高一英语必修一 Unit2 知识点梳理
1. 重点词汇 official adj 官方的．正式的.公务的 voyage n 航行．航海 conquer 征服.占领 because of 因为 native 本国的；本地的 n 本地人．本国人 come up 走近，上来．提出 actually 实际上，事实上 base 根据 n 基部；基地，墓础 at present 现
在；目前 gradual 逐渐的.逐步的 enrich 使富裕；充实，改善 vocabulary 词汇.词汇量.词表 make use of 利用 使用 latter 较后的后平的； （两者中）后者的 . fluent 流利的.流畅的 frequent adj 频繁的．常见的 usage 使用.用法.词语惯用法 command 命令；指令；掌握 request 请求；要求 dialect 方言 expression 词语；表示表达 midwestern 中西部的.有中西部特性的 African adj 非洲的：非洲人的；非洲语言的 play a part ( in ）扮演个角色：参与 19. 学英语的人数 the number of people learning English
1. voyage/journey/travel/trip/tour 【解释】 voyage: 去国外或较远地方的海上旅行 Columbus succeeded in making a voyage to America in 1942. journey: 指较远的从一地到另一地旅行，距离较远，多指陆地 They will make a journey to Beijing by train. travel: trip: tour: 一系列的旅程，泛指旅游 (短途)旅行 为了公务、娱乐或教育参观多处名胜的旅行 We had six days’ travel by car. The Greens will take a weekend trip to the Great Wall. We will make a tour of Hainan next week.
【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). It is tiring to take a long _______ by train from Paris to Moscow. 2). The _________ from England to Australia used to take several months. 3). We’ll have time for a ______ to France next weekend. 4). We went on a guided ______ round the castle. 1. recognize/realize/know (1)recognize 指原来很熟悉，经过一段时间的间隔或别的原因后又重新认出来。 (2)realize 强调在经过一个过程后的了解。 (3)know 是延续性动词，指互相间十分熟悉、十分了解 [应用 1](1)Only after you lose your health will you ____________ the importance of health. (2)I've ________________ Tom for years. (3)I __________ him as soon as he came into the room 2. such as/for example/that is/and so on (1)such as 用于列举事物时常放在所列举事物与前面的名词之间， 且其后不用逗号，直接跟所列举 的事物，可与 like 互换。它所列举的事物的数量不能等同于前面所提的事物的总和，否则就用 that is 或 namely。 (2)for example 主要用于举例说明，其前后多用符号隔开。其位置比较灵活，可位于句首、句中或 句末(such as 只能位于所列举的事物之前)。 (3)that is 相当于 namely，它所列举的事物的总量等于前面所提到的事物的总和。 (4)and so on 对几个事物进行列举时，在说了其中的几个以后，用．..and so on 进行概括，说明还 有例子，但不一一列出了。 [应用 2] (1)My daughter studies four subjects in school, ____________， Chinese, maths, English and P．E. (2)Overcooking(烹饪过度), ____________， destroys many nutrients(营养素). (3)He can speak some other languages, ____________ French and German. (4)There are some books, pens, erasers ____________ in my bag. 3. especially/ specially 【解释】 especially 意思是“尤其，特别”，表达事物的不寻常或特别重要 specially 指为了某一目的，专门做某事 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). Our city is very beautiful, ___________ in spring. 我们城市很美丽，尤其在春天。 2). He came here ___________ to ask you for help. 他是专程来这里向你求助的。 4 a number of / the number of 【解释】 a number of 意思是“若干；许多” the number of 意思是“??的数目” 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). Today ___________ people learning Chinese in the world is raising rapidly. 2). ____________ books in the market are in English.
