Unit 5 Using Language
Step 1 Warming-up
Step 2 Competition
1. Which continent is Peru in?
A. South America B. Africa
2. Which country once
A. France B. Spain C. Portugal
3. Which mountains are in Peru?
A. Rocky mountains B. Andes Mountains C. Himalayas Mountains D. Alps Mountains
4. Which is the national flag of Peru?
5. Which city is the capital of Peru?
A. Lima B. Puno C. Cuzco
6. Which empire once existed in Peru?
A. Roma B. Spanish C. Inca
7. Which is the ancient capital of Inca?
8. What does Machu Picchu mean in Quechua (盖丘亚族人语)language?
A. Strong empire
B. Hot place
C. Home near the sea
D. Old mountain
Step 3 Read and answer
? Read the short passage on Page 43, and then discuss the questions below. 1. Why is Cuzco popular with tourists? 2. What is special about Lake Titicaca? 3. What do you think the two official
languages of Peru are?
1. Why is Cuzco popular with tourists? Cuzco is popular because it is close to Machu Picchu and is a good place to see both Spanish and Indian culture and art.
2. What is special about Lake Titicaca? Lake Titicaca is the highest navigable lake in the world, on which boats can travel.
3. What do you think the two official languages of Peru are? Spanish and Indian.
1. Read the passage to fill in the blanks.
· Experience the 1_______ wildlife diverse Tour 1 and the mountain scenery. sunrise · the 2________ over the . See · Visit the 3________ of Machu ruins Picchu.
· Enjoy fantastic views of the 4________ countryside from to highland Puno Tour 2 · Travel by boat across 5_______________, stopping on Lake Titicaca floating the way at the 6___________ island of the Uros people. local · Stay with a 7___________ family to learn more about their life.
· Learn about the history of the 8.______ and visit the 9_________ Andes museums · Admire the Spanish 10____________ and enjoy some architecture Tour 3 Spanish 11______ cuisine · Buy some 12__________ souvenirs · Visit the ruins of and the 13___________ of the Inca king. royal tomb
· to the 14_________ of the Fly lowlands Amazon Jungle and then travel Tour 4 to a forest 15_________ by boat reserve · Explore the jungle.
1. Read again and answer the following questions.
1. On which Tours can you visit the famous Inca ruins of the city of Machu Picchu? A. Tour 1 and Tour 2 B. Tour 2 and Tour 3 C. Tour 1 and Tour 3 D. Tour 3 and Tour 4
2. If you want to get an opportunity to learn about the Uros Indian’s life, you can choose _____. A. Tour 1 B. Tour 2 C. Tour 3 D. Tour 4 3. You can _______ on Tour 4. A. explore the jungle B. enjoy some excellent food C. buy some great souvenirs D. Stay with a local family for a fully-day
4. What can you do on Tour 1?
A. admire the Spanish architecture
B. see the sunrise over the Andes
C. watch bird sights
D. visit the royal tomb of the Inca King
5. What kind of people would enjoy Tour 2? A. People who loves climbing mountain B. People who are interested in historical sites C. People who wants to know the lifestyle and custom of local people D. People who is fond of animals especially birds.
2. Discussion ? If you spent two weeks in and around Cuzco, which tours best suit you?
copyright ©right 2010-2020。