成都石室中学高 2013 级三诊模拟考试英语试题
（考试时间：120 分钟 第一部分 英语知识运用(共两节，满分 40 分)
第一节 语法和词汇知识(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 1. Her dog is funny and lovely, but I don’t think I have enough time to keep ____
____. A. this B. one C. it D. that 2. —Thank you very much for everything. You’ve been so helpful. —_________. Just let me know if there is anything I can do for you. A. With pleasure C. Please don’t say so B. My pleasure D. No, thanks
第Ⅰ卷(选择题，共 90 分)
3. ______, dear! Things won’t be as bad as you think. There will be chances for you! A. Hurry up —The bridge to it ______. A. is repaired B. has repaired C. is being repaired D. will repair B. Look up C. Cheer up D. Make up 4. —Why don’t we choose that road to the village?
5. Word came ______ another violent earthquake struck Sichuan once again, ______ a great loss. A. that, resulting in B which, resulted in C. that, resulting from D. as , resulted from
6. _____ I always felt I would pass the exam, I never thought I would get an A. A. While B. Once C. If D. Until 7. — I promise Shirley ________ get a new iPad on her birthday. — Will it be a big surprise to her ? A. will B. would C. should D. shall 8. —Where did you meet your old friend? —It was in the supermarket _______ I was doing some shopping with my husband. A. that B. where C. when D. which 9. There will be times in life _____ you are met with disappointment instead of success and life won’t always turn out _______ you want. A. which; the moment B. in which; that C. that; how D. when; the way
10. Shanghai Disneyland Park , _______ in 2015, will attract tourists over the world. A. completed C. to be completed B. being completed D. to have been completed
第二节 完型填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳 选项，并在机读卡上将该项涂黑。
On the course, the first step of the lead usually means the final victory, so the success and failure of your life may lie in whether you dare to As a student, I was most question, I always 13 12 11 yourself. to answer questions in class. Whenever the professor asked a 14 a lecture. The speaker always 15
my head, for fear that the professor saw me.
In a language class, an expert from the Commercial Bank economics, but no one 18
someone to be working together with him, so he asked how many students in the classroom learned 16 . The expert said with a smile, ―Let me tell you a story first.‖ 17 21 , there were often lectures delivered in the university. 19 phenomenon. The students around me always in bold with the most eye-catching color, then 22 , he could see and call listeners’ names ―When I first came to the United States to took a cardboard 23 .‖ ―I couldn’t understand, so I asked the student in front of me. He told me with a smile that the speakers are all top-ranking people, 24 mean opportunities. When your answer is 26 25 .‖ 27 in the first-class his satisfaction, it is very likely that he will give you more opportunities. This is a very simple companies because of the excellent insights(洞察力). It had a great 29 you itself. You must show yourself constantly to B. apply B. afraid B. nodded B. suggested B. forced B. responded B. work B. Since B. important B. folded B. questions B. responses B. carefully B. it B. for B. trick B. apply B. effect B. help B. bring 30 card for yourself. ‖ 11. A. show 12. A. eager 13. A. raised 14. A. attended 15. A. persuaded 16. A. learned 17. A. study 18. A. Before 19. A. meaningful 20. A. divided 21. A. answers 22. A. tips 23. A. directly 24. A. which 25. A. against 26. A. chance 27. A. serve 28. A. impression 29. A. avoid 30. A. pay C. help C. excited C. lowered C. organized C. ordered C. noticed C. teach C. After C. interesting C. cut C. ages C. suggestions C. eagerly C. who C. to C. story C. employ C. attraction C. find C. serve D. enjoy D. ashamed D. shook D. delivered D. wanted D. cared D. travel D. Until D. mysterious D. torn D. names D. notes D. seriously D. they D. beyond D. reason D. join D. stress D. support D. attract 28 20 in half, wrote their
the beginning of every lecture, I found a(n)
placed it on the seat. So when the speakers need their
―The fact was also like that. I really saw a few of my classmates went to
on me. The chance will not
other’s attention to find a chance on the
