Science subjects: math, physics, chemistry, biology Chinese, English, Arts subjects: history, geography, politics, Japanese, Russian
Show your likes and dislikes:
subject do you like best? /What’s your favorite subject? ---- I like / love / enjoy / be fond of / be interested in… ----Which subject do you dislike? ----I don’t like/love/enjoy… I dislike/hate… I am not fond of/interested in…
I think that…is boring/terrible.
instruction method bored embarrassed attitude behaviour previous description
n. (常复) 指示，说明 n. 方法 adj. 厌烦的，厌倦的 adj. 尴尬的 n. 态度 n. 行为 adj. 以前的 n. 记述，描述
Tips for Reading Skills
略读(skimming)1，看文章标题和下标题，2，以 及每个部分或者段落第一行, 第一句和第二句，3， 关注文章中反复出现的关键词。4，段落的最后一 句 ，因为第一句往往是该段的主题句（topic sentence），而第二句往往是对前句的延伸 （extension）或进一步的解释（explanation）。最 后一句时要放慢速度完全消化作者对段落的小结 (conclusion)，因为该小结有可能与主题句截然相 反或引导读者进入下一个段落。
运用扫读(scanning)，1， 迅速浏览从第三 句开始的后面部分，搜寻作者对开头两句的支 持句(supporting sentences)，2，并同时注意文 章中间是否有转折词(transition)。因为这些词 常常会把文章的思路逆转或加入其它重要的信 息。
To get general ideas
What is the main idea of the passage?
A. Li just likes his English teacher.
B. Li not only likes his former school but his present one. C. Li describes his impression on his new class and English teacher. D. Li mainly introduced himself to his classmates.
To get detailed information
1. Find something about this school which is different from Li Kang’s Junior High School. The method of teaching, more students in the class. 2. Find two things that the English teacher thinks are important to do in class. Reading comprehension and speaking. 3. Find two things that the English teacher wants to improve. Spelling and handwriting.
1. Li Kang lives in our capital, Beijing. 2. It is his first day at Junior High school. 3. Li Kang knows why his new school is good. 4. Ms. Shen is very enthusiastic to her students. 5. Li Kang likes Ms. Shen’s attitude, but the others don’t.
Self Name introduc- Place tion Time New school Teachers My new school Classroom
Li Kang Shijiazhuang
My first day at Senior High Good Enthusiastic and friendly Amazing with computers and screens
Interesting, funny, not boring The Teacher Enthusiastic with English new method class Activities Introducing, spelling and other activities Students Friendly, hard-working and in my more girls class
To solve difficult points
1. The teachers are very enthusiastic and friendly and the classrooms are amazing. 老师们很热情友好, 教室也 (好的) 令人惊奇。 1) be enthusiastic about /over……对某 事热心, 感兴趣
① The football star got an enthusiastic reception. 那位足球明星受到了热情的招待。 ②Xiao’ming is very enthusiastic about the concert. 小明对这场音乐会很感兴趣。
2. amaze vt.使惊奇 amazed adj. (人)感到惊奇的 amazing amazement u. n. 惊讶；惊奇 ③ My family was amazed at/by how well I could speak foreign languages. 我 的家人因为我外语讲的好而感到惊奇。 ④ He looked at me in amazement. 他 吃惊的看着我。
（表感情色彩类的动词+-ing; +-ed 构成 的形容词)
The –ing form describes the people or things that cause the feeling(使人，让人··;主语通常是 ·· ·· 物;The –ed form tells us how people feel （人感
到··；主语通常是人） ·· ··
★这类动词有excite, inspire, encourage, interest, satisfy, delight, please, move, frighten, surprise, amaze, embarrass, worry, disappoint, puzzle, tire, 等。 ★The story was so moving that everyone present was moved to tears. ★What disappointing result! We were all disappointed with it. ★Her story was amazing. ★I was amazed that he got a mark of 100 ★Climbing a hill was tiring and we were tired when we reached the summit.
2. We’re using a new textbook and Ms Shen’s method of teaching is nothing like that of the teachers at my Junior High schools. 我们用的是一本新教材, 沈老师的教学方法完全不同于我初中 老师的教学方 法。
(1) nothing like 副词短语 ：完全不像 ① It looks nothing like a horse. 它看上去根本不像一匹马。 ② Your mobile phone is nothing like mine. 你的手机和我的一点也不像。
(2) that可用来代替前面提到的可数名 词单数或者不可数名词, 以避免重复， 后常有后置定语。 ① The climate of Beijing is quite different from that of Qingdao.
北京的气候与青岛（的气候）有很大 不同。 ② The size of my shoes is larger than that of yours. 我的鞋的号码比你的大。
注意: 当指代物为复数形式时, 用those。 The apples in the basket are bigger than those on the floor. 篮子里的苹果比地板上的大。
3. And we have fun. 我们很开心。 fun(不可数名词） ① We had lots of fun in the zoo today. 我们今天在动物园玩地很开心。 （形容词，好玩的） ② Why don’t you come with us? It’ll be great fun. ） 为何不和我们一起去呢？一定很好玩 的。 。
拓展: funny adj. 有趣的, 可笑的, 滑稽的 make fun of 开某人的玩笑, 取笑 (just) for fun (只是)为了好玩, 为了开心
-- We are going to have an English salon this evening. -- Oh, _______ A. I’m too busy. B. take care! C. have fun! D. with pleasure.
