一、省南通中学 2012 年秋学期高二 12 月月考英语试题
21.The film 2012 has filled some people with ________ fear that ________ man will meet termi
nal disasters in 2012. A. a；/ B. a；the C. /；the D. the；/ 22.The noise _______, she couldn’t live here any longer. A. is too loud to put up B. is too loud to live with C. being too loud to put up D. being too loud to live with 23.No matter how frequently ________, the works of Beethoven still attract people all over the world. A. performed B. performing C. to be performed D. being performed 24.The lawyer suggested that the problem worth paying attention_____ at the next meeting. A. to be discussed B. to being discussed C. being discussed D. be discussed 25.She is a vegetarian. She will __________ if you mention eating meat in front of her. A. fall over the moon B. be down in the dumps C. get hot under the collar D. laugh her head off 26.The setting sun was reflected on the river, ________ everything along the banks ________ all the more beautiful. A. to make; look B. making; looking C. making; to look D. making; look 27.The ability ________ an idea is as important as the idea itself. A. expressing B. expressed C. to express D. to be expressed 28.The lack of evidence and witness led to _______ . A. the appeal having rejected B. reject the appeal C. the appeal being rejected D. the appeal to be rejected 29.The good thing about children is that they ________ very easily to new environments. A. adapt B. appeal C. adopt D. apply 30.So much of interest ________ that most visitors run out of time before seeing it all. A. offers Beijing B. Beijing offers C. does Beijing offer D. Beijing does offer 31. —What’s the event like? —Several witnesses’ _______differ from the official version. A. accounts B. opinions C. description D. explanations 32.With a lot of difficult problems_________, they are working hard day and night! A. settling B. to settle C. being settled D. settled 33.With more trees being destroyed, huge quantities of soil ________ each year. A. are washing away B. is being washed away C. has been washed away D. are being washed away 34.The big fire in Shanghai, believed to ________ due to the burning of construction materials, caused 58 deaths and destroyed all the belongings of the people there. A. have occurred B. occur C. have been occurring D. be occurring
35. — What do you think of this new five-year plan? — We believe it will ________ the peace, stability and prosperity of our country in future. A. distribute to B. refer to C. subscribe to D. contribute to 36.After the students put up New Year decorations, the classroom ________ a holiday appearance. A. put on B. turned on C. took on D. carried on 37.It’s time I ________to the company, and it is the first time that I ________there. A. have got; got B. went; got C. have gone; have got D. went; have got 38.She studied the young man’s expression with her _____ eyes, because she didn’t believe him. A. wise B. sharp C. clever D. tough 39.Nowadays, more and more people are addicted _______ shopping on the Net, ______ a challenge to traditional department stores. A. to doing; becoming B. to do; to become C. doing; having become D. to dong; becomes 40.This candidate has far more chances of winning the election than _________ recommended by the organizer. A. that B. the one C. whom D. one 41. — Do you think it ________ to spend 70 yuan watching the film “The flowers of war”? — Haven’t you seen the film? I think it is well ________ the money. A. worthy; worth B. worthwhile; worth C. worth; worthy D. worthy; worthwhile 42.As we have mentioned previously, we will be dedicated to solving the problem within the current framework, rather than _____ a new one. A. establishing B. establish C. to establish D. established 43.The possibility of a murder _____, the police have set about looking for the clues to her suicide. A. to be ruled out B. to rule out C. having ruled out D. having been ruled out 44.The flowers ________ sweet in the garden look ________ and attract the visitors to the beauty of nature. A. to smell; beautifully B. smell; lovely C. are smelt; beautiful D. smelling; lovely 45.The more you practise _____ English, the better your _____ English will be. A. to speak; speaking B. speaking; spoken C. spoken; spoken D. spoken; speaking 46.Having a trip abroad is certainly good for the old couple, but it remains ______ whether they will enjoy it. A. to see B. to be seen C. seeing D. seen 47.He is a man of few words, and seldom speaks until _______ to. A. spoken B. speaking C. speak D. be spoken 48.—_____ us a definite answer can’t solve the problem. —I agree with you. Someone must have a talk with him. A. Avoiding to give B. Avoiding giving C. He avoided giving D. His avoiding giving 49.____ awake, he finished a cup of coffee and ordered another. A. Staying B. Stayed C. To stay D. Having stayed
