一、知识点 1. be good to 对??友好 be good for 对??有益；be bad to?/be bad for? I will be good to other people.我会善良的对待其他人. It would be good for you to spe
nd a holiday in the sun. 在有阳光的地方度假会给你带来很 多好处。 The Olympics will be good for business. 奥运会的召开将有利于商业的发展。 be good at 擅长 make good 有成就；成功 as good as 实际上；几乎等于 a good deal 许多，大量 彻底的；完全的；痛快的 to have a good drink 喝个痛快 2. add up 加起来 add up to 合计，总计 add? to 把??加到?? add to 增加 Add up your score and see how many points you get? 把你的分数加起来，看看得多少？ Some people can add up quite easily in their heads, but not all. Good friends do not add up what they do for each other; instead they offer help when it is needed. The figures add up to 270. 这些数字加起来是 270。 You shouldn’t add fuel to the flame 你不应该火上加油 Fireworks added to the attraction of the festival night. 焰火使节日的夜晚更加生色。 The bad weather added to the shipwrecked sailors’ difficulties.恶劣的天气增加了失事船只 的的困难。 Your friend can not go until he finishes cleaning his bike. not?until/till 意思是“直到?才” ，表示主句谓语所表示的动作直到 until 状语所表示的 时间才发生，主句的谓语动词表示的是动作的开始，动词既可以是延续性的，也可以是 非延续性的。 They did not come back until eleven. 他们会在十一点后回来。 I did not notice it until yesterday.我一直到昨天才注重到它。 4. You had to pay to get it repaired get sth done 使??完成/让某人做某事 5. You will ignore the bell and go somewhere quiet to calm your friend down. I said hello to her, but she ignored me completely! calm ?down 使平息, 使平静 calm down 平息/平静下来 The crying child soon calmed down.哭闹的小孩不多一会就安静下来。 It was a long time before he managed to calm himself down. 过了很久他才努力使自己冷 静下来。 We tried to calm him down, but he kept crying. 我们试图让他平静下来，但他仍不停地哭着。 6. Tell your friend that you are concerned about him. be concerned about 关心，挂念 He was very concerned about his children's education. 他很关心他儿子的教育。 Please don’t be concerned about me.请别为我操心。 Why is she so concerned about his attitude to her work? 她为什么那么关注他对她的工作的
看法？ 7. Your friend has gone on holiday and asked you to take care of his dog. go on holiday 度假 be on holiday 正在休假 What fun it will be when we all go on holiday together.我们大家一起去度假那可太有意思了. take care of 爱护，照料 take care 注意，当心 You are not (physically) strong, so you may as well take care of your health. 你的体格不壮， 因此最好注意健康。 8. While walking the dog, you were careless and it got loose. 在遛狗的时候，你一粗心松开了 手中的狗链。 当 while, when, before, after 等引导的时间状语从句中的主语与主句的主语一致时，可将 从 句中的主语和 be 动词省去。 walk sb home/ to a place: 为保证安全而陪某人去某地 It’s late ---- let me walk you home. 9. take one’s end-of-term exam 参加期末考试? ??? 10. 3) Your friend, who doesn’t work hard, asks you to help him cheat in the end-of-term exam. （非限制性定语从句） cheat in the exam 考试作弊 11. look at someone else’s paper 看别人的试卷 12. make a list of reasons 列举一些原因 13. Do you want a friend whom you could tell everything to, like your deepest feelings and thoughts? 你想有一位无话不谈、能推心置腹的朋友吗？ 14. go through 遭遇；经历；熬过；用光(钱)；获准，通过 It can go through the test of the time. 它能经受时间的考验. She knew that she had got to go through all the difficulties with her family. He would go through fire and water for his country. 他愿为国家赴汤蹈火。 15. hide away??躲藏；隐藏 16. I don’t want to set down a series of facts in a diary as most people do,?我不愿像大多数 人一样在日记中记流水账，?? Why don't you set your ideas down on paper? We have had a series of stormy days when we were on the island. The police asked him to set down what he had seen in a report. 警察让他在报告中写下他所 看见的事情。 16. I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature. 我不知道这是不是因为我长久无法出门的 缘故， 我变得对一切与大自然有关的事物都无比狂热。 17. I can well remember that there was a time when a deep blue sky, the song of birds, moonlight and flowers could never have kept me spellbound.??我记得非常清楚，曾有 一段 时间，湛蓝的天空、鸟儿的歌唱、月光和鲜花，从未使我心醉神迷过。 18. I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven one evening in order to have a good look at the moon for once by myself. 有一天晚上，我熬到 11 点半故意不睡觉，为的是独自好好看看月亮一次。 19. But as the moon gave far too much light, I didn't dare open a window.但是因为月光太 亮了，我不敢打开窗户。
She speaks French far better than I, so I don't dare talk with her in French. 20. I happened to be upstairs at dusk when the window was open. 黄昏时我碰巧在楼上，那 时窗户是开着的。 sth happen to sb 某人发生某事 What happened to him? sb happen to do sth 某人碰巧做某事? ?正巧 it so happened that 。 。 。 It happened that he was seen by his father. = He happened to be seen by his father. 他碰巧被他父亲看见了。 As I was about to go out and search for him, he happened to come in. 正当我打算出去找他时， 他恰巧进来。 The street lights go on at dusk. 街上的路段在傍晚时分亮起来。 21. It was the first time in a year and a half that I had seen the night face to face. 这是我一 年半 以来第一次目睹夜晚。 It is the first (second?etc) that? (从句谓语动词用现在完成时) It was the first (second?etc) that? (从句谓语动词用过去完成时) the first time 可作从属连词用， 引导时间状语从句。 The first time I saw her, my heart stopped. It was the first time that I talked with a foreigner face to face. I think we need a face-to-face talk so as to clear the misunderstanding. I have often heard of her. Actually, I've never met her face to face. 22. in one’s power 处于??的控制之中 I have got him in my power. I can ask him to do anything I want. 我控制了他，我可以让他 为我 做任何事。 23. It’s no pleasure looking through these any longer because nature is one thing that really must be experienced.观看这些已不再是乐趣，因为大自然是你必须亲身体验的。 It’s no good/ use doing sth. 做某事时没用的。 24. She found it difficult to settle and calm down in the hiding place. 25. suffer from 患?病; 受?苦痛;遭受 Most of the important cities of the world suffer from traffic jam. 世界上大多数大城市都 交通堵塞为患。 26. It was such fun to watch it run loose in the park. 27. I’ve got tired of looking nature through dirty curtains and dusty windows. 28. I need to pack up my things in the suitcase very quickly. 29. Mum asked her if she was very hot with so many clothes on. with+名词/代词(宾格)+分词/形容词/介词短语/不定式/副词在句中常作伴随状语。动词 形式的选择取决于宾语同动词之间的逻辑关系。 The murderer was brought in, with his hands tied behind his back. 30. have some trouble with sb or sth. 在??上遇到了麻烦 I have some trouble with my studies. 31. get along ? with sb/sth. 与某人相处怎样/某事进展如何？ If you have some trouble (in) getting along with your friends, you can write to the editor and ask for advice. 如果你在和朋友的相处上有问题，你可以写信给编辑向他征求建议。 32. This has made me angry. ?he made her diary her best friend… make 后接复合宾语，宾语补足语须用不带 to 的不定式、形容词、过去分词、名词等。常
