玉溪一中 2013—2014 学年上学期 高 2016 届英语期末试题
命题人：孙海静 （满分 150 分；时间 120 分钟） 第一卷（选择题 满分 115 分）
第一部分 听力(共两节，满分 30 分) 第一节(共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项
，并标在试卷相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下 一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What’s the weather like? A. Sunny. B. Hot. C. Cold.
2. When did the man visit the Yellow Stone Park? A. This year. B. Last year. C. The year before last.
3. Where is the man going on Sunday? A. To her friend’s home. 4. Who painted the house? A. Henry. 5. What does the man mean? A. He can’t go to the cinema. C. He can go on Saturday evening. B. He can go on Saturday morning. B. The woman. C. Someone else. B. To a cinema. C. To an art school.
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小 题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。
6. What can the woman probably be? A. A waitress at a hotel. C. The assistant of Professor Green. 7. What is the man going to do next? A. Make a phone call. B. Go to the hotel. C. Go through the files. B. The secretary of the man.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8. When did the man buy the butter? A. The day before yesterday. B. Yesterday. C. Today.
9. What is the woman going to do with the butter? A. Eat it up. B. Throw it away. C. Change it for a new one.
10. What else does the man want besides butter? A. Nothing. B. A bottle of beer. C. A piece of cake.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。 11. What makes the woman feel glad? A. The man will have time with her. C. The man will have more money. 12. What does the man think of his life after retirement at first? A. Colorful. B. Relaxed. C. Stressful. B. The man helps with her work.
13. What does the woman do most probably? A. She is a clothes designer. C. She is a software designer. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 16 题。 14. What’s the relationship between the two speakers? A. Boss and secretary. B. Salesman and customer. C. Fellow workers. B. She is a garden designer.
15. What does the man really enjoy about his job? A. The satisfied pay. B. The chances to go abroad.
C. The comfortable working place. 16. Why did the woman take this job? A. She can travel abroad. C. The office is close to her home. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. When did the storm happen? A. Last Thursday. B. Last Friday. C. This Friday. B. She can make more money.
18. How many people were badly injured in the storm? A. 9. B. 14. C. 15.
19. Where was the farmer when the storm came? A. In the kitchen. B. In the bedroom. C. In the field.
20. What did the woman do when she noticed her house shaking? A. She tried to take something out. C. She rushed out with her children. 第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节，满分 45 分) 第一节:单项填空(共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. The competitors taking ____ part in the spoken English competition had well prepared for it. As ____ result, they succeeded in giving speeches. A. a, a B. /, a C. the, a D. the, the B. She told her husband not to leave.
22. No one can be sure ____ in 1000 years. A. man will look like what C. what look like man will B. what will man look like D. what man will look like
23. He burst out ____ at the ____ news that his father had passed away. A. crying; shocked B. tears; shocking C. crying; shocking D. tears; shocked
24. He regretted ____ silly mistakes he had made.
25. Most students prefer using ____ dictionaries to ____ up new words. A. electronic; look B. electricity; look C. electronic; looking D. electric; look
26. I will do everything ____ I can to help you. A. that B. which C. what D. whether
27. Every student is expecting the coming of the winter vacation ____ one could have fun. A. when B. which C. that D. why
28. The bus ____, and let’s get ready to get on. A. come 29. B. to come C. came D. is coming
____ is mentioned above, you can never be too careful while driving. A. It B. Which C. As D. What
30. The number of deaths from lung cancer will be reduced greatly if people ____ to give up smoking. A. are persuaded B. will persuade C. be persuaded D. persuade
31. The important problem ____ in the past few days, which draws lots of people’s attention. A. has discussed B. has been discussed C. is discussed D. discussed
32. The people in the earthquake-striken area were frightened, but they didn’t ____. A. give back B. give in C. give out D. give off
33. I think you’d better change your casual ____ to your study for the sake of your future. A. application B. attention C. attitude D. altitude
34. ---Could you tell me the way to No.1 Middle School? --- ____ A. Sorry, I’m a stranger here. C. It’s a key school. 35. I will buy it ____ the cost is. A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. wherever B. Yes, take a bus. D. Why do you ask me?
