? ? ? ? ?
11 （碎片）discovered in the southern India China is researching a new image of debris Ocean, potentially from missing flight MH370. Intern
ational rescue teams widen their search and more aircraft join the Australia-led operation. The search is focused on a vast and far area 2,500km (1,550miles) south-west of Perth, 00 Australia. Satellites had already spotted some debris in the area earlier this week, but planes have so far failed to track down the objects. The airliner with 239 people (including 154 Chinese) on board disappeared on 8 March after leaving Kuala Lumpur bound for Beijing.
15:44: Until the plane - or its remains - are found, relatives of the those missing people on a small hope against seemingly terrible possibility. In this feature, the BBC’s Alastair Leithead meets some of the families who tell him: “We cannot stand this situation.”
15:45: This concludes our live report of Saturday’s search for the missing flight MH370 some 2,500km south-west of the Australian city of Perth. Although today has given up no results, China says it has found out a new satellite image showing a large piece of debris floating in the India Ocean, which hasn’t been confirmed.
61. According to the key points, what’s the searching area for the missing plane? A. In the southern India Ocean. B. In the water area around Australia. C. In the water area in the southern pacific ocean. D. In the area 2,500km south-west of Perth, Australia. 62. How many passengers are there from China on the missing plane? A. 370 B. 239 C. 154 D. 393
63. What does the underlined sentence “We cannot stand this situation.” mean？ A. Some of the families cannot live in this situation. B. Some of the families cannot stand there for so long. C. Some of the families cannot bear all the terrible things. D. Some of the families cannot understand why it has happened. 64. According to the report at 15:45, which of the following statements is true? A. The reports are renewed every 2 minutes. B. The web page is shown on Saturday. C. China has found out the debris of the missing plane. D. The search is focused on a definitely limited area near Perth. 65. What’s the web page mainly about? A. People still keep on searching MH370. B. There’s a small hope to find out MH370. C. People are searching MH370 much more widely. D. What are happening to the missing plane, MH370.
where there is a will, there is a way
Nick Vujicic was born, without arms and legs, in 1982 in Melbourne, Australia. Nick faced all kinds of problems and troubles in his life. But he never gives up. Now Nick has his own speaking company: Attitude Is Attitude. And he has traveled around the world to give speeches. He shares with his audience the importance of imagining and dreaming big. He says attitude is the most powerful tool in the life and failure is just a learning experience. Mark Zuckerberg, the boss of Facebook, is only 28. In only 8 years, Zuck turned his small website into a world famous network. Zuck once wrote to his workmates, "We don't build services to make money; we make money to build better services"
Jeremy Lin's excellent performances in basketball courts attracted the eyes of both Americans and Chinese this year. Then what has led this young man to such a success? The following may help us understand it. 1. Believe in yourself; 2.Catch the chance when it comes up; 3.Find the system that works for your style; 4..People will love you for being yourself;
61. Attitude Is Attitude is _______. A. the title of Nick's speech C. an international organization B. Nick's company D. a machine that can speak
62. The following about Nick is true EXCEPT _______. A. Nick had no arms or legs when he was born B. He says people can learn from their failures C. He tells his audience to dream big and have vision D. He has never traveled around the world so far 63. Facebook is _______. A. a world-wide network B. Zuck's workmate C. a popular book D. Zuck's boss 64. From Jeremy Lin's success, we can find _______. A. one must have self-confidence C. one should try his best to follow others A. In a textbook B. In a guide book B. catching the chance is the most important D. one must keep the rules all the time C. In a magazine D. In a science report
65. Where can you most probably find the passage?
D To: Aggie@yahoo.com Subject: Help! From: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: 21/03/2014 10:02 AM
Dear Aunt Aggie, I'm having a problem with my classmate, Joan, at school. The other day I wrote an email to another classmate, Beth, in which I said something about Joan that perhaps wasn't very nice. Unluckily, when Beth was writing back to me, she sent it to email@example.com, which is Joan’s email address! Now Joan is really angry with me and won't talk to me, and Beth is unhappy as well. She has said sorry to me a hundred times already, but the harm is done. I feel bad, because I never would have said those things to Joan's face, but how do I get her to forgive(谅解) me? What should I do? Joe To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Some advice From: Aggie@yahoo.com Date: 22/03/2014 2:45 PM
Dear Joe, This problem is more common than you might think! Email is very useful, but also very dangerous, as you don't know where your message might end up! First of all, you should say sorry right away to Joan. Explain that it was a mistake, and that you didn't mean to hurt her feelings. It may take time for her to be able to forgive you, but that's up to her. Then you might want to do something nice for her. Perhaps send her some flowers to show that you're truly sorry. Also, you should remember that old saying:" If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at
all." And good luck! Aggie 61. If you have any problem, you’d better send an email to . A. email@example.com B. firstname.lastname@example.org C. Aggie@yahoo.com D. email@example.com 62. How soon did Joe get the reply from Aunt Aggie? A. In two days. B. In one day. C. In a week. D. In a month. 63. Why did Joe write the Email to Aggie? A. To ask for advice. B. To say sorry. C. To give advice. D. To say something unfriendly. 64. The underlined word “she” (the first e-mail) refers to________. A. Joe B. Aggie C. Beth D. Joan 65. What did Aggie suggest Joe to do? A. Joe, Beth and Joan should have a talk together. B. Joe should wait for some time before saying sorry to Joan. C. Joe should ask Beth to explain that to Joan. D. Joe should say sorry to Joan and then send her some flowers. (D) 61~65: CAACD
D School activities for kids and teens July is a month of fun-filled activities for kids and teens as long as you know where to find them. When you want some fun activities for July, consider these ideas happening in this month.