见的有以下几种形式: make sb. do sth.让(使)某人做某事。He was made to repeat it.(注意在被动句中，不定式前要加 to) make sb. /sth. +adj.使某人/物?We should do our best to make our country stronger and more beautiful. make sb./ oneself +v-ed 让 某 人 / 自 己 被 ? When you speak, you should make yourself understood. (4) make sb.+n. 使某人成为? make it n. /adj.+(for sb.) to do sth. We made him leader of our team. (注意表示职位的名词前 不加冠词) He made it easy for us to understand the text. 33. I’m not good at communicating with people. 34. Although I tried to talk to my classmates, I still found it hard to make friends with them. 35. I do want to change this situation, but I don’t know how. 36. Mr. Jones lives alone and often feels lonely. 琼斯先生单独一人生活，常常感到孤独。 37. I would be grateful if you could give me some advice.如果您给我提些建议，我会非 常感谢的。 （I would be grateful if?委婉客气提出请求） 38. join in discussions and show interest in other people’s ideas 39. It’s a good habit for you to keep a diary.记日记对你来说是个好习惯。 40. Why not have a try? 41.True friends are like wine; the older, the better. 42. People are told that their actions should be as gentle as the wind that blows from the sea. 43. A friend in need is a friend indeed. 二、练习 一）把句子补充完整 1. 你把所有的数加起来就会知道 You will know the __________ when you _______ ________ all the numbers. 2. 我们努力想让他平静下来，但他还是激动地大叫。 We tried to _________ him _________ but he kept __________ excitedly. 3. 玛丽在医院里住了很长一段时间后，恢复了健康。 ? ?After a long stay_________________Mary ________ 4. 李鸣在这里定居后，和邻居们相处得很好。 Since Li Ming _________ here, he has ____________________ _________his neighbours. 5. 如果你不想和我在一起，你就收拾东西走人。 If you don’t want to stay with me, you can ______________ and go. 6.战争期间，我受了很多苦。我用日记记下自己的经历， 以便老了以后能够记住。 During the war, I ________ a lot. I wrote my diary to ________________ my ___________,so I would __________them when I was old. 二）填入所缺的词。 1.It was quite terrible. It took me some time to c______ down myself. 2.Parents are always c_______ much about their children.
3.True friends always s______ their sadness and happiness with each other. 4.I'm terribly sorry. I didn't do it on p__________. 5. Some animals hibernate under snow, because there is much air in l______ snow. 6. A_______ to the law, t_______ are not allowed to smoke or drink. 7. The old man went t_______ many wars and s_____ a lot from them. 8. After the terrible hurricane, the whole house was destroyed e________. 9. If you have some trouble, you can goto the teacher for a_________. 10. By internet, we can c_________ with people all over the world c_________. 11. By now, he has formed the h______ of doing some reading before going to bed. 12. The r_____ he gave for his c_____ in the exam was simple. 三）选择填空 --- Mary’s got crazy and has been sent to the mental hospital. Did you tell her boss about that? --- Yes, but I _____ her husband first. A. should have told B. shouldn’t have told C. must have told D. needn’t have told There was ______ time _____ Chinese used foreign oil. A. a; when B. a; while C. /; when D. /; while 3．It was because of bad weather __________ the football match had to be put off. A. so B. so that C. why D. that 4.---Look! The telephone is broken. Someone damaged it ________ purpose. ---That may be right. But perhaps it was broken _________ accident. A. on; by B. by; by C. on; on D. by; on 5. What great trouble we had ___________ where his house was. A. in finding B. to find C. find D. found 6. Some students have trouble _____ grammar while others have difficulty______ new words. A. in; remember B. for; to remember C. on; remembering D. with; remembering 7． I cannot spend ________ money on the car which is ________ expensive for me. A. too much; much too B. far too; too much C. much too; too much D. too many; much too 8．———— catch the first bus, he got up very early this morning. A. In order to B. In order that C. So as to D. So that 9. There are altogether 6 people in the room, the baby________. A. include B. including C. included D. to include 10. The manager of the factory told us that very little ______ was made of the waste material in the past. A. cost B. value C. use D. matter 11. There is no _____ swimming-pool in this school and the students often go to swim _____. A. indoors; outdoors B. indoor; outdoor C. indoor; outdoors D. indoor; indoors 12. It is the first time that I _______ this kind of moon cake. A. enjoyed B. have enjoyed C. Enjoy D. enjoying 13. When was it _____ your mother showed you around the West Lake ？ A. until B. if C. which D. that 14． In the reading room , we found her _____ at a desk, with her attention ____ on a book. A. sitting; fixing B. to sit; fixed C. seating; fixing D. seated; fixed 15．I’m glad you’ve come; I am _______ telephoning you.
A. at the point of B. to the point of
C. on the point of D. in the point of
必修 I--unit 1 练习参考答案
Answers （一） 1. result, add,up.. calm,down ,shouting 3. in, hospital, recovered. 4. settled, got , along, well, with 5. pack, up 6. suffered, set, down, experiences, remember （二） 1. calm concerned 3. Share 4. Purpose 5. Loose 6. according, teenagers 7. through, suffered 8. Entirely 9. Advice 10. Communicate 11. habit 12. reason, cheat （三） 1-5 AADAA 6-10 DAACC 11-15 CBDDC
必修 I--unit 2
I---II English around the world 一、知识点 1. go to the pictures 去看电影（美） ；go to the movies 去看电影（英） 2. ?list the countries that use English as an official language 列举把英语用作官方语言的国家 3. the road to ?通向??之路 4. at the end of 在??末端，在??尽头，by the end 最后（=finally） 5. because of 因为?? （注意和 because 的区别） Many beautiful fish are fast disappearing because of the severe pollution.因为污染严重，许多美 丽的鱼类正在面临绝种。 An argument was inevitable because they disliked each other so much. 争论是不可避免的，因为他们彼此非常厌恶。 6. native English speakers 以英语作为母语的人 7. even if (= even thoug)即使，用来引导一个让步状语从句，后面既可用陈述语气，也可用虚 拟语气，但是 even if/even though,引导的从句中不用将来时。如：Even though/if it rains tomorrow, we will leave for Beijing. 8. come up 走上前来，走近，发生，出现 come up with 追上，赶上，提出 9. Actually all languages change and develop when cultures meet and communicate with each other.事实上，当不同文化相互交流渗透时，所有的语言都会有所发展、有所变化。 10. be different from? 与??不同 be different in ? 在??不同 Most of my projects will be wildly different in performance from one night to the next. 我多数作品每天晚上的演奏风格都各不相同。 As we know, Britain English is a little different from American English.中所周知， 英国英语和美 国英语有点不同。 11. be based on 以??为基础 The relationship between our two countries is based upon mutual respect. 两个国家的关系以相互尊重为基础。 This book is based on a true story that happened in