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节，满分 50 分) 第一节(共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分) 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中,选出最佳选项。 A The big news for American newspapers this week was the elections. But there was also news about their industry. The number of newspaper readers in the United States continues to fall. Average daily circulation(发行量) fell by almost one percent in the six months that ended September 13th. American newspapers get some of their money from readers. But mostly they depend on businesses to buy advertising space in their pages. The larger the circulation is, the more a newspaper can charge advertisers. But recently, several newspapers have admitted lying about their number of readers. In June, the Tribune Company announced that it had overstated(夸大) sales of two of its papers. These were Newsday in Long Island, New York, and the Spanish-language paper Hoy in New York City. The Tribute Company also owns the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune. In July, the Audit Bureau of Circulations(ABC) punished Newsday and Hoy. The ABC is a private organization. It examines circulation claims made by publishers, so advertisers can trust the numbers. Among other steps, the two newspapers will have to report their circulation numbers more often than usual for the next two years. The Chicago Sun-Times also faces the same punishment. That newspaper is owned by Hollinger International. The Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating(调查) Hollinger International and its chief, Conrad Black. Hollinger says Mister Black took nearly four hundred million dollars from the company. Recently the Belo Corporation announced it had overstated the circulation of the Dallas Morning News in Texas. The publisher will repay twenty-three million dollars to advertisers. It will also provide four million dollars. Other publishers that falsely reported their circulations will also be repaying advertisers millions of dollars. An Audit Bureau spokeswoman says cases like these appear to be rare. But the Securities and Exchange Commission announced last month that it would expand its investigation to other newspapers. 31. What does the underlined word ―their‖ in Paragraph 1 refer to? A. The news. C. American newspapers. 32. From the passage, we can learn that______. A. Advertisers got the circulation only from ABC. B. At least four newspapers cheated the advertisers. C. More companies will investigate other newspapers. D. American newspapers get some of their money from advertisers. B. The elections. D. Newspaper readers.
33. How many newspapers are mentioned in the passage? A. Four. B. Six. C. Eight. D. Ten.
34. The publisher overstated the number of their newspapers mainly to ______. A. attract more readers C. avoid being punished B Welcome Aboard Your Piccadilly Flight To Heathrow The Piccadilly line to Heathrow(伦敦希思罗机场) is not only the most convenient way to travel but also the most cost-effective. So the next time you’re travelling to Heathrow, make sure you take Piccadilly line. Your Piccadilly flight features： ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Departures from 36 stops on the Piccadilly line, or from over 200 stations only one change way Service every 5 minutes to and from Heathrow throughout the day Journeys from central London taking less than 50 minutes Only￡3.70 for a single adult fare See tables below for journey times Adult single ￡3.70 Child single ￡1.50 If you are traveling as a group, then you are allowed to use the Family Travelcard, which means each adult can travel for ￡3.40 and each child for ￡0.80. The group must consist of 1 or 2 adults travelling with 1-4 children(from 09:30 Monday-Friday and at any time weekends and Public Holidays) Members within the group do not need to be related. Travelling to Heathrow Mon.-Sat. From Earls Court Journey Time Frequency First Train 39 mins 5 mins 5 mins 05:55 05:45 Last Train 00:43 00:32 First Train 07:15 07:05 Sun. Last Train 23:49 23:38 B. hide the truth that their circulation fell D. charge the advertisers more money
Fares to and from central London
Piccadilly Cirus 49 mins Travelling from Heathrow
Mon.-Sat. From Earls Court Piccadilly Circus Journey Time Frequency First Train 34 mins 45 mins 5 mins 5 mins 05:13 05:13 Last Train 23:49 23:49 First Train 05:57 05:57
Sun. Last Train 23:30 23:30
35. Which of the following statements is TRUE about the Piccadilly line? A. One may expect a train every 10 minutes at the stop. B. The flight from Earls Court to Piccadilly Circus takes 39 minutes. C. The Piccadilly line is the only public transportation to Heathrow. D. Taking the Piccadilly line can save more money than any other public transportation. 36. At what time does the first train from Earls Court arrive at Heathrow on Sunday? A. 07:49 B. 06:34 C. 07:54 D. 06:31
37. If Mr. Smith wants to take the train with his five-year-old son and seven-year-old daughter at08:00 on Sunday morning, how much should he pay? A.￡5.00 B.￡6.70 C.￡5.20 D.￡4.20
