命题人 李小红 审校人 鲍爱琴
一、听力理解（10%） （共两节，10 分）
第一节（共 5 小题，每小题 0.5 分，满分 2.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话， 每段对话后有一个小题， 从题中所给的 A B C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。 1. What is the we
ather like? A. It’s cloudy. B. It’s rainy. C. It’s cold. 2. Where is Miss Read from? A. England. B. America. C. Australia. 3. What’s Jack going to do? A. To see a film. B. To eat out C. To prepare for a speech. 4. What does the boy prefer to do at the library? A. Study. B. Read magazines. C. Borrow books. 5. What does the woman mean? A. The man shouldn’t have missed the match. B. She had got no time to watch the match. C. The match was not interesting. 第二节 （共 15 题，每小题 0.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从试题中所给出的 A B C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。 听第 6 段材料，回答 6 至 7 题。 6. Which sport does the man like best? A. Skating. B. Swimming. C. Table tennis. 7. What does the woman advise the man to do if he has no skates? A. Borrow a pair. B. Rent a pair. C. Buy a pair. 听第 7 段材料，回答 8-10 题。 8. Where can they get a free CD case? A. In Eastern Town. B. In Sunshine City. C. In Danny’s Market. 9. What will the man buy for his daughter? A. A laptop. B. A camera. C. A CD player. 10. Why does Helen suggest going to Danny’s Market? A. There are lots of good things. B. Things the man wants are cheap there. C. There are many free things. 听第 8 段材料，回答 11 至 13 题。 11. When will the man have the dinner party? A. On Tuesday, May 1st. B. On Thursday, May 21st. C. On Tuesday, May 31st. 12. How many tables does Mr. Liu order? A. 28. B. 5 C. 3.
13. What information does the woman write down? A. Jason’s name. B. Jason’s phone number. C. The food Jason wants 听第 9 段材料，回答 14 至 17 题。 14. When did Jack and Michelle become friends? A. In high school. B. At university. C. While in China. 15. What’s Michelle like in the man’s opinion? A. She’s pretty. B. She’s smart. C. She’s shy. 16. What do Michelle and her friends usually do together while in Australia? A. Sing or listen to music. B. Drink coffee. C. Go shopping. 17. How does Michelle keep in touch with her friends? A. By phoning them. B. By writing letters. C. By sending e-mails. 听第 10 段材料，回答 18 至 20 题。 18. Why didn’t Susan get the job at the coffee bar? A. She was late for the job interview. B. The job was too challenging for her. C. She couldn’t work on Saturdays or Tuesdays. 19. Where did Susan see an advertisement later? A. In a newspaper. B. At the bus stop. C. On the corner of a street. 20. What job did Susan get at last? A. A bus driver. B. A shop assistant. C. A waitress
二、单选（10%） （共 20 小题，每题 0.5 分）
21．In _______ 1940s the computer was made to work as _______ useful machine. A．the; an B．the; a C．/; a D．/; an 22．— Hello. Could I speak to Tom, please? — This is Tom speaking. — Oh, it’s great. But I didn’t_________ your voice just now. A．know B．recognize C．hear D．forecast 23．Can you remember the scientists and the theories _____________ we have talked about? A. which B. that C. who D. whose 24．— Have you any idea where he comes from? — Judging by his __________, he must be from Hunan. A．quality B．guidance C．voice D．accent 25．Only when your ID card has been checked, ____________________. A．you are allowed in B. you will be allowed in C．will you allow in D. will you be allowed in 26．Frank, as well as his two sisters, ________ London by train which ________at 8:30 next morning. A．is leaving for; will leave B．are leaving for; leaves C．is leaving for; leaves D．will leave for; will leave
27．---How about going for a walk after supper? -----__________. A．No, I’m busy. B．Why do that? C．Yes, let’s do. D．Good idea 28．They believe that there is _________ in the world. A．no such a car B．no such car C．not such cars D．not such car 29．You’d better get the second-hand car ________ before you sell it. A．repaired B．repair C．repairing D．to repair 30．It was the first time in two years that I________ my youngest son face to face. A．have seen B．had seen C．saw D．see 31. I will never forget the days ____________ I lived in the country with my best friend. A. that B. which C. when D. at which 32. His parents ___________ him to give up the plan for the outing this weekend because of the bad weather but he just wouldn’t listen. A. hoped B. persuaded C. suggested D. tried to persuade 33. What really ___________ me was that no one helped the lady who was being hit on the bus. A. shocked B. frightened C. pleased D. excited 34. The United States is made up of fifty states, one of _____________ is separated from the others by the Pacific Ocean. A. those B. whose C. which D. that 35. Henry insisted that we ____________ everything ready before the evening party. A. got B. get C. would get D. had to get 36. We’d like to know the reason _________ he was late for class today. A. for B. why C. when D. that 37. ________ get to the company in time, we set out early in the morning. A．