1. close adj.亲密的，亲近的 close friends She is close to her father. close adv. 接近，靠近 She lives close to the museum. v. 关闭，
结束 Close the door, please. Watch him closely!(紧密地,密切地) Shops are closed during the holiday.（关着的） The close friend close to the door closed the door.
get close to 亲近 Don't get close to the burning building, or you'll get hurt. 2.trust n/v. 相信，信任,信赖 I have trust in him. We trust him.=We believe in him. I believe you. =I believe what you said. 我相信你所说的话。 trust in 信奉，对……有信心 Do you trust in God?
3. amount n. 数量 v. 合计 the amount of + un. 大量的…… a large /great/good amount of +un. + 单数v. large amounts of +un. + 复数v. In large/small amounts 大/少量的 to the amount of … 总共达……总计达…… There is a large amount of work for us to do. Large amounts of money were spent on the project.
4. raise v. 举起；提高，增加；抚养，饲养； 提出;筹集； raise money= collect money raise one’s hand raise a question raise one’s voice raise hopes/awareness 唤起希望／意识 The landlord raised my rent.
5. count v. 数，计算；把……算在内；有 重要意义，有价值
They are counting the books they collected. There are ten people, not counting the guide. Every second counts. 6. keep in touch with sb. 和某人保持联系 be in touch with … 和……有联系 be/get out of touch with… 失去联系，不了解 get in touch with… 和……取得联系 lose touch with… 和……失去联系
7. mention v. 提及，说起，谈到 n. (一般用单数)提到，涉及到 not to mention 更不必说，更谈不上 make no mention make mention of… mention sth. to sb. 向某人提及某事 It is worth mentioning that … 值得一提的是 mention + v-ing/that/wh- 提到，说起…… Don’t mention it. 不客气，不用谢。 You never mentioned that your wife had had the baby!
Unfortunately, the problem didn’t be mentioned. Did you mention this to the boss? 8. tear n. (常用复数) 眼泪 v. 撕破，扯破，划破；撕扯，拔掉( tore, torn) burst into tears/laughter 放声大哭/大笑 tear sth into/to pieces=tear sth up tear sth out/off/away 把某物撕开/撕掉 tear one’s heart out 使心碎 He has torn a hole in his T—shirt. The contract lay on the ground, torn to pieces.
9. burst out 突然……起来；突然说出 Burst out crying/laughing 突然大哭/大笑 I don’t believe it! She burst out angrily. They all burst out laughing at the expression on her face. (动名词) Lucy suddenly burst into tears.(名词) 10. regret (regretted, regretted, regretting) 后悔，因……而遗憾（v-ing/that） I believe you will regret leaving Paris. I regret to say that I am unable to help you.
regret for 为自己的过失感到遗憾或后悔 regret at/over 为别人的行为而感到遗憾 He regretted for what he had done. We regretted at her absence. 11. fair n. 义卖会，商品展览会 The next World Fair will be held in South Korea. adj. 公平的，公正的;（皮肤）白皙的（头发） 金色的 A judge must be fair. be fair to sb. 对某人公平，公正 (unfair) She is fair to every one. She has fair hair and skin.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。