50.Much disappointed as he is _______ in the job interview, he still keeps his confidence. A. to have failed B. failed C. having failed D. failing
二、射阳县高级中学 2012 年秋学期高二英语期末考试试题
21. Wu Bangguo, _______ Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress (NPC), will deliver_______ work report in March , 2013. A. a; / B. a; a C. /; a D. the; the 22. It has been announced that students remain in their seats until all the papers have been collected. A. can B. will C. shall D. may 23. Policies are also an important factor for the car market ______ the purchasing power of people. A. in addition B. beside C. expect for D. apart from 24. Can you move the desk a little further, for it most of the office？ A. takes up B. takes off C. takes in D. take on 25. ________ tomorrow, I would take a bus to school. A. If it rains B. If it was to rain C. Should it rain D. Rained it 26. —Listen, Lily is playing the piano! —Wow, how sweet the music ______! A. is heard B. hears C. is sounding D. sounds 27. Everyone should _______________ the environment. A. make a contribution to protect B. make contribution to protecting C. contribute in protecting D. make contributions to protecting 28. This morning I saw an old friend of mine in the street by ______. A. event B. accident C. affair D. matter 29. _______ a small number of Australians are bitten by spiders each year, most recover without any medical treatment. A. While B. Unless C. When D. Because 30.—I wonder if you could go with me to the supermarket. —Sorry. I _______ my experiment report all the morning and haven’t finished yet. A. write B. was writing C. have written D. have been writing 31. Maria has written two novels, both of ___ have been made into television series. A. them B. that C. which D. what 32. On AIDS Day, the minister of Health Department demanded that the problems ______ paid special attention to. A. referred to being B. referred to be C. refer to being D. refer to be 33. I think you two, _______Tom, ______ the broken glass. A. rather than; are to blame for B. rather than; is to be blamed for C. other than; is responsible for D. more than; are blamed for 34. —I regret _____ you that Mary was badly injured in the accident. —I can hardly believe my eyes. She is always so careful. A. informing B. having informed C. to inform D. to have informed
35. — It’s reported in the local newspaper that the murderer was caught in a small town. — ______ A. Justice has long arms. B. Lies have short legs. C. One false move may lose the game. D. Kings go mad, and the people suffer for it.
三、省射阳中学 2012 年秋学期高二英语期末考试试题
21. Acupuncture uses _______stainless steel needles that are put into ______ skin at certain points on the body. A. /; the B. the; the C. /; / D. the, / 22. It’s said that the _______child can’t _______himself to the new environment in America. A. adopted; adapt B. adapted; adjusted C. adopts ; adjust D. adapted; adopts 23. Our monitor ___________quit, for he feels honored to ________the role. A. mustn’t; take on B. shouldn’t; have put on C. needn’t; put on D. may not; have taken on 24. The time of the last term, ________full use of ________the college entrance examination, will be very important to every senior three student. A．when made ; making preparations for B. if made; to prepare for C．that made; to prepare D. whether is made; preparing for 25. The boy burst into the classroom, _________ and looking ______ around all of us. A. angrily; anxiously B. angry; anxious C. angrily; anxious D. angry; anxiously 26. Bob would have helped us yesterday, but he ______ busy. A. was B. is C. had been D. will be 27. Just a few experts __________to the idea that the financial crisis will last for more than three years. A. subscribe B. contribute C. distribute D. correspond 28. —What would you like me to do? I’m ____________. —Thank you. A. in a rush B. at your command C. for good measure D. in good spirits 29. The _______ teacher thinks it _______ to devote so much time to his students. A. worth; worthwhile B. worthwhile; worthy C. worthy; worth D. worthy; worthwhile 30. The handle of the door has_______ loose. His prediction ______ true. A. turned; is proved B. become; proves C. grown; proves D. remained; proved 31. The _________ of parents for their children, as is often the case, is the greatest and can’t be measured with money. A. performance B. affection C. sacrifice D. reception 32. Key European governments insist Iraq’s co-operation ____ good and military action______ to allow safety checks to continue. A. be; be delayed B. is; delay C. should be; be delayed D. is; be delayed 33. We were really anxious about you. We you back the whole night, you____
