Unit 1 Friendship 同步练习(一)
I．单词拼写(10 分) 1._________(少年) in some schools are driven to work hard at their lessons. 2. What a good piece of__________ (忠告 ) he offered me! 3. The teacher has
___________ (测验) the students on last week's work. 4. The politician is really in a dangerous s____ 5. C__________ with other countries was difficult during the war. Ⅱ．短语翻译(30 分) 6．与……相处；进展__________ 7．相爱；爱上__________ 8．参加；加入__________ 9．此刻__________ 10．扔掉；丢弃；抛弃__________ 11．测试；试用；参加选拔；试验__________ 12．擅长于__________ 13．一两个__________ 14．努力做……__________ 15．在……表现出兴趣__________ 16．恶劣的对待某人__________ 17．到处，各处，广泛地__________ 18．注意，当心；照料；指望__________ 19．不与某人为伴__________ 20．不注意……；不关心__________ Ⅲ．句型转换(10 分) 21. There was no difficulty for me with this problem. I had__________ trouble__________ this problem. 22. To master a foreign language is not an easy job. __________ is not an easy job__________ master a foreign language. 23. He has been in the army for ten years. He________ the army ten years ________. 24. He's quite interested in computer games. He __________a great __________ in computer games. 25. The good news has spread everywhere. The news has spread________ and ________. Ⅳ．单项填空(30 分) 26. It's hard for me to imagine what I would be doing today if I__________ in love, at the age of seven, with the Melinda Cox Library in my hometown.
A. wouldn't have fallen B. had not fallen C. should fall D. were to fall 27. Father went to his doctor for__________ about his heart trouble. A. an advice C. advices A. get over C. get along A. for C. about A. to C. in at all A. lonely; alone C. alone; alone others, less__________ himself. A. of; about C. of; over B. about; on D. about; in B. alone; lonely D. lonely; lonely B. advice D. the advices B. get in D. get through B. of D. on B. for D. at
28. Readers can__________ quite well without knowing the exact meaning of each word.
29. It's nice__________ him to offer me such valuable advice.
30. The boy quickly joined the crowd________ the dancing.
31. The mountain climber was________ in the high mountains, but he didn't feel________
32. Lei Feng, once an unselfish soldier in the PL A army, always thought more________
33. Stephanie developed a long-time friendship with a foreign man___________ enter his country easily to realize her dream. A. so that C. in order to B. in order that D. for to
34. The black American who had been treated___________ a slave was later regarded by all the blacks in American, ___________a brave fighter for freedom. A. as; as C. like; like A. borrowing C. bringing surprise for the party.
B. as; for D. as; like B. taking D. lending
35. Some people are good at___________ but bad at giving back.
36. John shut everybody out of the kitchen__________ he could prepare his grand
A. which C. so that
B. when D. as if
37. Friendship helps us understand__________ kind of people we are, why we need each other and___________ we can do for each other. A. what; that C. what; how A. will give C. must give B. what; what D. which; what B. would have given D. should have given
38. The tree is dead. I think I___________ it more water.
39. In order to gain a bigger__________ in the foreign mobile phone market, the phone makers tried their best to make their phones more and more useful. A. challenge C. adventure A. lesson C. speech V．阅读理解(20 分) A In my English as a second language class, I was explaining the difference between a watch and a clock. I told the students that when it was a large time—piece on a wall, it was called a clock. When it was worn on your body it was called a watch. A few days later we had a power outrage (突然停电), and our classroom clocks had not been reset. I asked Luis, who was wearing a wristwatch, for the time. Luis looked at his wrist, and then confidently announced. "It was exactly ten o'watch". How do you make foreign students believe that English isn't a strange language. 41. According to this passage, what do we know about the writer? A. The writer teaches foreign students English. B. The writer teaches native students English. C. The writer is not a native speaker of English D. The writer teaches at least two languages. 42. What does the writer think of Luis's answer? A. It is correct. B. It is puzzling (令人困惑). C. It is a clever answer. D. It is a mistake. 43. The writer leaves us with the feeling that________________ A. the usages (用法) of English expressions are easy
B. share D. choice B. text D. truth
40. The ____________ he was taught by the strong man is never forgetful.
B. the usages of some English expressions are strange C. some foreign students learn English in a strange way D. some English expressions are difficult to learn 44. The classroom clock was not working all right because__________. A. The clock was old enough B. The naughty boys in the class made it go wrong C. It needed repairing D. It was a power outrage that made it need resetting 45. The underlined word "confidently" most probably means__________. A. excitedly C. bravely B Mr. and Mrs. Gordon were sitting on the sand, reading their magazines. Mr. Gordon was too stingy (吝啬) to rent (租) a chair. Their twelve-year-old daughter. Sandra, was playing at the water's edge. Suddenly a huge wave lifted Sandra up and carried her out to sea. Luckily, a lifeguard(救生员) was on duty and he saw the wave carry Sandra away. He ran along the beach and dived into the sea. He swam quickly to where the girl, with her head only just above the water, was shouting for help. She was very frightened. When the lifeguard reached her, she struggled (斗争) with him, as drowning (快淹死) people often do. However, he was a skillful lifeguard and quickly took hold of her and swam with her back to the beach. By the time he reached it, Mr. and Mrs. Gordon had realized what had happened. They had run down to the water's edge, neither of them could swim. They just stood in the shallow water, and worried about their daughter. Had the lifeguard reached her in time? Luckily, he had. "That was quick work, young man," Mr. Gordon said. He turned to his wife, "Give the lifeguard a dollar. ""A dollar!" Sandra cried," dad, how can you give him a dollar! He saved my life. I was half dead. "" Quite right, girl " Mr. Gordon said, pleased by his daughter's awareness (意识) of the value of money. He turned to his wife again and said," She's right. She was only half dead. Give him fifty cents. " 46. What happened to Sandra? A. She ran into the sea. B. Her life was saved by a lifeguard. C. She was drowned. D. She died. 47. What did Mr. and Mrs. Gordon do when Sandra was carried out to sea by the wave? A. They shouted to the lifeguard. B. They dived into the water.
B. surely D. happily
C. Perhaps they were reading magazines. D. They offered the lifeguard money to save Sandra. 48. Why was Sandra angry with her father? A. He didn't give the lifeguard any money. B. He didn't swim out to save her. C. He didn't show the lifeguard hearty thankfulness. D. He gave the lifeguard too much money. 49. Why was Mr. Gordon pleased with her daughter. A. She was safe again. B. She was polite to the lifeguard. C. He thought she did not want him to give the lifeguard too much money. D. She gave the lifeguard fifty cents. 50. The underlined word dived in the fifth line probably means__________. A. hidden C. climbed 延伸探究题 51. I like___________ in the autumn when the weather is clear and bright. (NMET 2004) A. this C. it —_________. A. I guess not so C. I don't guess so B. I don't guess D. I guess not B. that D. one B. dared D. dashed
52. —The boys are not doing a good job at all, are they?
copyright ©right 2010-2020。