1. The research is so designed that once _______ nothing can be done to change it. A. begins B. having begun
C. beginning D. begun
he eighteen-storied building, when ____, will shut out the sun lighting up the rooms in my house. A. completed B.to be completed C.completing D. have completed
3.If you go to Britain, you’ll find the streets there less beautiful than commonly _______.
A. Supposing B. supposed C. to suppose D. suppose
4. I’m sure all will go well as________.
A. being planned B. planned
C. having planned D. planning
1. Don’t speak until you are spoken to . 2. I’ll buy a TV set if it is necessary.
3.She stood at the gate as if she was waiting for someone. waiting for someone
4. He was a swimmer when he was a child. a child 5. Though it is cold, he wore a shirt. Though cold, he were a shirt. 6. While I was walking alone in the street, my name was called. While walking alone in the street, my name was called.
7. While Iwalking alone walking alone in the street, was walking the street , I heard my name called.
:什么时候可以省略?怎么省略? 在含有状语从句的复合句中若从句的主句是it或与 主句的主语相同，且在谓语中含有be时，常省略从 句的主语和be。 1._____________________ (在北京的时候), I paid a visit When/While in Beijing to the Summer Palace. When/As a young man 2. ______________________(当是个年轻人的时候), Abraham Lincoln was a storekeeper and a postmaster. 3. He has no money. ______ (要是有的话), he will give us. If any Unless repaired 4._____________(除非修理), the machine is of no use. 5. _______________________(要是给更多的关注), The If given more attention to boy could have turned out better. 6. A girl stood at the gate of the school as if _________ _____________________(跟老师讲话). talking with a teacher
一、 在含有状语从句的复合句中 1.when，while，as, once，whenever引导的时 间状语从句； 2.if，unless引导的条件状语从句； 3.though，although，even if ，even though引 导的让步状语从句； 4.as though，as if，as引导的方式状语从句； 5. wherever引导的地点状语从句 若从句的主句是it或与主句的主语相同，且在 谓语中含有be时，常省略从句的主语和be。
He shook his head as if (he was going) to say: “Don’t trust her”.
1. The man we followed suddenly stopped and looked as if ________ whether he was going in as if he was going to see whether the right direction. (NMET 2003 安徽春) A. seeing B. having seen C. to have seen D. to see
1. Tom raised his hand as if (he was going) to say ______________________ something. _______ (好象要说什么) 2. He acted as if (he was) a fool. ___________(好象他是个傻瓜) __________(好象生气了) 3. She left the room hurriedly as if( she was) angry. ____________________________ 4.He stared at the girl as if (he was) seeing her for the first time. ________(好象是第一次看到她) 5.The player is rolling on the ground ______________ as if (he was ) hurt badly. _______(好象严重受伤了). ___________________________ 6. He opened the drawer as if (he was )in search of something important. ___________(好象在寻找重要的东西)
: as if用于省略句中,如果as if 引导的从句 是“主语＋系动词”结构，可省略主语和系动词， 这样as if 后就只剩下不定式、名词、形容词（短 语）、介词短语或分词。
1. When first ________ to the market, these products enjoyed great success. (NMET 2004全 国卷II) A. introducing B. introduced
C. introduce D. being introduced
2. It shames me to say it, but I told a lie when ________ at the meeting by my boss. (NMET 2004全国卷IV)
A. questioning B. having questioned C. questioned D. to be questioned
3. The man we followed suddenly stopped and looked as if ________ whether he was going in the right direction. (NMET 2003 安徽 春) A. seeing B. having seen C. to have seen D. to see 4. Generally speaking, ________ according to the directions, the drug has no side effect. (NMET2003上海卷) A. when taking B. when taken C. when to take D.when to be taken
5. Unless ________ to speak, you should remain silent at the conference. (NMET 2003上海春)
A. invited B. inviting C. being invited D. having invited
6. When ________ , the museum will be open to the public next year. (NMET 2002上 海春)
A. completed B. completing C. being completed D. to be completed
7. Though ________ money, his parents managed to send him to university. (NMET 2002上海卷)
A. lacked B. lacking of C. lacking D. lacked in
8. _____told to stop, the excited children kept on talking in class, so I got angry. A. as B.when C.while D. though
1. --- You should have thanked her before you left. --- I meant ________, but when I was leaving I couldn't find her anywhere. A. to do B. B to C. doing D. doing it 2. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told him ________. A. A not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to 3. --- I'll be away on a business trip. Would you mind looking after my cat? ---Not at all. ________. A. I've no time B. I'd rather not C. I'd like it D. D I'd be happy to
1. -----Are you a sailor? ----- No, but I _______ A. am not B. used to C. used to be D. used to being
2. -----Why didn’t you take part in my birthday party yesterday? -----I_________, but I had an unexpected guest. A. would like to B. would like to have C.should D. wouldn’t like to
如果不定式中含有be, have, have been通常保留 be,have和have been
1.--- Do you think it's going to rain over the weekend? --- ________. A. I don't believe B. I don't believe it C. I believe not so D. I believe not 2. ----The boys are not doing a good job at all,are they? -----______________.(‘03 北京春招) A. I guess not so B. I didn’t guess C. I don’t guess so D. I guess not
:在I’m afraid,I think, I believe, I hope, I guess等开头的作答句中，后面跟so 与 not 分别用于肯定或否定宾语是，宾语从句可省 去。
1. ---What do you think made Mary so upset? ---________her new bicycle. A. As she lost B. Lost C C. Losing D. Because of losing 2. One of the sides of the board should be painted yellow, and________. A. the other is white B. another white C. C the other white D. another is white 3. --- Would you like some wine? --- Yes, just ________. A. little B. very little C a little D. a few C.
在英语情景会话中，答语常常省略不会引起歧义 的主语、谓语或宾语部分，而只保留对方希望了 解的内容。在复合句或并列句中，也有省略主、 谓、宾的情况。
When ______ help, one often says “thank you.” or “It is kind of you”. A. offering B. to offer C. To be offered D. offered D
Translation: 1.他曾经是个老师,他现在在一个政府办公室工作. 2.这次展览比预料的有趣. 3.她张开嘴好象要大哭起来. 4.除非邀请,否则我不会去参加这次晚会. 5.明天早点起来,要是不起来的话,你就赶不上第一 班车了. 6.当我在做作业时,我听到有人喊救命. 7.他篮球打得即使没你好,也起码一样好.
1.Once a teacher, he now works in a government office.
2. The exhibition is more interesting than expected. 3.She opened her mouth as if to burst into tears. 4. Unless invited, I won’t take part in the party. 5.Get up early. If not, you will miss the first bus. 6. While doing my homework, I heard someone crying for help. 7.He plays basketball, if not better than, as well as you.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。