = Anybody who is swimming in this
river will be fined.
Hi s brother working as a teacher lives in Beijing. = His brother who is working as a teacher lives in Beijing.
His brother, working as a teacher, lives in Beijing. = His brother, who is working as a teacher, lives in Beijing. 他那个当教师的哥哥住在北京。
The apple tree, swaying gently in
the breeze, had a good crop of fruit. = The apple tree, which was swaying gently in the breeze, had a good crop of fruit. 那棵苹果树硕果累累，在微风中 轻轻摇曳。
v--ing作 宾补 1. see/feel/watch/hear/observe/notice/listen to/look at sb/sth do/done/doing be seen to do/ done/doing be felt to do be watched to do be heard to do be observed to do be noticed to do be listened to do/doing/done 2. catch/smell/find sb/sth/ done/doing be caught/ be smelt/be found done/doing 3. 感官动词
使役动词 1. I had my tooth pulled. 2. I had my homework finished. 3. I had my wallet stolen on the bus. 3. He had me help him with his English. 3. We have the lights burning. 4. They had him waiting outside the theatre. have sb./sth. do/ done/doing had will have had had has had have had
I got the bike repaired. I got the car going in such cold weather. I got him to fectch some chalk for me. get sb/ sth. to do/done/doing
keep/leave/set sb. /sth. doing /done Don't leave him standing outside in the rain. He left his homework undone/unfinished. His remarks set me thinking. He is left standing ...... His homework was left undone... I was set thinking.
1. Let me see. Let your body relax. 2. The boss made the workers do a great deal of work in the past. He spoke aloud so that he could make himself heard. Chaplin made himself known by his convincing performance. The workers were made to do a great deal of work in the past. ....he was made heard. He was made known by his convincing performance.
When we returned to the school, we found a stranger standing at the entrance. When we returned to the school, a stranger was found standing at the entrance.
We found the snake eating the eggs. The snake was found eating the eggs.
I found a bag lying on the ground.
A bag was found _______ lying (lie) on the ground.
The boss kept the workers working the
The workers were kept working the whole
They heard him singing in the next room. = He was heard singing in the next room. We mustn’t keep them waiting. = They mustn’t be kept waiting.
We saw a light burning in the window. I felt somebody patting me on the shoulder.
Can you smell anything burning?
As he spoke, he observed everybody
looking at him curiously.
Listen to the birds singing.
I didn’t notice him waiting.
I won’t have you doing that.
This set me thinking.
I’m sorry to have kept you waiting. I can’t get the clock going again. You won’t catch me doing that again.
We passed by the classroom and saw the teacher making the experiment. 我们走过教室，看见老师在做实验。 We sat an hour and watched the teacher make the experiment. 我们坐了一个小时，看老师做实验。
We heard the door slam. We heard the door slamming. (反复动作)
三、-ing形式作表语 -ing形式作表语时放在系动词之后， 用来泛指某种动作或行为，以说明主 语的身份、性质或情况。 Her hobby is painting. 她的业余爱好是画画。 My job is looking after the children. 我的工作就是照顾这些孩子。
Point out the usage of the –ing form. 1. Do you find it funny to see someone sliding on a banana skin, bumping into someone else round a corner, or falling down a hole in the road? sliding, bumping, falling 作宾语补足语
2. He became famous for using a
particular form of acting, including
mime and farce.
3. …But he was loved by all who
watched the films for his determination
in overcoming difficulties and being
kind even when people were unkind to
4. That was the problem facing Charlie
Chaplin in one of his most famous films.
5. He loved it by using nonverbal
6. Their job is “panning for gold”. panning 作表语 7. Finally he tries cutting and eating the bottom of the shoe. cutting, eating 作宾语
Please read the sentences carefully,
trying to pick out the errors and then correct them. 1. I am looking forward to visit Charlie Chaplin Museum in Switzerland next week. visiting
2. Many people still enjoy seeing Charlie Chaplin’s silent films.√ 3. That cartoon picture shows Charlie Chaplin watch himself watching in a movie. watching 4. Charlie’s nonverbal humor often makes people bursting with laughter. burst
5. We are all fond of Charlie’s early films, which we think are more interested. interesting 6. I missed to see the beginning of the film City Lights the other day. seeing 7. I wouldn’t mind to see The Gold Rush again with you tonight. seeing
从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可 以填入空白处的最佳选项。 1.Don’t leave the water _______ while you brush your teeth. A. run B. running C. being run D. to run
2. Tell Mary that there’s someone ____ for her at the door. A. waiting B. waited C. waits D. to wait 3. The _______ waiter came up to us and said, “You are welcome.” A. smiling B. smiled C. smile D. to smile
4. A phone call sent him _______ to the hospital. A. hurry B. hurrying C. to hurry D. hurried 5. Do you know the boy _______ under the big tree? A. lay B. lain C. laying D. lying
6. There are lots of places of interest
_______ in our city.
A. needs repairing
B. needing repaired
C. needed repairing
D. needing to be repaired
7. The drunken husband knocked against the table and sent the bowls _______ in all directions before he was sent _______ by his wife. A. flying; to sleep B. flying; sleeping C. to fly; to sleeping D. to fly; to sleep
8. When we got back from the cinema, we found the lamp _______ but the door _______. A. being on; shut B. burning; shutting
C. burning; shut
D. on; shutting
9. As is known to us all, traveling is _____, but we often feel _____ when we are back from travels. A. interesting; tired B. interested; tiring C. interesting; tiring D. interested; tired
10. The woman found it no good _____ her daughter too much money. A. giving B. being given C. given D. gave 11. As the stone was too heavy to move, I left it _____on the ground. A. laying B. lay C. lying D. lain
12. John’s bad habit is _____ without thorough understanding. A. read C. to be read B. being read D. reading
1.The wild flowers looked like a soft orange blanket _____ the desert. （2006年 湖南卷） A. covering B. covered C. cover D. to cover
2.Don’t respond to any e-mails
____ personal information, no matter
how official they look. （2006年 天津卷） A. searching B. asking
C. requesting D. questioning
3. The glass doors have taken the place of the wooden ones at the entrance, ______ in the natural light during the day. (2007年 天津卷） A. to let B. letting C. let D. having let
4. I smell something ____ in the kitchen. Can I call you back in a minute? （2007年 全国卷I） A. burning B. burnt C. being burnt D. to be burnt
copyright ©right 2010-2020。