home without a word. A. have been expecting; mustn’t leave B. had been expecting; mustn’t have left C. were expecting; shouldn't have left D. expected; weren’t supposed to leave 34. We are going to spend the Spring Festival in Guangzhou, _______ live my grandparents and some relatives. A. which B. that C. who D. where 35. Keep in mind_____ you want others to respect you, you must respect others first. A. that when B. that if C. if when D. when if
四、省新海高级中学 2012 年秋学期高二 1 月月考英语试题
21. Her failure in the college entrance exam _________ her the opportunity to go to university. A. spent B. took C. cost D. paid 22. ______herself to her research, she could hardly spare time for her family. A. Devoted B. Being devoted C. Devoting D. To devote 23. You can’t imagine the trouble we have had______ the exam. A. passed B. to pass C. passing D. being passed 24. It’s said that the _______child can’t _______himself to the new environment in America. A. adopted; adapt B. adapted; adopted C. adopts ; adopt D. adapted; adapts 25.Bob would have helped us yesterday ,but he ______. A. was busy B. is busy C. had been busy D. will be busy. 26. —Have you seen my pet dog? It’s nowhere to be seen. —Well, it______ have gone too far. I heard it barking just now. A. shouldn’t B. mustn’t C. can’t D. wouldn’t 27. ______ the employees' working efficiency, the supervisor will allow them to have a coffee break. A. Improving B. To improve C. Having improved D. Improved 28. —Father, you promised! —Well, _____. But it was you who didn’t keep your word first. A. so was I B. so did I C. so I was D. so I did 29. When _____ help, one often says “ Thank you” or “It’s kind of you”. A. offering B. to offer C. to be offered D. offered 30. —Now, where is my MP3? —_________! We’ll be late for the picnic. A. Take your time B. Don’t worry C. Take it easy D. Come on
五、江苏省徐州市贾汪中学 2012 年秋学期高二英语 12 月月考试题
21. —Was John in the school when you arrived? —Yes, but he _______ off soon afterwards. A. will go B. was going C. had gone D. went 22. With the recent increase in tourism, our hometown has _______ a new look in recent years. A. taken up B. taken on C. taken in D. taken off 23. At last they came to a small farm house in the cold moonlight, _______ lived an old man and his beautiful girl.
A. which B. that C. there D. where 24. Born and _______ in a zoo, these animals would not be able to survive in the wild. A. risen B. raised C. developed D. grown 25. _______ he got the news, Mr. Wang hurried out of his house, and _______ his car,drove all the way into town. A. Until; started B. The moment; having started C. Until; starting D. Once; to start 26. A growing number of students who studied overseas have returned to start their own businesses and serve their motherland _________ in recent years. A. surprisingly B. enthusiastically C. meaningfully D. appropriately 27. These days there seems to be no such thing _________ people have no enough food to eat and some even starve to death in our country. A. whether B. that C. which D. what 28. —I will pick you up at 6 tomorrow morning. —So early! I _______ then. A. will sleep B. will have slept C. will have been sleeping D. will be sleeping 29. I _______ the show, because I heard that there were many famous stars giving performances. What a good opportunity I have lost! A. would attend B. should have attended C. would have attended D. should attend 30. —How long will the summer camp last? —We will stay here for as long as our water and food supplies ________. A. hold out B. keep up C. die out D. use up 31. It is reported that the driver ______ for nearly 20 hours continuously before the traffic accident happened. A. had driven B. have been driving C. have driven D. drove 32. Faced with difficulties or failure in exams, many a student _______ a negative attitude most of the time. A. have shown B. had shown C. shows D. show 33. Some specialists think that it is not a good idea for parents to give their children money or other things as a(n) _______ when they are good. A. reward B. prize C. award D. result 34. —It was a long way. Why didn’t you come to borrow my bicycle? —Oh, I thought it _______. A. will be used B. was used C. had been used D. was being used 35. —I am going to an interview this afternoon. —______! A. Congratulations B. Cheers C. Best wishes D. Good luck
六、江苏省徐州市贾汪中学 2012 年秋学期高二英语 1 月月考试题
21. In order to keep peace in this region, the United Nations set _____ deadline for the countries to accept ______ peace plan. A. a; a B. a; the C. the; a D. the; the 22. He is intelligent enough but lac the _____to study English .He is sure to learn it very quickly once he realizes its importance.
