江门市 2014 年普通高中高二调研测试英语试题
本试卷共 10 页，71 小题，满分 135 分，考试时间 120 分钟。 注意事项： 1．答题前，考生务必把自己的姓名、考生号等填写在答题卡相应的位置上。 2．做选择题时，必须用 2B 铅笔把答题卷上对应题目的答案标号涂黑，如需改动，用橡皮 擦干净后，再选涂其它答案标号。 3．非选择题必须使用黑色字迹钢笔或签字笔，将答
案写在答题卡规定的位置上。 4．所有题目必须在答题卡上指定位置作答，不按以上要求作答的答案无效。 5. 考生必须保持答题卡的整洁。考试结束后，将答题卡交回。 第一节：单项选择（共 10 小题，每题 1 分，满分 10 分） 1. Quite a lot of people ________the tradition of making pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. A. catch up B. keep up C. blow up D. date back
2. ----I prefer shutting myself in and enjoying We Chat all day on Sundays. ----That? s ________I don?t agree. You should have a more active life. A. where B. how C. when D. what
3. The news ________ Lincoln was murdered filled the American people?s hearts with deep sorrow. A. which B. when C. that D. how
4. I took a risk to carry out the project, but it ________ in the end. A. paid for B. paid out C. paid back D. paid off
5. The fax machine, ________ accidentally, has increased the speed of delivering documents and brought great convenience to the business world. A. was invented B. being invented C. invented D. had been invented
6. Mr. Smith, ________ of the ________ speech，started to read a novel．
7. Because of my poor English I'm afraid I can't make myself ________． A．understand understand 8. Since they were told of the disturbing news, all the staff in the company _________. A. has cast down B. has been cast down C. was cast down D. were cast down B．understood C．understanding D．to
9. Regardless ______ what I said to him, he refused to follow my advice. A. to B. at C. in D. of
10. Yesterday I tried to call you several times but I couldn?t __________ to you. A. get through B. ring up C. call up D. go through
第二节：完形填空，选出最佳答案（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） Once upon a time a big monk and a little monk were traveling together. They came to the bank of a river and found the The big monk monk was 14 11 was damaged. They had to wade across the river. 13 . The little There was a pretty lady who was stuck at the damaged bridge and couldn't cross the river. 12 to carry her across the river on his back. The lady by the move of the big monk. But he kept quiet. The big monk carried 15 . When they crossed the river, 16 ways with her.
the lady across the river and the small monk followed the big monk let the lady down and they
All along the way for several miles, the little monk was very unhappy with the 17 of the big monk. But he still kept quiet. Finally, at a rest point many hours later, 18 at the big monk. “How can the little monk could not stand it any further, he burst out looked 19
you touch a female, especially when she is very pretty?” The big monk and said, “I had put down the pretty lady at the river bank many hours 20 carrying her along in mind?'” 21 the thinking of many people today. 23 . ago, how come you are
This very old Chinese story We 22
many unpleasant things in our life, which irritate us and make us
But like the little monk, we are not willing to let them go away. We keep on carrying the baggage of the “pretty lady” with us. We should let go of the pretty lady immediately after crossing the river, after the just all that simple. 24 event is over. This will immediately 25 all our agonies. There is no need to be further hurt by the unpleasant event after it is over. It is
11. A. river 12. A. offered 13.A. refused 14. A. interested 15.A. pleasantly 16.A. parted 17.A. burden 18.A. helpfully 19.A. tired 20.A. just 21.A. reflects 22.A. receive 23.A. happy confused 24.A. happy 25.A. remove
B. road B. persuaded B. ignored B. dissatisfied B. quickly B. shared B. act B. angrily B. bored B. ever B. considers B. encounter B. enthusiastic
C. bridge C. chose C. approved C. moved C. gradually C. divided C. opinion C. strongly C. surprised C. even C. agrees C. stop C. angry
D. bank D. invited D. believed D. excited D. unhappily D. discovered D. hope D. slowly D. convinced D. still D. needs D. decide D.
B. pretty B. disappear
C. easy C. meet
D. unpleasant D. allow
第三节：阅读理解，选出最佳答案（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） (A) In his lowest days when few people bought his records, Taiwan singer Steve Chou lived alone in Canada and did little. One day, he passed by a local CD store and heard a song that greatly attracted him. “My heart tells me that music is the thing I truly want to do, not for fame or money,” Chou said. That?s how we luckily have such a music genius, who has since then composed lots of hits for the pop music charts (排行榜). “Sometimes we need to get close to nature to look deeply into our souls and see what we really want to follow,” he said.
