2010—2011 学年大同市实验中学第二学期高二期中考试 英 语 试 题
1．本试卷分第Ⅰ卷（选择题）和第Ⅱ卷（非选择题）两部分，满分 150 分；考试时间 120 分钟； 2．答卷前，考生务必将自己的姓名、考生号、考试科目涂写在答题卡上； 3．选择
题每小题选出答案后，用 2B 铅笔将答题卡上对应题目的选项标号涂黑，如需改动，用橡皮擦 干净后，再选涂其它选项标号，答在试题卷上无效； 4．非选择题直接答在答题卡对应的答题区域内，答在试题卷上无效。考试结束后，只上交答题卡。
第 I 卷（满分 115） 第一部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 55 分）
第一节 单项选择（共 15 小题； 每小题 1 分，满分 15 分）
从 A、B、C、D 中选出一个能填入空白处的最佳选项。 1.---Which one will I choose? ---Well, you can take _______ of them; I’ll keep none. A. both B. all C. any D. either 2. It was a time_______ the killer whales helped the whalers catch the baleen whales. A. when B. that C. then D. which 3.Let’s _______ our personal feelings for now, and get to our business. A. set up B. set off C. set about D. set aside 4.Nobody wants to___________ especially in public. A. make fun of B. be made fun of C. making fun of D. made fun of 5. We visited the factory ________ makes 80 percent of the toys in the city. A. where B. there C. in which D. which 6.—I' m sorry, but I didn’t mean__________ out your secret. —But you know, letting out one's secret means________ one' s feelings. A. to let; to hurt B. letting; hurting C. to let; hurting D. letting; to hurt 7. When we climbed up to the top of the mountain, we were all ___________. A. out of the breath B. short of the breath C. out of breath D. short of breaths 8. Wang Gang is considering buying a computer, is considered to be a great help in our work and study. A. as B. which C. that D. what 9. Robert is said ____ abroad, but I don’t know what country he studied in. A. to have studied B. to study C. to be studying D. to have been studying 10．He has devoted himself __ mankind. A. to benefit B. benefiting C. to benefiting D. benefited 11.—Mike, our team will play against the Rockets this weekend. I am sure we will win. —_________. A. Congratulations B. Cheers C. Never mind D. Good luck 12. The professor explained this theory so clearly that this phenomenon was easy enough ________.
A. for us to work out B. working out C. for working out D. to working out 13. They desired that they_______ the right to vote. A. had B. have C. are D. were 14.Though I have no idea _______ the new film is about, I know it is popular with all who have seen it. A. whether B. why C. that D. what 15. The reason ___ he can’t come is ______ he has to work late. A. because; that B. that; that C. why; that D. why; because 第二节完形填空 （共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后所给各题的四个选项（A、B、C、和 D）中，选出可以填入空 白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑 Once upon a time there lived an old man in a nice cottage with a large garden. The old man was seen 17 16 his flowers all the time. They were so well-tended that every passer-by could not but
for a glance. One day a young man went by the garden. He gazed at the splendid garden, 18 in
admiration at the beauty of these sceneries. Then, suddenly he 20 21 23 can
the old gardener was blind.
, the young man asked, “Why are you busy tending these flowers every day which you can’t in fact?” The old man smiled and answered that “ I can tell you 22 reasons. First I was a
when I was young, and I really like this job. Second, although I can’t see these flowers, yet I 24 them. Third，I can smell sweetness of them. As to the last one, that’s “Me? But you don’t know me,” responded the young man “Yeah, it’s 27 26 . 25 .