38. The purpose of the passage is to ______________. A. introduce the Piccadilly line B. attract people to take the Piccadilly line C. describe a way to visit London D. present a train timetable to London C Everyone has got two personalities – the one that is shown to the world and the other that is secret and real. You don’t show your secret personality when you’re awake because you can control your behavior, but when you’re asleep, your sleeping position shows the real you. At a normal night, of course, people frequently change their position. The important position is the one that you go to sleep in. If you go to sleep on your back, you’re a very open person. You normally trust people and you are easily influenced by fashion or new ideas. You don’t like to upset people, so you never express your real feelings. You’re quite shy and you aren’t very confident. If you sleep on your stomach, you are a rather secretive person. You worry a lot and you’re always easily upset. You’re very stubborn, but you aren’t very ambitious. You usually live for today but not tomorrow. This means that you enjoy having a good time. If you sleep curled up(卷曲), you are probably a very nervous person. You have a low opinion of yourself and so you’re often defensive. You’re shy and you don’t normally like meeting people. You prefer to be on your own. You’re easily hurt. If you sleep on your side, you have usually got a well-balanced personality. You know your strengths and weaknesses. You’re usually careful. You have a confident personality. You sometimes feel anxious, but you don’t often get depressed. You always say what you think even if it makes people angry.
39. Which of the following is mentioned in Paragraph 2 about a person’s personality? A. He/ She is always easily upset. B. He/ She always likes old things than others. C. He/ She is always open with others.
D. He/ She never believes in others. 40. The possible reason why you don’t want to make friends with a person sleeping curled up is that ______. A. he/she is too proud of himself/ herself B. he/she is seldom ready to help you C. he/ she prefers staying at home to going out D. he/she would rather be alone than communicate with you 41. The writer tends to think highly of the person who sleeps on one side because ______. A. he/she always shows mercy to people C. he/she has more strengths than weaknesses 42. The passage is mainly developed by ______. A. analyzing cause and effect C. classifying the facts in groups B. presenting quotations D. testing an idea by reasoning B. he/she is confident, but not stubborn D. he/she always offends people
D There was one thought that air pollution affected only the area immediately around large cities with factories and heavy automobile traffic. At present, we realize that although these are the areas with the worst air pollution, the problem is actually worldwide. On several occasions over the past decade, a heavy cloud of air pollution has covered the east of the United States and brought health warnings in rural areas away from any major concentration of manufacturing(制造业) and automobile traffic. In fact, the very climate of the entire earth may be infected by air pollution. Some scientists consider that the increasing concentration of carbon dioxide in the air resulting from the burning of fossil fuels (coal and oil) is creating a ―greenhouse effect‖ — hold in heat reflected from the earth and raising the world’s average temperature. If this view is correct and the world’s temperature is raised only a few degrees, much of the polar ice cap(极区冰层) will melt and cities such as New York, Boston, Miami, and New Orleans will be in water. Another view, less widely held, is that increasing particular matter in the atmosphere is blocking sunlight and lowering the earth’s temperature — a result that would be equally disastrous(引起灾难的). A drop of just a few degrees could create something close to a new ice age, and would make agriculture difficult or impossible in many of our top farming areas. Today we do not know for sure that either of these conditions will happen(though one recent government report concluded that the greenhouse effect is very possible). Perhaps, if we are lucky enough, the two tendencies will offset (相互抵消) each other and the world’s temperature will stay about the same as it is now. Driven by economic profits, people pay less attention to the damage on our environment caused by the ―advanced civilization‖. Maybe the air pollution is the price the human beings have to pay for their development. But is it really worthwhile?