A. interest rather than in the country. A. are living facilities for such games. A. accomplish behind. A. left
23. By the middle of the 21st century, the vast majority of the world’s population _______ in cities B. will be living C. have lived D. will have lived
24. Parents hold strong views against video games and ________ the closing of all recreation B. achieve C. advocate D. acquire
25. As he approached the door, Mike looked into the room again to see if he ______ anything B. had left C. would leave D. would have left
26. In Brunei, many foreigners have trouble _________ their shoes on when in someone’s house. A. getting accustomed not to have C. to get accustomed to not having economic base. A. in favor of B. in place of C. for fear of D. for lack of 28. The chief manager has decided to put ______ he thinks is energetic, clever and capable to the position of the leadership of the company. A. whatever for safety. A. mustn’t allow room. A. Being B. There was C. As there being D. There being 31. Though the suspect refused to admit that he had stolen the precious diamond at first, he ________ and admitted everything when he was shown the videotape. A. broke up B. broke away C. broke down D. broke through 32. --- Can I use the fax on the table, sir? --- In no case ______ to use the fax for the personal affairs A. anyone is allowed C. is anyone allowed B. nobody is allowed D. is nobody allowed B. can’t allow C don’t allow D. not allow 30. ______ nothing more to discuss, the CEO got to his feet, said goodbye and left the meeting B. whoever C. whichever D. whomever 29. It is strongly recommended that parents _______ children under 12 to ride bicycles to school B. getting accustomed not to having D. getting accustomed to not having
27. The newly married couple decided to give up their honeymoon trip ________ a sound
33. A major earthquake______ 8.0on the Richter scale strongly______ Wenchuan Country in Sichuan Province at 2:28 p.m. on May 12. 2008. A. measured; shaken C. measuring; shook B. measured; shaking D. measuring ; shaking
34. It was not until last month ________ they found ________ was shown on the screen, Loss of Love for Thirty－three Day, was surprisingly well-received by young people. A. when; that B. that; what C. when; what D. that; that 35. — I need to advertise for a roommate for next term. — ________? Mary is interested A. Why bother B. Why not C. So what D. What for
七、江苏省盐城中学 2012-2013 学年高二英语寒假作业反馈练习
21. In the past ten years, seven prime ministers’ coming into ______ power by turns leaves the current political situation in Japan in ______ chaos. A. a; / B. the; / C. /; the D. /; / 22. The eighteenth National Congress of CPC declares that our Party and the Chinese people will ______ the reform and opening policies firmly. A. keep up with B. push ahead with C. end up with D. come up with 23. It would be impossible for him to leave hospital if he ______ first aid when the accident happened. A. hadn’t been given B. shouldn’t be given C. weren’t given D.wouldn’t be given 24. --- What do you think of the new law passed by the government? --- ______ improving things, it has left many people much worse off than before. A. Far from B. Along with C. Because of D. Next to 25. ______ around the new aircraft carrier of China, Liaoning, Hu Jintao delivered an important speech about the construction of the army. A. Having shown B. Being shown C. Having been shown D. To show 26. --- Does it matter much ______ your parents give gift money to you? --- Of course. A. whether B. that C. what D. when 27. It was not until I reached my apartment building and unlocked the door __ what the noise had been. A. that did I realize B. before I realized C. that I realized D. did I realize 28. There is still high possibility, ____ can be seen at the moment, ______ our company can beat the opponents. A. which; when B. where; that C. that; which D. which; that 29. The young professor was offered the position of headmaster when it fell ______. A. precious B. temporary C. vacant D. basic 30. My students, ______ you have a heart loving life, you always can find things that would make you happy each day. A. as though B. if only C. as long as D. even though 31. The economists in both China and America believe that ______ to free trade between the two countries destroy wealth, benefiting no one in the long run. A. commitments B. adaptations C. barriers D. positions 32. All the mistakes made in your exercises need going over before you take the exam, ______? A. needn’t they B. don’t they C. didn’t they D. don’t you 33. --- We are trying to figure out _____ that made “Occupy Wall Street” protests break out in America. --- The answer lies in their social and economic inequality, which ______ for a long time. A. what was it, has been existing B. what it was, has existed C. why it was, has existed D. why was it, existed 34. Furniture made of pollution-free wooden material has certain advantage over ______ made of a common resin material. A. those B. one C. that D. what 35. --- I heard that your wife spent all afternoon yesterday cooking a special dinner for your wedding anniversary.