1. actual adj. 实际的 2. base n. 基地；基础 3. east n. 东方 actually adv. 实际上；事实上 base v. 以??为根据 eastern adj. 东方的；东部的 basic adj. 基本的
【练习】用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空 1) What did he _________ say? (actual) 2) The __________ cost was much higher than we had expected. (actual) 3）My knowledge of physics is pretty _________. (base) 4）She used her family's history as a _________ for her novel. (base) 5）This novel is ________ on historical facts. (base) 6）He is interested in ________ customs. (determine) 7) The wind is blowing from the __________. (determine)
1.official adj.官方的；正式的；公务的 You will have to get official permission to cut down the trees.你得获得官方批准才可以砍伐这 些树。 There will be an official inquiry into the matter.将对这件事进行正式调查。 【拓展】official 或 officer 两者都有官员的意思，但是所指不同 1， official 常指政府官员或行政官员 2， officer 常指身特定制服的官员，如军官或者警官等。 练习：我爸爸是军官，而他爸爸是政府官员。 My father is an________ in the army, while his father is an________ in the government. 2. voyage n.航行；航海；航天 The voyage from America to France used to take two months.从美国到法国的航行通常要花 2 个 月的时间。 例题：他们要进行横越大西洋的航行。 They want to______ ______ _________ across the Atlantic. 从水手辛伯达的几次旅行中，他学会了很多关于大海的知识。 From ______ _______ of the sailor Sinbad, he knew a lot about the sea. 3. native adj. 本国的；本土的 n.本地人，本国人 The women are native people.这些妇女是本地人。 Finally, she returned to her native land.她最后返回了她的祖国。 The panda is a native of China.熊猫原产于中国。 【注意】native 做形容词用时，只能做前置定语。 be native to 意为（动植物）是…特有的，原产于… The tiger is native to India, 这种虎产于印度。 4. actually adv. 实际上；事实上 （相当于 in fact/ as a matter of fact） He looked calm, but actually he was very nervous. 他看起来很镇定，实际上却非常紧张。 Perhaps I will stay up and watch the film. Actually, I think I will just go to bed. 或许我会熬夜看这部电影，不过我想我还是去睡觉吧。 【其他】actually adv.居然；竟然
He actually expected me to pay for the ticket.他竟然指望我给他付票钱。 actual adj. 实在的；实际的；实际上；确实 What were his actual words? 他到底怎么说的？ 5. base vt. 以…为基础 n.基础；基地； I based my hopes on the good news we had yesterday.我把希望寄托在我们昨天的得到的好消 息上。 This provides a good base for the development of new techniques. 这为新技术的发展奠定了良好的基础。 base sth on sth 以某事物为另一事物的根据或基础 be base on 以…为基础 on the base of… 以…为基础 an air base 空军基地 The story is based on facts.这个故事是以事实为基础的。 One should always base one’s opinions on facts.一个人的观点应该以事实为基础。 7. latter adj. 较后的；后半的；后者的 She lived a hard life in the latter part of her life. 在她的后半生，她过的很辛苦。 【注意】the latter (已提到的两者中的)后者，通常与 the former(前者)相对应 They are two choices for us. Many boys support the farmer, but I favour the latter. 注意区分 later 后来 。 词组 1. because of 因为；由于 thanks to 因为；由于 as a result of 由于…的原因 by reason of 因为 due to 因为，由于 owing to 归功于… Thanks to his help, I finished the task on time.多亏了他的帮助，我按时完后了任务。 I had to stay at home due to the weather.由于天气原因我只能呆在家里。 2.come up 走近；上来；提出 [典例] 1). The little came up to the stranger and showed him how to get to the police station. 小男孩向陌生人走去，并告诉他去警察局的路。 3). It is certain that the question will come up at the meeting. 这个问题在会议上一定会被提出来的。 5). I am afraid something urgent has come up. 恐怕发生了什么急事。 [短语归纳] come across 邂逅 偶遇 come about 发生 come at 向…扑来,攻击 come from 来自 come out 出版;开花；结果是 come up with 想出 come true 实现