Recently he has made public his latest work Lovers Genesis. In this album he explores human relationships in the Internet age. “Technology itself is a good thing, but it depends on how you?re going to use it,” is Chou?s advice to teenagers. Chou often gets his music ideas from trips. He has traveled to many places around the world and believes that learning a country?s language is the fastest way of experiencing the culture behind it. Chou has worked hard on learning English to push forward his music career. He has flown to the UK to attend months-long English training schools three times. There he lives with local families and practices daily conversations. “So I could easily read the English instructions on recording machines and communicate with the local music producers,” said Chou, “The music reviews of the US or British singers that I appreciate could help me learn and grow with them.” 26. Which of the following about Steve Chou is the correct order? a. He made public his work Lovers Genesis. b. He passed by a local CD store and heard a song that greatly attracted him. c. He composed lots of hits for the pop music charts. d. Few people bought his records. A. a-b-c-d B. d-b-c-a C. a-c-b-d D. d-a-c-b
27. Why has Chou flown to the UK to learn English? A. Because he wants to live in the UK. B. Because his record company asks him to. C. Because he wants to sell his album in the UK. D. Because he thinks it will be helpful for his music career. 28. Steve Chou may agree with the following except that __________. A. taking trips gives him some ideas of music B. what we really want to follow is the most important C. music is a thing that can bring him fame and money
D. in International age, technology itself is not a bad thing 29. What is Steve Chou like according to the passage? A. Active and hard-working. C. Kind and helpful. B. Proud and confident. D. Calm and disappointed.
30. According to the passage, how many foreign cultures have inspired Steve Chou in music? A. One （B） When we talk about intelligence, we do not mean the ability to get good scores in certain kinds of tests or even the ability to do well in school. By intelligence we mean a way of living and behaving, especially in a new or anxious situation. If we want to test intelligence, we need to find out how a person acts instead of how much he knows what to do. For example, when in a new situation, an intelligent person thinks about the situation, not about himself or what might happen to him. He tries to find out all he can, and then he acts immediately and tries to do something about it. He probably isn?t sure how it will all work out, but at least he tries. And, if he can?t make things work out right, he doesn?t feel ashamed that he fails; he just tries to learn from his mistakes. An intelligent person, even if he is very young, has a special outlook(人生观) on life , special feeling about life, and knows how he fits into it. If you look at children, you?ll see great difference between what we call “bright” children and “not bright” children. They are actually two different kinds of people, not just the same kind with different amounts of intelligence. For example, the bright child really wants to find out more about life--- he tries to get in touch with everything around him. But the unintelligent child keeps more to himself and his own dream-world; he seems to have a wall between him and life in general. 31.According to this passage, intelligence is the ability _________. A. to behave immediately C. to do well in school B. to deal with life D. to know what to do B. Two C.Three D. Four
32. In a new situation, an intelligent person _________. A. knows more about what might happen to him get B. is sure of the result he will
C. concentrates on the situation
D. cares more about himself
33. According to the passage the biggest difference between “bright” children and “ not “bright” children lies in _________. A. the amount of intelligence C. the different attitudes to life 34. What?s the main idea of the passage? A. What?s real meaning of intelligence? behavior? C. What?s a special outlook on life? situation? 35. In the next part of the passage, the author might continue to talk about __________. A. how to determine what intelligence is changed C. how to judge whether a person is intelligent should be taught （C） In Mountain View, Calif, nondescript white SUVs winding through the streets might appear ordinary, but a closer look inside shows that humans are not doing the driving -- the car is. A product of Google?s highly secretive research and development unit, Google X lab, Google?s self-driving cars are now being tested on city streets. The cars themselves have to figure out how to share the road with pedestrians, cyclists and other vehicles. On Tuesday, a few journalists -- including CNET's Sumi Das -- were able to take a test-ride. “It?s driving itself. But after about five minutes, everyone is like, ?Is that all it does?? It?s just incredibly common once you get used to it," Chip Urmson, the director of Google's self-driving car project, said. The company has been developing autonomous vehicles since 2009, and aims to make them available by 2017. "Previously they had been really restricted to freeway conditions and now they're working in an actual city, which is a much more complex driving situation," Seth Rosenblatt, a senior writer at CNET, explained. D. how an unintelligent person B. how education should be D. How to live and behave in a new B. What?s the “bright” children?s B. the different situations they face D. the background of life