So as to B．In order to C．So that D．In order that 38．Could you tell me __________ the railway station? A．how I can get to B．how can I get to C．where I can get to D．where can I get to 39．It is so nice to hear from her. _______, we last met more than thirty years ago. A．What’s more B．That is to say C．In other words D．Believe it or not 40．Scientists say it may be five or six years _______ it is possible to test this medicine on human patients. A．since B．after C．before D．when
三、完型填空 (15%） （共 15 小题，每小题 1 分）
My chance came at last. Our school was going to hold a sports meet. I knew what it ___41___to me so I got up very early to prepare for it. I ____42____ running and jumping. When I was ___43__ , I reminded myself of my promise and went on. ___44___ the time came nearer, I felt quite confident . On the first day I came fourth in the 1500m race, but I was far from ___45___ because what I wanted most was the highlight of the sports meeting—250x8 relay race. I would run the last leg for my team.
With a shot, the race began. All the students were ____46___ for their team. The competition was so ___47___ that I began to feel nervous. Before my turn came, my team was ___48___ the others. Even worse, I almost dropped the stick when I was trying to take it. ___49___ after that, there was nothing in my mind except to run as fast as possible. Just when I was approaching the finish line, my legs ___50___. Then my promise came to mind again and ___51___me to go on. To my surprise, I was the first to ___52___ the finish line! At last, I had proved to myself and those who had often laughed at me that I am not weak at all! My classmates greeted me warmly and I hugged them tightly. I had won the prize as well as their ___53___. From the sports meeting, I learnt that sometimes things are not so difficult as they ___54___ to be. Just try your best without fear and you might be surprised at the ___55___. 41．A．mattered B．held C．meant D．brought 42．A．exercised B．practiced C．chose D．tried 43．A．tired B．upset C．lazy D．happy 44．A．For B．By C．With D．As 45．A．confident B．sad C．excited D．pleased 46．A．heading B．racing C．cheering D．shouting 47．A．difficult B．close C．heated D．near 48．A．running before B．leading C．falling behind D．catching up with 49．A．Then B．But C．Thus D．Even 50．A．gave in B．gave out C．gave up D．gave away 51．A．had B．made C．let D．got 52．A．draw B．cut C．cross D．catch 53．A．congratulations B．respect C．support D．pride 54．A．seem B．hope C．look D．expect 55．A．beginning B．place C．result D．time
四、阅读理解 (30%) (共 15 小题,每题 2 分)
A. In America, when the eighth graders leave the middle school, they are often worried about moving to the high school. It is a hard time for them, but it can be an exciting one as well. To make it easier, students need to get familiar with their school. Even though they’ve done this already in the middle school, it’s still important to find where their classrooms are. Most schools take students to the high school for a visit at the end of their eighth grade year. And, most schools also have a freshman (新生) speech for parents and students before the first year begins. Sometimes the main office will give away a map of the school. This can help students and parents to find different places in the school. One way to know your high school more and make new friends is to join a club or play a sport. Schools often offer chances to join different clubs and sports. Fall activities begin in
August before the first day of school. If you are not interested in sports, there are clubs for any interest, such as drama, dance, chess, photography, community service, etc. These clubs allow students from different grades. By joining an activity, students can find new friendships, not to mention improving their chances in future college applications (申请). The school office will have a list of activities offered at the school and information on how to join them. What’s more, to have a great start to a high school year, students can write down some of their worries, and ask for help from teachers and school workers. 56. According to the text, most students feel ________ when entering the high school. A. shocked B. nervous C. lonely D. disappointed