the 1930s. 这本书以发生在 20 世纪三十年代的真实故事为基础。The reporter asked the writer who he based his character on. 记者问作家他作品的人物是以谁为原型的。 12. at present 目前，眼下 be present at 在席；出席 present sth to sb / present sb with sth 把?? 推荐，呈现??for the present 眼前；暂时 present oneself 出席；到场 13. make (great/ good/better/full)use of We have a lot of work to do, so we have to make good use of time.我们有很多工作要做，所以要 好好利用时间。 14. The latter gave a separate identity to Amerian English speaking. 后者体现了美国英语的不 同特色。 15. For example, India has a very large number of fluent English speakers because Britain ruled India from 1765 to 1947. 比如说， 印度拥有众多讲英语流利的人，这是应为英国于 1765 到 1947 年统治过印度。(A small number of friends came to help him when he was in trouble) 16. such as 例如 for example In this paragraph there are many nouns, such as boy, girl, and book. 这一段里面有 很多名词，例如男孩、女孩和书本。Many great men have risen from poverty---Lincoln, for example. 许多伟人从贫困中崛起，例如林肯。You can take your research work for example. 你可以拿你的研究工作做个例子。 17. Today, the number of people learning English in China is increasing rapidly. 目前在中学习英 语的人数正在迅速增长。 18. the largest number of 大多数的 China has the largest number of people.中国有着世界上最多的人。 19. It is not easy for a Chinese person to speak English as fluently as a native speaker. 中国人说 英语很难像以英语为母语的人说英语那么流利。 20. One reason is that English has a large vocabulary. 一个原因是英语有很大的词汇量。 21. different English speaking countries 不同的说英语的国家 22. sing sb a song = sing a song for sb 23. turn off turn on turn up turn down 24. hold on 坚持住，握住不放；(打电话时)不挂断，等—会 hold on to vt. 拉住(抓牢) 25. believe it or not 信不信由你 26. those who reported the news were expected to speak excellent English 人们期望新闻播音员 所说的英语是最好的英语 27. ? you will hear the difference in the way（that/ in which） people speak. 你会听出人们在 说话时的差异。 28. play a role/ part (in) 在?中担任角色；在?中起作用;扮演一个角色；参与 play an important role/ part 在?中起重要作用 Deng Xiaoping played an important part in developing the economy in China.邓小平在中国经济 的发展过程中起着重要作用。 29. from one place to another 从一个地方到另一个地方 30. the same ?as? 与??一样 31. ? they still recognize and understand each other’ s dialects. ??他们仍然能够辨别、 理解 彼此的方言。
32. No problem.没问题 33. a nice fall day = a lovely autumn day 34. at the top of?在?顶上，在最高位， at the bottom of 在??底部 35. keep fit 保持健康 You need exercise and keep fit.你需要运动和保持体形。 36. build up 逐渐积聚，集结；逐步建立；增进，增强 bring up 教养，养育；提出 37. When you learn English, try to have fun with the language. 当学英语的时候，努力找出语言 的乐趣。 38. Visitors are requested not to take photos in the museum. 博物馆要求参观的旅客不得在馆内 拍照。 39. by candle light 借助于烛光 40. be satisfied with?对??感到满意，满足于 Never be satisfied with just a little success. 不要有一点成绩就满足。 41. She suggested using CDs to listen to English songs and learn English expressions, watching the news and interviews on CCTV 9, and trying to listen to native speakers.她建议用 CD 来听英 语歌曲和学习英语短语，看新闻和中央电视台 9 套访谈，努力听以英语为母语的人说话。 It is suggested that ...有人提议... I suggest that ...我觉得[认为] I suggested you do what he says. 我建议你按照他说的去做。 I suggest you not go tomorrow. 我想你明天还是不要去了。 His pale face suggested that he was in bad health. 他苍白的脸色暗示了他身体不好。 42. at sea 在海上 当海员 迷惑, 茫然 by sea 乘船，经海路 by the sea 在海边, 在海岸边 in the sea 在海里 on the sea 在海上 beyond/over the sea 在海外 She tried to understand the instructions, but she was completely at sea. 她费尽力气想看懂那些说明文字，却全然不知所云。 43. according to ? 按照?? He lives according to her means 他按他的方式生活 二、练习 一）单项选择 1 Mr. Huang will ________ in the movement. A. play a leading part? B. take parts? C. play leading part? D. take a part 2. We discussed where to go for a whole morning, but we decided to stay at home_____. A. at the end B. by the end C. in the end D. on end 3. _____ of the students who took part in the military training is 450. A. A number B. A lot C. Lots D. The number 4. Sometimes ________ English is quite different from _______ English in many ways. A. speaking, writing B. spoken, written C. speaking, written D. spoken, writing 5. Can you tell me if you have found the key ________ your car. A. for B. to C. about D. by 6. When we visited Zhou Zhuang again ten years later, we found it changed so much that we could
hardly ________ it. A. remember B. think about C. believe D. recognize 7. It is so nice to hear from her, _______, we last met more than 30 years ago. A. what’s more B. that’s to say C. in other words D. believe it or not 8. They lived a hard life and were often made _______ for over ten hours a day. A. work B. to work C. to working D. worked 9. Do you have any difficulty ________? A. on listening B. to listening C. for listening D. with listening 10. Please tell me the way you thought of _______ the garden. A. take care of B. to take care of C. taking care of D. to take care 11. Can you explain how it _______ that you missed the morning classes? A. came across B. came to C. came up D. came about 12. China Daily is ____ a newspaper, for it can also serve as a useful textbook for English study. A. more than B. more or less C. less than D. more and more 13. The leader of the factory told us that very little _______ was made of the waste material in the past. A. cost B. value C. use D. matter 14. The reason_____ being late for the meeting was____ his little son fell ill this morning. A. for, that B. why, that C. for, because D. why, because 15. You made the same mistake for _____ second time, dropping____ “n” in the word “government”. A. a, the B.a , a C. the, an D. a, an 16. The president, together with his bodyguards, _____ to the nuclear station??_____ there was an accident 20 minutes ago. A. have come, which B. came, in which C. has come, where D. came, in where 17.“Not all of the dinosaurs were dangerous”. This sentence means___ . A. none of the dinosaurs were dangerous. B. all of the dinosaurs were not dangerous. C. few of the dinosaurs were dangerous D. no dinosaurs were dangerous 18. －He asked Tom, “Have you finished your homework？” －He asked Tom_____ . A. if had he finished his homework. B. whether he had finished his homework. C. if he had finished homework. D. if you had finished your homework. 19. He realized she was crying ________ what he had sad. A. because B. because of C. as D. since 20. ------You haven’t done it well.------ But I tried my best and did it _______ the way _______ I think is the best. 二）根据首字母提示完成句子。 1．Mr. Wu doesn't like the W ______-way of life, so he came back to our hometown last year. 2．She has a very large v____________ and she can read English novels now. 3．His n___________ language is not Chinese but he can speak it fluently. 4．Everyone went to see the film, me i_______________. 5．What the British call “petrol” the Americans call “g____________”. 6．The UN is an i__________ organization that tries to solve problems between countries 7．In this part of the city, you can see ancient and m_______ buildings next to each other. 8．It is the duty of a g_______________ to provide education for the children of its countries.