43. As pointed out at the beginning of the passage, people used to think that air pollution _______. A. had a damaging effect on health B. caused widespread damage in the countryside C. affected the entire eastern half of the United States D. existed only in urban and industries areas 44. As to the greenhouse effect, the author __________. A. is uncertain of its cause C. share the same view with the scientist 45. It can be concluded that ____________. A. temperature almost hasn’t changed over the past decade. B. the world’s temperature will remain the same in the years to come. C. raising the world’s temperature only a few degrees would not do much harm to life on earth. D. lowering the world’s temperature only a few degrees would lead to disaster to farming . 46. This passage is mainly about __________. A. the greenhouse effect C. the potential effect of air pollution E Nowadays a growing number of grassroots entertainers are stepping into the public eye. Although a sudden success provides quick fame, experts say not all the rising stars will have a promising future. The grassroots band Xu Ri Yang Gang, meaning the rising sun in Chinese, suddenly became popular after uploading a video of them singing ―In the Spring‖. Actually, they have never stopped struggling to realize their dreams. After that they were frequently invited to big media events in China, like the CCTV Spring Festival Gala. However, just as many thought they were about to go further, the original singer of the song ―In the Spring‖ stepped in to prevent the band from performing his songs. Different from Xu Ri Yang Gang, China’s rising star Liu Wei is considered to have more professional skills, enabling him to enjoy a long-lasting career. The armless pianist who plays the music of the song ―Hope‖ with his toes has won the champion of the television talent show China’s Got Talent. Now, he is signed with Fremantle Media and Sony Music, and is kept busy every day. He believes it is his determination that makes him a hit. Another fairy story is the case of the rising star Susan Boyle. She came to international public attention after appearing as a candidate on Britain’s Got Talent in 2009, singing ―I Dreamed a Dream‖ from Les Miserables. Her first album became the biggest selling album in the world in 2009, selling 9 million copies. As for Chinese grassroots stars, experts say besides big dreams, they need more original compositions to achieve big results. B. the burning of fossil fuels D. the likelihood of a new ice age B. refuse to admit as a problem D. thinks that it will destroy the world soon
47. From the text we know that Xu Ri Yang Gang got popular through _____. A. CCTV B. newspapers C. contests D. the Internet
48. It can be inferred from the text that _____. A. grassroots stars can’t have a promising future at all B. most of grassroots stars have got professional skills C. grassroots stars need to focus more on their original works D. talent show is the only way for grass roots stars to become popular 49. What is the author’s attitude towards the rising grassroots stars? A. supportive B. critical C. neutral D. ironic
50. What would be the best title for the text? A. Rising grassroots stars. B. Grassroots stars’ lives. C. Ways of grassroots getting famous. D. The future of grassroots stars. 第二节 补全对话 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分, 满分 10 分) 根据对话内容, 从对话后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项, 并将答案写在二卷对应位置 （否则不予给分）, 选项中有两项多余选项。 —Tom, I’ve just moved to a new house. —_______51_______. —Thank you, and I’d like to buy a new television set. —_______52_______. —A color TV set, of course. But I’m not sure about the size. Maybe we should buy a big one. If we buy a small one, we might have to change it in a few years’ time for a big one. _______53_______. —In my opinion, I don’t think it necessary to buy a very big one. —_______54________. —Yes. As we know, your sitting room isn’t very big. If you put in a very big television set, it will be bad for your eyes. Besides, a smaller TV set can have clear pictures. —_______55________. I’ll think about it. —You’d better make a quick decision because the price may go up soon. A. Is there any reason? B. Mm…, that’s quite true. C. Why do you think so? D. What is your opinion? E. Wow, how I envy you! F. Really? Congratulations! G. What kind of television do you want to buy?