come down 下来；传承 [练习] 用 come 构成的词组填空。 1). The hunter walked across the forest when suddenly a bear _______ him. 2). The magazine __________ once a month. 3). I wish you can ___________ to England on your holiday. 4). The engineers has ______________ new ways of saving energy. 5). They ___________ an old school friend in the street this morning. 答案: 1). came at 2). comes out 3). come over 4). come up with 5). came across 3. at present 现在，目前 1. present n. 礼物 adj. 在场的；目前的 vt. 赠送 [典例] 1). The mountain bike is a birthday present from my parents.这辆山地自行车是父母给我的生日 礼物。 2). I am afraid I can’t help you at present. 恐怕现在我没法帮助你。 3). In the present case, I advise you to wait. 按照目前的情况，我建议你等等。 I am afraid I can’t help you just at present ---I am too basy.恐怕现在我帮不了你，我太忙了。 [重点用法] at present=at the present time=now 目前，现在 be present at 出席；到场(反义： be absent from) present sb.with sth = present sth. to sb.把某物送给某人 【注意】present 作为 adj.“现在的；当前的”讲时，常做前置定语；而做“出席的，到场的” 讲时，常做后置定语。 He doesn’t know how to deal with the present problem. 他不知道则呢么应对当前的局势。 The people present at the meeting are advanced workers. 出席会议的人都是先进工作者。 [练习] 中译英 1). 所有（那些）在场者一眼就看出那个错误。 2). 这本书是哥哥赠送给我的。 [练习] 中译英 1). 简看起来比以前漂亮多了。 2). 雨下得比以前更大。 【拓展】：(1)引导让步状语从句的引导词还有 although, though, no matter when/what..., whenever, wherever, however 等等。 (2)as 也可以引导让步状语从句，但要把其表语、谓语或宾语前置，且前置的单数名词不 可以加冠词。 ①Even though you achieve great success in your work, you should not be conceited. 即使你们在工作中取得了巨大的成绩，也不应该自满。 ②Whatever you do, do it well. 不管你做什么，把它做好。 ③However hot it is, he won't take off his hat. 不管多热，他都不摘下帽子。 ④Girl as she is, she can go alone in the darkness. 尽管她是个女孩，她敢一个人走夜路。 [即境活用 1] (2007· 浙江)Many of them turned a deaf ear to his advice, ______they knew it to be valuable.
A．as if B．now that
1. usage n.使用；用法；词语惯用法 It’s not a word in common usage.这不是一个常用词。 Car usage is predicted to increase. 汽车的使用频率预计会增长。 【辨析】use 和 usage 作为名词，两者都有“使用”之意，但是用法略有不同。 Usage 做“用法”讲的时候，侧重某物的使用方法或惯用法，做“使用，利用”的时候，侧 重于事物的使用频率。 use 做名词用时，意为“用，使用，得到利用”，强调的是某物“被使用的事实或状态”。 current English usage 当代英语惯用法 land usage 土地的利用 I am not sure that is the most valuable use of my time. 我不能肯定我的时间这样安排是最有价 值的。 【例题】I don’t know the _____ of the world. The church was built in the twelfth century and is still in _____ today. usage use 2. command n.& v. 命令；指令；掌握 1). The officer commanded his soldiers to fire. 那名军官命令士兵们开火。 [重点用法] command sb. to do sth 命令某人做某事 be under the command of 由…指挥,由…控制 in command of 控制… be at one’s command 听任某人支配 have / take command of… 指挥… [特别提醒] command 后接 that 从句时要用虚拟语气 should(not)+动词原形， should 可省略 The general commanded that we (should) attack at once. 将军命令我们立即进攻。 [练习] 用适当的介词填空 1). For the first time in years, she felt ______ command of her life. 2). The army is __________ the king’s direct command. 3). The police arrived and took command ________ the situation. 答案: 1). in 2). under 3). of 3. request n.& v. 请求；要求 [典例] 1). Your requests will be granted. 你的请求能够获准。. 2). I requested him to help. 我请求他帮忙。 [重点用法] at the request of sb = at one’s request 按照某人的要求/请求 in request 有需求，受欢迎 by request 依照请求，应邀 request sb.to do sth.要求某人做某事(被动形式：sb be requested to do sth) request that sb (should) do 要求某人做某事 request 做动词，如后接从句作宾语，从句要用虚拟语气，谓语部分要用 should(not)+动词原 形，should 可省略