9．I love working abroad and meeting people from different c__________. 10．We are concerned about the p__________ situation in the Middle East. 11．A_________, I’ve known Barbara for years since we were babies. 12．Jet Li has played lots of leading r_______ in Kong Fu films. 13．Though I hadn’t seen Lily for ten years, I r_______ her voice immediately I picked up the phone. 14． Judging from his a_______, he must be from North East of China next to each other.
必修 I--Unit 2 练习参考答案
一） 1-5 ACDBB 6-10 DDBDB 11-15 DACAD 16-20 CBBBA 二） 1. Western2. vocabulary 3. native4. included5.gas6. international7. morden 8. government 9. cultures 10.present 11. Actually12. roles13. recognized 14.accent
必修 I--unit 3
I---III Travel journal 一、知识点 1.prefer prefer doing to talking 喜欢做而不喜欢说 Which of these two dresses do you prefer? 这两套衣服你喜欢哪一套？ I prerer to go to America for my fruther study. 我更愿意选择去美国进修学习。 Anne prefers me to replace her at the meeting. 安妮更愿意我代替她去参加会议。 1.advantages and disadvantages 优劣 2.How do they make use of it in their daily life? 在日常生活中他们是如何利用它的 3.low through 流过，流经 4.Ever since middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip. 从高中起，我姐姐王维和我就一直梦想做一次伟大的自行车旅行。 ? ?连词 since 引导的时间 状语从句用一般过去时，介词 since 与表示过去某一点时间的词语连用，副词 since 后不用 从句或词语。 It is/has been+一段时间+since+一般过去时(从句中的动作不能延续)自从??至今已经多久 了。 since then 自从那时至今 ever since 从那以后一直 5. persuade sb to do sth= persuade sb into doing sth 说服某人做某事 He persuaded her to go to school, even though she did not want to. 即使她不想去上学，他还 是说服她去。 6.grow up in western Yunnan 在云南西部长大 7.After graduating fro college, we finally got the chance to take a bike trip.大学毕业以后，我们 终于有了机会骑自行车旅行。 8. It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. 首先想到沿湄公河从源头到终点骑车旅游的是我的姐姐。 强调句型 It is/was?that/who 的用法归纳如下： 强调句型可以强调除谓语动词以外的任何句子成份。一般来说，如果被强调部分是人时，用 连词 that 或 who； 如果被强调部分是物， 只能用连词 that。 强调句型应避免使用 when, where,
which 等连词。 含一般疑问句和特殊疑问句的强调句句型: ① 含一般疑问句的强调句型，其结构为：Is it+被强调部分+that/who+句子的其余部分？ ② 特殊疑问句的强调句型结构形式为：特殊疑问词+is/was it that/who+句子的其余部分？ 9.schedual for the trip 旅行计划 10.be fond of 喜欢，喜爱 Although she didn’t know the best way of getting to places, she insisted that she organize the trip properly.尽管她对去某些地方的最佳路线并不清楚，她坚持要自己把这次旅行安排得尽善尽 美。 （注意 1：Although conj. “尽管，虽然” ，引导让步状语从句。拓展： ① although 从句多在句首， though 从句可在主句前、中、后任何位置，而且 though 可以 作副词用于句末，作“但是，不过”讲，而 although 无此用法。 ② although 用来陈述事实而不用于假设，所以 as though(仿佛，好像)，even though(即使， 尽管)中不能用 although。 ③ though 引导的让步状语从句可以倒装(将表语、状语、情态动词后的动词原形前置到句 首，此用法同 as),而 although 不可以。注意 2：insist 在这里的意思是“坚持要求”后面的 that 从句用虚拟语气；如果 insist 意为“强调，坚持认为”的时候，从句可以用任何所需要 的时态。 例如： She insisted that she didn’ t tell a lie.她强调她没撒谎。 另外， 还可以用 insist on doing sth/ sth. 一定要、 坚持主张， 如： She insists on getting up early and playing her radio loudly 她老是一大早起来把收音机音量开大。 ） 11.care about details 考虑细节 （The only thing he cares about is money. 他唯一在乎的就是 金钱。 care for 喜欢，照料，照顾 I don’t really care for red wine. 我其实并不喜欢红葡萄酒。 Who will care for your child if you are out? 如果你外出了，谁来照顾你的孩子？ 12. give me a determined look 给了我一个坚定的眼神 13 .change one’s mind 改变主意 14.she seemed to be excited about it. 似乎显得兴奋 15.an interesting experience 一次有趣的经历 16.Once she has made up her mind, nothing can change it. Finally, I had to give in.她一旦下了决 心，什么也不能使她改变。最后，我只好让步了。Once 可作为从属连词，作“一(旦)?? 就??”解，连接一个表示时间的状语从句。从句中常用一般现在时，现在完成时表将来。 如：Once you have begin you must continue. Once printed，the book will be very popular。 17.It becomes rapids as it passes through deep valleys, travelling across wetern Yunnan Province. 它穿过深谷时就变成了急流，流经云南西部。 18.It makes wide bends or meanders through low valleys to the plains where rice grows. 河水 蜿蜒缓慢地穿过低谷，流向生长稻谷的平原。 19.He is so stubborn that no one can persuade him to do anything. 他太固执，没有一人能劝动 他做事。 20.A determined person always tries to finish the job, no matter how hard it is. 不论工作多难， 一个坚决的人总是努力地去完成它。 21.My grandapa is fond of fishing and sometimes he fishes all day in the river. 我爷爷喜欢钓 鱼，有时他整天在河边钓鱼。 22.I prefer the red dress to the green one because it fits me better.我喜欢那件红色的衣服不喜 欢那件绿色的，因为红色的更合我的身。
23.The concert went like clockwork because Li Pei organized it so well.音乐会顺利地进行，因 李佩组织地相当好。 24. I wanted to pay the train fare, but my friend insisted. Finally I gave in.我想付火车票费用， 但我朋友坚持他付。最后我让步了。 25.She persuaded all of us to cycle to work instead of taking the bus.她说服了我们不做公共汽 车而是骑车去工作。 26.As neither of them would give in, no decision was taken that day.由于双方都不让步，那 天有形成决议。 27.The task was difficult, but Helen’s determined expression let me know that she would not give up.虽然工作很难，但海伦的坚定神情使我知道她不会放弃。 28.How I wish I could make a journey into space and see the stars up close. 我多么希望我能 够进行太空旅行，近距离地看看星星啊。 29.The very first time that Joe saw the film “ET” directed by Steven Spieberg, he made up his mind to become a director too.第一次看 Steven Spieberg 执导的电影“ET”时，他就 下定 决心也要当一名导演。 30 a large parcel of 一大包 31. We are taking out insurance to cover any problems.我们要投保给一切问题保险。 32. Our legs were so heavy and cold that they felt like blocks of ice.我们的腿又冷又沉，感觉 就像大冰块。 33. Along the way children dressed in long wool coats stopped to look at us.一路上，一些身着 羊毛大衣的孩子们停下来看我们。 34. However, the lakes shone like glass in the setting sun and looked wonderful.然而，湖水在 落日的余晖下闪亮如镜，景色迷人。 35. as usual 像往常一样 36. At one point we were so high that we found ourselves cycling through clouds. 在某个时 刻，我们发现自己置身高处，仿佛骑车穿越云层。 37. We saw many sheep eating green grass. 我们看到羊群在吃草。 38 make camp 宿营 39. put up our tent 搭帐篷 40. stay awake 睡不着，醒着 41. at midnight 在半夜 42. for company 做伴 43. lie beneath the stars 躺在星空下 44. We can hardly wait to see them.我们迫不及待地想要见到他们。 45. Good luck on your journey. 祝你旅途愉快 46. When you go on a journey, why not keep a travel journey? 当你出游的时候问什么不记旅 行日记呢？ 47. see the world through somebody else’s eyes 通过别人的眼睛看世界 48. go in the right direction 走正确的方向 49.he tortoise moves at a very slow pace.乌龟以很慢的速度行进。If you pace yourself, you will be able to work efficiently. 如果你为自己定好了速度，你就会高效地工作。 50. be similar to 类似于 51. afford to do sth 付得起，能承担 52. be tired from 因??而疲劳