that I don’t know you. But I know everyone knows flowers and would never 29 . In
them down. I know the beauty of my garden will get many people into a good 30
the meantime, it also
a chance to me to have a word with you here and to enjoy the
happiness these flowers have brought us.” The old man’s minds so as to make 31 33 astonished me. The blind man grows flowers and 32 them as a link of
enjoy the sunshine in spring. Isn’t it one kind of happiness？ 34 with which they can see the kindness of the man’s heart. The 35 to see the beauty of blossoming（开花）, he
I believe every flower has
blind man grows flowers in his heart. Though surely can hear the voice of it, I suppose. （ ）16. A. loving B. watering
（ （ （ （ （ （ （ ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( (
）17. A. stop ）18. A. kept ）19. A. realized ）20. A. Excited ）21. A. feel ）22. A. one ）23. A. gardener ) 24. A. taste ) 25. A. it ) 26. A. with pleasure ) 27. A. true ) 28. A. put ) 29. A. mind ) 30. A. introduces ) 31. A. words ) 32. A. treats ) 33. A. anybody ) 34. A. ears ) 35. A. refusing
B. stay B. dropped B. noticed B. Frightened B. see B. two B. teacher B. plant B. me B. in surprise B. possible B. turn B. life B. offers B. behavior B. acts B. somebody B. soul B. trying
C. live C. fallen C. felt C. Shocked C. hear C. three C. farmer C. touch C. them C. with hope C. a pity C. get C. future C. stands C. story C. works C. everybody C. eyes C. pretending
D. run D. lost D. thought D. Satisfied D. eat D. four D. painter D. appreciate D. you D. in anger D. a shame D. knock D. mood D. leaves D. attitudes D. serves D. nobody D. heart D. failing
第二部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题，每小题 3 分，共 60 分） 第一节 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项， 并在答题上将该项涂黑。 A I arrived at my mother’s home for our Monday family dinner. The smells of food flew over from the kitchen. Mother was pulling out quilt(被子)after quilt from the boxes, proudly showing me their beauties. She was preparing for a quilt show at the Elmhurst Church. When we began to fold and put them back into the boxes, I noticed something at the bottom of one box. I pulled it out. “What is this?” I asked. “Oh?” Mom said, “That’s Mama’s quilt.” I spread the quilt. It looked as if a group of school children had pieced it together; irregular
designs, childish pictures, a crooked line on the right. “Grandmother made this?” I said, surprised. My grandmother was a master at making quilts. This certainly didn’t look like any of the quilts she had made. “Yes, right before she died. I brought it home with me last year and made some changes,” she said. “I’m still working on it. See, this is what I’ve done so far.” I looked at it more closely. She had made a crooked line straight. At the center of the quilt, she had stitched(缝) a piece of cloth with these words: “My mother made many quilts. She didn’t get
all lines straight. But I think this is beautiful. I want to see it finished. Her last quilt.” “Ooh, this is so nice, Mom,” I said. Zxxk It occurred to me that by completing my grandmother’s quilt, my mother was honoring her own mother. I realized, too, that I held in my hands a family treasure. It started with the loving hands of one woman, and continued with the loving hands of another. 36. Why did the author go to mother’s home? A. To see her mother’s quilts. C. To get together for the family dinner. B. To help prepare for a show. D. To discuss her grandmother’s life.
37. The author was surprised because __________________. A. the quilt looked very strange. C. the quilt was the best she had seen. B. her grandmother liked the quilt. D. her mother had made some changes
38. The underlined word “crooked” in the passage most probably means __________ . A. unfinished B. broken C. bent D. unusual
39. Which of the following would be the best title for the passage? A. Quilt Show B. Mother’s Home C. A Monday Dinner D. Grandmother’s Quilt B When I was a child, I often dreamed of the time when I could leave home and escape to the city. We lived on a farm, in the winter especially, we wear quite out off from the outside world. As soon as I left school, I packed my bags and moved to the capital. However, I soon discovered that one big disadvantage is money. It costs so much to go out, not to mention basics like food and housing. Another disadvantage is pollution. I suffer from asthma(哮 喘), and the air is so bad that I am afraid to go outside. Then there is the problem of traveling
round. Although I have a car, I seldom use it became of the traffic jams. One choice is to go by bicycle, but that can be quite dangerous. Of course there are advantages. First, there is so much to do in the city, whatever you tastes in culture or entertainment(娱乐活动). Besides, there are wonderful jobs and greater chances of moving to a more important job or position. Finally, if you like shopping, the variety of goods is very surprising --- and , what is more, shops are often only a short walk away. Is life better then, in the city? Perhaps it is , when you are in your teens(十几岁)or twenties. However, as you get older, and especially if you have small children, the peace of the countryside may seem preferable. I certainly hope to move back there soon. 40. What was the writer always thinking about when he was a child ? A. Staying on the farm. C. Leaving home for the city. B. Moving to the countryside. D. Running away from the school.
