（总分：150 分 答题时间：120 分钟） 笔试部分（共七大题，计 120 分） I. 选择填空（Vocabulary and structure）（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，计 15 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳答案。（答案涂在答题纸上） 31. I thin
k we should organise ________ little dinner to celebrate ________ event. A. /; an C. a; / B. the; the D. a; the
32. I phoned her ________ day, but she refused to tell me ________ . A. another; nothing C. other; something B. another; everything D. the other; anything
33. —What’s the matter? ________ ? —Yes, my mother ________ seriously ill since yesterday. A. Have you wept; get C. Did you weep; got B. You’ve been crying, haven’t you; has been D. Are you crying; had been
34. An American Indian legend says that trees hold up the sky, and if they ________ , ________ will be a disaster. A. are cut off; it C. are cut down; there B. will be cut down; it D. will cut off; there
35. I can’t help ________ at his meanness. He again decided against ________ his old aunt. A. surprising; to save C. to be surprised; saving B. being surprised; helping D. to surprise; to help
36. —How ________ he have got into an accident? He is such a careful driver. —But other drivers are not. Somebody ________ into his car. A. can; may have run C. must; must have crashed B. may; should have crashed D. might; can have run
37. Between 1950 and 1990, the world population doubled to 5.3 ________ . Nearly eighty ________ of these people live in developing, or poorer nations. A. billion; percent C. billions; percents B. billion; percentage D. billions; percent
用心 爱心 专心
38. If Janet ________ half an hour earlier, she ________ to see Kevin before he left. He was eager to say good-bye to her. A. has arrived; would be able B. would leave; was able C. have started; would have been able D. had come; would have been able 39. —Good morning. May I help you? —No, thank you. I’m just looking around. — ________ A. Thanks for coming to see me. B. How are you feeling today? C. I’ll write you a cheque right now. D. Take your time then. 40. ________ that her fifteen-year-old son disappeared while walking home from school, she suddenly burst ________ tears. A. Being heard; out C. To tell; away B. Having been told; into D. Seen; out
41. He was a ________ person in the neighbourhood. The people thought there was not a man alive who could do everything half as ________ as he did. A. highly respecting; more C. highly respected; well B. high respected; fast D. highest respected; better
42. Gary was extremely busy with his work last week. Not until ________ very dark ________ his work and go home. A. was it; he started C. was it; did he start B. it was; did he stop D. it was; he stopped
43. It’s a family of three children, ________ are ________ the Internet. A. all of them; fond of C. all of whom; addicted to 44. —Are you ready to order? —I’m kind of in a hurry. ________ A. What can you serve quickly? B. What had happened?
用心 爱心 专心
B. both who; made up of D. all which; satisfied with
C. I hope you’re not displeased with her. D. There will be a lot of food. 45. I did not accept the job. ________ I’m unwilling to do the job, ________ I’m unequal to it. A. However; as C. Although; so B. Not that; but D. Not for; though
II. 阅读理解（Reading comprehension）（共 20 小题；选择题 5 小题，每小题 1 分，非选择题 15 小 题，每小题 2 分，计 35 分） A）选择题：阅读下面短文，从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出能回答所提问题的最佳答案。（答案 涂在答题纸上） Can you understand the beginning of this essay?
“My smmr hols wr CWOT. B4, we usd 2go2 NY 2C my bro, his GF & 3 kds FTF.” The Scottish teacher who received it in class had no idea what the girl who wrote it meant. The essay was written in a form of English used in cell phone text messages. Text messages（also called SMS）through cell phones became very popular in the late 1990s. At first, mobile phone companies thought that text messaging would be a good way to send messages to customers, but customers quickly began to use the text messaging service to send messages to each other. Teenagers in particular enjoyed using text messaging, and they began to create a new language for messages called “texting.” A text message is limited to 160 characters, including letters, spaces, and numbers, so mess- ages must be kept short. In addition, typing on the small keypad of a cell phone is difficult, so it’s common to make words shorter. In texting, a single letter or number can represent a word, like “r” for “are,” “u” for “you,” and “2” for “to.” Several letters can also represent a phrase, like “lol” for “laughing out loud.” Another characteristic of texting is the leaving out of letters in a word, like spelling “please” as “pls.” Some parents and teachers worry that texting will make children bad spellers and bad writers. The student who wrote the essay at the top of this page said writing that way was more comfortable for her.（The essay said,
用心 爱心 专心
“My summer holidays were a complete waste of time. Before, we used to go to New York to see my brother, his girlfriend, and their three kids face to face.”） Not everyone agrees that texting is a bad thing. Some experts say languages always develop, and this is just another way in which English is changing. Other people believe texting will disappear soon. New technology for voice messages may soon make text messages a thing of the past. 46. What is the writer’s opinion of text messaging? A. The writer does not give his opinions. B. It is not bad for children. C. It will make children bad writers. D. It is fun and easy to do. 47. Which characteristic of texting is NOT described in the passage? A. Using letters to represent words. B. Using phrases to represent essays. C. Using letters to represent phrases. D. Using numbers to represent words. 48. Which of the following was most probably the title of the student’s essay? A. My Smmr Hols C. My GF B. CU in LA D. My Gr8 Tchr
