Module 2 Great books
Unit 3 language in use
the Passive Voice 被动语态
英语动词有两种语态： 主动语态 (the Active Voice) 被动语态(the Passive Voice)
A. 主动语态表示主语是动作的 执行者。 We plant t
he tree. B. 被动语态表示主语是动作的接 受者。 The tree is planted by us.
Active voice and Passive voice
动作执行者 动作 动作接受者
O. S V. Many people speak English. English is spoken by many people. 动作接受者 动作 动作执行者
1. 被动语态的构成 am +及物动词 +(by+ 主语+ is 的过去分词 动作执行者） are 动作 接受者 动作 动作 执行者
一般现在时的被动语态 This sweater is used for keeping warm. You are wanted on the phone. The Great Wall is visited by many
foreigners every year.
被动语态的句型总结如下： 肯定句: 主语+be+过去分词+(by--) 否定句: 主语+be not+过去分词+(by--) 一般疑问句:Be+主语+过去分词+(by-)? 特殊疑问句:
1. --Is the boy called Jack? --Yes, he is./ No, he isn’t. 2. The baby is not looked after by his father. 3. --What languages are spoken in Canada? --French and English.
2. 被动语态的用法 那么，什么时候试用被动语态呢？ 一般来说，被动语态用于一下几 种情况：
2. 被动语态的用法 1 ）要表达 “被 ... ”、 “受 ... ”、 “遭...”、 “让...”之类的 语义。如： 教师很受人尊敬。 Teachers are well respected. 这孩子很招人喜爱。 The child is well loved by people.
2. 被动语态的用法 2）强调动作接受者。如： 他远近闻名。 He is known far and wide. 3）不知道或者没有必要之处动作 的执行者。如： 房子每天有人打扫。 The room is cleaned every day.
1.Now choose the correct form of the words in the box to complete the sentences.
grow/isn’t grown influence/are influenced punish/is punished respect/are respected
punished for fighting. 1 Tom is ___________
2 They punish _________ Tom for fighting.
3 Confucius’ thoughts _________ influence people in the world. influenced 4 People in the worldare ____________ by Confucius’ thoughts. 5 Farmers _______rice in spring. grow
6 Rice ___________ isn’t grown in winter in the
2.Work in pairs. Ask and answer. 1. what/happen / Tom Sawyer? He has many exciting adventures, he / think / to be dead --what happens to Tom Sawyer? --He has many exciting adventures. he is thought to be dead.
2. who / punish / in the book? Injun Joe / punish / for / bad behavior --who is punished in the book? --Injun Joe is punished for bad behaviour. 3. what / special / about the book? it / believe / to be one of the greatest American books --what is special about the book? --it is believed to be one of the greatest American books.
3.Complete the conversation with the correct form of the words. Tom: Why_____ are popular books______ made (make) into films? Jerry: Oh, because the story is already known (1)_______________ (already / know) by lots of people, so the film versions will become popular as well. is Tom: But why (2)___the story sometimes changed _______(change) in the film version?
Jerry: Because films and books work differently. Some characters in the book are not included in the film are given version, but others(3)________ (give) more important roles than they had in the book. Tom: Surely that doesn't happen in historical films?
Jerry: Yes, it does, actually. Sometimes even the facts about history (4)_____________ are changed (change). Tom: But how can historical facts be rewritten? Jerry: Because films do not try to teach history, but rather, to tell a good story!
4.Look at the pictures and the notes. Use the notes to describe how a book is made.
First, a story is written, then it is read by the editor and changes are suggested, next, copies of the book are printed by the printer. After that, copies of the book are sent to reviewers to be read. Finally, the books are sold in bookshops.
5.Complete the passage with the correct form of the words in the box.
die hero influence kill popular prefer punish theme Films of Shakespeare’s plays are still popular (1)_______today because young people like to read the plays but often (2) _______to see them in the cinema. prefer
His stories are exciting and the (3)______ themes are meaningful. We see what the (4)_______ influences heroes do and what (5)________ them. For example, kings (6)__________ are killed by bad men, girls and boys (7)_____ die for love, and bad people (8)___________ are punished for their bad behavior.
1. 选择正确的词汇完成句子。 1.She ____ (likes / is liked) by all of us. 2.The teacher ______ (asks / is asked) to explain the sentence again. 3.The soup ______ (tastes / is tasted) very delicious. 4.These houses ________ (painted / are painted) every year.
are told (tell) to take 1.The students ________ care of their desks and chairs. are sold 2.Vegetables, eggs and fruits ________ (sell) in this shop. are used (use) for cutting 3.Knives ________ things. gets (get) up early in 4.Uncle Wang ____ the morning. is swept (sweep) by my 5. The floor ________ sister every day.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。