57. Which of the following is TRUE about the school clubs? A. There are fewer students from higher grades in the school clubs. B. The school clubs in high school only welcome sports fans. C. Summer activities begin before school starts. D. The school office can help new students join school clubs. 58. When do many schools take students to visit their new high school? A. At the end of their eighth grade year B. Right after the high school year starts. C. At the beginning of the new term in the high school. D. Before the eighth grade year starts. 59. What is the purpose of this text? A. To tell the new students how to learn in high school B. To give advice to new high school students. C. To give the teachers some advice. D. To introduce new schools to the new students. B The whole morning we just checked our own things. We were looking for items to give away. We thought of blankets, food and clothing. Our aim was not to find things we no longer wanted, but things we use every day and would be useful to others. We made up boxes with the things and added some small toys. Inside the boxes a simple letter was placed, reading: “Please take these items and know that your life is important. Times are difficult but they will pass. We share what we have, believing it will matter. Use the blanket to stay warm. Be safe and know that the human spirit can overcome（战胜） anything. Don’t hold your head down. Someday please do the same when you can. How you do it and when, your heart will tell you.
This kind act was not because the phone rang or for any reason. It was simply because it was the right time to do. We have often seen homeless people at the park where we left the belongings. The city would say that it isn’t a problem but I see the lives walking to and from it. I noticed that my wife had put her favorite green coat into one of the boxes. I asked if she was sure about it and she simply replied that it had a hood (风帽). She liked the coat but knew the hood could shelter someone from the rain. We don’t know where these gifts of compassion（同情）will go. We never go back and see what happens. It’s unimportant. The right things will find the right people and that is all that counts. On the way my wife started to cry. When I asked why, she said because some things felt so right. 60. What can we learn from the first paragraph about the couple？ A. They had deep feelings of their work B. They often threw the useless daily items away C. They liked helping others by sharing their things D. They often gave away the daily items they didn’t use 61. The couple placed the letter inside the box mainly to_______________. A. help the poor go through the difficulties B. let the poor know who gave away the things C. tell the poor how to use the items correctly D. tell the poor to pass on the spirit to others 62. Why did the author ask his wife if she was sure about giving away her green coat? A. Because he thought the coat was very valuable B. Because he thought the coat was of very high price C. Because he thought he liked the coat very much himself D. Because he thought she liked the coat very much herself 63. What’s the best title for this passage? A. Boxes filled with compassion C. The most important thing in our life B. Good behavior leading to happiness D. Happiness coming from sharing things
1 Garden building is considered an important part of Chinese culture. Some people say that if , you have never walked through a Chinese garden, you cannot say that you have really visited 3 China. , Traditional Chinese gardens are located(位于)in North China in such places as Beihai Park, 5 the Summer Palace, the Forbidden City. In larger imperial (皇家的) gardens, the main buildings
are connected by an imaginary（虚构的） line in the middle of the garden on the north-south axis(轴). Other features (特征)of imperial gardens are colored-paintings, man-made hills and lakes. Most private gardens are found in the south, especially in cities south of the Yangtze River. Private gardens were mostly built at one side or at the back of the houses. Around the beautiful scene are small open areas with beautiful shaped-doors through which visitors can enjoy the sights. They are open on all sides and are often near the water so that the whole scene can be enjoyed. Suzhou, known as the home of gardens, displays the most and the best Chinese traditional private gardens. Different parts of it are examples of the garden style of the Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties.