be tired of 对??厌倦 53. be in high spirits 喜气洋洋，兴高采烈 54. come true 实现，成真 55. Ask them to give you some advice on improving it. 要他们就如何改进提一些建议。 56. a guide to? ??的指南 57. on a tour 在游览中，在巡演中 58. in detail 详细地
必修 I--Unit 3
二、练习 一）单词拼写 1. At the party the foreign teacher was r__________ to sing some songs. 2. He is a s__________ person. Once he has made up his mind, he will not change. 3. Though we have learned English for two years, we can’t communicate with native speakers p__________. 4. The goods will be t_______ to Hong Kong by ship. 5. I advised him not to join them. F________ he accepted my advice. 6. Being a fan of Liu Dehua, she buys every music r_______ that is produced by him. 7. What’s your a_______ to wearing jewelry to school. 8. At last we were persuaded to _____________ (骑自行车)around China. 9. Writing travel j_________ makes you think more and enjoy more. 10. I am so _________ (熟悉) with him that I recognized his voice the moment I picked up the telephone. 二）选词填空, 注意形式。 Record determine treat altitude change one’s mind be familiar to give in dream bring up so far 1. Once she is determined to do something, it is impossible to get her to____________. 2. Nowadays, many young children would like to bargain with their parents when asking for money. Unfortunately their parents seldom ___________. 3. They insisted they ________ equally. 4. Pop songs _____usually __________ teenagers. 5.He was born in Shandong Province and _______ there. 6.She gave me a ___________ look, which suggested that she would never make any changes. 7.She often _______ that she would become a famous singer one day. 8.They have been to seven European countries ___________. 9.After it leaves the high _________, the river becomes wide and runs into the sea. 10.He won another gold medal as he set a new ___________ in the 100m dash. 三）单项填空 1. --- What’s that terrible noise? --- The neighbours ____for a party. A. have prepared B. prepare C. are preparing D. will prepare 2. Last Friday when we were talking, I suddenly had ____ idea to go on ____ hike in the valley. A. an, a B. the , a C. an, the D. the, the 3. He insisted that we ____ there for the night.
A. stayed B. had stayed C. stay D. would stay 4. The road ____ be very crowded in the rush hour. A. shall B. need C. must D. should 5. Once we _____, we should work hard until we succeed. A. make up our mindB. make our mindC. make up our mindsD. make our minds 6. After the fighting, the enemy ____. A. gave up B. gave out C. gave off D. gave in 7. The Great Wall winds its way ____high mountains, ___ deep valleys and ___ great deserts. A. on, across, through B. over, through, through C. over, through, across D. on, in, across 8. Because of the _____, we can’t go high up to the mountains without the oxygen tanks. A. smelly gas B. cold weather C. high altitude D. frozen water 9. Do what you think right; Never ______ what others say. A. care for B. care of C. take care of D. care about 10. The twin looks _____ each other. It’s difficult to tell ____. A. similar to, which is which B. same as, who is who C. similar to, who is who D. the same to, which is which 11. Tom, who eats ____ little food, is ____ strong ____ he can lift the heavy box. A. so, so…as B. such, so… as C. so, so … that D. such, so … that 12. A modern city has been set up in ______ was a wasteland a few years ago. A. which B. What C. that D. where 13. When the children were told that they could go to the USA with their father, they could _______ to tell their best friends. A. not call B. never wait C. hardly call D. hardly wait 14. What he said just now got all of us _______. A. disappoint B. to disappoint C. disappointed D. disappointing 15.—Kayla, we are taking a boat trip to Hawaii tomorrow. Would you like to go with us —That sounds exciting. I’d like to, but I can not. _______. A. Have a nice trip B.I envy you C. Very sorry D. Good bye 16. China is a great country. For one thing, she has a long history with much knowledge; _______, she is developing rapidly in her own way. A. second B. the second C. for another D. for other thing 17. Was it in 2002 __________ he was still at middle school __________ the boy became expert at computer? A. that; where B. when; where C. that; when D. when; that 18. ---Are you still busy? --- Yes, I_________ my work, and it won’t take long. A. just finish B. am just finishing C. have just finished D. am just going to finish 四）句型转换 1. a. I insisted on his not giving up that job. b. I insisted that he _______ ______ up that job. 2. a. Since middle school, we’ve had a dream that one day we will take a great bike trip. b. Since middle school, we’ve _______ _________ taking a great bike trip one day. 3. a. They often help us with the housework. b. It ______ they ______ often help us with the housework.
4. a. To our surprise, we learned that half of the Mekong River is in China. b. We ______ __________ to learn that half of the Mekong River is in China. 5. a. The Italian football team played well enough to enter the final in the last World Cup. b. The Italian football team played ___ well ___ it entered the final in the last World Cup.
必修 I---unit 3 练习参考答案
（一） 1. requested 2. Stubborn 3. Properly 4. Transported 5. finally? ? 6. record 7. Attitude 8. Cycle 9. Journals 10. familiar （二） 1. change her mind 2. give in 3. be treated 4. are, familiar to 5. brought up 6. determined 7. Dreamed 8. so far 9. Altitudes 10. record （三） 1－5CBCCA 6－10DCCDA, 11－15CBDCA 16－18CDB （四） 1. not give 2. dreamed of/ about 3.is…who/ that 4. were surprised 5. so…that.