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分）
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A famous scientist who had made an important medical breakthrough was being interviewed. A newspaper reporter asked him why he thought he was able to be much more creative than the average person. What set him so far 36 from others? that happened when he was about two years old. He 40 he didn’t catch the bottle well and 42 shouting at him,
He 37 that it all came from a(n) 38 was trying to 39
a bottle of milk from the refrigerator 41
it fell, spilling its
all over the floor. His mother came into the kitchen. 43
giving him a lecture or 44 ! I have 45
him, she said, “Robert, what a great and wonderful mess you have 46 has already been done. Would 47 you clean it up?” Indeed
seen such a huge pool of milk. Well, the
you like to get down and play in the sea of milk for a few minutes she did. “Robert, 48 you make a mess like this, 49
you have to clean it up and restore 50 experiment in how to 51 a
everything to its proper order.” Then his mother continued, “That is a
carry a big milk bottle effectively. Let’s go to fill the bottle with water and see if you can way to carry a bottle of water without dropping it.”
This scientist then remarked that it was at that moment that he knew he didn’t need to be
to make mistakes. Instead, he learned that mistakes were just opportunities for learning something new, which is, after all, what 54 53 experiments are all about. Even if the experiment doesn’t
, we usually learn something from it. Wouldn’t it be great if all 55 would respond like Robert’s mother? C. about C. guessed C. news C. place C. which C. bottles
36. A. ahead 37. A. said 38. A. event 39. A. deliver 40. A. where 41. A. mixture
B. apart B. heard B. incident B. put B. while B. water
D. above D. brought D. legend D. remove D. when D. contents
42. A. In addition to 43. A. kissing 44. A. made 45. A. always 46. A. damage 47. A. before 48. A. whichever 49. A. especially 50. A. failed 51. A. write 52. A. afraid 53. A. electronic 54. A. make 55. A. person
B. Besides B. hating B. done B. often B. loss B. after B. whenever B. finally B. forbidden B. develop B. happy B. scientific B. operate B. teachers
C. In spite of C. punishing C. produced C. rarely C. harm C. since C. whatever C. immediately C. required C. see C. glad C. social C. work C. parents
D. Instead of D. hugging D. created D. ever D. ruin D. until D. however D. hardly D. glad D. discover D. excited D. artistic D. help D. relatives
第三部分：阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题：每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每篇短文后所给各题的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项， 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
A good way to pass an examination is to work hard every day in the year. You may fail in an examination if you are lazy for most of the year and then work hard only a few days before the examination. If you are taking an English examination, do not only learn rules of grammar. Try to read stories in English and speak English whenever you can. A few days before the examination you should start going to bed early. Do not stay up late at night studying and learning things. Before you start the examination, read the question paper over carefully. Try to understand the
exact meaning of each question before you pick up your pen to write. When you have at last finished your examination, read your answers over. Correct the mistakes if there are any and make sure that you have not missed anything out. 56. If you want to improve your English, you must ________. A. learn rules of grammar by heart C. stay up late at night B. speak English all day long D. practise it as often as possible
57. A few days before the examination it is suggested that you should ________. A. go to bed early B. stay up late C. get up late D. work far into the night
58. Before you begin to write in the examination paper, you should ________. A. read the examination paper over carefully B. try to understand the exact meaning of each question C. correct the mistakes you may have made D. pay attention to the rules of grammar
59. The underlined phrase “miss out” here means ________. A. your examination paper is missing C. the examination has already been finished D. you forget to answer some of the questions B. you want to go out of the classroom [来
Internet has become part of young people’s life. You can do lots of things on line such as chatting, sending messages and emails, getting useful knowledge and information, buying things without going to the shops, visiting cool websites, and so on. But it’s also easy to be cheated online. Here’s a story about a girl named Mary. Mary is an 18-year-old girl who lives in New York. The people in Mary’s family are so busy that they hardly have time to be with her. In fact, Mary is quite lonely. So she spends a lot of time on QQ. Last year Mary made a very special friend on QQ. His name was David and he lived in San Francisco. David was full of stories and jokes. He and Mary had a common interest in rock music and modern dance. So it always took them hours to talk happily on QQ and sometimes they even forgot the time.