Using the latest sensing technology, the vehicle is able to detect every car, person and object in the immediate area. In many ways, the cars handle the streets better than humans by avoiding other cars' blind-spots and shifting slightly in the lane to make room for cyclists, Das reports. However, the software in these vehicles is far from being ready to ship. Still, Google is racing to develop autonomous driving technology, facing competition from established car manufacturers, such as Audi, GM, Ford and Volvo. 36. Which of the following is NOT true about the driverless cars? A. The cars were developed by Google in 2009 secretly. B. The cars are equipped with the latest sensor and software. C. The car can avoid obstacles automatically. D. Some journalists took part in the car test. 37. What can be inferred according to the passage? A .Google is the only company that produces driverless cars. B. Google is not as famous as Audi, GM and Ford. C. Other car manufacturers are also developing driverless cars. D. The autonomous cars of Google are the best. 38. What does the word “ship” in paragraph 6 mean? A. sail on sea B. put into market C. take away D. board the ship
39. What is the purpose of the passage? A. To introduce Google?s new car. B. To tell us the test-ride of Google?s self-driving cars. C. To tell us the comments of journalists. D. To announce Google is producing self-driving cars. 40. The passage is taken from _________. A. a science newspaper B. a travel journal
C. an entertainment magazine D)
D. a science summary
Phil White has just returned from an 18,000 mile, around the world bicycle trip. White had two reasons for making this epic journey. First of all, he wanted to use the trip to raise money for charity, which he did. He raised ￡70,000 for the British charity, Oxfam. White?s second reason for making the trip was to break the world record and become the faster person to cycle around the world. He is still waiting to find out if he has broken the record or not. White set off from Trafalgar Square, in London, on 19th June 2004 and was back 289 days later. He spent more than 1,300 hours in the saddle (车座) and destroyed four sets of types and three bikes chains. He had the adventure of his life crossing Europe, the Middle East, India, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the Americas. Amazingly, he did all of this with absolutely no support team. No jeep carrying food, water or medicine. No doctor. Nothing! Just a bike and a very, very long road. The journey was lonely and desperate at times. He also had to fight his way across deserts, through jungles and over mountain. He cycled through heavy rains and temperatures of up to 45 degrees, all to help people in need. There were other dangers along the road. In Iran, he was chased by armed robbers and was lucky to escapee with his life and the little money he had. The worst thing that happened to him was having to cycle into a headwind on a road that crosses the south of Australia. For 1,000 kilometers he battled against the wind that was constantly pushing him． This part of the trip was slow, hard work and depressing, but he made it in the end. Now Mr. White is back and intends to write a book about his adventures. 41. When Phil White returned from his trip, he ______. A. broke the world record C. destroyed several bikes B. collected money for Oxfam D. travelled about l,300 hours
42. What does the word “epic” in Paragraph l most probably mean? A. Very long and difficult. C. Very smooth but tiring. B. Very slow but exciting. D. Very lonely and depressing.
43. During his journey around the world, Phil White ________. A. fought heroically against robbers in Iran
B. experienced the extremes of heat and cold C. managed to ride against the wind in Australia D. had a team of people who travelled with him 44. Which of the following words can best describe Phil White? A. Imaginative. B. Passive. C. Cautious D. Determined.
45. What is the best title for the passage? A. A bike trip. C. A long and desperate journey. B. A bike trip around the world. D. Phil White, an adventurer.
第四节：语法填空，写出最佳答案（共 10 小题，每题 1 分，满分 10 分） Social practice has been more and more popular in school. Senior school students are asked to enter society and get some ideas of it. __46__ (sure), social practice has many advantages. Firstly, social practice can offer students __47__ chance to contact society and meet different kinds of people. In this way students can gain some precious experience, __48__ will be useful to their future career. Secondly, students can apply __49__ they have learned in class to practical work, thus knowing themselves more clearly. Thirdly, social practices can bring __50__ some financial reward __51__ make them more independent of their family. __52__, some problem may arise if no correct guidance __53_ (make). For example, some students get overly interested in social practice and want to have full-time and more money, thus __54__ (pay) less attention to their studies. And some students are likely to get in touch with the dark side of the society, which will affect their future studies. In order to carry out social practice smoothly, students should put their studies in the first place and see social practice just as a useful supplement, so they ought to try to strike a balance __55__ social practice and their studies. 第五节：单词拼写，根据上下文写出最佳答案（共 10 小题，每题 1 分，满分 10 分） 56. A red sky at night often ________ (预兆, 显示) fine weather the next day. 57. The books in the library are ________（分类）according to the subject. 58. It is generally ________ (假定)that stress is caused by too much work.
