Welcome to the unit 1. a magazine article about school life 2. discuss daily school life with your partner 3. report your school activities to your class teacher 4.
make a poster for a new school club 关于学校生活的一篇杂志文章 和你的同伴讨论学校生活 将你的学校生活向你的老师报告 为一个新的学校俱乐部做海报 高中是一个发现,学习和辛苦工作的时间 6. the differences between the lives of Chinese and British high school students 中国和英国高中学生生活的不同 7. What is your dream school life like? Reading 8. Going to a British high school for one year was a very enjoyable and exciting experience for me. 9. 去英国的一所高中呆一年对我来说是一次愉快而令人激动的经历. 10. This means I could get up an hour later than usual as schools in China begin before 8 a.m. 这意味着我可以比平时晚一个小时起床因为中国的学校 8 点前开始上学. 11. attend an assembly 12. tell us about the rules of the school 13. the best way to earn respect 14. devote…to 15. achieve high grades 16. sound like 17. the average size 18. move to different classrooms for different classes 参加晨会 告诉我们关于学校的规则 赢得尊敬的最好的方式 致力于, 奉献给 获得高分 听起来象 平均规模 去不同的教室上不同的课 你梦想中的学校生活是什么样的?
5. High school is a time of discovery, learning and hard work.
19. I found the homework was not as heavy as what I used to get in my old school. 我发现家庭作业不象我在原来的学校那么重 20. a bit challenging for sb. 对某人来说有点挑战性 每天花一个小时的时间在图书馆读英语书 22. at lunchtime 23. e-mail sb. back home for free 24. an extra French class 25. on Tuesday evenings 26. hold a party 27. miss sth/sb. a lot 28. main meal 29. experience this different way of life 30. look back on 31. with satisfaction 32. get a general idea of 33. find certain information 34. scan the text for key words and phrases 35. word by word 36. first of all 37. introduce myself to you
21. spend an hour each day reading English books in the library 在午餐时间 免费给某人发会邮件 一节额外的法语课 每个星期二晚上 举办晚会 非常想念某人/某物 主食 经历这种不同的生活方式 回顾 满意地 获得…的总的意思 找到特定的信息 扫描课文找出关键词和短语 逐个单词地 首先 向你介绍我自己
38. at the weekend 39. surf the Internet 40. at assembly 41. think of sb. immediately
在周末 上网冲浪 在集会上 立刻想到某人
42. I didn’t realize how different schools in the UK are from schools in China until I read your article. 直到看了你的文章我才意识到英国的学校和中国的学校有多么不同. 43. What subjects do you like best or least? Word power 45. the quickest way to get to sp. 46. go straight on 47. go back to the dormitories 48. much more than you expect 49. a library with over 48,000 books 去某处最快的路 直走 返回宿舍 比你期待的多许多 有 48,000 多藏书的图书馆 12 个科学实验室可以用来做不同的实验 51. The indoor swimming pool is open all year round for students who like swimming. 室内游泳池常年对喜欢游泳的学生开放。 52. We make sure that we take good care of every student. 53. a modern medical center 54. experienced nurses 55. during break times 56. a lot of pieces of equipment Grammar and usage 57. in the same way 58. graduate from 59. speak very good Chinese 60. develop an interest in 62. display in the assembly hall 63. school open day 64. invite sb. to do sth. 65. make a speech about sth. 66. 30 minutes for questions and answers 67. miss the chance to do sth. Task 68. activities to be done 69. things to be achieved 70. in short form 71. save space 72. in several ways 73. speech on Chinese history 74. fire prevention 75. make decisions/a decision 76. make comparisons 要进行的活动 要实现/完成的事情 以缩略形式 节省空间 以几种方式 关于中国历史的演讲 消防 作决定 作比较
44. What subjects would you like to take if you could choose?
50. Twelve science labs are available for different experiments.
一个现代化的医疗中心 有经验的护士 在课间休息的时间 许多件设备 以相同的方式 从…毕业 讲很好的中文 养成对….的兴趣 在集会大厅中展出 学校开放日 邀请某人做某事 做关于…的演讲 39 分钟的问答时间 错过做….的机会