必修 I---unit 4 I---IV Earthquakes 一、知识点 1.Now imagine there has been a big earthquake. 现在，假设有一次大地震。 “There +be +主语+其它成分”结构中 there 为引导词，本身无意义，谓语动词按照就近一致 原则。其它相似句型还有： There happen to be 碰巧有 There seems/appears to be 好像有 There is likely to be 可能有 There may/might be 也许有 There must be 一定有 There can’t be 不可能有 There is said/reported to be 据说/据报道有 There used to be 曾经有 There is sure/certain to be 一定有 2. happen to. It (so) happened that… Did you hear what happened to David last night? 你听说大卫昨天晚上发生什么事了吗? What will happen to the children if Peter and Alice break up? 如果彼得和爱丽丝离婚孩子们将 怎么办? I happened to see Peter on the way to the bookstore yesterday. 昨天我去书店的路上碰巧遇见了 彼得。 It so happened that I saw Peter on the way to the bookstore yesterday. 昨天我去书店的路上碰巧 遇见了彼得。 I happened to be out when he called. 他来访时，恰巧我出去了。(= It happened that I was out when he called.) I happened on just the thing I had been looking for. 我偶然发现了我所要找的东西。
3. right away 毫不迟疑，立刻 He is ill; you should call in the doctor right away. 他病了, 你应该立即请大夫来。 4. A smelly gas came out of the cracks. 裂缝里冒出臭气。 5. In the farmyards, the chickens and even the pigs were too nervous to eat. 农家大院里，鸡甚 至 猪都紧张得不想吃食。 6. But the one million people of the city, who thought little of these events, were asleep as usual that night.但是，这个城市的一百万居民都没有把这些情况当一回事，当天晚上 照常睡着了。 7. It seemed as if the world was at an end. 世界似乎到了末日。 从句表示“(在某人)看来好像；似乎” ① It seems/looks/appears as if/though?看起来好像? ② Sb./Sth. looks as if/though?(不用 seem/appear) ③ There seems/appears(to be)?(不用 look) There appears to have been a mistake. =It appears that there has been a mistake. ④ It seems so. =So it seems.看来似乎是这样。 8. In fifteen terrible seconds a large city lay in ruins. 在可怕的 15 秒钟内，一座大城市就沦落 为 一片废墟之中。 9. Two-thirds of them died or injured during the earthquake. 三人之二的人在地震中死去或 受伤。 10. The number of people who were killed or injured reached more than 400,000. 死伤的人数 达到 40 多万。 10. Some of the rescue workers and doctors were trapped under the ruins.有些医生和救援人员 被困在废墟下面。 11. All hope was not lost.不是所有的希望都破灭了。该句为部分否定。All, both, everyone, everybody, everything 以及 every+名词都表示全部肯定；但当 not 在它们之 前或之后都表示部分否定。no one, none nobody, nothing, not?any, 以及 no+名词都表示 全部否定。如： ② Both of them haven’t read this story.并非他们二人都看过这个故事。 ② All of the boys are clever, but none of them can work out this problem. 这些男孩都很聪 明，但没有一个人能解出这道题。 ③ All bamboo doesn’t grow tall.=Not all bamboo grows tall. 并非所有的竹子都长的高。 12. Workers built shelters for survivors whose homes had been destroyed. 救援人员为那些家 园被毁的幸存者盖起了避难所。 13. under the weight of 在??重压下，迫于 14. in the open air 在户外，在野外，露天 in the air 在空中，悬而未决 15. take turns to do sth 依次，轮流做某事 in turn 依次地，轮流地 It is your turn now.现在轮到你了。 No one is allowed to get his ticket out of turn. 任何人都不准不按次序买票。 16. be shocked at 对??感到震惊 17. be proud of 以??为自豪 18. Our office would like to have you speak to the park visitors on July 28 19. express one’s thanks to sb /for sth… 对/因??表示感谢
20. without warning 毫无预兆 21. next to 紧接着，相邻，次于 22. get away from… 避免，摆脱，离开 23. disarster-hit areas 灾区 24. raise money 募捐，筹款 25. Listening to English is a very important skill because it is only when we understand what is said to us that we can have a conversation with somebody. 听英语是一项很重要的技能， 因为只 有当我们懂得别人给我们说什么我们才能与他交谈。 26. It is believed that on the surface of the earth are a number of plates. 人们认为地球表面是 一些板块。 27. hold up 举起；托住；支撑；使停滞;耽搁；提出；阻挡；列举，推举；(理论等)经得住 Women can hold up half of the sky.妇女能顶半边天。 28. make up 弥补, 虚构, 缝制, 整理, 包装, 和解, 编辑, 化妆,补足,拼凑 Farm workers make up only a small section of the population.农民只占人口的一小部分. The boy made up a story; it was not true. 男孩编了个故事，这故事不是真的。 29. The judge gave a prize and his congratulations to the cyclist who won the competition.裁判 把奖金颁给赢得比赛的自行车选手，并向他祝贺。 30. The miners who had been trapped in the mine for two days were finally rescued.被困在煤 矿里两天的矿工们最后得到了营救。 31. The reporter recognized that the girl who was so frightened was trying to avoid the question. 记者意识到女孩很害怕，而且尽力地回避问题。 32. The big fire destroyed two shops which are about four blocks from here. 大火摧毁了离这 儿四个街区的两个商店。 33. I can’t express how I am feeling at the moment. 我无法表达我现在的感觉。 34. It is said but true that people die in earthquakes from falling furniture and bricks. 据说但是 真 实的，在地震中人们死于倒落的家具和砖块。 35. be fixed to?被固定到?? 36. be tied to ? 被绑在??
必修 I---unit 4
二、练习 一）单项选择 1. The rich_____ not always happy. A. is B. are C. has D. have 2. About_______ of workers in that steel works are young people. A. third-fifths B. three-fifths C. three-fives D. three-fifth 3. I’ve told him____________. A. a hundred time B. hundred times C. hundred of times D. hundreds of times 4. His parents wouldn’t let him marry anyone ________ family was poor. A. of whom B. whom C. of whose D. whose 5. ________from his looks, he is a kind man. A. Judging B. Being Judged C. To judge D. Judge 6. Instead of ________sights, Edison would spend the time ________in the public library. A. seeing, to read B. see, read C. to see, to read D. seeing , reading
7. I work in a business _______ almost everyone is waiting for a great chance. A. how B. which C. where D. that 8. Hearing the old man’s report, the officer _______ from his seat and said something must be done to ________ people’s living standards. A. raised; rise B. rose; raise C. raised; raise D. rose; rise 9. __________ have known the results of the exam. A. It seemed to B. It seemed to him to C. He seemed that he D. He seemed to 10. How is it ______ he has made such rapid progress? A. that B. why C. when D. the one 11. There were two buildings, _______ stands nearly a hundred feet high. A. the large B. the larger of them C. the larger on that D. the larger of which 12. I’ve never been to Paris, but it is a place__________. A. where I’d like to visit B. in which I’d like to visi C. that I want to visit it most D. I most want to visit 13. Japan lies _______ the east of China. It is a developed country. A. in B. on C. to 、D. from 14. A. that B. which C. the one D. / 二）单词拼写 1. As a result of the accident, the e＿＿＿＿＿ has to be cut off.? ? 2. We were s＿＿＿＿＿ when we heard of the news that they would get married soon. 3. They began the r＿＿＿ work at once, as soon as the earthquake happened.. 4. The mother is very upset. I noticed her hand ＿＿＿＿＿. (shake) 5. It is u＿＿＿ to argue with him, he is too stubborn. 6. There were dozens of people i＿＿＿＿in the fire, and they were sent to hospital immediately. 7. The balloon r＿＿＿ up slowly into the air. 8. Your hands will be d＿＿＿ if you play in the d＿＿. 9. The dead were b＿＿＿ in the ground after the terrible earthquake. 10. Earthquake is the most terrible d＿＿＿＿ in the world. 11. We should h＿＿＿ the soldiers who died in the war. 12. This is a s＿＿＿ about how to improve our learning skill, and it was made by Wang Guoquan. 13. The students are p＿＿＿＿ for the mid-term exam. 14. How many j＿＿＿＿ have been invited to the competition? 15. The city was completely d＿＿＿＿ by the earthquake. 16. Do you know who o＿＿＿＿＿ the meeting? 三）汉译英 1. 我谨向那些帮助过我的老师致谢。 2. 大部分矿工被救了出来。 3. 这座小城的许多房子都被暴风雨给摧毁了。 4. 地震过后，全村到处都是残垣断壁。 （一） Keys 1-5 BBDDA 6-10 DCBDA 11-14 DDCC （二） 1. electricity 2. shocked 3. rescue 4. shaking 5. Useless 6. Injured . rose 8. dirty, dirt
9. buried 10.disaster 11. honour 12. speech 13. preparing 14. judges 15. destroyed 16. organized （三） 1. I would like to express my thanks to the teachers who have helped me. 2. Most of the miners were rescued. 3. Many houses in the small town were destroyed by the storm. 4. After the earthquake the whole village lay in ruins.( The earthquake left the whole village in ruins.)