59. Soon we would reach a ________ ( 妥协) between what you want and what you have. 60. I live just by the market, and it's very ________ ( 方便的 ) to go shopping. 61. In came the teacher, ________ (中断) our heated discussion. 62. The old man s_______ on the icy road and broke his leg. 63. The soup tasted so delicious that I could not r_______ having another bowl of it. 64. Last week the villagers strongly o_______ to being treated like this. 65. When an old person r_______, he or she leaves the job at a certain age and usually stops working. 第六节：据中文，完成英语句子；每空填 1 个词。（共 5 小题，每题 2 分，满分 10 分） 66. 我突然想起今晚我该拜访杰克。 It ①____ ②____ me that I should ③____ ④____ Jack tonight. 67. 他宁愿独自做生意也不愿跟其他人合伙。 He ① ____ ②_____ go into business alone rather than ③_____ ④_____ with anyone else. 68. 经过数年的努力工作，中国艺术家成功地使这座宫殿恢复了生机。 After years of hard work, the Chinese artists ①____ the palace ②____ ③____ ④_____ successfully. 69. 后来他又想修好一辆状况很差的车, 但是白费功夫了。 Later he wanted to repair a car which was ①____ poor ②____, but ③____ ④____. 70. 玛丽对童年的一切记忆逐渐从她的脑海中消逝了。 All the memory of Mary?s childhood ①____ ②____ ③____ ④____. 71. 阅读下面的短文，然后按照要求写一篇 150 词左右的英语短文。 In China, Lei Feng is widely known as a selfless soldier who was always ready to help others and devoted himself to serving the country and its people. In the past 50 years, Lei Feng's spirit has inspired several generations of Chinese youth to follow his example.
Las week, the Student Union of our school started an activity aiming to look for "Contemporary Lei Fengs" around us. On Friday afternoon, we set out in groups with cameras in our hands. We first came across a blood donation bus. Many volunteers lined up to donate blood. Each of these donations would make a big difference to those in need. Then, across the street, we noticed someone helping a blind man down the street. On the bus, several children eagerly and sincerely offered their seats to an elderly lady... A week later, we held an exhibition, presenting all the moving scenes we had photographed. Seeing so many modern Lei Fengs around us who do not hesitate to help others selflessly, we are confident that our world will become better and better with everyone doing his part. 【写作内容】 1. 以约 30 个词概括上文的主要内容。 2. 以约 120 个词叙述一个你所遇到或听说的“当代雷锋”的事迹，内容包括： （1）时间、地点和经过； （2）你对此事的感受 （3）你对“学雷锋，做好事”的建议。
[写作要求] 1.作文中可用亲身经历或虚构的故事，也可参照阅读材料的内容，但不得直接引用原文中的 句子。 2.作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。 [评分标准] 概括准确，语言规范，内容合适，语篇连贯。
2014 年普通高中高二调研测试（英语）参考答案 第一节：单项选择（共 10 题，每题 1 分，满分 10 分） 1---5 BACDC 6---10 ABBDA
第二节：完形填空（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 11.---15 CACBD 16---20 A BBCD 21---25 ABCDA
第三节：阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分）
第四节：语法填空（共 10 小题，每题 1 分，满分 10 分） 46. Surely 51. and / to 47. a 52. However 48. which 53.is made 49. what 54. paying 50. them 55. between
第五节：单词拼写（共 10 小题，每题 1 分，满分 10 分） 【评分指引】：单词的时态、语态、单复数有错误，扣除 0.5 分。 56.indicates 57. classified 58. assumed 59. compromise 63. resist
60.convenient 61. interrupting 62.slipped 64. objected 65. retires
第六节：据中文，完成英语句子；每空填 1 个词。（共 5 小题，每题 2 分，满分 10 分） 【评分指引】：每个空 0.5 分。 66.It occurred to me that I should call on Jack tonight. 或.It occurs to me that I should call on Jack tonight. 67. He preferred to go into business alone rather than team up with anyone else. 68. After years of hard work, the Chinese artists brought the palace back to life successfully. 69. Later he wanted to repair a car which was in poor condition, but in vain. 70. All the memory of Mary?s childhood faded from her mind. 或 All the memory of Mary?s childhood has gradually faded away. 或 All the memory of Mary?s childhood has faded away gradually. 第七节读写任务（共 1 小题，满分 25 分） 4. 概括部分应包括以下信息或语义： 1) Lei Feng? spirit still encourage us; 2) take photos ;
3) an exhibition
Possible version 1 (概括 38 字，正文 123 字): Lei Feng left us 50 years ago, but his spirit still encourages us. Some students started an activity to take photos of those good people like Lei Feng and then held an exhibition to present their moving stories. This is a really meaningful activity. In the neighborhood where I lived, there was an elderly disabled lady whose husband died in 2008. She lived alone and had trouble taking care of herself. Luckily, a group of young volunteers began to look after her in turn. They sacrificed their free time to attend her, clean her house, wash clothes and even cook meals for her. Moved by their deeds, I joined them. Every day after school, I would go to help her and sometimes I chatted with her. She was happy, and I also feel happy inside my heart, for I can give help and happiness to others. All in all, all of us should learn from Lei Feng and do good deeds.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。