二 0 一二年武警部队院校招生统一考试英语试题 （士兵本科及士官高等职业技术教育） 本试卷共 8 页，七大题，满分 100 分，考试时间 120 分钟。本试卷使用答题纸答题，请 将所有答案写在答题纸上，试卷上作答无效。 一 单词拼写（共 5 分，没小题 1 分） 根据句意和结构，按照括号里的汉语意思，写出句中所缺单词的正确形式，每空只填 一词。 1. It wasn’t very
_______(有礼貌的) of you to serve yourself without asking. 2. He was discouraged at his ________(失败). 3. Last night, as soon as I fell asleep, I _______(做梦) I went to the moon by spaceship. 4. April is the _______(第四) month of the year. 5. So far, we’ve_______(成功) in saving thousands of people in danger. 二．选择填空（共 20 分，每小题 1 分） 从下列各题所给的四个选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 6. Our Chinese teacher told us______ interesting story and _______ story was Thomas Edison. A. an; a B. a; the C. the; the D. an; the 7. ---How far is it from the railway station to the hotel? ---It’s about _______ walk. A. ten minute’s B. ten-minute C. ten minutes’ D. ten minutes 8. How smart Mary is ! Of all the students in her class, she usually spends the ______ time and makes the _____ mistakes in her homework. A. least ; fewest B. least; least C. fewest; least D . most; fewest 9. Children need friends ______ their own age to play with. A. of B. for C. in D. at 10. I tried several jackets on, but ______ of them looked good. A. both B. either C. none D. neither 11. ______ of the land in that district ______ covered with trees ad grass. A. Two fifths ; is B. Two fifth; are C. Two fifth; is D. Two fifths; are 12. I often _____ the words I don’t know in the dictionary or on the Internet. A. look up B. look at C .look for D. look into 13. My father ______ on business for two weeks. He’ll return in three days. A. left B. has left C. has gone D. has been away 14. If you _____ talk about it with me ,please wait till I finish my work at hand. A. can B. may C. must D. should 15. His new boss required that he ______ at the office before 8;00 A. was B. be C. would be D. is 16.The people in town are very happy because a new hospital ______ in a year. A. has built B. is going to be built C. builds D. will build 17.Mike found his missing car in the street outside his house, _____ newly cleaned and polished. A. looked B. to look C. looking D. to be looking 18. Why not _____ your teacher for help when you can’t finish ______ it by yourself. A. ask; write B. to ask; writing C. ask; writing D. asking; write
19. There is not much news in this week’s magazine, ________? A. isn’t it B. are there C .is there D. aren’t there 20. I don’t like her face; _____, she smokes , which is something I hate. A. also B. instead C. however D. therefore 21.The days are gone ______ physical strength was all you needed to make a living. A. that B. which C. where D. when 22.I didn’t understand _______, so I raised my hand to ask. A. what my teacher says B. what does my teacher say C. what my teacher said D. what did my teacher say 23. Not only Mary but also her parents ______ singing English songs. A. likes B. like C. liking D. feels like 24. _____ was in 2009 _____ I graduated from the university. A. That…that B. It…that C. That….when D. It…when 25.---Could you look after my garden while I am away. ____________. A. With pleasure B. I agree with you C. Glad to see you D. That’s a good idea 三．阅读理解（共 40 分，每小题 2 分） 阅读下列 A.B.C.D 四篇短文。根据短文内容，从每题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项。 A． Because earthquakes happen without warning, it’s important to take steps now to prepare. Because you don’t know where you will be when an earthquake happens, prepare some supplies for your home, workplace, and car. 1. Water. A person needs at least 1/2 gallon of water daily just for drinking. Store at least 1 gallon of water per person per day and be prepared for a 72-hour period. It is suggested that you buy bottled water. Keep bottled water in its original container and do not open it until you need to use it. Also, do check the “use by” date. 2. Food. It’s always a practical idea to keep a supply of non-perishable(不易腐烂的) food on hand. Have an enough supply of canned food, powdered milk, dried fruits, non-salted nuts and canned juices for at least 72 hours. 3. Flashlights(手电筒) and spare batteries. Keep a flashlight beside your bed, at your place of work, and in your car. Do not use matches or candles after an earthquake until you are sure that no gas leaks. Prepare a battery-powered radio and spare batteries. Most telephones will be out of order, so radios will be your best source of information. 4. Clothes. If you live in a cold place, you must think about warmth. You might not have heat after an earthquake. Think about your clothing and bedding supplies. 26. Why should people prepare themselves for an earthquake? A. Because earthquakes can be known before they happen. B. Because earthquakes take place without warning. C. Because earthquakes usually take place in the neighborhood.