She requested that no one (should) be told of her decision until the next meeting. 她要求在下次开会之前不要告诉任何人她的决定。 【扩展】像 request /command 一样，其后的名词性从句的谓语用“(should)+ 动词原形” 的常用词有： 一个“坚持(insist)”； 两个“命令(order，command)”； 三个“建议(suggest，advise，propose)”； 四个“要求(demand，ask，require，request)”； ⑴ He requested me ________ (write) a letter of recommendation. ⑵ He requested that I ________________(write) a letter of recommendation. ⑶ The passengers _____________(request) to show their passports. [练习] 中译英。 1). 我是（特别）应你要求而来。 2). 请不要吸烟。 答案: 1). I came at your (special) request. 2). You are (kindly) requested not to smoke. 【辨析】 ask request beg 三者都有“要求”的意思，但是用法略有不同。 (1)若要某人做某事 ask 最通俗，最口语化。 (2)request 主要用于较正式的讲话和文字中，常用于通告中，多用于被动语态。 (3)beg 是以谦恭的姿态要求给予帮助，可以为“祈求” I asked her to shut the window. Passengers are kindly requested not to smoke in the car. 乘客请勿在车厢内吸烟。 He knew he had hurt her and begged her to forgive him. 。
2. recognize vt. 辨认出；承认；公认 [典例] 1). I recognized her by her red hat. 我根据她的红色帽子认出了她。 2). Everyone recognized him to be the lawful heir/as the lawful heir. 大家都承认他为合法继承 人。 [重点用法] recognize…by sth 认出或识别某人/某事物 be recognize…as sth 被承认某人/某事物是 recognize…to be 承认…是 recognize +宾语从句 意识到；承认 [练习] 中译英 1). 人们都承认他是他们理所当然的领袖。 2). 我认出他是我朋友的哥哥。 【辨析】recognize 和 know recognize 指你原来很熟悉，经过一段时间间隔或者别的原因然后又重新认出来，是短暂性 动词。 know 是延续性动词，指相互十分熟悉，十分了解。 I didn’t recognize the famous singer because she wore glasses. We have known each other for five years. 4. block vt. 堵塞；阻碍 n. 街区；木块；石块 [典例] 1). He lives three blocks away from here. 他住的地方与此处相隔三条街.
2). A large crowd blocked the corridors and exits. 人群把走廊和出口都堵死了 [重点用法] a block of 一大块 block out 堵住 block off 封锁；封闭 block up 堵塞；阻碍 [练习] 中译英 1). 他们在绕楼群散步。2). 大雪阻塞了所有通往苏格兰的道路。 答案:1). They are taking a walk round the block. 2). Heavy snow is blocking all roads into Scotland 重点词组 1.play a part (in) 扮演一个角色；参与 [典例] 1). She plays an active part in local politics. 她积极参与地方政治活动。 2). She played a major part in the success of the scheme. 她对该计划的成功起了重要作用。 翻译：中国在当今世界扮演着重要的角色。 __China is playing an important part/role _in the world today. [短语归纳] take part (in sth)参加, 参与（某事物 for the most part 整体上; 通常; 多半 the best part of sth（某事物的）绝大部分（尤指一段时间） for my part 就我来说 [练习] 中译英 1). 有多少国家要参加（世界杯赛）？ 2). 对我来说, 到哪儿吃饭都无所谓。 其他短语 2．ever before 从前 3．even if/though 即使 4．over time 长期以来 5 . in the early days 在早期 6. Believe it or not 信不信由你 7. a number of ＋N. 许多,大量. 作主语时, 谓语用复数. the number of ＋N. …的数量. 作主语时, 谓语用单数 A number of people have read this novel. The number of people here is 50. 重点句型 1. Believe it or not, there is no such thing as standard English. 信不信由你，(世界 上)没有什么标准英语。 (1)believe it or not 信不信由你。常在句中做插入语。 (2)no such thing 没有这样的事情。 such 与 all, no, some, any, few, little, many, much, several, one 等词连用时，应位于它们的后面。 ①Believe it or not, he refused to accept our offer. 信不信由你，他拒绝接受我们的帮助。 ②There is no such street in the city. 这城市没有那样的街道。 ③He said he didn't have time or made some such excuse. 他说他没有时间或别的诸如此类的借口。 [即境活用 2] (2009· 安徽)I’m amazed to hear from my school teacher again. ______， it is ten years since we met last. A．In a word B．What’s more C．That’s to say D．Believe it or not 2. with 的复合结构 [应用 3] (1)—Come on, please give me some ideas about the project.