41. Which of the following is true about the writer? A. He is very old now. C. He prefers driving a car. B. He is in good health. D. He lives in the city now.
42. In the passage, the writer tries to __________. A. express his opinions about way of life C. an interest in the outside world 43. How is the passage mainly developed? A. By inferring. B. By comparing. C. By listing examples. D. By discussing. C In the future your automobile（汽车） will run on water instead of gas! You will be able to buy a supercomputer that fits in your pocket! You might even drive a flying car! For each prediction that has come true today, several others have missed by a mile. Many of these predictions didn’t consider how people would want to use the technology, or if people really needed it in their lives or not. Let’s look at some predictions from the not-too-distant past. Robot Helpers Where’s the robot in my kitchen? Nowhere, of course. And he’s probably not coming anytime soon. Robots do exist today, but mostly in factories and other manufacturing environments. B. describe his life in the countryside D. persuade the reader to live in the city
Back in the 1950s, however, people said that by now personal robots would be in most people’s homes. So why hasn’t it happened? Probably because robots are still too expensive and clumsy. And
maybe the idea of robots cooking our dinners and washing our clothes is just too weird. At home we seem to be doing fine without them. Telephones of Tomorrow In 1964 an American company introduced the video telephone. They said by the year 2000 most people would have a video phone in their homes. But of course the idea hasn’t caught on yet. Why? The technology worked fine, but it over—looked something obvious: people’s desire for privacy（隐私）. Would you want to have a video phone conversation with someone after you just step out of the shower （淋浴） Probably not---it could be embarrassing! Just because a technology ? available doesn’t always mean people will want to use it. And finally, how about that crazy prediction of the flying car? It’s not so crazy anymore! But a flying car remains one of the most fascinating technology ideas to capture our imagination. Keep watching the news, or perhaps the sky outside your window, to see what the future will bring. 44. The whole passage is mainly about ________________. A. predictions that have come true. B. predictions that haven’t come true.
C. why predictions don’t come true easily. D. what technology will bring about. 45. The author of this passage won’t believe that _________________. A. predictions needn’t consider people’s practical use of technology. B. the future isn’t always easy to guess. C. not all past predictions have come true. D. many of the high—tech things our parents thought we’d be using by now simply never appeared. 46. The underlined word “weird” probably means __________. A. wonderful B. stupid C. practical D. strange
47. What does the author think of the flying car? A. It is too difficult to imagine. C. It is likely to be made. B. It is too crazy an idea. D. It is often reported in the news.
D Opening week specials（大特惠） at Munchies Food Hall. At the corner of Green and Brown Streets in the city Monday 7th of January until Sunday.13rd of January 2008 Feast until you’re full! Come down to Monetizes time week to enjoy the special dishes on offer it all of our food outlets. Order from the following: ●Succulent chicken rice ●Delicious noodle dishes Zxxk ●seafood specialties ●sweet tropical fruit ●spicy stays beef ●plump porky chips ●crunchy vegetables
10％ discount on all orders above ＄20.00
Halal food（清真食品） is available at the stall.
Malay Mood Heaven
Win Prizes and Gifts! Spend ＄20.00 or more and win instant prizes from our lucky draw box. Collect a free party balloon and whistle for each young diner. Enjoy a free meal if you are the first customer of the day at any of our stalls. Win a holiday to Western Australia. A free raffle ticket （彩劵） is given with every receipt （收据）Just fill in your information and place . your entry in the box provided. Winner to be announced in The Strait Times on the 15th of January. Join in the Fun! Between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm each evening until the 15th of January, your favorite Channel 3 television actors and singers will entertain you: ●May Lee ●Kim Yap ●Jackie Chen ● Kamala
Autograph sessions will follow each performance! And who will be our extra special mystery star? Come down on Saturday at noon to find out. 48. Munchies Food Hall does NOT sell ____.