--- Actually she was really ______ when I came home three hours late. A. on cloud nine B. hot under the collar C. green with envy
D. over the moon
八、江苏省盐城中学 2012-2013 学年高二 12 月阶段测试英语试题
21. By tradition, on __________ Independence Day, Americans play sports, have barbecues and hold parties throughout __________ day to celebrate this festival. A. the, the B. a, the C. the, a D. /, the 22. It’s the __________ in the west to open a present when someone gives __________ to you. A. custom, one B. habit, one C. bobby, it D. favour, it 23. Although several months has gone by, Mary still has __________ memories of things and persons __________ she felt curious about at the wedding reception in Brunei. A. equal, that B. fond, / C. worthwhile, whom D. slight, which 24. I’m a little __________ about what I read in the press. Would you please give me a full __________ of what is really happening in Africa? A. uncertain, retell B. skeptical, distribution C. unsure, description D. doubt, account 25. ------Did you attend Professor Johnson’s lecture about the evolution of videos and sound devices? ------I wish I __________. I __________ a job interview with the UN. A. had, had B. had, was having C. could, have had D. could have, were having 26. The boy insisted that he __________ nothing wrong and that he __________ at once. A. did, should be set free B. should do, must be set free C. do, should be set free D. did, must be set free 27. Had it not been for the fact that about 30 pupils __________ in the state of Connecticut a fortnight ago, their parents ___________ in deep sorrow now. A. had been killed, wouldn’t be B. were killed, couldn’t be C. would have been killed, mightn’t be D. should be killed, wouldn’t be 28. ------“The Leaning Tower of Pisa must be saved, __________ the cost.” ------“But Italy is now deep in the European Debt Crisis. It would be unlikely __________ its government hoped to ” A. however, even though B. whatever, even if C. whoever, as if D. whichever, as though 29. Kerry isn’t working hard to __________ his wife and children, which in my opinion will __________ his marriage failure. A. bring up, add to B. get hold of, lead to C. provide for, contribute to D. raise up, add up to 30. Health care in remote mountainous areas is very limited as there are no doctors or nurses in the villages------no one has the __________ to pay them. This way sick people will __________ die. A. means, eventually B. ways, mysteriously C. methods, gradually D. approaches, unfortunately 31. In modern society, alternative energies __________ traditional ones are playing an important role in our daily life. That’s just because scientists have made great breakthroughs _________
the development of science and technology. A. for, during B. of, during C. by, in D. to, in 32. In China when caught, those corrupt(腐败的) officials are sometimes limited to __________ in a certain place, only __________ their problems within an appointed time(规定的时间). A. living, to report B. living, reporting C. live, reporting D. live, to report 33. It is known to us __________ it was not until 1938 ________ the first colour TV programme began to be broadcast in the world. A. that, which B. /, / C. that, that D. which, that 34. With more forests being destroyed, huge quantities of good earth __________ each year, which __________ that our environment is suffering. A. are washing away, suggest B. is being washed away, suggest C. have been washed away, suggests D. are being washed away, suggests 35. ------John hit me, Mum! ------__________. You shouldn’ t have been that rude to him. A. You are as strong as a horse B. Forget it C. You are as cool as a cucumber D. It serves you right
九、江苏省扬州市 2012-2013 学年高二英语上学期期末考试试题
21. How much do you suppose these old books will ________ on the second-hand market? A. sell B. purchase C. buy D. fetch 22. ________ of danger in the street at night, she had to go home with a friend ________ her. A. Warned; accompanied B. Having been warned; accompanying C. Warning; accompanied D. Having warned; accompanying 23. —Thank you for reminding me of the time, or I ________ late yesterday. —Don’t mention it. A. should be B. would be C. would have been D. will have been 24. The first American Indians ________ the Missouri River called the river the Mine Sose, ________ a river full of mud. A. to have lived along; meant B. having lived along; meaning C. to live along; meaning D. living along; meant 25. If only I ________ a few days ago! Then I wouldn’t be feeling so worried now. A. had looked ahead B. could look ahead C. were to look ahead D. looked ahead 26. An American agency predicts that by 2030, the United States ________ a super power on the international market, as China ________ the world’s leading economic power. A. will not be; will have become B. will not have been; will become C. will not be; will become D. will not have been; will have become 27. Rachel ________ the idea of going to the nightclubs, but changed her mind at the last moment because she was too tired. A. played a joke on B. made fun of C. played with D. toyed with 28. After the horrible gun shooting, a survey found that 52% of the American people supported “major bans on guns or ________ owning guns illegal”. A. to make B. made C. making D. make 29. The Chinese acupuncture 针灸） very popular in western countries, ________ the traditional （ is Chinese medicine.