—Sorry. With so much work ______ my mind, I almost break down. A．filled B．filling C．to fill D．being filled (2)John received an invitation to dinner, and with his work ______， he gladly accepted it. A．finished B．finishing C．having finished D．was finished (3)______ two exams to worry about, I have to work really hard this weekend. A．With B．Besides C．As for D．Because of (4)It was cold outside, the boy ran into the room ______ his nose red. A．to B．on C．in D．with
人教版高中英语必修二 unit2 单元测试题
第一节：单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 21. —What would you rather do this weekend, go to a concert or an art show? —_____ Both are exciting to me. A. Is that right? B. It’s up to you. C. That’s great! D. I have got that.
22. A fast-developing China has made a great _____ on the foreign guests. A. expression B. emotion C. impression D. instance
23. Plants need water and sunlight to grow well. _____, a healthy body requires a balanced diet. A. Formally B. Generally C. Similarly D. Scientifically
24. With more people _____ the traffic rules, our city is becoming better organized. A. respect B. being respected C. respected D. respecting
25. Mr. Smith spoke slowly and clearly to _____ all of us students could follow him. A. test B. be sure C. examine D. make sure
26. I really _____ your efforts to provide food and rooms for the homeless children. A. admit B. surprise C. appreciate D. enjoy
27. Professor Wilson likes to spend his spare time _____ the piano at home. A. practising playing C. practising to play B. to practise playing D. to practise to play
28. Just be a little _____. We are looking into the matter and you’ll get what you want to know later.
B. nervous C. serious
29. I’m afraid that the passengers will have to wait at the airport for another day, _____ the fog clears up. A. when B. unless C. if D. though
30. —I’m considering _____ to Qingdao for my holiday by train. —Why not try _____ by ship for a change? A. going; to travel C. to go; to travel B. to go; traveling D. going; traveling
31. I’m progressing in physics _____ the teacher’s well-organized teaching and exact explanation. A. because B. as a result of C. as D. as a result
32. —The streets become more and more crowded since most families own cars in my city. —It is true _____ my hometown. A. with B. to C. in D. of
33. Mrs. White prefers _____ some voluntary work in a local hospital, rather than _____ nothing at all day long. A. to doing; do B. to do; to do C. to do; do D. doing; to do
34. We feel relaxed with our teachers _____ we’d like to share views and ideas with them. A. when B. so that C. if D. even if
35. I have to admit you’re better than me in this subject but I’m _____ for I can work fifteen hours a day. A. more energetic C. energetic B. more enthusiastic D. enthusiastic
第二节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36-55 各题所给的四个选项（A、 B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项。 How many dolls can you stuff (塞) into a spare room? The 36 — 2, 300 —
comes from Gali Little and Katie Banman, both 11, and Katie’s 9-year-old sister, Sarah.
