1992 年 试 题(NMET) 第一卷（三大题，共110分） Ⅰ.单项填空（共40小题，计分40） 单项填空 A) 从A、B、C、D中找出其划线部分与所给单词的划线部分读音相同的选 项。 例：have A. gave B. save C. hat D. made 答案是C。 1. improve A. discover B. conclusion C. programme D.
discussion 2. owner A. lawyer B. ought C. autumn D. shoulder 3. dangerous A. balance B. January C. Canadian D. advanced 4. consider A. thirsty B. visit C. resist D. musician 5. exact A. exist B. exhibition C. exercise D. expert B) 以下所给单词均不完整，从A、B、C、D中找出适当的字母或字母组合 使 其正确与完整。 例： alr dy A. ea B. ee C. ie D. eu 答案是A。 6. pass nger A. a B. e C. i D. o n ma 7. c A. e; i B. i; e C. i; i D.e; e 8. univer ty A. se B. ci C. si D.ce 9. mater l A. ia B. ei C. ai D. ie 10. spl nd d A. e; e B. a; e C. a; i D. e; i C) 从A、B、C、D中选出可以填入空白处的正确答案。 例：He comes late sometimes, ? A. is he B. isn't he C. comes he D. doesn't he 答案是D。
11. You will be late you leave immediately. A. unless B. until C. if D. or 12. —Please don't make a noise. — . I'll be as quiet as a mouse. A. Yes,I won't B. No,I won't C. NO, I will D.Yes, I will a reply, he decided to write again. 13. A. Not receiving B. Receiving not C. Not having received D. Having not received 14. How can you finish the drawing? A. long B. often C. soon D. rapid 15.I don't feel like going to the party, but I'm not sure how I can it. A. get back from B. get out of C. get away D. get off 16. —Where's Jack? bed, but he might just —I think he's still in be in bathroom. A. (不填); the B. (不填); (不填) C.the; (不填) D.the; the 17. These plants are watered . A. each other day B. every other day C. each of two days D. every of two days 18. —Will you give this message to Mr Baker, please? —Sorry, I can't. He . A. doesn't any more work here B.doesn't any longer here work C. doesn't work any more here D.doesn't work here any longer 19. The salesman scolded the girl caught and let her off. A. to have stolen B. to be stealing C. to steal D. stealing 20. There're so many kinds of tape-recorders on sale that I can't make up my mind to buy. A. which B. what C. how D. where
21. —Have a nice weekend! . — A. The same as you B. You do too C. The same to you D. You have it too 22. —Do you know our town at all? —No, this is the first time I here. A.was B. have been C. came D. am coming 23. Shortly after the accident, two police were sent to the spot to keep order. A. dozens of B. dozens C. dozen of D. dozen she took off her dark glasses 24. It was not I realized she was a famous film star. A. until; when B. when; that C. until; that D. when;then 25. We've worked out the plan, and now we must put it into . A. fact B. practice C. reality D. deed the 2000 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing 26. is not known yet. A. That B. If C. Whether D. Whenever 27. He asked for the violin. A. did I pay how much B. I paid how much C. how much did I pay D. how much I paid 28. —Are you feeling ? —Yes, I'm fine now. A. any well B. any better C. quite good D. quite better 29. It worried her a bit her hair was turning grey. A. while B. if C. that D. for 30. When Jack arrived he learned Mary for almost an hour. A. had gone B. had set off C. had left D. had been away
31. In the dark street, there wasn't a single person she could turn for help. A. to whom B. who C. from whom D. that 32. The last time I Jane she cotton in the fields. A. had seen; was picking B. saw; picked C. had seen; picked D. saw; was picking last night, but we went to the concert 33. We instead. A. must have studied B. might study C. should have studied D. would study 34. Go and get your coat. It's you left it. A. where B. there C. there where D. where there the post office? 35. Did you have any trouble A. to have found B. with finding C. to find D. in finding 36. Mr Zhang gave the textbooks to all the pupils, except who had already taken them. A. these B. ones C. the ones D. the others 37. terrible weather we've been having these days! A. What B. What a C. How D. How a 38. I can you to the market in my car. A. send B. pick C. ride D.take 39. Although he's wealthy, he spends on clothes. A. little B. few C. a little D. a few 40. is a good form of exercise for both young and old. A.The walk B. Walking C. To walk D. Walk 完形填空（共20小题，计分30） Ⅱ.完形填空
阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从41—60各题所给的四个选项中，选出 一个最佳答案。 The lecture on smoking was over at last. As we boys were rushing towards the play-ground, Jim slipped by the table. The watch, which Mrs Smith had 41 on the table as she started her lecture, disappeared. We were 42 to go back for class again when the headmaster called us 43 and said,"I've got a little 44 for you boys. Mrs Smith has just lost her watch on the play-ground. This kind of thing has happened45 ,she says-it just 46 off her wrist( 手 腕 ). So,look around for it ,will you?47if you're clever enough to find it. Let's 48 it clear the boy who does 49 will get a useful reward (奖赏)." At once we started looking for the watch. Everybody wished to be the 50 one.Suddenly, Jim stopped and bent down as if to 51 something.And 52 he was in front of Mrs Smith, all smiles, 53 the watch to her. Mrs Smith, however,didn't seem at all 54 . In fact ,she looked angry.She took the watch without 55 a "Thank you". Jim got 56 a large piece of paper from the headmaster, who 57 him to write a composition 58 the dangers of smoking. What could 59 Jim write about? He hadn't listened to the lecture and had nothing to say on the 60 . 41. A. seen B. dropped C. found D. laid 42. A. about B. able C. sorry D. sure 43. A. forward B. together C. straight D. out 44. A. fun B. trick C. job D. prize 45. A. before B. now C. here D. there 46. A. goes B. throws C. Slips D. falls 47. A. Say B. See C. Guess D. Check 48. A. get B. put C. make D. keep 49. A. this B. such C. that D. so 50. A. lucky B. quick C. early D. worthy 51. A. put down B. give away C. find out D. pick up 52. A. the following moment B. the next moment C. for a moment D. just a moment 53. A. handing out B. turning in C. giving up D. sending back 54. A. pleased B. hurt C. interested D. worried 55. A. just B. ever C. even D. almost 56. A. her punishment B. her prize C. his job D. his reward 57. A. had B. made C. told D. helped
58. A. of B. on C. in D. at 59. A. poor B. nervous C. quick D. good 60. A. lecture B. point C. matter D. subject 阅读理解（共20小题，计分40） Ⅲ.阅读理解 阅读下列短文，并做每篇后面的题目。从四个选项中，选出能回答所提问 题或完成所给句子的最佳答案。 A In Shanxi Province you may be offered brains to eat. Frightened? You shouldn't be ,because these brains are only a food, which is famous for its unusual name and rich nutrition (营养). Brains as a food were invented more than 300 years ago by Fu Shan, an artist whose mother had been ill for a long time. To help her become well again, he studied medicine and invented a kind of soup (汤) made of meat, vegetables and a number of Chinese medicines. Rice wine was also used in the soup to help illnesses caused by old age. After taking the soup his mother got better little by little and lived a long life. Fu's soup became the talk of the town . Many people came to see him . One day a restaurant owner asked him what was in the soup . " I'll tell you ,"Fu said. "But if your restaurant is going to sell the soup you must call it brains because of its shape and colour. And your restaurant should be renamed after my mother." 61. The best headline ( 标 题 ) for this newspaper article . is A. A Good Son B. A Special Soup C. How to Make Brains D. How to Live a Long Life 62. The food is called brains because . A. it looks like brains B. it has animal brains in it C. Fu's mother liked the name D. it makes one clever and live longer 63. Before Fu told the restaurant owner what was in the food,one of the things he demanded was that . A. the restaurant shouldn't offer any other food B. the restaurant should use his mother's name C. the shape of the food must never be changed D. the food must be used to help sick people 64.The food was first invented to .
A. help the aged in the town B. improve people's health C. make a restaurant famous D. help a sick woman 65. What has made brains a popular food in Shanxi? A. They are served in many restaurants there. B. They are good for health and have a strange name. C. They are made of Chinese medicines and wine. D. They were invented a long time ago by an artist. B Sam and Joe were astronauts. There was once a very dangerous trip and the more experienced astronauts knew there was only a small chance of coming back alive (活着) .Sam and Joe ,however,thought it would be exciting though a little dangerous,"We're the best men for the job, "they said to the boss. "There may be problems, but we can find the answers." "They're the last people I'd trust,"thought the boss."But all the other astronauts have refused to go." Once they were in space,Joe had to go outside to make some repairs.When the repairs were done, he tried to get back inside the spaceship. But the door was locked. He knocked but there was no answer. He knocked again, louder this time , and again no answer came. Then he hit the door as hard as he could and finally a voice said,"Who's there?""It's me! Who else could it be?" shouted Joe. Sam let him in all right but you can imagine that Joe never asked to go on a trip with Sam again! 66. Most of the astronauts were unwilling to go on the trip because . A. it wasn't exciting enough B. they weren't experienced enough C. they thought they might get killed D. there was little chance of being selected 67. Why were Sam and Joe chosen? A. They were the only men who offered to go. B. The boss trusted them more than anyone else. C. They were the last people who wanted to go. D. The boss wanted them to get more experience. 68. What did Sam and Joe think the trip would be like? A. There would be serious problems. B. There wouldn't be any danger.