必修 I---Unit 5
I---V Nelson Mandela—a modern hero 一、知识点 1. A great person is a someone who devotes his/her life to helping others. 伟人是把自己的生 命奉献给帮助别人的人。 （He started to study ecology and decided to devote his whole life to the science.他开始研究生态学，并决心将他的一生献身于这门科学。He devoted himself entirely to music.他将一生奉献给了音乐。 ） 2. fight against 对抗，反对，与??作斗争 We are all brothers in the same fight against injustice.在共同反对非正义行为的斗争中, 我们 都是同志. People often have to fight for their liberty.人们往往不得不为自由而战。 He and his wife are always fighting about who will take after the children. 他与他妻子总是 在为由谁来照看孩子而吵架。 3. He worked selflessly in China as a doctor and saved many Chinese soldiers. 作为一个医生 他无私地在中国工作，并且拯救了很多中国战士。 4. He strongly believed in the three principles: nationalism; people’s rights; people’s livelihood. 他主张三民主义：民主、民权、民生。 5. be free from 免于，不受 A judge must be free from prejudice.法官必须不抱成见。 6. in a peaceful way 以和平的方式 7. be in prison 入狱，在狱中服刑 in the prison 在监狱 8. the same?as?和??一样 9. the first man to land on the moon 第一个登上月球的人 10. The time when I first met him was a very difficult period of my life. 第一次见到他的时候 是在我一生中非常艰难的时期。 （定语从句） 11. He was generous with his time,for which I was grateful.他十分慷慨地给予我时间，我为此 非常感激。 （He is generous with his money.他花钱大方。I am grateful to you for helping me. 感谢你的帮助。Our grateful thanks are due to you.我们衷心感谢你。 ） 12. have little education 受的教育少 13. I could not read or write well. 我既不会读也不会写。 14. I worried about whether I would become out of work. 我担心我是不是会失业。 15. I became more hopeful about my future. 我对自己的未来充满了希望。 （I am hopeful that she will come tomorrow. 我对她明天要来抱着希望。 ） 16. as soon as I could 尽快， 马上 17. The last thirty years have seen the greatest number of laws stopping our rights and
progress, until today we have reached a stage where we have almost no rights at all. （定语从句） 过去 30 年来所出现的大量法律剥夺我们的权利， 阻挡我们的进步， 一直到今天， 我们还处 在 几乎什么权利都没有的阶段。 （The 19th century saw many changes. 许多变革发生于 19 世 纪。at an early stage in our history 在我们的历史早期） 18. we were put into a position in which we had either to accept we were less important, or fight the government. 我们被置于这样一个境地：要么我们被迫接受低人一等的现实， 要么 跟政府作斗争。 19. Only then did we decide to answer violence with violence. 只有到这个时候，我们才决定 用暴力反抗暴力。 （Only 位于句首，修饰副词、介词短语或状语从句时，句子采用部分倒 装的语序；修饰状语从句时，只有主句采用部分倒装的语序。 如：① Only in this way can you come up with a solution to the problem.只有这样，你才能想出 解决这个问题的办法。 ② Only after being asked three times did he come to the meeting.叫了三次他才来参加会议。 ③ Only when he is seriously ill does he ever stay in bed.病的很重时，他才卧床休息。 Only then did I realize my mistake. 直到那时我才知道我的错误.） 20. as a matter of fact 事实上 （As a matter of fact，it is health that counts. 事实上，健康才 是最重要的。 As a matter of fact, parents don’t want their children to be in trouble. 事实 上， 父母都不希望子女有麻烦。 ） 21. In 1963, I helped him blow up some government buildings. 在 1963 年，我帮助他炸毁了一些政府大楼。 （Can you lend me a pump to blow up my bicycle tyres? 你能借给我个打气筒给车胎打打气吗? Then it turned out that some stars, like our own sun will blow up one day. 然后，事实上有些 恒星，就像我们自己的太阳，有朝一日会爆炸。 ） 22. ?I knew it would help us achieve our dream of making black and white people equal. ?? 我知道这是为了实现我们的黑人和白人平等的梦想。 23. in trouble 处于困境 遇到麻烦? ? Do as you're told, otherwise you'll be in trouble.叫你怎麽做就怎麽做, 否则有麻烦. 24. be willing to do sth. 愿意，乐于 Only very few people would be willing to share with him their opinions.很少有人愿意跟他分享他们的见解。 25. What was his attitude towards the unfair situation black people faced? 他对黑人面临的不公 平处境什么态度？ 26. turn to 变成；求助于，借助于, 翻到，转向?? She had no one to turn to for advice. 她没有一个可以商量的人。 Who can I turn to in my hour of need? 在我需要的时候我能向谁求助呢？ As they were out of work,??Mr and Mrs Black had to turn to their relatives for help.布莱克 夫妇由于失业，不得不向亲戚求帮助。 27. ? the quality of life for black people got worse. ?? 黑人的生活质量更糟糕。 28?.many people remember me as one of the first active black fighters for human rights 很多人认为我是为人权而战的第一批积极的黑人战士之一。 29. lose heart 灰心;泄气, 丧失勇气,失去信心 Difficulties were increasing. Even then we did not lose heart. 尽管困难在增加，但我们毫心。
You will succeed sooner or later while you don't lose heart.只要你不失去信心，你迟早会成功。 If you fail, you should not lose heart but just keep on going. 如果你失败了，你也不该灰心。 30. escape from 逃脱，逃离，从??逃出 He listens to music as an escape from the pressures of work. 他听音乐以缓解一下工作的压力. He stayed in the background to escape from the public attention. 他呆在幕后为了避开公众 的注意。 The couple had a narrow escape from the fire.这对夫妻从火灾中死里逃生。 31. He taught us during the lunch breaks and the evenings when we should have been asleep. 在午餐的休息时间和晚上我们本应该睡觉的时候他教授我们。 should have done 本应做而未做 needn’t have done 本不应做而做了 can’t have done 过去不可能做过 32. He said they should not be stopped from studying for their degrees.他说他们不应该被剥夺 通过学习获得学位的权利。 33. ?but they did pass their exams. 但是他们确实通过了考试。 34. That made me feel good about myself. 这让我觉得自己还不错。 35. be better educated 受到良好教育 36. I didn’t work again for twenty years until the ANC came to power in 1994. 在非国大于 1994 年执政之前，我有 20 年没有工作。 （After Mandela came to power and became president, his government did their best to change the unfair situation for black people. 曼德勒掌权成为总统后，他的政府尽力为黑人改变不平等的状况。 ） 37. All the terror and fear of that time came back to me. 我回忆起那时的所有的恐怖和令人畏惧的情景。 After the attack , her eyes filled with terror every time when she saw a dog. 自从遭遇袭击 之后，她每次看见狗，眼睛里都满是恐惧。 38. be proud to do sth. I'll be proud to be part of it 我会以成为其中一份子而自豪。 be proud of sth You should be proud of what you have achieved.你们应当为自己所取得的成绩而自豪。 39. set up 创立，建立，为?作准备；竖立，架起，建造；开业，开始经商 The company was set up ten years ago. 公司是十年前建立的。 He plans to set up his own business. 他决定自己做生意。 He begged me to let him join the club we have just set up. 他恳求我让他加入我们刚建立 的俱乐部。 40. be sentenced to ? 被判处?? He suggested that the murderer referred to be sentenced to death at once.他建议所涉及到的 杀人凶手立刻被判处死刑。 Robert was sentenced to three years in prison for stealing and released a month ago. 罗伯特因 偷窃被判处三年监禁，于一个月前被释放。 41. Do you have any thoughts on that? 你认为那怎么样？