49. Everyone who eats at Munchies will receive a ______. A. free raffle ticket C. free meal B. lucky draw coupon D. balloon and whistle
50. I will find out who has won the top to Western Australia when I ______. A. watch Channel 3 television B. come down to Munchies at noon C. read The Straits Times on the 5th of January D. attend the lucky draw at Munchies Food Hall 第二节 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余 选项。 E What should you think about in trying to find your career（职业）? You are probably better at some school subjects than others. 51 A boy who is good at mathematics can use that in an engineering career. 52 So it is important to do well at school. On the other hand, you may not have any specially strong or weak subjects but your records show a general satisfactory standard. 53 Knowledge of history is not required for most jobs but if history is one of your good subjects you will have learned to remember facts and details. This is an ability that can be useful in many jobs. 54 If nothing else, you may have learned how to get to work on time, to follow instructions and to get on with older workers. Just as important, you may become interested in a particular industry or career you see from the inside in a part-time job. Facing your weak points is also part of knowing yourself. 55 Your school record, for instance, may not be too good, yet it is an important part of your background. You should not be apologetic about it but instead recognize that you will have a chance of a fresh start at work. A. He may do well in his future work. B. It is better to face any weaknesses than to pretend they do not exist. C. Although not all subjects can be used directly in a job, they may have indirect value. D. These may show strengths（优势） that you can use in your work. E. Your school must have taught you the skills. F. A girl who spells well and likes English may be good at office work. G. If you have had a part-time job on Saturday or in the summer, think what you gained from it. 第 II 卷（35 分） 第三部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（^）,并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词；每行不超过两处错误； 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 June 12, Sunday Today is Sunday. I didn’t get up early as usually. In the morning after I finished my homework, I do some washing. Then I telephoned one of my classmate and invited him to see a film. And unfortunately, when we got to the cinema at 3:00pm, we found all the tickets had been sold out. Then we went back school and played the football. After this, when we are about to go home, we saw our English teacher, Mr. Wang, coming into the school gate. He told us we had made great progress on English this term. He also suggested that we would read more and write more. We promised him that we would take her advice. 第二节 书面表达（共 25 分） 假设你是一名高中生，名叫李华，自认为符合 2010 年上海世博招聘志愿者的条件，请 用英语写一封自荐信。内容如下表： 姓名 李华 性别 男 年龄 18 周岁 身体情况 健康
自我介绍： 1、英语较好，可以用英语进行交流。 2、乐于助人，有奉献精神。 3、愿意参加必要的培训。 注意： 词数 100 左右。 参考词汇：奉献精神：spirit of devotion; 2010 年上海世博会：EXPO Shanghai 2010 Dear sir or Madam,
2010—2011 学年大同市实验中学第二学期高二期中考试 英 语 答 题 卡
第 II 卷（35 分） 第三部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第二节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（^）,并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词；每行不超过两处错误； 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 June 12, Sunday Today is Sunday. I didn’t get up early as usually. In the morning after I finished my home-work, I do some washing. Then I telephoned one of my classmate and invited him to see a film. And unfortunately, when we got to the cinema at 3:00pm, we found all the tickets had been sold out. Then
we went back school and played the football. After this, when we are about to go home, we saw our English teacher, Mr. Wang, coming into the school gate. He told us we had made great progress on English this term. He also suggested that we would read more and write more. We promised him that we would take her advice. 第二节 书面表达（共 25 分） 假设你是一名高中生，名叫李华，自认为符合 2010 年上海世博招聘志愿者的条件，请 用英语写一封自荐信。内容如下表： 姓名 李华 性别 男 年龄 18 周岁 身体情况 健康
自我介绍： 1、英语较好，可以用英语进行交流。 2、乐于助人，有奉献精神。 3、愿意参加必要的培训。 注意： 词数 100 左右。 参考词汇：奉献精神：spirit of devotion; 2010 年上海世博会：EXPO Shanghai 2010 Dear sir or Madam,
2010—2011 学年大同市实验中学第二学期高二期中考试 英 语 试 题 评 分 标 准
copyright ©right 2010-2020。