49. Why do some people think that texting is bad? A. It costs too much. B. It’s too difficult to type.
C. Teenagers won’t learn to write correctly. D. It’s not comfortable. 50. Why aren’t some people worried about the effect of texting? A. Not many people use texting. B. Spelling in English is too difficult. C. Teenagers quickly become bored with texting. D. Texting will disappear because of new technology.
Questions 51—55: Answer each of the following questions in no more than 3 words. 51. Which is the best channel for news? 52. Who has returned to playing tennis? 53. What time does the romantic film start? 54. How much money is the game show prize? 55. What does “on the air” mean?
B The man looks uncomfortable. He is not speaking. His girlfriend keeps asking him what’s wrong. “Nothing,” he replies each time. You must be familiar with this kind of scene. Romantic comedies and TV dramas often show this kind of relationship problem.（59）Such problems among couples often result from not understanding their partner’s communication style. （60）Psychologists（心理学家）have found some basic differences between the sexes in the ways they communicate. Firstly, women typically prefer to talk about their feelings, while men tend to withdraw. For example, when a couple has a problem, a woman will typically try to solve the problem by talking about it with
用心 爱心 专心
her partner. A man, on the other hand, is usually more likely to solve the problem on his own. He, therefore, removes himself from the situation, or tries to get away from the woman to be by himself. Secondly, men and women respond to each other differently. Both men and women are very good at reading their partners’ feelings. The difference is in their reactions. Women, psychologists say, are receptive and responsive. This means that they actually feel what their partner is feeling. In contrast, men understand their partners’ feelings, but don’t actually feel them themselves. For example, if a man is stressed, his partner will see this and become stressed. However, if a woman is stressed, her partner will recognise it but won’t become stressed. In the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus by John Gray, men and women are described as originally being from different planets. As a result, they naturally have different styles of thinking, behaving, and communicating. These fundamental differences can cause misunderstandings between them. The most important thing for a healthy relationship is to realise and understand these differences. Questions 56—58: Answer the following questions briefly. 56. What’s the passage mainly about? 57. Which word in the second paragraph means “distance oneself”? 58. How will a man respond when he notices his partner becoming stressed? Questions 59—60: Translate the underlined sentences into Chinese.
III. 完形填空（Cloze）（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，计 15 分） 阅读下面短文，从方框中选出恰当的词或短语并用其适当形式填空，使短文语义完整。（每词或短语 限用一次，有多余选项）（答案写在答题纸上） large, protect, devote to, original, murder, however, best-selling, history, why, unlike,
paint, build, tour, lead to, when, include, with, where It’s true that everyone loves a mystery, especially when it mixes（66）________ with fiction. That is（67） ________ American author Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code has become one of the（68）________ books in history. In his novel, Brown builds on one of Western culture’s most important books: The Bible. However, 69） （ ________ The Bible, Brown writes that Jesus was married and had a child. A small group of people know the secret and have to（70）________ it. The Italian artist Leonardo Da Vinci was one of them. He （71）________ the secret into some of his masterpieces, including The Last Supper.
用心 爱心 专心
The movie version of The Da Vinci Code starring Tom Hanks will hit the big screen next week. Weaving historical fact（72）________ fiction, the story will take you on a（73）________ through art, history, and religion. Now let’s take a brief tour with Teens of（74）________ the story begins: Paris. At the beginning of the tale, the curator（馆长）of the Louvre（卢浮宫）art museum is（75）________ . His death（76）________ a search for the so-called “Da Vinci code.” （77） ________ in 1200 near the Seine River, the Louvre was 78） （ ________ a royal palace. Its doors were opened to the public as a royal museum in 1793. It is said to be the world’s（79）________ museum, home to 35,000 works of art,（80）________ the mysterious Mona Lisa.