They know 37 they just did it. The girls weren’t trying to 38 it into the Guinness Book of World Records. They wanted to 39 Rita. “My mom and I were 41 the news and I saw a lot of children, and them had any possessions (私人物品) ... I thought they might 43 onto and to tell secrets to,” Gali said. Gali 44 her idea of collecting dolls with Katie and Sarah, who are friends as well as neighbors, and the project was 45 way. The girls started their 46 at their schools first. They also collected 47 in their neighborhood. The girls were very about 100 dolls,” Sarah said. When the three-week 49 time is over, the dolls are shipped to a charity group. It will then 50 the dolls to children still in shelters (庇护所) in hurricane-hit areas. 51 do the girls feel about kids having new 52 friends to hold onto because of their actions? “Proud,” the three said with one 53 . 48 at their success. “I had thought we would get only 42 of children who lost so 40 during hurricanes (飓风) Katrina and
a doll to hold
This story has a 54 ending in more than one way. Not only will thousands of kids be getting new dolls, but Gali’s mom now also has her spare 55 back. 36. A. group B. answer C. result C. unless C. put C. please D. question D. so that D. make D. wish
37. A. because B. even if 38. A. set B. keep
39. A. understand B. help 40. A. few 41. A. writing 42. A. none 43. A. get 44. A. shared 45. A. by 46. A. travel B. little
C. much D. lot D. reporting D. all D. collect D. discovered D. off D. study
B. watching C. hearing B. some B. buy B. told B. under B. trip C. most C. like C. gave C. at C. plan
47. A. clothes 48. A. strict
D. dolls D. careful D. holiday D. return D. What D. special D. voice D. beautiful D. room
B. surprised C. angry C. school C. send C. When
49. A. collection B. summer 50. A. pay 51. A. Why B. sell B. How
52. A. interesting B. friendly C. strange 53. A. hope 54. A. happy 55. A. yard B. smile B. bad B. house C. look C. scared C. bag
阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项。
A★ If there is one person who has left a deep impression on me, it’s my teacher Mrs. Pathak who was my class teacher for three years. In my childhood, how I wished I had a mother or a sister like her. One moment she could be tough (严厉的) and strict, another moment caring and compassionate (富有同情心的). She always encouraged us to tell the truth. For instance, if one had not done the homework, he need not lie. She allowed us to make mistakes, saying we couldn’t be perfect all the time, but we should try. Another thing she taught me early on was punctuality. She set a good example with her own behaviour. She was always on time, so we students tried our best to be on time. She surprised us with her sense of humour. Her classroom teaching was always humorous. After class, she talked to us and told us jokes. We really felt free to ask questions and Mrs. Pathak would give the answers. If she did not know — there had been some occasions (场合) — she would say so. We all then tried to find out the answers. Whoever came up with the answer was appreciated and given the due credit ( 应有的称赞). Now I sometimes wonder whether Mrs. Pathak was pretending just to encourage us to explore and find answers by ourselves.
56. According to the passage, which of the following is NOT suitable for describing Mrs. Pathak? A. Tough. B. Humorous. C. Compassionate. D. Careful.
57. The underlined word “punctuality” in the third paragraph probably means _____. A. being on time clean 58. The underlined word “so” in the last paragraph means that _____. A. the answers were not right B. she didn’t know the answers C. the answers were correct D. she would give the answers 59. In the author’s opinion, why didn’t Mrs. Pathak give the answers to the questions sometimes? A. Because she didn’t like answering the questions. B. Because she didn’t know the answers to the questions. C. Because she wanted the students to find them out by themselves. D. Because she thought the students knew the answers already. B★ In England, we look forward to our birthdays for 364 days a year! We invite special people to celebrate it with us. The Presents Presents are opened as soon as the children are awake. They can’t wait for the birthday presents later in the day! The Cards Friends and family send birthday cards. Sending birthday cards is a custom (风俗) that began in England about 100 years ago. The Party The birthday child will have a party to which friends and family are invited. Visitors to the party bring presents for the birthday child. The children play games B. being honest C. being patient D. being
such as musical chairs and pass the parcel (包裹). The Cake The birthday cake is decorated on a theme (主题). A candle for each year is lit and placed on top and the child blows out the candles making a wish. We don’t put objects inside the cake as stated on many websites. The Bumps (碰撞) It used to be traditional for the birthday child to have the bumps. Friends would hold the child by the legs and under the arms and lift the child up and down bumping them gently on the ground. The number of bumps given is the age of the child plus one for extra good luck. As this can be dangerous, clapping ( 拍手) is often done instead. The Sweets Some children do take sweets to school to share with their classmates on their birthdays. 60. In England, the birthday present is opened _____. A. before the child wakes up B. immediately after the child wakes up C. as soon as the child gets up D. during the birthday party 61. If Alice is celebrating her 7th birthday, how many bumps will she be given? A. Six. B. Seven. C. Eight. D. Nine.