C. It would be long and tiring. D. It would be exciting. 69. Joe didn't want to work with Sam again probably because he thought Sam . A. wasn't as experienced as he was B. didn't know how to operate the door C. didn't know how to do repairs D. was very slow and possibly deaf 70. The writer tells this story to . A. show the dangerous side of the astronauts' life B. show the funny side of the astronauts' life C. make people laugh D. make people think C One Sunday, Mark decided to go sailing in his boat with his friend Dan, but Dan happened to be away. Dan's brother John offered to go instead though he did not know anything about sailing. Mark agreed and they set out to sea. Soon they found themselves in a thick fog. Mark was sure they would be hit by a big ship. Fortunately he saw a large buoy (浮标) through the fog and decided to tie the boat to it for safety . As he was getting onto the buoy, however, he dropped the wet rope. The boat moved away in the fog carrying John ,who did not know how to use the radio.He drifted (漂流) about and was not seen until twelve hours later. Mark spent the night on the buoy . In the early morning he fell asleep,and was having a bad dream when a shout woke him up. A ship, the Good Hope, came up and he climbed onto it and thanked the captain.The captain told him that John had been picked up by another ship and the ship's captain had sent out a message. "Without the message I would not have found you on the buoy," he said. 71. Why didn't Mark and Dan go sailing together? A. Mark was in some other place. B. Dan was in some other place. C. Mark would like to go with John. D. Dan asked his brother to go instead. 72. Mark tried to tie the boat to the buoy so that . A. he could spend the night on it while John was looking for help B. he and John could go sailing again when the fog cleared
C. it wouldn't be hit by other ships D. he might be picked up by a passing ship 73. John and Mark became separated because . A. John had to stay in the boat to radio for help B. John couldn't control the boat and drifted away C. there wasn't room for both John and Mark on the buoy D. Mark thought it safe to stay on the buoy but John didn't 74. What made it possible for Mark to be found on the buoy? A. John told people where to look for him. B. The captain saw him as the fog cleared. C. John radioed to the Good Hope to get him. D. He shouted when he caught sight of the Good Hope. 75. The word he in the last paragraph refers to . A. the captain that got the message B. the captain that sent the message C. John D. Mark D The dodo was a large bird that you might not think was a bird at all, for the dodo could not fly. It was a member of the chicken family. The bird was discovered by European sailors in 1507 on Mauritius (毛 里求斯) Island. When the sailors talked about the strange bird that could not fly, you can imagine people found it hard to believe their story. The Europeans who settled on Mauritius Island and the pigs they brought with them found the birds very good to eat. So large numbers of dodoes were killed and by 1681 no living dodes were found on the island. A few dodoes were brought to England in the 17th century, but for 200 years none have been seen alive. This is the reason for the phrase "as dead as a dodo". Because they died out completely, the dodes became very well-known. . 76.The writer tells us that the dodo A. existed between 1507 and 1681 B. has existed since 1507 C. doesn't exist now D. may have existed 77.What was so unusual about dodoes as a bird? A. They looked like birds but couldn't fly. B. They lived longer than other birds. C. They were very good to eat.
