1. It is said _______ Dr Green will come to our school. A. that B. what C. why D. which 2. I got very angry with ______ she said. A. what B. which C. that D. all what 3.
Let me think of a proper situation _____ this idiom can be used. A. that B. which C. where D. at where 4. She is very good at maths, ______ everybody knows. A. that B. who C. as D. whose 5. I was about to go to bed ______ the door bell rang. A. while B. when C. as D. and 6. We want to go to Beijing, ______ has more beautiful parks than Shanghai. A. who B. whose C. that D. which 7. He won’t believe it ______ he sees it with his own eyes. A. after B. that C. until D. as soon as 8. It looks ______ we are going to have a sunny day. A. that B. as if C. as D. like 9. _____ he worked all day, he couldn’t finish the work. A. Though B. When C. Even D. Because 10. This is ______ the river has been polluted. A. that B. whether C. what D. why 11. _____ he is living now is not known to anybody. A. Whether B. In where C. Wherever D. When 12. This is all _____ I know about the matter. A. which B. what C. whether D. that 13. It was already eight o’clock _____ we got home. A. until B. since C. when D. while 14. You are always welcome, _____ you call on me. A. whichever B. whoever C. whenever D. whatever 15. The family with ______ I stayed in London are coming to China. A. which B. whose C. whom D. that 16. China has many rivers, _____ the Changjiang River is the longest. A. which B. among which C. one of which D. that 17. The reason _____ I can’t come is _____ I have to work late. A. why; that B. why; because C. that; why D. which; because 18. He wrote a letter, telling me everything _____ he saw on the way to Guangzhou. A. where B. that C. to which D. what 19. Do you know who is living in that house _____ windows face south? A. which B. its C. whose D. which of 20. ______ makes you think _____ I’m unfair? A. Which; that B. What; if C. That; if D. What; that 21. _____ was said here must be kept secret. A. that B. Whichever C. Whatever D. However
22. My idea is _____ we should get more people to do the work. A. that B. which C. why D. what 23. He often went to see his father during those days _____ he stayed in hospital. A. that B. when C. where D. on that 24. _____ you’ve written the article in English will surprise your teacher. A. Who B. What C. When D. That 25. The woman _____ my brother spoke just now is my teacher. A. who B. whom C. to whom D. that 26. The man is not _____ he was thought to be. A. that B. what C. who D. whom 27. This is the place ____ I’ve long wanted to visit. A. in where B. which C. as D. what 28. Is there a shop around ______ we can get fruit? A. which B. on which C. where D. that 29. Trees must be planted _____ there is a lot of sunlight. A. which B. on which C. where D. that 30. I’ll leave him a note _____ he’ll know _____ we are. A. that; where B. so that; where C. in order; if D. so that; when 31. There isn’t such a word in English _____ I know. A. as soon as B. so far as C. as long as D. so that 32. _____ ants grow, they change their forms three times. A. Before B. As soon as C. While D. Until 33. You may lie _____ the grass is the thickest. 你可以躺草地上前线。 A. where B. unless C. when D. that 34. Do _____ the teacher told you. A. that B. as C. as if D. which 35. How long is it ______ I saw you last? A. unless B. whether C. when D. since 36. It was _____ he was ill _____ he didn’t go with us. A> as; when B. because; why C. because ; that D. since; that 37. You can go out, _____ you promise to be back before eleven. A. as long as B. unless C. because D. till 38. His classmates no longer laughed at him _____ they used to. A. like B. as C. as though D. as if 39. He almost knocked me down _____ he saw me. A. hardly B. until C. before D. as soon as 40. _____ you have made up your mind, you should act. A. that B. However C. Now that D. Whenever 41．We’ll put off the outing until next week, _____ we won’t be so busy. A. which B. as C. when D. that 42. That’s the only thing _____ we can do now. A. that B. which C. what D. all that 43. this is the house in _____ my grandfather once lived. A. where B. which C. that D. whom 44. He makes good use of the time _____ he can spare. A. that B. when C. in which D. what