David sent Mary a picture of “himself”: he was a tall, good-looking young man with a big, happy smile. As time went by, they became good friends and often sent cards and small things to each other. Before David’s birthday, Mary wanted to give him a surprise. She flew to San Francisco. But when Mary knocked on David’s door, she found that the special friend was a twelve-year-old boy named Jim! So when you make friends on the Internet, please be careful. Here are some rules to make sure you are safe and have fun on the Internet. ?Don’t give your password to anyone else, and never let out the following information: your real name, home address, age, school, phone number or other personal information. ?Never agree to meet someone you met on the Internet without your parents’ permission. Never meet anyone you met online alone. ?Always remember that people online may not be who they say they are. Treat everyone online as if they were strangers. ?Remember — not everything you read on the Internet is true. 60. Why does Mary spend a lot of her time on QQ? A. Because she feels lonely. C. Because she wants to make a boyfriend. B. Because she doesn’t like learning. D. Because she likes computer games.
61. Mary thought David was special because __________. A. he was tall and good-looking C. he was from San Francisco B. he sent her a picture of himself D. he made her quite happy on QQ
62. It’s good for children to _________ on the Internet. A. give password to others C. give phone number to others B. get useful knowledge and information D. believe everything they read
63. What shouldn’t be done when you are online according to the passage? A. Sending messages and emails. C. Giving your real name to others. B. Visiting cool websites. D. Treating everyone online as strangers.
BRITAIN is a popular tourist place. But tours of the country have advantages and disadvantages . ADVANTAGES Free museums. No charge for good collections of art works Pop music. Britain is the only country to rival(与…匹敌)the US on this point. Cabs. London taxi drivers well know where they are going. Choice of food. Visitors can find food from every corner of the world . Fashion. Not only do fashion junkies love deeply and respect highly brand names such as Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen; street styles are justly loved, too. DISADVANTAGES Poor service. People can dine out on the rudeness they have experienced,” says Professor Tony Seaton, of Luton University’s International Tourism Research Center. Poor public transport. Trains and buses are promised to defeat tourists who have the most patience, so the over- crowded London tube is inexplicably(难以理解的) popular. Rain. Still in the number one complaint. Overpriced hotels. The only European country with a higher rate of tax on hotel rooms is Denmark. Drinking hours. Alcohol(酒) is in short supply after 11 pm even in “24-hour cities”. 64. What do tourists complain most? A. Poor service. A. At 9: 00 pm. B. Poor public transport. B. At 10: 00 pm. C. Rain. C. At 11: 00 pm. D. Overpriced hotels. D. At 11: 50 pm. 65. When is alcohol not able to get? 66. Which of the following is true according to the passage? A. You have to pay to visit the museums. B. Only clothing with brand names are sold in London . C. You cannot find Chinese food there. D. The public transport is poor there.
You’ve no doubt heard people say how much they “need” a holiday, when what they really mean is that they want one. Certainly, people working under pressure feel a very strong desire to escape from work and become less tight during their holidays, and experience a changed environment. However, work for many people today is office work and mental, rather than physical tasks. These people may seek much more energy-taking activities while on holiday, rather than simply lying on a
beach. Once people become used to going on holiday, taking holidays becomes a habit. For many people the holiday is one of the last things to be given up, and indeed many workers have chosen to spend some of their last pay when being on holiday. It may give them a “lift” in facing some difficulties in life. Most of us also enjoy showing off the lovely tans-dark(晒黑的) skins we get from a holiday. So many tourists are now able to afford holidays in the sun that tans have become quite common; although we join a tan together with health, it has been fully shown that too much sunshine will result in high danger of skin problems, as well as drying out one’s skin and leading to more lines on your face later in life. 67. According to the passage above, more and more people choose to have holidays because they __________. A. hate working indoors all the time C. love enjoying the beauties of nature A. lie on the beach and enjoy sunshine C. think about their work on the beach A. cheer someone up C. be the last thing to be given up A. the importance of getting sunshine C. the result of getting sun tanned B. want to get away from work D. become rich and want a better life B. spend more than they can afford D. choose to do more physical exercise B. help someone find a job D. bring good luck to someone B. the bad effect of being on holiday D. the healthy look of being tanned
