A life in sport
Anything is possible slogan Make the Change
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Profile Name: ____________ Ling Ning Birth date:
Sept, 1963 Title: __________________________ Minority: Zhuang Retire:________________________ Medals: ______________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________ Degree: earned a law degree from the famous Peking University holded an MBA from the same institution Honour:___________________________ won the title of Asian Hero in the 1960s in 2005 torch –carrier in the 29th Beijing Olympics flew across the bird’s Nest stadium to light the torch at the Beijing Olympics. Charity: ______________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________
answers He was called the prince of gymnasts. He had won 106 gold medals in major competitions. They included 6 out of 7 gold medals at the 1982 world championship and 3 at the 1984 Olympics. He was on the list of the greatest sportsmen of 20th century.
The sense of failure made him determined to succeed in new life. He didn’t forget his sporting background. He decided to launch a new brand ,competing with global giants
What were Li Ning’s achievemen ts as a gymnast?
Para Why did Li 2 Ning launch a
Ling Ning’s sports cloths came onto the market at just the right Why success time. for Li Ning Li Ning’s designs were attractive . was They had a major advantage over their rivals—they were cheap. guaranteed? Para How popular Li Ning won more than 50% of national market in just a few years. 4 are his Today a Li Ning’s product is purchased every 10 seconds. products? The company has also grown internationally. Para 5 What was his His dream was to open a school for gymnasts and help young people to achieve their sporting ambitions.
Analyze the function of the following sentences
? But even though he had won everything it was possible to win in his sport, Li Ning retired with the feeling that he had failed. But it was this sense of failure that made him determined to succeed in his new life. But Li Ning’s goal when he retired was not to make money.
Analyze the structure of the following sentences and make sure of their meaning.
1. But it was this sense of failure that made him determined to succeed in his new life. 2.The number of young people with money to spend was on the increase—and sport had never been so popular. 3.They had a major advantage over their better-known rivals—they were cheaper. 4. If you go into a school or university anywhere, the chances are you will see students in Li Ning tracksuits with the familiar logo.
What personality does Li Ning have and what can we learn from him? talented, competitive, enthusiastic, ambitious, generous, voluntary , devoted, diligent, determined
1 ) devotion to sports 2) contribution to our country
3) ambition to succeed
4) spirit of never giving up
5) perspective(角度) to look at failure 6) courage to be faced with difficulty and challenge himself 7) insight （洞察力）to launch a new brand of sportswear 8) ability to run a successful company
9) willingness to help others
10) confidence of realizing his China dream.
Suppose Li Ning were handpicked as the person who moved China, write a statement in awarding the prize
2. As far as we know, Li Ning was once invited to Yang Lan One On one to be interviewed. Try to give a vivid interview, supposing one is Yan Lan and the other is Li Ning.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。