45. That is _____ we decided to put the concert off. A. as B. what C. why D. that 46. I wonder ______ it is true or not. A. whether B. what C. that D. why 47. All the books are here. You may borrow _____ you like. A. how B. that C. what D. whichever 48. The news _____ we had won in the match excited us all. A. that B. where C. which D. whose 49. _____ will teach us English next term is still unknown. A. Whom B. Which C. Who D. What 50. _____ had I got to the bus stop _____ the bus left. A. No sooner, when B. No sooner; than C. hardly; than D. Just; when 51. I don’t like the way _____ you laughed at her. A. which B. where C. in that D. / 52. I’m anxious to have the same dictionary ____ you bought the other day. A. which B. as B. like D. what 53. I still remember the days _____ I studied in this school. A. when B. how C. where D. what 54. Do you remember _____ he came? Yes, I do. He came by car. A. how B. when C. that D. if 55. _____ leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights. A. Anyone B. Person C. Whoever D. Who 56. _____ he comes, we won’t be able to go. A. Without B. Unless C. Except D. Even 57. _____ you have already known it, I don’t want to say it again. A. Because of B. So that C. Since D. When 58. Child _____ he is, he knows a lot of English. A. as B. when C. because D. if 59. The story is less interesting _____ expected. A. when B. so C. as D. than 60. _____ what happens, we must carry out the orders. A. If B. When C. All D. No matter Key: 1---5 AACCB 21---25CABDC 41---45 CABAC
6---10 DCBAD 26---30 BBCCB 46---50 ADACB
11---15 ADCCC 31---35 BCABD 51---55 DBAAC
16---20 BABCD 36---40 CABCC 56---60 BCADD
1. _____ is known to the world, China’s Liu Xiang became the first Asian in history to win the men’s 110m hurdles at the Olympic Games. A. That B. Which C. As D. It 2. Living in the Central American desert has its problems, _____ obtaining water is not the least. A. of which B. for what C. as D. whose 3. I don’t know the reason _____ you were absent from the meeting, but I am sure that someone will tell me the reason _____ you haven’t told me. A. why; that B. that; why C. because; which D. of which; that 4. When she came back from abroad, Lucy told us about the cities and the people _____ she had visited. A. that B. who C. where D. which 5. Because of the traffic jam _____ I was caught, I was late for the meeting. A. by which B. in which C. that D. where 6. There are three things _____ make Sydney famous ,its beautiful harbor, the Sydney Harbor Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. A. what B. that C. when D. where 7. The painter lived more than a decade in Europe, _____ he could be in close touch with other artists. A. where B. how C. when D. which 8. The soldiers had to sleep in their wet clothes, _____ most uncomfortable. A. which I think it was B. which I think was C. which I think D. that I think was 9. The humans are destroying nature day by day, _____ of course, will cause severe punishment from it sooner or later. A. who B. when C. where D. which 10. He knew the files could be of help to _____ took over the job. A. whoever B. whomever C. whatever D. whosever 11. _____ China got the second place in the 2004 Olympic Games made the whole nation very excited. A. Whenever B. Whether C. If D. That 12. An idea occurred to me _____ I might turn to my English teacher for help. A. which B. that C. where D. when 13. _____ was of little importance. A. Whether he passed the examination or not B. No matter he might pass the examination C. He might pass the examination D. What he passed the examination 14. The thick smoke covered the whole city. It was _____ a great black blanket had been thrown over it. A. that B. because C. as if D. even if 15. Word came from Mr. Smith _____ he could arrive on the following Saturday. A. about which B. that C. whether D. of which
16. It was the belief _____ Alex Haley could find his “root” in Africa _____ made him decide to go to Gambia. A. that; where B. where; that C. that; that D. how; which 17. I believe _____ you’ve done your best and _____ things will improve very soon. A. whether; that B. 不填; that C. that; which D. if; that 18. _____ was known to them that Bob had broken his promise _____ he would give them a rise. A. What; what B. It; which C. As; that D. It; that 19. _____ we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work. A. For now B. Since that C. Now that D. By now 20. I have been keeping the portrait _____ I can see it every day, as it always reminds me of my childhood in Paris. A. since B. where C. as D. if 21. _____ he was, he sat up late studying last night. A. As tired B. Though tired C. Tired as D. Tired although 22. --- Would you like a cigarette? --- No. It’s several years _____ I gave up smoking. A. after B. since C. when D. before 23. My favorite room is the tidy study with a fireplace, _____ we can watch TV and enjoy the nice scenery outside. A. where B. when C. that D. which 24. It is an interesting story and one can’t put it down _____ one has finished reading it. A. after B. when C. unless D. until 