D. Because it’s people’s daily work to prepare the earthquakes. 27. About the prepared water, which description is RIGHT? A. A person should prepare 0.5 gallon of water for one day. B. You’d better use your own containers to keep water. C. You’d better open the bottled water when you buy it. D. You shouldn’t open the bottled water until you need it. 28. You should prepare all of the following except ______. A. powdered milk B. fresh vegetables C. dried fruits D. canned juices 29. According to the article we know that ______. A. we need to prepare some supplies only at home B. a telephone is the most important prepared thing C. flashlights but not matches are first used after earthquakes D. clothes are used to protect your head 30. If you live in a cold place, you should prepare _______. A. some warm clothes and bedding supplies B. some hot water C. some batteries D. some flashlights B. It was graduation day at the university where I work and a beautiful day quite unlike the first graduation I attended as a young professor. On that cold day years ago, as we watched the students walking into the hall, one of my colleagues turned to me and said, "Graduation will be one of the happiest and one of the saddest time of your life." At my inquiry(询问), he answered, "Because the students you have gotten to know have to leave." As years went by, my previous confusion（迷惑） about my colleague's words no longer existed. When I came across naughty students, I have had to rethink why I chose to be a teacher. It obviously isn't the money. Once a former computer science student of mine called me, asking me if I wanted to have a change. He was working at Nintendo Corporation. His salary was higher than my current one, though I have more education and have worked for over a decade. With my programming skills, he said he could get me hired. I thanked him, but declined（谢绝）his kind offer. A few days before this current graduation, while working on final grades, I found a note a student had slipped in with her homework. She thanked me for being her teacher and said the things she had learned in my class — not about math, but about life — would be things she would remember long after the math skills had faded away. As I finished reading, I remembered why I had become a teacher. Now, on this sunny graduation day, as I again observed the sea of blue hats and gowns, I did so with renewed dedication (奉献) and a deeper sense of satisfaction — I will always be grateful that I am a teacher. 31. Hearing his colleague's description of graduation for the first time, the author（作者） _________ A. quite agreed with his colleague B. thought it very funny C. was very puzzled （迷惑的） D. was very sad. 32. The computer science student called up the author because he_________
A. wanted to inform the author of his present job B. tried to persuade the author to work with him C. wanted the author to share his joy and satisfaction D. thought the author wasn't fit to be a teacher 33. The underlined part blue hats and gowns refers to . A. university colleagues B. life memories C. graduates' clothes D. decorations in the hall 34. The author wrote this passage to _________. A. express his strong love of being a teacher B. compare two different graduation ceremonies C. talk about the meaning of graduation D. give advice on how to be a good teacher 35. The reason why he earns less than the computer science student is that_________ A. he was only a young professor B. he didn't do well in his work C. he taught his students more about life than math D. salaries for different careers are different C 1990 was a significant year in world events．In February，Nelson Mandela was set free after 27 years in prison． October， In East and West Germany became one country again． Then at the end of 1990，the World Wide Web was born．For this final event we have one man to thank，Tim Berners Lee，the father of the Web． Berners Lee was born on June 8，1955 in London，England．His parents，both computer designers，encouraged him to think and work creatively as he grew up．He was an excellent（优 秀的） student and naturally took an interest in computers and science． After graduating from Oxford University，Tim went to work at a science research centre in Switzerland．There he developed some of the different systems that would later become the Web．The first was HTML，the computer language used to make web pages．The second was an address system that let computers anywhere find each other and send and receive information．In 1990，while still at the science centre in Switzerland，he put them together to make the first Internet browser．It could run on any computer and allowed people to creat website to share their information with the rest of the world． Tim knew that the more people used the Web， more useful it would be． wasn't interested the He in money but knowledge ， so he gave out his invention for free to anyone who was interested．Many were interested and the growth of the Internet began． Today Tim works as a professor at the MIT in America，researching new and interesting ways to use the Web．He has received many awards from governments and organizations for his efforts．He is still not very interested in money．That is why he is so admired by his students and workmates．It may also be one of the reasons that few people outside the world of technology know his name． 36 ． The underlined word "significant" (in Paragraph 1) most probably means "_________"． A．strange B．terrible C．important D．difficult 37．Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage?
A．The address system was used to make web pages． B．The World Wide Web was created in Switzerland． C．The first web browser was very expensive to buy． D．Many people could use the Internet before 1990． 38．What can we learn about Berners Lee from the passage? A．He was encouraged to be creative． B．He didn't do well at school． C．He is a very poor businessman． D．He is well known all over the world． 39．Where does Berners Lee live today? A．England． B．Switzerland． C．America． D．Canada． 40．What is the passage mainly about? A．The events that took place in 1990． B．The history of the Internet． C．The invention of the Internet browser． D．The man who created the Word Wide Web D Editor(编辑) Wanted Editor needed to direct the work of new music magazine. At least two years editorial experience needed. Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some overtime required. Send your personal information to: P.O. Box 213, Fairview, IN. 46243. Bank Manager Town Bank is looking for a bank manager to head its downtown branch (分行). A person with 5+ years experience. Working Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Mail to <email@example.com> for more information.
Teachers Needed Language Centre needs experienced teachers for its new English teaching program. PT/FT (兼/专 职) positions available. No more than 25 teaching hours a week. AM/PM changes. Teachers with background in computer skills preferred ( 优 先 ). Tel: 567-1243.