4. In other words, there are three times as many girls as boys. 也就是说,女同学的数量是男同学的3 倍。
倍数的表示方法： as + adj. + as A is … times + ~er +than +B the size (length/width/depth/height…) of
This box is as big as that one. This box is three times as big as that one.
This box is three times bigger than that one.
This box is three times the size of that one.
? as tall as ? 1.The man is twice taller than his son ? the height of ? 2.The bag is twice as expensive as mine.
The house rent is expensive. I’ve got about half the space I had at home and I’m paying ______ here. A. three times as much B. as much three times C. much as three times D. as three times much
(2) in other words 换句话说
that is to say 也就是说 in a word 总之；总起来说 have a word with sb. 与某人说话 have words with sb.与某人吵架
Your performance in the driving test didn’t reach the required standard —__________, you failed. A. in the end B. after all C. in other words D. at the same time
5. I’m looking forward to doing it.
look forward to 盼望；期待。
② I am looking forward to seeing you.
6. Li Kang is very impressed with the teachers and the technology in his new school. 新学校的老师们和(教学)技术给 李康留下了深刻的印象。 impress 及物动词 (1) 给予某人深刻印象; 使某人钦佩。 impress sb. with sth.使某人对某事留下 深刻印象
② The young man impressed her girlfriend’s family with his sense of humor. 那个年轻人的幽默感给他女朋友的家 人留下了深刻印象。(他女朋友的家人 很喜欢他。)
? Sb be impressed by/ with sth
? Her girlfriend’s family was impressed by/with the young man ‘s sense of humor.
(2) impress sth/on (upon) sb. 使某人铭记某事; 使某人深刻地意识 到 ① The manager impressed the importance of keeping records on his office staff. 那位经理让办公室人员意识到做记 录的重要性。
拓展： impression u.n. & c.n. 印象 impressive adj. 给人印象深刻的
You should impress the news learned from the radio this morning ________ your mind.
1. Your father likes to play golf; he is really enthusiastic ______ it. A. by B. about C. with D. on 2. Mr. Smith, ____ of the ____ speech, started to read a novel.
A. tired; boring
C. tired; bored
B. tiring; bored
D. tiring; boring
3. It is believed that if a book is ___, it will surely ___ the readers. A. interested; interest B. interesting; be interested C. interested; be interesting D. interesting; interest 4. We were ____ at the ______ speed. A. amazed; amazing B. amazing; amazed C. amazing; amazing D. amazed; amazed
5. The teacher _____ a very good impression on the students at the meeting. A. got B. took C. made D. did 6. Your performance in the driving test did not reach the required standard, _____, you failed. A. in the end B. after all C. in other words D. at the same time
7. He wanted the man he was looking forward ____ _____ stay with him. A. for; to B. to; with C. to; to D. with; to 8. This box is ____ that one. Which of the following is wrong? A. four times so big as B. four times the size of C. four times bigger than D. one fourth as big as
9. I don’t think he is right, ______ ?
A. is he C. do I B. isn’t he D. don’t he
1. We may get much more information __________ from the Internet nowadays. 2. I felt so amazed when I heard the _______ news of the accident which happened yesterday. attitude 3. What’s your _______ to studying English this new term?
4. They have got many methods to solve _______ this problem, don’t worry. 5. Do you feel embarrassed when your ___________ friend refuses to lend you some money? 6. I know little about the new machine, have you got any __________ when instructions you buy it?
1. Is our English classroom like Li
2. Is our class the same size as his? Is the
number of boys and girls the same?
3. Are you looking forward to doing
your English homework?
Write a one-hundred-word article to describe your senior high school, such as your classroom, your English teacher and your lessons.
– 助动词 ? so ,neither, nor + 系动词 + 主语（与前句不同） ? 情态动词 ? 表示“另一主语也怎么样”（部分倒装）
? 助动词 ? So neither nor + 主语（与前句同）+ 系动词 ? 情态动词 ? 表 “主语的确怎么样”
? 1 )He went to college last year, so did I.
? 2)---He could not do it . ? ---Neither/Nor could I.
? 3)---Mary is a good girl. ? ---so is Lily. ? ---so Mary is.
Cover vt.覆盖,包含,走完, 看完,报导 1) Cover the sleeping child with your coat. 2) The mountain was covered with snow all the year round. 3) He covered the distance in 15 minutes. 4) How many pages have you covered? 5) The city covers ten square miles. 6) I want our best reporters sent to cover the trial (审讯). 7) The dictionary does not cover the whole English vocabulary.
1) The world is divided into five continents. 2) Let’s divide the big cake into ten. 3) What’s six divided by two?
Six divided by two is three.
He separated the apples from the pears.
join join in take part in attend
join — become a member of… 加入某些组织 join the Party/army/the United Nation
(2) join in 表示 “参加某项活动”，尤
part in 表示“参加某些活动和工作， 并在其中起了作用。”它可以和join in 互 换。例如： Are you going to take part in / join in the discussion? 你参加那个讨论吗？
attend 出席；照顾 attend the meeting attend school attend (to) the wounded
There will be a discussion tomorrow, all those who want to ___, please raise your hands. A join B take part in C take part D join in
copyright ©right 2010-2020。