61. He donate most of them to our school. (donate sth. to sb.) 他把当中大多数都捐给了学校.
77. have more choices 78. order a copy 79. on the back/front cover 80. compare your class timetable with the programme 81. in a public place 82. make your notice clear and attractive 83. Thank you for your kind attention Project 84. read the outline 85. be run by the students 86. approve the idea
有更多的选择 订购一本书 在封底/面 将你的时间表和方案对比 在公共场合 使你的通知清楚引人 感谢你的关注 阅读提纲 由学生管理 同意了这个想法 一些老师要我们播出的特别信息
87. some special messages that the teachers want us to broadcast 88. a special programme that tells students the things they should or shouldn’t do for preparation 一个告诉同学们在准备是考试时该做和不该做的事的节目 89. inform the parents of events such as outings and school plays 通知家长们关于远足和校园演出的消息 90. meet on the last Friday of every month 91. read sth. aloud 92. be required to do sth. 93. design a poster 94. advertise a new school club 95. vote to decide which to choose 96. come up with your own ideas 97. try to make it as attractive as possible 98. look over 99. give suggestions on its wording and design 100. sign up 101. win the competition 语法练习（定语从句） (B) 1. -- Why does she always ask you for help? -- There is no one else ____, is there ? A who to turn to A where A why his car. A why B she can turn to C for whom to turn D for her to turn B how B where B where C what C what C how D which D which D how (C) 2. The shopkeeper didn’t want to sell for ____he thought was not enough. (B) 3. You are saying that everyone should be equal, and this is____ I disagree. (B) 4. He was driving so fast as to get himself into a dangerous situation____ he is likely to lose the control over (A) 5. -- I phoned your home at around 9 yesterday evening. Why didn’t you answer it? -- Impossible. Oh, now I remember; it was ___ I was taking a bath. A when A how B which B why C where C that
在每个月最后一个星期五集中 大声读出 被要求做某事 设计海报 为一个新的学校俱乐部做广告 投票决定选择哪个 有自己的想法 尽力使它尽可能的吸引人 仔细检查 就它的措辞和设计给出建议 签名，签约雇用 赢得竞赛
D what D when
(C) 6. The biggest reason I like the rule is _____it sets a good example to young athletes. (D) 7. In experiments _____ young teens are allowed to sleep as long as they want, they tend to sleep an average
of 9 hours. A that woman on TV. A who A which; which A that 完成句子 1. Being caught in a flood（被洪水围困）is an experience. 2. I think the best way to protect the environment（保护环境的最佳方法）is to plant more trees. 3. Think it over and you’ll find it is not as difficult as you thought（不象你想象的那样难）. 4. Making an appointment with tomorrow sounds like（听起来）a romantic idea. 5. The most important thing we should pay attention to（我们应该注意的）is the first thing I have said. 6. The boy spent most of his spare time surfing the Internet（在网上冲浪）. 7. The man who is shaking hands with my father（正在和我爸爸握手的）is our headmaster. 8. You should have finished your homework 你本应该把作业完成的） （ before turning on the TV set, but I’m sorry you didn’t. 动词填空 1. How can you have the little boy standing (stand) outside the whole afternoon? 2. I remember being paid (pay) for the job, but I forget the exact amount. 3. She lets her son select (select) his own Christmas present. 4. You can join in the activities if approved (approve) by the teacher. 5. Much to our joy, the day we looked forward to came (come) at last. 6. Shanghai has developed (develop) into the center of Chinese industry in the past 20 years. 7. The new dictionaries are of great use. They sell well and have been sold out already (sell) 8. Missing the bus means walking (walk) home. I had meant to start (start) off early that day, but I was too busy. 9. When offered (offer) help, one often says “Thank you” or “It is kind of you”. 10. By the end of last month, the city had experienced (experience) three earthquakes. 11. The books donated (donate) to our school library added up to 5,000. 12. He told his secretary, “Keep me informed (inform) about what happens.” 13. I regret to tell (tell) you how I regretted not telling (not tell) you the truth. 14. He sent me an e-mail, hoping (hope) to get the further information. 15. Over a short span of three years the highest grade has been achieved (achieve). B that B which; that B why C with whose C that; that C which D with their D that; which D because (C) 9 It is the fact ___ he doesn’t know his own birthday ___ surprises us all. (A) 10. Nobody believed his reason for being late ____ his car broke down on the way. B what C which D where (C) 8. “ I’d like to give my thanks to those ____ help my son will be able to survive his terrible disease,” said the
copyright ©right 2010-2020。