25. --- Will you go to Mary’s birthday party? --- No. _____ invited, I can’t go. I’ll be too busy then. A. If B. Unless C. Even if D. When 26. Actually, girls can be _____ they want to be just like boys, whether it is a pilot, an astronaut, or a general manager. A. wherever B. however C. whatever D. whoever 27. No sooner had they settled themselves in their seats in the theatre _____ the curtain went up. A. than B. when C. before D. as soon as 28. We’ll start off as we planned _____. A. no matter he will come or not B. no matter whether he will come or not C. whether is he coming or not D. whether he comes or not 29. To my delight, there was my purse in the back seat of the taxi, _____ the driver couldn’t possibly have seen it before. A. that B. which C. where D. when 30. They wouldn’t let their cat outside _____ it would get run over. A. otherwise B. supposing
C. for fear that D. so that 31. I’ll go to the party with you _____ you don’t wear those strange trousers. A. on condition that B. as soon as C. as though D. in this case 32. I like the city, but I like the country better _____ I have more friends there. A. so that B. in that case C. so as to D. in order that 33. The great use of a school education is not so much to teach you things _____ to teach you the art of learning. A. than B. rather than C. nor D. as 34. You may use my room as you like, _____ you clean it up afterwards. A. so far as B. as well as C. as soon as D. so long as 35. I shall take you back to France _____ you are well enough to travel. A. presently B. quickly C. directly D. immediately 36. Let’s talk all this over again _____ we make a final decision. A. after B. while C. before D. when 37. Mr. Smith wanted to buy the house and he told me that _____ the house cost, it would be _____ it. A. however; worth B. how much; worth C. whatever; worth D. what; worthy 38. --- Why didn’t you try your best to get on the bus? --- I tried to, but _____ I could it started moving. A. until B. when C. before D. after 39. Perhaps _____ most separates the successful people from others is _____ they live on purpose. A. what; that B. that; what C. that; that D. what; what 40. I had not been reading for half an hour _____ I heard steps outside. A. when B. that C. while D. as 41. The parents were worried about their daughter because nobody was aware of _____ she had gone. A. to which B. the place which C. the place D. where 42. --- They don’t have much in their house yet. ---_____ they’re planning to live here only until Bob gets his degree, they don’t want to buy much furniture. A. While B. Although C. Since D. As far as 43. It was an unforgettable moment for all the citizens this year, _____ in 20 years China’s women’s volleyball team won the Olympic gold medal again. A. that B. which C. when D. while 44. --- Do you know _____ Mr. Black’s address is? --- He may live at No. 18 or No. 19 of Bridge Street. A. which B. where C. what D. that 45. When you answer questions in a job interview, please remember the golden rule: Always give the monkey exactly _____ he wants.
A. what B. which C. when D. that 46. I’ll see you after the show and give you ＄20 for the tickets, or _____ much they cost. A. whatever B. whether C. no matter D. however 47. We should be able to do the job for you quickly, _____ you give us all the necessary information. A. in case of B. provided that C. or else D. as if 48. I felt somewhat disappointed and was about to leave, _____ something occurred, which attracted my attention. A. unless B. until C. when D. while 49. Determination is a kind of quality --- and that is _____ it takes to do anything well. A. that B. which C. why D. what 50. The treatment will continue until the patient reaches the point _____ he can walk correctly and safely. A. when B. where C. which D. how 51. Many policemen on duty will not be able to spare one minute to watch the football match, _____ they might only be meters away from the action. A. because B. although C. if D. where 52. After five hours’ drive, they reached _____ they thought was the place they’d been dreaming of. A. that B. where C. which D. what 53. _____ you keep on trying, I don’t really mind whether you can come out top in your class. A. So long as B. As soon as C. Once D. The moment 54. There is no doubt _____ China is always trying to keep world peace and against any war. A. that B. whether C. if D. when 55. There is a teapot shaped like a Chinese duck, out of _____ mouth tea is supposed to come. A. which B. that C. its D. whose 1-5 CAAAB 5-10 BCBDA 11-15 DBACB 16-20 CBDCB 21-25 CBACC 25-30 CADCC 31-35AADDC 36-40 CCCAA 41-45 DCCCA 46-50 DBCDB 51-55 BDAAD
copyright ©right 2010-2020。