D. They were all killed. 78. Dodoes are no longer seen on Mauritius Island because they . A. were killed by pigs B. were all taken to England C. have been driven away by the settlers D. have all been killed for food 79. The phrase "as dead as a dodo" is sometimes used to describe (形容) something that . A. cannot protect itself from being eaten B. cannot fly or move fast C. no longer exists D. is sure to die 80. From the second paragraph, whose story did people find it hard to believe? A. The Europeans'. B. The dodoes'. C. The settlers'. D. The sailors'. 第二卷（两大题，共40分） Ⅳ.短文改错（共15小题，计分15） 短文改错 此题要求你对一段文章改错。先对每一行作出判断是对还是错。如果是对 的，在该行右边的横线上画一个对勾（√） ；如果有错误（每行不会多于一个 错误） ，则按情况改错如下： 此行多一个词：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉，在该行右边横线上写出该 词，并也用斜线划掉。 此行缺一个词：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，在该行右边横线上写出 该加的词。 此行错一个词： 在错的词下划一横线， 在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。 注意：原行没有错的请不要改。 例： A farmer∧his son were at work near a river when (a)and they heard a cry coming from it. They all ran (b)both towards the river. When they reached the bank (c)√ and they saw a girl struggling in the water. (d) and When I have free time I go a long walk. Some (81) peole read the books or watch television while (82) others have sports .Charles and Linda Mason do all (83) of these things as well as climbed buildings. In (84) the last five years that they have climbed churches, (85) high buildings and television towers. They have climbed
(86) all over the world. Charles said,"As soon I (87) see a realy tall building, I want to climb it. We (88) climb everywhere, not only in America. They have been to (89) Europe many time."Two months ago they were back in (90) America. Last Sunday, police cars hurry to the (91) taller building in New York, where a large crowd had gathered. (92) Charles and Linda were seeing near the top of the (93) building. When they came down the police were angry (94) to them. One police officer said to them, "Buildings (95) have elevators (电梯), don't they? Why don't you use them?" 书面表达（计分25） Ⅴ.书面表达 下列六幅画描述了你5月31日那天的活动。请根据这些图画用英语写一篇 日记。 注意： 1.日记须包括所有图画的内容，可以适当增加细节，使日记连贯。 2.词数100左右。 * * * * May 31st Sunday Fine 1992 年 答 案(NMET) 选择题答案 1. B 8. C 15. B 22. B 29. C 36. C 43. B 50. A 57. C 64. D 71. B
2. D 9. A 16. A 23. D 30. D 37. A 44. C 51. D 58. B 65. B 72. C
3. C 10. D 17. B 24. C 31. A 38. D 45. A 52. B 59. A 66. C 73. B
4. A 11. A 18. D 25. B 32. D 39. A 46. C 53. B 60. D 67. A 74. A
5. A 12. B 19. D 26. C 33. C 40. B 47. B 54. A 61. B 68. D 75. A
6. B 13. C 20. A 27. D 34. A 41. D 48. C 55. C 62. A 69. D 76. C
7. B 14. C 21. C 28. B 35. D 42. A 49. D 56. D 63. B 70. C 77. A
78. D Ⅳ.
When I have free time I go∧ a long walk. Some (81)for peole read the books or watch television while (82)the others have sports. Charles and Linda Mason do all (83)√ of these things as well as climbed buildings. In (84)climbing; climb the last five years that they have climbed churches, (85)that high buildings and television towers. They have climbed (86)√ all over the world. Charles said,"As soon ∧I (87)as see a realy tall building, I want to climb it. We (88)really; real climb everywhere, not only in America. They have been to (89) We Europe many time."Two months ago they were back in (90)times America. Last Sunday, police cars hurry to the (91)hurried taller building in New York, where a large crowd had gathered. (92) tallest Charles and Linda were seeing near the top of the (93)seen building. When they came down the police were angry (94)√ to them. One police officer said to them, "Buildings (95)with have elevators (电梯), don't they? Why don't you use them?" Ⅴ. 一、评分原则： 1. 本题总分为25分，其中内容和语言占24分，词数占1分。按7个档次给 分。 2. 评分时，先根据文章的内容和语言初步确定其所属档次，然后以该档 次的要求来衡量，确定或调整档次，最后给分。词数在80—120之内 的，加1分。 二、内容要点： 1) 祖母生日 2) 买礼物 3) 乘车去祖母（或叔叔）家 4) 见面 5) 送生日礼物 6) 准备午餐 7) 午餐 8) 告别 三、各档次的给分范围和要求： 第七档：(22—24分) 能写明全部或绝大部分要点；语言基本无误；行文 连贯，表达清楚。
第六档：(18—21分) 能写明全部或绝大部分要点；语言有少量错误；行 文基本连贯，表达基本清楚。 第五档：(14—17分) 能写明大部分要点；语言有一些错误；行文不够连 贯，但不影响基本意思的表达。 第四档：(11—13分) 能写出基本要点；语言虽有较多错误，尚能达意。 第三档：(7—10分) 能写出部分要点；语言错误多，影响意思表达。 第二档：(3—6分) 能写出一、两个要点；语言错误很多，只有个别句子 可读。 第一档：(0—2分) 只能写出与所要求内容有关的一些单词。 四、说明： 1) 内容要点可用不同方式表达。 2) 对紧扣主题的适当发挥不予扣分。 3) 凡不以第一人称“I”的口吻表述者，从原得分中扣除5分。 五、One possible version: It was Grandma's birthday. Father, Mother and I went to visit her. She lives with my uncle in a village not too far away. Early in the morning we bought some presents and took the bus to get there. Grandma and Uncle were so glad to see us . We gave the presents to Grandma and she was very happy . Then we sat down to talk, while Uncle went to prepare lunch. The meal was so nice that we all enjoyed it very much. At 4 o'clock, we said goodbye and set off for home.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。