The United Kingdom
Discovering useful structures
Discovering Useful Structures
The past participle
as the Object Complement
br />英语中有些及物动词，除有一个直接宾语以外，还 要有一个宾语补足语，才能使句子的意义完整。
We think him clever.
(宾语) (宾补) (宾语) (宾补)
What he said made me angry.
We consider the answer correct.
Everyone calls him Tom.
宾语补足语的表示法 1.His father named him Jack. (名词)
2.They painted their house white. (形容词) 3.You mustn’t force him to go at once.
4. Nobody noticed him enter the room.
5. We saw her entering the room.
6. We must get the work finished by 10 o’clock. (过去分词)
7. We take English as a useful tool for research work. （介词短语） 8. Whenever you may go, you will find him at work. （介词短语） 9. Let the fresh air in. （副词） 10. The plant has its own name. You cannot call it what you will. (从句)
过去分词作宾语补足语，表示动作已经完成 或结束。过去分词与宾语有逻辑上的动宾关 系，即宾语是过去分词动作的对象。 After waking up, I found everyone gone. The speaker raised her voice to make herself heard. They found their new bikes stolen.
1. 在feel, find, hear, notice, see, watch等 表示感觉和心理状态的动词之后，表 示感受（...）到某人或某事被...（）。 I was sleeping when I heard my name called. He was disappointed to find his suggestions turned down.
He wants to have his eyes examined tomorrow. Be careful, or you'll have your hands hurt. He had the walls painted this morning.
2. 在get, have, make, keep使役动词之后, 用过去分词作宾语补足语, 表示“使/ 让 ...被...” 。
We should keep them informed of what is going on here.
Jane got her bad tooth pulled out at the dentist’s.
3. 表示“意欲；命令”的动词如like, order,
want, wish，可用过去分词作宾语补足语。 I wish these letters typed as soon as possible. He didn’t want such a question discussed at the meeting.
4. “with ＋宾语＋过去分词”结构 “with ＋宾语＋过去分词”结构中，过去 分词用作介词 with 的宾语补足语。这一 结构通常在句中作时间、方式、条件、原 因等状语。 The murderer was brought in, with his hands tied behind his back. With water heated, we can see the steam. With the matter settled, we all went home.
过去分词作宾语补足语时，宾语是动作 的承受者；现在分词作宾语补足语时宾 语是动作的执行者。试比较： I found him lying on the grass just now. I found him knocked down by a car.
过去分词与不定式，现在分词作宾语 补足语的区别 过去分词强调他们之间的被动关系，不 定式强调动发生的全过程，现在分词强 调它们之间的主动关系。 I saw her come into the classroom. I saw her coming into the classroom. I saw her taken out of the classroom.
一、用所给动词的适当形式填空。 1. The reporter promised to keep us _________ (inform) of the latest news. informed 2. I’m afraid I can’t make myself _________ understood (understand) clearly without explaining the question. 3. The manager was happy to see all of the problems _________ (settle) so settled quickly.
developed 4. Have you had my film ____________ (develop)? I can’t wait to see all my photos. 5. When I entered the office, I found the
window _________ (break) and the broken computer _______ (steal). stolen 6. James had some flowers ______ (send) sent to Sarah on her birthday.
7. What he had said made me ________. surprised (surprise) following 8. There was a terrible noise _________ the sudden burst of light. (follow) 9. My glasses are broken. I’ll have to get them ________.(repair) repaired 10. With her finger _______ to the broken pointing vase, my mother asked me, “Who did that?” (point) 11. The doctor warned him not to eat food ________ after the operation. (not eat)
1. The manager discussed the plan that they would like to see ____ the next year. C A. carry out B. carrying C. carried out D. to carry out
2. In the past few years, we have had thousands of trees ____ around our school. B A. plant B. planted C. planting D. being planted 3. She was glad to see her child well ____ A care of. A. take B. to be taken C. taken D. taking C
C 4. He found them ____ at table___. A. sat; to play chess B. sitting; to play chess C. seated; playing chess D. seat; play the chess seat 座位 be seated 坐下
5. I can make you ___ what I say, but you B can’t make yourself ____ in English. A. understand; understand B. understand; understood C. to understand; understand D. understand; to be understood
6. The girl asked him not to leave the door _____. B A. to close B. closed C. to be closed D. closing 7. I have often heard the ABC song____, C but I have never heard Alice ____ it. A. to be sung; to sing B. being sung; sang C. sung; sing D. sang; singing
8. The two students were told to have the classroom _______ after school. B A. clean B. cleaned C. cleaning D. to clean 9. Can you suggest a good way to get my spoken English _________ in a short D period of time? A. improve B. improving C. to improve D. improved
10. You can hear English ______ in almost C every university in China. A. speak B. speaking C. spoken D. to speak 11. In order to make herself ________, she B tried raising her voice. A. hear B. heard C. hearing D. being heard 12. Miss Lin found her house ______ when B she came back from New York. A. break into B. broken into C. to break into D. breaking into
三、用sing的正确形式填空。 1. I often hear the girl ____ this English sing song in her room.（经常性.习惯性） 2. The girl is often heard _______ this to sing English song in her room.（被动语态 要加to） 3. I hear this English song sung in her ____ room. 4. This English song was heard ____ by sung the girl in her room. 5. I heard the girl singing this English _______ song in her room when I passed by.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。