62. Which of the following facts about birthdays in England is NOT true? A. All the children will receive birthday cards on their birthdays. B. Clapping is often done for the birthday child. C. Objects meaning good luck are usually placed inside the birthday cake. D. Some children may share sweets with their classmates on their birthdays. 63. What would be the best title for this passage? A. How birthdays are celebrated in the world B. Where to hold an English birthday party C. What to send when invited to a child’s birthday
D. How English children celebrate their birthdays C ★★ Change is a natural part of language development. The words you like to use are probably a little different from those that your grandparents used when they were young. A study carried out by a British company found that the use of e-mail has had a bad influence on the standard (标准) of written English. According to the research, computer users today are too busy to hit the “shift” buttons on their keyboards — e-mails are often written in lower case, that is to say, with no capital letters (大写字母) for names or the beginning of sentences. Spelling mistakes are generally accepted even in formal e-mails. And nouns are often used as verbs (e.g. Please bookmark this site). With the development of the Internet, e-mail and mobile phone messages, a new language has developed within just a few years — we call it Weblish. The latest Oxford English Dictionary has included many new words showing the changes in our communication culture. While some language experts are concerned (关注的) about the future of English and want to do something, John Simpson, chief editor of the dictionary says, “The standards may be different now but it has certainly encouraged writing and communication, which means a faster development of language change. There are a large number of words that either come from the Internet or have been given new meanings by the Internet.” 64. According to the research, people often write e-mails in lower case to _____. A. save time C. make fun B. show kindness D. be different
65. The second paragraph mainly tells us _____. A. the mistakes found in English e-mails B. the side effects of the use of e-mail C. the changes in English used in e-mails D. the reason why people use e-mails 66. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Spelling mistakes are not allowed in today’s e-mails. B. The Internet develops new words as well as new meanings to some old words. C. Weblish is only used in e-mails. D. We cannot find Weblish in a dictionary at present. 67. According to the passage, John Simpson probably agrees that _____. A. the use of e-mail stops the development of language B. mistakes in e-mails are very important to English C. everyone should learn to write e-mails in Weblish D. the Internet has brought great changes to English D ★★ When two people work together or help one another, they are partners. Sometimes two creatures that are very different from one another can be partners, too. The African honey guide (响蜜) is a small bird that feeds largely on beeswax (蜂蜡). Although it cannot get beeswax from the beehive (蜂巢) directly, it has a strange partner — the ratel (蜜獾), which is a small unpleasant-looking animal that lives in Africa and Asia. The ratel’s favourite food is honey. With its sharp teeth and long claws, the ratel can break open beehives. The honey guide and the ratel work together. The honey guide first flies around until it finds a beehive. Then it calls out its partner to follow. The honey guide leads the ratel to the hive by flying ahead of it. From time to time, the honey guide waits on a branch for the ratel to catch up. Both animals know their parts from birth. When the two partners reach the hive, the honey guide waits patiently in a tree. The ratel breaks open the beehive. It will reward (奖赏) itself by eating the honey and leave the beeswax for the honey guide. If a honey guide cannot find a ratel, it will fly to the nearest human being and lead the person to the beehive. Knowing that the reward will be the honey, the person willingly follows and plays the parts of the ratel. topic of the passage? 68. What is the main