第Ⅱ卷(非选择题,共 60 分) 第三部分 写作(共三节,共 60 分)
第一节 阅读表达（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分, 满分 10 分） 阅读下面短文, 按要求回答问题。 Doctors say anger can be extremely damaging, unless you learn how to deal with it. They warn that anger can possibly lead to heart disease, stomach problems, headaches, emotional problems and cancer. Anger is a normal emotion that we all feel from time to time, some people express anger openly in a calm reasonable way. Others burst with anger, scream and yell. But other people keep their anger inside. They cannot or will not express it. This is called repressing(抑制) anger. For years many doctors thought that repressing anger was more dangerous to a person’s health than expressing it. They said that when a person is angry, the brain releases the same hormones. They speed the heart rate, raise blood pressure, or sugar into the blood, etc. in general the person feels excited and ready to act. Some doctors point out that both repressing and expressing anger can be dangerous. They believe that those who express anger violently may be likely to develop heart diseases, and they believe that those who keep their anger inside may face a greater danger of high blood pressure. Doctors claim the solution is learning how to deal with anger. They say the first step is to admit that you are angry and to recognize the real cause of the anger, then decide if the cause is serious enough to get angry about. _____________________________, they say, ―Don’t express your anger while angry. Wait until your anger has cooled down and you are able to express yourself calmly and reasonably.‖ Doctors note that a good way to deal with anger is to find humor in the situation that has made you angry. They say that laughter is much healthier than anger. 56. What is the purpose of the passage? (within 10 words) __________________________________________________________________________________ 57. In how many ways do people usually react if they are angry? (within 2 words) __________________________________________________________________________________ 58. What does the underlined word ―They‖ refer to in Para.3? (within 2 word) __________________________________________________________________________________ 59. Please fill in the blank with proper words or phrases to complete the sentence. (within 3 words) __________________________________________________________________________________ 60. According to the doctors, what is a good way to deal with anger? (within 3 words) __________________________________________________________________________________ 第二节 短文改错(共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分,满分 15 分) 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有 10 处 语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。
删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2.只允许修改 10 处,多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。 What Does a Credit Card Bring Us is written by Eillton Henley. It’s a brief or excellent article about credit cards. The author explains what credit cards work. And he also points out the positive and negative aspect of having it. American consumers are mostly likely to use credit cards. However, the use of credit cards are expanding into almost every country in world. The key point making by the author is that users should pay for the full amount when a bill is sent from the credit card company. This protected all the advantages and avoids all the disadvantages of using credit cards.
高三学生目前正处在紧张复习迎考的氛围中。假设你叫李华，是成都市某高中的高三学生, 在高考来临之际, 想和父母说说知心话, 请你用英文给你父母写一封信。具体内容如下： 表示感恩 感谢父母的关心和鼓励 1. 多加交流 对父母的希望 2. 适时提供帮助 高考前的计划 注意：词数 120 词左右。
Dear Mom and Dad, _____________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________
Yours sincerely, Li Hua
成都石室中学高 2013 级英语三诊模拟答案
单选：1-5 BBCCA 6-10 ADBDC 完形：11-15 ABCDD 16-20 BAACB 21-25 DBACC 26-30 DABCD 阅读：31-34 CBBD 35—38 DCAB 39-42 CDBC 43-46 DADC 47-50 DCCA 补全对话：51-55 FGDAB 阅读表达： 56. To tell us how to deal with anger/ ways to deal with anger. (关键词：ways/how; deal with anger) 57. Three (ways). 58. The hormones. 59. If it is/ If so 60. To find humor/ To be humorous/ Being humorous. (关键词：humor/humorous) 改错： 第一行：or 改为 and / but 第二行：what 改为 how 第三行： aspect 改为 aspects；it 改为 them；mostly 改为 most 第四行：are 改为 is；in 之后加 the；making 改为 made 第五行：去掉 for ；protected 改为 protects 写作参考范文： Dear Mom and Dad, With the College Entrance Examination approaching, I really hope to have a heart-to-heart talk with you! During the years, I always feel grateful for your unselfish care and love. Thanks to your constant encouragement, I have been making remarkable progress in my studies. Since it will be less than one month before the exam, I’m under great pressure now. But a frequent talk with you can help me stay in a good state. Besides, your genuine understanding and timely help are also of great importance. I have made a detailed study schedule to improve my study efficiency. Meanwhile, I’ll take regular exercise to keep fit. Mom and Dad, I am fully aware of the responsibilities I am shouldering and confident of my future. Wish you good health and a happy life! (131words) Yours sincerely, Li Hua
copyright ©right 2010-2020。