New words of Module 1
dream team star forward defend guard referee hoop court slam dunk association League top-class talented professional compli
cated hold consecutive title centre scorer valued in the history of grow up attend wit an average of average per gold medal motivation tie steak alongside awesome shipyard various entire immediate There’s no doubt that… deserve outstanding generation popularity live commentary half overtime
coach commentator rely stamina quarter selfish all the time nature instant hit nationwide if necessary be rude to dominate be used to draw sb’s attention to wrestling boxing upwards angle collision parallel adequate sock sneaker absorb bound vest abrupt horizontal accelerate bounce tournament interval appoint typical slim stout belly obtain circuit boundary controversial aside
dip commit foul suspension penalty take possession of howl bleed cheek pulse confirm dizzy bandage blanket ambulance considerate apologise sniff weep frustration teamwork scar oval gymnasium pole basis be based on version
1. To introduce the origin ,development and the current situation of basketball to the students ; find out the graceful bearing of excellent basketball players; discuss the popularity at home and abroad. 2. To know the forms of expressing feelings and emotions about talking about the style of basketball. 3. According to learning the materials, make the Ss master some terminologies about basketball.
Introduction-1 brainstorming (5m) Talk about the following pictures.
Do you like playing or watching basketball? Why?
Introduction-2. Free talk (4m)
? Which of these words would you use to describe basketball?
boring complicated dangerous exciting simple slow
Which is your favourite basketball team?
dream team 梦之队 Detroit Pistons底特律活塞队 Phoenix Suns凤凰城太阳队 LA Lakers 洛杉矶湖人队 Houston Rockets 休斯敦火箭队 Miami Heat 迈阿密热浪队 Chicago Bulls 芝加哥公牛队
? Who is your favourite basketball player? ? Please give a brief introduction of those basketball
Introduction-4. Ask and answer(3m) Answer questions in activity 1.
1. How many teams are there in a basketball match? 2
2. How many players does each team have on a basketball court during the match? 5
3. How do the players divide up their teamwork during the match?
Introduction –5. Review the words(3m)
Court __________ is the playing area.
2. __________ is the circular metal band which Hoop
is attached to the backboard and holds the basket.
Basket 3. __________is the rope through which the
ball must pass in order to score points.
4. __________ is one of the shots Guard with which a player can score. 5. ____________ is a defending Referee player who tries to stop the forwards scoring.
6. ____________ is the person who controls the game.
Introduction ---Do Activity 2 read the passage about NBA
NBA stands for What is NBA? ___________________ the National Basketball __________________. Association It is the number one basketball __________ league in the world.
? The keys to activity 2
1. Yes, they are now.
2. No. they aren’t (USA and Canada).
3. The players in a professional team get paid. It is their job to play basketball.
Introduction---Do Activity 3, part 2 the main difference between basketball and other sports
1. Football and basketball
kicking In football you score by __________or heading ________ the ball into a _______; in goal basketball you score by putting the ball through the basket ______________________________ hands ____ with your _________.
2. Baseball and basketball
hit In baseball you ______ the ball with a diamond bat ____, then run around the ________ to
run In basketball you _____ with the ball to
3. Tennis and basketball In tennis you hit the ball with a racket _______ backwards and forwards net over a _______; in basketball there nets are no ________or _______. But rackets both games are played on a ________. court
4. Volleyball and basketball In volleyball you play in _______, but teams each team is on one side of a high ______. net
You hit the ball with your _______, but hands
you can’t catch it like in basketball.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。