Nurses in Need Child Care Centre serves children from 3 to 6 years of age. It provides care five days a week, and is open about ten hours a day. It is in great need of nurses with the experience of guiding (指导) different activities such as indoor and outdoor games. Call 432-3745 or visit our website: www.vps.msu.edu/cfcr.
41. A person with __________ of experience is needed to head the bank. A. at least two years C. three to six years B. twenty-five years D. more than five years
42. You should work for __________ if you become an editor of the magazine. A. just nine hours a day C. about ten hours a day B. no less than nine hours a day D. less than 25 hours a week
43. If you want to be a teacher, you can __________ for more information. A. call 567-1243 C. phone 432-3745 B. mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org> D. write to P.O. Box 213, Fairview
44. You need to have the experience of directing different activities to __________. A. be an editor of the music magazine C. teach English in Language Centre B. head a bank branch of Town Bank D. work as a nurse in Child Care Centre
45. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage? A. Child Care Centre doesn’t provide care for children of all ages. B. Teachers are wanted to teach English in the Language Centre. C. One with computer skills will be preferred to head the bank. D. Your own information is available for the position of the editor. 四．完形填空（共 15 分，每小题 1 分） 阅读下面的短文， 掌握其大意， 然后从短文后各题所给的四个选项中选出能填入相应空 白处的最佳选项。
Mike Hayes proved he was smart in his first year at college. In 2007, 46 he was a student at the University of Illinois , he came up with an idea to 47 his tuition fee(学费)and college
costs problem. Hayes 48 everyone could afford to give him a penny. He wrote to Chicago Tribune writer Bob Greene. Hayes wanted each of the newspaper's Greene thought the idea sounded penny doesn't 51 49 to send him a penny.
50 and agreed to do it. "Just one penny," Hayes said. "A 52 is reading your paper looks around the
anything to anyone. If everyone
room right now, there will be a 53 under a seat, or on the comer of the desk, or on the floor. That's all I'm 54 A penny from each of your readers." In less than a month, the Many Pennies a penny, many 57 his
for Mike Fund(基金) had around 2.3 million pennies. Not everyone sent 55
even sent dollars. Money was 56 from every state in the United States. So, Hayes $28,000 target(目标) and went on to get 58 of Illinois.
for his degree in food science from the University
Perhaps the last 59 is best left to his father, Bill Hayes: "When Mike first told me about his 60 , I just laughed and said that I thought it was foolish-which shows you that he's smarter than I am." 46. A. before 47. A. solve 48. A. thought 49. A. editors 50. A. bad 51.A. buy 52. A. whose 53. A. newspaper 54. A. asking 55. A. only 56. A. taken 57. A. found 58. A. time 59. A. news 60. A. situation B. because B. make B. heard B. readers B. true B. mean B. which B. book B. writing B. almost B. borrowed C. while C. spend C. agreed C. managers C. relaxing C. show C. who C. dollar C. saying C. also C. searched D. if D. cause D. wondered D.writers D. fun D. pass D. whom D. penny D. doing D. over D. received D. missed D. lessons D. money D. study
B. remembered C. reached B. reasons B. word B. idea C. money C. gift C. problem
五．改正错误（共 5 分，每小题 1 分） 下面每个句子划线部分中有一项是错误的，请将错误项下面的大写字母（A.B.C 或 D） 填入答题纸的相应位置，并写出改正后的答案。 例句;1.He said that his failure did a lot of harms to his reputation. A B C D 错误项为 C,改为 harm
2.Although I know that I have to study a number of subjects to become a learned person ,but A B C there are two subjects to which I pay special attention. D 错误项为 C,改为 去掉 but 3.The young man refused pay anything and went away. A B C D 错误项为 B 改为 refused to 61.John came across his former classmate Bob in a bookstore and they so glad to meet each other A B C that they talked on and on. D 62.My sister saw a lovely cup when she is shopping the other day. A B C D 63.They want me to devote all my time to my studies so that I will get good marks in all my A B C subject. D 64. Since his family was rich than mine, he had more toys than I did. A B C D 65. They say it is too far that they will not see me for a whole year. A B C D 六．书面表达（共 15 分） 随着统考的临近，一些战士考生出现了各种生理和心理问题。因此，学会适度地自我放 松非常重要。请围绕“Ways to Get Relaxed”这一话题，按照下列要点写一篇英语短文。 要点:1.问题类型：学习焦虑，缺乏交流，担心成绩； 2.自我放松的途径：体育锻炼，与战友沟通，阅读励志故事等； 3.我更喜欢的途径及理由。 注意：1.短文写在答题纸指定的区域； 2.不得出现本人姓名，所在单位及省份； 3.词数在 100 左右，题目，开头已经给出，不计入词数； 4.参考词汇；学习焦虑 learning anxiety，缺乏；lack of ，战友 comrade-in-arms 励志故事 inspiring story Ways to Get Relaxed With the college entrance examination of CAPF drawing near, some soldiers who will take part in the exams suffer from problems both physically and mentally.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。