Secret of the Dragon Time Cost Monday, July 1, 2013 10:30 a.m. Adults: $ 7.40 Children (under 15 years): Bookings Address Note Phone the booking office: 3403 2578 Brisbane Botanic Gardens Secret of the Dragon is a magical story about two children who are taken on a dragon ride to expel the universe. The Search for Life: Are We Alone? Time Cost $ 8.70 Bookings Phone the booking office: 3403 7689 Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:00 p.m. Adults: $ 14.50 Children (under 15 years): half
Brisbane Botanic Gardens
Are we truly alone in space? Is there any life out there? These are the questions asked in this show. Magic Class Time Cost Friday, July 12, 2013 10:00 a.m. Free Please call 3403 8470 to book your place. Centenary Community hub, 171 Dongfeng Road Would you like to be a magician? Then join David, the magician, to learn about real magic with playing cards, coins, ring ropes and DIY projects and be able to become the life of the party.
Bookings Address Note
Science with Me: Making your own guitar Time Cost Bookings Address Note Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:00 p.m. Free Please phone 3403 1226 to book your place. 10, Egginton Close Do you want to make a guitar with Katy and her mom? Science with Me is going to be with you. Please remember to bring a piece of wood, a hammer, some rubber bands and some nails with you.
61. Alec is strongly interested in space life. He may go to _______. A. Magic Class B. Science with Me C. The Search for Life D. Secret of the Dragon 62. The Greens and their 10-year-old son want to watch Secret of the Dragon. How much should they pay? A. $ 22.20 B. $ 18.50 C. $ 14.80 D. $ 11.10 63. Rita plans to join Magic Class. She may learn a bout _______. A. real magic B. making coins C. magic stories D. holding parties 64. According to the text, making a guitar needs the things except _______. A. a piece of wood B. a hammer C. some nails D. ring ropes 65. What do the four activities have in common? A. They are all free. B. They are all weekend activities. C. They can all be booked by phone. D. They happen in the same place.
C B A
(D) Every school has a notice board. Let’s see what is on the notice board of an American school. ? ? ? ?
Fighting, saying bad words and all other bad behavior will not be allowed. Do not throw rocks, snowballs or sticks on the school grounds. Hand in a note or telephone to school if your child is absent for the day. Parents and visitors need to check in at the office when entering the school.
The after-school program will continue for the year 2014. The program will be open from 3.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. every day. ? 3.30-4.30 Piano lessons (Free) ? 4.30-6.00 Activities If you have any questions, feel free to call the school at 524-9752.
? ? ?
Testing Dates: The math testing is June 12-13 The science test is June 15 Parents meeting: The next parents meeting is on Friday, June 22 at 7.00 p.m. in the meeting hall. Homework: Please check the Homework Board at the school homepage to find your homework.
Report card about your school life and work will be given to your parents. Look at the marking key for your school work. MARKING KEY (评分标准) Goes beyond grade level standards 4 Meets grade level standards 3 Does not meet grade level standards, making progress Does not meet grade level standards, not making progress 2 1
61. According to School Rules, visitors have to __________ when entering the school. A. hand in a note B. call at 524-9752 C. check in at the office D. telephone the school 62. Students can attend After-school Program __________. A. from 3.30 to 6.00 B. from 3.30 to 4.30 C. from 4.30 to 6.00 D. on June 12-13 63. From __________, students can get information on the parents meeting. A. School Rules B. After-school Program C. Report Card D. Class Announcement 64. If Tony doesn’t do well at school but makes progress, he will get __________ mark(s) on the Report Card. A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4 65. Which of the following statement is true? A. The science testing is June 22. B. Students can attend Piano lessons for free. C. The parents meeting is in the dinning hall. D. Students can find their homework in their Report Cards.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。