A. as is B. which is C. what is D. that is 30. Not having butter on his potatoes was his ________ towards a healthy diet recommended by his doctor. A. promise B. gesture C. sign D. symbol 31. It’s years since we last enjoyed a picnic. So this Saturday we’ll go ________. A. whichever the weather B. whenever the weather C. no matter whether weather D. whatever the weather 32. No matter how frequently ________, I always remember never to stop improving myself. A. praising B. praised C. to be praised D. being praised 33. It was not until I reached my apartment building and unlocked the door ________ what the noise had been. A. that did I realize B. before I realized C. that I realized D. did I realize 34. A man wearing a mask stole into the bank ________ by cameras fixed on the walls and roofs. A. completely having been spied on B. just being spied on C. merely spied on D. only to be spied on 35. —Do you think I should join the singing group, Mary? —________ If I were in your shoes, I certainly would. A. None of your business. B. Why not? C. It depends. D. I don’t think so.
十、江苏省扬州中学 2012-2013 学年高二 12 月月考英语试题
21. If you don’t know that _____ failure is the mother of success, you are sure to be _____ failure in life. A. /; / B. a; a C. a ; / D. /; a
22. _____ you have the chance to go to the university in the future, you must take it. A. Will B. Would C. Could D. Should
23. --- You look very tired. _____ at all last night? --- No, not really. I’m tired out now. A. Do you sleep B. Were you sleeping C. Did you sleep D. Had you slept
24. The final score of the basketball match was 93-94. We were only _____ beaten. A. nearly B. narrowly C. slightly D. lightly
25. --- Do you think it _____ to argue with them? --- The question is not worthy _____. A. worthwhile; discussing C. worthy; to discuss B. worthwhile; to be discussed D. worth; to be discussed
26. We didn’t plan our art exhibition like that but it _____ successful. A. worked out B. proved C. went on D. carried
27. --- May I go and play with Dick this afternoon, Mum? --- No, you can’t go out _____ your work is being done. A. before B. until C. as D. the moment
28. It was in the small house _____ was built with stones by his father _____ he spent his childhood. A. which, that B. that, which C. which, which D. that, where
29. A major earthquake _____ 8.0 on the Richter scale strongly _____ Wenchuan County in Sichuan Province at 2:28 p.m. on May 12, 2008. A. measured; shaken C. measuring; shook B. measured; shaking D. measuring; shaking
30. --- I need to advertise for a roommate for next term. --- _____? Mary is interested. A. Why bother B. Why not C. So what D. What for
31. By the middle of the 21st century, the vast majority of the world’s population _____ in cities rather than in the country. A. are living B. will be living C. have lived D. will have lived
32. --- Can I use the fax on the table, sir? --- In no case _____ to use the fax for personal affairs. A. anyone is allowed B. nobody is allowed C. is anyone allowed D. is nobody allowed 33. At the sight of the scene of war, my _____ race back more than 50 years to the dark days of 1940. A. minds B. memories C. thoughts D. brains
34. The chief manager has decided to put _____ he thinks is energetic, clever and capable to the position of the leadership of the company. A. whatever B. whoever C. whichever D. whomever
35. After she won the dance competition, she found herself _____ of a celebrity in her community. A. nothing B. everything C. something D. anything...
copyright ©right 2010-2020。