1 .The truth is that the fog is too thick for the bus to run that far. The truth is that the fog is 1 2 3 the bus can’t run that far. 2.The tall man was nowhere to be seen The tall man 4 5 6
sight. 3.Your behaviour is extremely foolish. You behaved ___7___ ___8___ . 4.Have the children been good today? Have the children behaved 9 today. 5.She has not enough money to buy such an expensive computer. She can‘t afford to buy _10__ expensive a computer. 6.People want to know if new road rules will be made as soon as possible. People ___11____ ___12_____or _13__new road rules will be made as soon as possible.
7. We must be careful since the soldiers may come tonight. The enemy soldiers may come tonight so we must __14____ __15_ __16___them. 8.When she glanced behind her ，she found someone following her in the fog。 When ____17____behind her ，she found __18____ ___19_____someone in the fog。 9.You can see the houses like this one anywhere in that city. There are many houses like this one___ 20 __21__here and there in that city. 10.There’s a big difference between the dresses of Lily and Lucy. Lily’s dress __21___ __22___ ___23___ ___24____Lucy’s. 11.When he was told the story ,he seemed to be puzzled. He seemed to___25____ ___26____ ___27___ the story he was told.
12.He didn’t show up last night because he was sent to a hospital for his sudden illness. He was sent to a hosspital for his sudden illness, and ____28___ __29____ ___30____ he didn’t show up last night. 13.I wanted to ask Tom to go for a walk with me. I___31___ ___32___ ___33___ ___34____go for a walk with me. 14. Although it’s very far, he is likely to go there by bike. Although it’s very far, ___35___ ___36___ ___37____ ___38___ __39_____ to go there by bike. 15. The language they created is what we now call old English _40___ they created is the language __41_ we now call old English
16. Robots are taking the place of people on assembly lines. Robots are __42_ __43_ on assembly lines. 17. The new literature course differs from the old course because the students aren’t required to attend lectures. The new literature course differs from the old course _44__ _45__ the students aren’t required to attend lectures. 18. Mike graduated from Cambridge University, and Mary also graduated from it. Mike graduated from Cambridge University, and __46____ ___47___ Mary. 19. Now he still has the same dream as he had ten years ago. Now he still has the dream __48__ __49__ _50___ ten years ago.
20. He turned out to be a lot smarter than he looked. _51__ turned out _52__ he was a lot smarter than he looked. 21. The river lies near our villages and it is badly polluted. __53__ __54__ _55___ __56__ the river, which is badly polluted. 22. The cruel woman buried the cat, which was still alive, under tree. The cat __57_ __58___ __59__ under the tree by the cruel woman. 23. feel lucky that I have been chosen monitor of the class. I feel lucky _60__ _61__ __62__ monitor of the class.
24. He hurried to work and had to leave his son alone at home. He hurried to work,__63_ __64_ __65__ alone at home. 25. We visited the exhibition of her works for the early spring and it caused our interest in art. We visited the exhibition of her works for the early spring, _66__ _67__ out interest in art.
1. so thick that 2. was out of 3. extremely foolishly
9. in sight
6. wonder whether not
7. watch out for 8. glancing herself followed 10. is very different from 14. it is possible for him 16. replacing people 19. as it is 20. It that 11. be puzzled about 12. that was why 13. would like Tom to 15. What that/which 17. in that 18. so did
21. Near our village lies
23. to have been chosen
22. was buried alive
24. leaving his son
25. which caused
copyright ©right 2010-2020。