The landscape（庭院式） garden contains a number of pleasant natural scenes and some fairy tales. The ancient Chinese used to call the garden landscape “Jing”, which means “scene” in English. Good examples include the ten West Lake Scenes in Hangzhou, the twenty-four slim West Lake in Yangzhou and the eight Daming Lake Scenes in Jinan. 64. Which of the following is NOT a feature of the imperial garden? A. There is a north-south axis in the center of garden B. There are man-made hills and lakes in the gardens. C. They were built because of some fairy tales. D. They have colored-paintings. 65. In the third paragraph, the underlined word “They” refer to ______. A. private gardens C. the houses B. beautiful scenes D. rivers and lakes
66. According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE? A. Chinese people often invite foreigners to visit a Chinese garden. B. The landscape garden reflects different styles of the Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties. C. All three kinds of gardens make up the important part of Chinese culture. D. People enjoy the private gardens more than other two styles. D Rescue workers at the San Jose gold and copper mine in northern Chile had reason to sing this week. A small hole drilled into the earth became a passage（通道） to freedom for thirty-three trapped miners. They spent sixty-nine days underground. "Never have people been trapped for so long so deeply," says a doctor at NASA, the American space agency, which helped in the rescue. But the chief medical officer for the miners said most are in good enough health to leave
the hospital within a day or so. The first three were released from the hospital on Thursday night. For much of the day the miners relaxed with Chilean President Sebastian Pinera. The thirty-two Chileans and one Bolivian still wore special sunglasses to protect their eyes. A partial mine collapse（坍塌） on 5th of August trapped them more than half a kilometer underground．They had to stretch a two-day food supply．For two weeks no one knew if they were alive or dead. Later, they received supplies 供给） and a video link lowered through drill holes. That link （ was how Ariel Ticona watched his wife give birth to their daughter. The miners have apparently agreed to share the money they earn from selling their story. They have already received gifts of money and travel offers．Edison Pena has been invited to the New York City Marathon and to Graceland, the home of Elvis Presley in Memphis, Tennessee. Mr. Pena described how he ran in the mine tunnels to ease the stress．And he led the miners in singing Elvis songs. The first miner rescued on Wednesday was Florencio Avalos. The second was Mario Sepulveda, who talked about how the experience tested his faith．He said: "I was with God and I was with the devil, they fought me, but God won．He took me by my best hand, the hand of God." The last miner up was Luis Urzua．He was the shift leader when his crew became trapped． Rescuers used a metal cage to pull the miners to safety in less than twenty-four hours -faster than expected. The rescue capsule was a half-meter wide and known as the Phoenix. 67. How many miners had been rescued according to the report? A. Three B. Sixty-nine C. Thirty-three D. Thirty-two 68. Edison Pena was invited to Graceland probably because ________________. A. he ran in the mine tunnel. C. he led the miners in singing Elvis songs. B. he prayed to God. D. he was the leader of the mine.
69. From the passage, we can infer the followings EXCEPT that _______________. A. Rescue workers were happy about their rescue work. B. People felt surprised to find the miners safe and sound. C. People might have been quite worried about the miners’ safety. D. The trapped miners drilled a small hole themselves to escape. 70. What would be the best title for the report? A. A mining accident. C. A difficult rescue. B. Miners saved, safe and healthy. D. Miners trapped deep underground.
五、单词拼写（10%） （共 10 小题，每题 1 分）
1. Dead and i____________ people lay everywhere after the terrible accident. 2. When you have a high fever, you will probably s______________ a headache. 3. Sandy found himself e_______ lost in the country. He had to ask somebody to show him the way back home. 4. Water pipes often b_______________ in cold weather. 5. Yesterday the lady was a__________________ by a man with a knife when she went out of the bank . 6. I know nothing about Jane after g______________ from middle school. 7. Are you f_____________ of the present given by your uncle? 8. The people tried their best to save the boy who was t____________ under the ruins. 9. That man d_____________ most of his time to studying animals three years ago. 10. That child has a very a________________ imagination and he always can think of some new ideas.
六、词组翻译（10%） （共 10 小题，每题 1 分）
1. When you are in trouble, please ____________________(求助于) the teacher for help. 2. He has been _______________________ (失业)for three years and has to borrow money everywhere for living. 3. He failed many times, but he did not ________________(丧失信心). 4. I don't _____________ (关心) the price, so long as the car is in good condition. 5. Do you think the mother will ________________ (让步于) her son? 6. The information is very important. I’ll call the manager________________.(立刻；马上) 7. On hearing the good news, he _____________________ (突然哭了) with joy. 8. Many beautiful fish are fast disappearing _________________ (因为) the severe pollution. 9. How are you ________________________ (进展)your new school life? 10. The problem hasn’t ___________________ (被提出) yet.