IV. 翻译（Translation）（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，计 10 分） 用括号中所给的词语将下列句子译成英语。（答案写在答题纸上） 81. 依靠自己的努力，我们克服了所有困难。（rely on） 82. 玛丽亚总是穿着新衣服，试图给人留下深刻的印象。（impress） 83. 他不知道如何处理他父亲留下的财产。（do with） 84. 我对音乐的品味与我爸爸的相同。（in harmony with） 85. 因为有了因特网，你在家就能进行所有的圣诞大采购。（thanks to）
V. 短文改错（Error correction）（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，计 10 分） 此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断：如无错误，在该行右边横线上画一 个勾（√）；如有错误（每行只有一个错误），则按下列情况改正： 此行多一个词：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉，在该行右边横线上写出该词，并也用斜线划掉。 此行缺一个词：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧），在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。 此行错一个词：在错的词下划一横线，在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。 注意：原行没有错的不要改。（答案写在答题纸上） Dear Mr Trotter, I have a number of complaint about the work your company did in my house last week. You promised that your men will arrive by 8:00. As you know, I have to catch bus at 8:15. On three 86. ________ 87. ________ 88. ________
days the men arrived before eight, so I missed my bus and my boss was 89. ________ extremely annoying. The foreman lost the written instructions I gave
用心 爱心 专心
him. The paint he used for the hall should have used in the kitchen. The sitting-room wallpaper, which I had chosen it with great care,
91. ________ 92. ________
was the wrong way up. My bathroom, which did not need painted, has 93. ________ been painted. When you do not promise to put right the mistakes your men have made within two weeks, I will go to my lawyer. Yours sincerely, Cecil J. Trubshaw 94. ________ 95. ________
VI. 智力测试（IQ）（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，计 5 分）回答下列问题。（答案写在答题纸上） 96. Odd one out: Circle the noun in the group. Then cross out the adjective which can’t be used with the noun.
97. How many minutes is it before 12 noon, if 48 minutes ago it was twice as many minutes past 9 a.m.? 98. Find two words, both reading clockwise round each circle. You must find the starting point of each word and provide the missing letters. The two words form a phrase.
99. Find the ages of Mary, George, Alice, Claire and Stephen if the sum of the ages of two of them all as follows: Mary + George = 33 years Alice + Claire = 95 years Stephen + Mary = 72 years
用心 爱心 专心
Mary + Claire = 87 years Stephen + George = 73 years 100. Place a word in the bracket that forms a new word or phrase when tacked onto（添加）the word on the left, and another word or phrase when placed in front of the word on the right. e.g. first（class）mate second（ ）some
笔试部分（共七大题，计 120 分） I. 选择填空（Vocabulary and structure） 31—35 DDBCB 36—40 AADDB 41—45 CBCAB
II． 阅读理解（Reading comprehension） 46—50 ABACD 51. Channel 21. 52. Don Rodgers. 53. At 9 p.m. 54. Five million pounds. 55. Broadcast. 56. Men and women express their emotions in different ways. 57. Withdraw. 58. He will recognise it but won’t become stressed himself. 59. 情侣们之间出现的这类问题常常是由他们不理解对方的沟通方式所导致的。 60. 心理学家们已经发现了一些两性之间在沟通方式上的基本区别。 61. 4. 62. 95℃. 63. The synthetic cycle. 64. Wool and silk. 65. unfading colour / unchanging colour III. 完形填空（Cloze）
用心 爱心 专心
66. history 67. why 68. best-selling 69. unlike 70. protect 71. painted 72. with 73. tour 74. where 75. murdered 76. leads to 77. Built 78. originally 79. largest 80. including IV. 翻译（Translation） 81. Relying on our own efforts, we overcame all the difficulties. 82. Maria is always trying to impress people with her new clothes. 83. He didn’t know what to do with the property his father had left. 84. My taste in music is in harmony with my father’s. 85. Thanks to the Internet, you can do all your Christmas shopping from home. V. 短文改错（Error correction） Dear Mr Trotter, I have a number of complaint about the work your company did in my house last week. You promised that your men will arrive by 8:00. As you know, I have to catch ∧ bus at 8:15. On three days the men arrived before eight, so I missed my bus and my boss was extremely annoying. The foreman lost the written instructions I gave him. The paint he used for the hall should have∧used in the kitchen. The sitting-room wallpaper, which I had chosen it with great care, was the wrong way up. My bathroom, which did not need painted, has been painted. When you do not promise to put right the mistakes your men have made within two weeks, I will go to my lawyer. Yours sincerely, Cecil J. Trubshaw VI. 智力测试（IQ） 96. eggs revolved 97. 44 minutes （12 noon less 44 minutes = 11:16 11:16 less 48 minutes = 10:28 9 a.m. plus 88 minutes（44× 2）= 10:28） 98. ABSOLUTE MAJORITY 99. Mary 16, George 17, Alice 24, Stephen 56, Claire 71 100. hand: second hand, handsome 86. 87. 88. 89. 90. 91. 92. 93. 94. 95. complaints would the/a after annoyed been it painting If √
copyright ©right 2010-2020。