42. to my understanding 按我的理解 43. He was in poor health in his youth so he had to be educated at home. 他年轻时身体不好， 所有只得在家接受教育。 44. be accepted by ? 被??录取、接受 45. give free medical care to people there 给那儿的人免费医疗 As far as I know, in some developed countries people enjoy free medical care.就我所知， 在一些 发达国家人们享有免费医疗。 46. He died from blood poisoning. 他死于败血症。 47. At that time the war between China and Japan was under way.那时中日战争正在进行之中。 48. Mao Zedong praised Bethune’s excellent qualities in this article. 毛泽东在这篇文章了 赞扬了白求恩的优良品质。 49. point of view 观察点；观点 It depends on your point of view.这将因个人观点而异。 50. compete with? 与??竞争?? If you want to compete with someone, compete with yourself. 如果你想同别人竞争， 先同自 己竞争。 51. advise. 常用搭配 advise + n./pron. advise + doing advise sb. to do sth. advise + that 从句（从句的谓语用“should + v 原” ， should 常省略） 注：1）与 advise 用法类似的动词如 forbid, ,allow,permit,admit,consider 等直接接动词作 宾语时要用动名词，但接宾补（主补）时，宾补（主补）要用不定式。 如：We forbid smoking here.（宾语，用动名词） We forbid you to smoke here.（宾补， 用动词不定式） You are forbidden to smoke here.（主补，用动词不定式） 2）区别：advise（劝说）/persuade（劝服） EX:1)我劝过他，但未能劝服他。_______________________________ 2) We trust you: only you can _____________ him to give up smoking. A. suggestB. Attract C. advise D. persuade Keys: 1)I advised him but I couldn’t persuade him.2) D 二、练习 一)单词拼写 1. Q_______ is more important than quantity. 2. After 4 years’ university study, he ______ his study for a bachelor’s degree. 3. She is not only beautiful, but also well e________. 4. She did a very good job and got a r_______ from the company. 5. I hated being treated with v________. 6. The c_______ of life put an end to his life. 7. In our country people of or over 18 have the right to v________. 8. The event has put him into an embarrassing p___________.
9. Boys are usually not a_________ in English class. 10. He broke the law and was put in p________. 二)短语翻译(每空一词)。 1．刚开学的那天，我们的老师就给我们提了一些学习英语的建议。 On the very first day of school, our teacher __________ us ___________ English learning. 2． 大多数下岗的人员都是文化不高的人。 Most of the people who ___ ____________ usually have little education. 3． 别灰心， 你会成功的。 Don’t __________. You will succeed. 4. 相信自己，别相信他的鬼话。 ___________ yourself. Don’t ___________ him. 5. 大学尚未毕业，他就创办了自己的公司。 He ___________ his own company before graduating from college. 6. 他从不为考试担心。 He ______never ______ ______ _______ examination. 7. 只有通过努力拼搏， 才能实现自己的梦想。 Only by working hard _____ you _________ your dream. 8. 我们决不能嘲笑那些陷入困境的人，相反，我们应该帮助他们。 We should never laugh at those ______ ________. On the contrary, we should try our best to help them. 9. 他上台后就推出了一系列的改革方案。 After ______ ______ _________, he carried out a series of reform. 10. 他乐于助人。 He ______ ______ _____ ______ others. 三）单项选择 1. _____ out for the game. Some girls stay in the classroom, talking. A. Not all the students go B. All the students not go C. Both the students don’t go D. All the students go 2. You can’t pass the coming examination if you ______. A. lose your heart B. lose heart C. lose hearts D. lose your hearts 3. You can’t _____ until tomorrow morning after the blood examination. A. not only eat but also drink B. either eat or drink C. neither eat nor drink D. both eat and drink 4. If my brother is allowed to go out, ______. A. so I should B. so am I C. so should I D. so I am 5. He ______ prison two years ago and now he _______. A. was put in; was set free B. was shut into, is set free C. put into, has been set freely D. was put into; has been set free 6. Only at that time ______ that he had made a lot of mistakes in his homework. A. he realized B. did he realize C. he did realized D. realized he 7. This is the plane _______ he went to Shanghai ______ business. A. where, for a B. by which, on th C. on which, on D. where, on 8. —I can ’t see the words on the blackboard clearly. —Why, your eyes need _____ .Perhaps you need _______ glasses.
A. to examined, to wear B. to examine ,to wear C. to be examined, to wear D. examining, wearing 9 .Instead, he seemed to see Tom ’s face, with the wide smile he ______ whenever he told a joke. A. wore B. brough C. appeared D. carried 10. This is ______ that dog. A. as a big dog as B. as big a dog as C. a as big dog as D. a big as dog as 11. A new school was ______ in the village last year. A. held up B. set up C. sent up D. brought up 12. The number of the students in our school _____ large. A. are B. is C. am D. be 13. The road to the mountains _____ by the snow for almost a month. A. has been cut off B. have been cut off C. has been cut down D. have been cut down 14. According to the time table , the train for Beijing______ at seven o’clock in the evening . A. leaves B. has left C. was left D. will leave 15. We were all waiting for you. You _____for the seaside by yourself without leaving a message. A. mustn’t leave B. shouldn’t have left C. could not have left D. needn’t leave
必修 I---unit 5 练习参考答案
（一） 1. Quality 2. continued 3. Educated 4. Reward 5. Violence 6. cruelty 7. vote 8. Position 9. Active 10. prison （二） 1. advised; on 2. are out of work 3. lose heart 4. Believe in; believe 5. set up 6. has; been worried about 7. can; realize 8. in trouble 9. coming to power 10. is willing to help （三） ABBBD BCCAB BBAAB
copyright ©right 2010-2020。