A. Teamwork between different creatures. B. The best way to get to the beehive. C. The relationship between animals and man. D. How animals share their food. 69. By saying “Both animals know their parts from birth”, the author means the animals _____. A. know each other since they were born B. have the ability to find the beehive C. know how to share their food equally D. are born to know how to work together 70. We can infer that the honey guide gets its name because it _____. A. loves honey more than anything else B. can lead a ratel or a person to the beehive C. usually lives near the beehive D. is able to follow the bees to the beehive 71. The best title for the passage would be _____. A. Honey and beeswax C. Working together works B. Beehives in danger D. A helpful animal E ★★ It’s a too long story — 17 months to be exact — with an ending that’s short and sweet. Ruthie has, finally and happily, been reunited with her family. The story goes back to October, 2005. Ruthie, 8 months old, was sitting on the back seat of the family car when her owner walked hurriedly into a Long Island store. When Nancy Noel returned a few minutes later, Ruthie was nowhere in sight. Nancy Noel and her husband, Lincoln Werden, got in touch with Nassau County police, put up flyers (小传单) around their Manhasset neighborhood. But no sightings of Ruthie were reported. Until last week, that is, someone sent Ruthie to a Manhattan shelter after finding her walking slowly around the Bronx — 25 miles from where she was taken on that fateful October day.
And then, shelter workers searched Ruthie for a possible microchip (微芯片) — she had one fixed under her skin. It showed her family’s name and address. Ruthie was immediately reunited with Nancy Noel and her daughter, Sara Werden. “We never thought we would see her again,” said Sara Werden. “We were just amazed.” She’s no longer the tiny pup they last saw. In fact, Ruthie gained ( 增加) 10 pounds during her months away from home. She’s on a d iet now, and has already lost one and a half pounds. Ruthie also has a new friend to play with. The family had got another dog, named Holly, after losing the hope of ever finding their beloved Ruthie. 72. According to the passage, when did Ruthie get together with her family? A. In October 2005. B. In March 2006. C. In Feburary 2007. D. In March 2007. 73. According to the passage, Ruthie should be _____. A. a pet dog that Nancy Noel raised B. one of Nancy Noel’s daughters C. one of Holly’s sisters D. a police working for Nancy Noel 74. Which of the following shows the right time order according to the passage? a. Ruthie was sent to a shelter. b. Ruthie stayed outside a Long Island store. c. Ruthie was fixed a microchip. d. Ruthie reunited with her family. e. Shelter workers found Ruthie’s address. A. baecd B. Caebd C. bedac D. cbaed
75. Which of the following can be inferred according to the passage? A. Ruthie was stolen by a thief. B. Ruthie had enough food during the days when she was lost. C. Nancy Noel lost the hope of finding Ruthie. D. Ruthie had to put on weight after she was found again.
第一节：短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） It is over about 3 years now since I began studying English. 76. ______________ At first I found it very difficult. I couldn’t get most of sounds right, 77. ___________ spell words correctly and remember the rules of the grammar. 78. ______________ With the help of my English teacher and classmates, I have made 79. _____________ many progress. Now I am getting on well with my English study 80. _____________ Three years’ study have taught me that one can’t learn English 81. _____________ well without work hard. We should do more listening and speaking 82. ____________ both in and out of the class. At the same time, we must pay enough83. ____________ attention to reading as well as writing. Only on this way can we 84. _____________ get the best result in the short possible time. 第二节：书面表达（满分 25 分） 假如你是某校高一学生，今天，你们班的学生召开了讨论会，讨论好老师的 标准。请你根据下面提示写一篇短文介绍讨论情况。词数：100 左右。 提示： 1. 大家公认受欢迎老师的特征； 2. 你最喜欢的老师类型。 85. ______________
copyright ©right 2010-2020。