68. When office people have holidays, they often __________.
69. A holiday may __________ when one has to face some difficulties in life.
70. At the end of the passage the writer tries to tell the reader __________.
第二节（共 5 小题：每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项多余选项。 In order to achieve big things in your life, you must be willing to think big. 71 When you’re
busy working toward bringing your goals to life, you also feel happier in your journey. Follow these steps to make your goals a reality (现实). 72 Where do you see yourself in a year, five years or ten? Do you see yourself with a family, children, a good job, and a college degree (学位) in ten years? Try to think as far ahead as you can. Pay attention to every detail, and let your dreams come to life in your mind, showing you what
matters most to you.
73 74 Write down the most important achievements that
Write down everything you imagine.
you want to center on and the details about each. What matters most to you? Once you have a list of goals in mind, work out a plan. How will you achieve these goals? Divide your goals into achievable steps. Start achieving goals today. Put your plans into action today. even if you are only taking a small step at a time. When you can picture what your desired life is like, you can better decide the goals you need to set and achieve. All it takes are small steps toward your desired future, and you can achieve the life you want. A. Center on what you want to achieve. B. Close your eyes and imagine your future. C. Take a small step toward the future each day. D. You should dream big and try to make your goals happen. E. It’s okay to change your dreams and goals based on your needs. F. Use as much detail as you can when writing down what you remember. G. Think about where you want to be in the future and how you want to get there. 75 Move forward every day,
满分 35 分)
第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题：每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加，修改或删除。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（^） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（/）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出改正后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2.只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 In my hometown there used to have a temple with a history of over eight hundreds years. It lies
in a valley with green hills around it. It was such beautiful and famous that many tourists came to visit to it every day. They took photo; they wrote down their names on the walls; they brought foods, drinks and left rubbish everywhere. One day some tourists made a fire to cook food near the temple. Sudden, strong wind blew. The wooden temple was caught fire. Soon the whole temple was burned out but only a few walls remained. The beautiful temple disappeared.
第二节：书面表达（满分 25 分） 假如你是一中高一(1)班的李华，你初中时期的好朋友王平进入另一所高中学习，请用英语 给王平写一封信，描述一下你的近况。内容包括： 1. 你对新学校新班级的印象； 2. 你对高中生活的感受和打算； 3. 你对王平的想念和对友谊的理解。 要求：1. 可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 2. 不可在文中涉及相关班级、老师及个人信息。 3 词数 100 左右（信的开头与结尾已给出，不计入总词数） Dear Wang Ping, How are you? I am now studying in Class 1 Grade1 in No.1 Middle
School.__________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ Best wishes. Yours, LiHua
(KEYS) Listening 1---5 AABCC Multiple choice 21---25BDCBA Cloze 36---40BABDD 41---45DDCAC 46---50AABBA
Reading comprehension 56---59DABD 71---75DBGFC Proof-reading 1. have—be 5. visit 后去掉 to 前加 a Writing
Dear Wang Ping, How are you? I am now studying in Class 1 Grade 1in No.1 Middle School. I’m writing to tell you something about my recent life. At present, I come to a very large and beautiful school. Here I’m glad to meet many teachers and friendly schoolmates, who are very kind to me. I am getting along well with my classmates and often take part in class activities. However, life in high school is stressful. Many students haven’t been used to it, but I am determined to go through all the difficulties and learn each subject well. Now I still miss you and often think of the days we spent together. We helped each other with our study and shared our joys and sorrows in the junior school. We are true friends. I hope we’ll keep in touch with each other and let the flower of friendship blossom forever. Best wishes. Yours, Li Hua
2. hundreds—hundred 6. photo—photos
4. such—so 8. strong
9. caught 前去掉 was
copyright ©right 2010-2020。