七、句子翻译（20%） （共 10 题，每题 2 分）
1. 死伤的人数达到 40 多万. _____________________________________________________________________________ 2. 救援人员为那些家园被毁的幸存者盖起了避难所. _____________________________________________________________________________ 3. 水，电和食物都很难弄到。 _____________________________________________________________________________ 4. 晚上我们埋头读书。 _____________________________________________________________________________ 5. 农家大院里的鸡，甚至猪都紧张地不想吃食。 _____________________________________________________________________________
6. 他十分慷慨地给予我时间，我为此非常感激。 _____________________________________________________________________________ 7. Nelson Mandela 给予我帮助的那一天是我一生中最高兴的日子。 _____________________________________________________________________________ 8. 我仅仅在那里读了两年的学校有三公里远。 _____________________________________________________________________________ 9. 过去 30 年来所出现的大量法律剥夺我们的权利，阻挡我们的进步，一直到今天，我们 今天还处在几乎什么权利都没有的阶段。 _____________________________________________________________________________ 10. Mandela 是我寻求帮助的一位黑人律师。 _____________________________________________________________________________
八、书面表达（15%） （共 1 小题，每题 15 分）
2008 年 5 月 12 日汶川大地震带来的伤痛让国人永远铭记在心。三年过去了， 一个新汶川 重新展现在世人的面前。近日某英语报社举办主题为“New Wenchuan, Great Changes”的征 文大赛，请你根据提示写一篇 100 词左右的英语短文参加此次大赛。 1. 地震造成的后果； 2. 地震后的重建。 注意：写作应包括全部提示内容，可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。
一． 听力理解 ( 10%)（共 20 小题，每题 0.5 分) 1-5 ABCBC 6-10 CBACB 11-15 CCAAB 16-20 ACCAB. 二、单选（10%） （共 20 小题，每题 0.5 分） 21-25BBBDD 26-30CDBAB 31-35 CDACB 36-40BBADC 三、完型填空 (15%） （共 15 小题，每小题 1 分） 41-45 CBADD 46-50 CBCBB 51-55 DCBAC 四、阅读理解 (30%)(共 15 小题,每题 2 分) 56-59 BDAB 60-63 CDDA 64-66 CAC 67-70 CCDB 五、单词拼写（10%） （共 10 小题，每题 1 分） 1. injured 2. suffer 3. entirely 4. burst 5. attacked 6. graduating 7. fond 8. trapped 9. devoted 10. active 六、词组翻译（15%） （共 15 小题，每题 1 分） 1. turn to 2. out of work 3. lose heart 4. care about 5. give in to 6. right away 7. burst into tears / burst out crying 8. because of 9. getting along with 10. come up 七、句子翻译（20%） （共 10 题，每题 2 分） 1. The number of people who were killed or seriously injured reached more than 400,000. 2. Workers built shelters for survivors whose homes had been destroyed. 3. Water, food , and electricity were hard to get. 4. In the evening we bury ourselves in the books. In the evening we are buried in the books. 5. In the farmyards, the chickens and even the pigs were too nervous to eat. 6. He was generous with his time, for which I was grateful. 7. The day when Nelson Mandela helped me was one of my happiest. 8. The school where I studied for only two years was three kilometers away. 9. The last thirty years have seen the greatest number of laws stopping our rights and progress , until today we have reached a stage where we have almost no rights at all. 10. Mandela was the black lawyer to whom I went for advice. 八、书面表达（10%） （共 1 小题，每题 10 分） One possible version: New Wenchuan, Great Changes On May 12,2008 a great earthquake struck Wenchuan where many houses were destroyed and thousands of people lost their lives in a short time. Almost everything was in ruins. Luckily all the people from our country gave a helpful hand to the people who were in trouble. Great changes have taken place in Wenchuan in the past three years. The brave people in Wenchuan have done their best to rebuild their own hometown. Lots of of buildings have been set up and students go to their new schools to study happily. You’ll find a new beautiful Wenchuan while visiting here!
copyright ©right 2010-2020。