要求考生读懂熟悉的有关日常生活话题的简 短文字材料，例如公告、说明、广告以及书、报、 杂志中关于一般性话题的简短文章。考生应能： １、理解主旨要义；
２、理解文中具体信息； 个性 ３、根据上下文推断生词的词义； ４、作出简单判断和理解； ５、理解文章的基本结构； ６、理解作者的意图和态度。
题目设计数量 事实细节题 主旨大意题 试 题 设 词义猜测题 计 分 推理判断题 类 识图计算题 2002 3 3 4 2003 5 3 4 2004 11 3 4 2005 4 3 1 4 2006
●信号词：be, be called, means, be defined as A mosquito is a small flying pest that thrust the skin and then drink blood. Desert can be defined as a large area of land where there is not enough rain and vegetation to support human life.
Ex. 1 木匠
◎A person who is skilled at making or repairing wooden objects is called a carpenter. ◎His uncle is a zoologist, an expert who does research on animals. ◎The herdsman, who looks after sheep, earns about 650 yuan a year. ◎We are on the night shift --- from midnight to 8 a.m. --- this week.
信号词: but, however, yet, otherwise, while, though, on the one hand…on the other hand, for one thing…for another thing, instead of 等
Though Tom’s face has been washed quite clean, his neck still remains grubby. John usually wastes a lot of money on such useless things, his wife, however, is very thrifty.
◎In the past the world seemed to run in an orderly way. Now, however, everything seems to be in a state of turmoil. ◎If you agree, write “ yes”; if you dissent, write “no”. ◎Some human actions are learned, but quite a few other actions are innate. ◎Although a large number of people considered him to have stolen the money, I was sure that he was innocent of the theft.
信号词: because, since, as, for, due to, so, therefore, so…that, such…that, thus Rubber can be made to stretch more than nine times its normal length because it is very elastic. The river is so turbid that it is impossible to see the bottom even when it is shallow.
◎Since I could not afford to purchase the original painting, I bought a replica. An inexperienced eye could not tell the difference.
◎He’s such a shrewd businessman that he loses no money in any trade. ◎She wanted the hairdresser to trim her hair a bit because it was too long. 复制品 精明的 修剪
信号词: such, such as, like, for example/ instance, especially, include, consist of Cars must have certain safety devices such as seat belt, headlights, and good brakes.
On the farm they mainly raise poultry, such as chickens, ducks and geese, for their eggs and meat.
灌溉 有牙齿的 灌溉 信号词: or, that is ( to say ), in other words, to put it another way, i.e. 5、重述
In some countries where there is very little rain, the farmers have to irrigate, or water, their fields.
All whales fall into two groups, those with teeth and those without, Dolphins belong to odontoceti, that is to say, they are toothed whales.
6、同义词、近义词 信号词: or, like , as…as, the same as The new tax law supersedes, or replaces, the law that was in effect last year. Mother was tall, fat and middle-aged. My aunt was an old woman, almost as plump as mother, and much shorter.
7、生活经验, 生活常识, 逻辑推理
When a doctor performs an operation on a patient, he usually gives an anaesthetic to make him unconscious, because he does not want his patient to feel pain or to know what is happening to him. When you throw a stone into still water of a lake, you will watch a ripple spread in rings on the surface of water. Metal expands when heated and contracts when cooled. 麻药 波纹 膨胀 冷缩
◎One of symptoms caused by the peculiar illness is a high fever. ◎Because this chemical liquid is highly volatile, we must keep it in a bottle which has a tight lid.
◎In the strong wind, the beggar shivered with the terrible cold. 症状 易挥发的 颤抖
1. Albert’s success after much effort and practice proves the value of persistence. A. time B. competition C. perseverance
2. All his attempts to unlock the door was futile, because he was using the wrong key. A. 成功的 B. 徒劳的 C.有效的 D. 匆促的
3. Though Mr. Smith has been manager for just 3 months, he has already made much greater achievements than his predecessors.
A. 上级 祝 B. 前任 C. 同事 D. 下级 你 成 功 !
4. She didn’t hear what you said because she was completely engrossed in her reading. A. 心不在焉的 B.紧张的 C. 全神贯注的 D.睡意浓的 5. Twelve-year-old Sally was an active girl. But her sister was quite sedate. A. pretty B. calm C. protective D. energetic
6. He is a resolute man. Once he makes up his mind to do something, he won’t give it up halfway.
A. strong 祝 B. firm C. kind D. clever 你 成 功 !
7. The official asked the man what his occupation was The man told him that he worked as an engineer. A. work B. study C. name D. interest 8. Those new comers were not used to the life in the suburbs which was so different from that inside the city. A. town B. capital C. country D. house 9. You can take any of the periodicals: The World of English, Foreign Language Teaching in School, or English Learning.
A. dictionaries B. story-books C. magazines D. newspapers
10. The flowers in the vase withered because they had no water. A. became sweeter B. became red C. became dry 11. Just for fun, they decided to try a very circuitous country road instead of the more direct highway. A. direct B. indirect C. straight
12. That museum is so immense that it will be impossible to see all the exhibits in one day.
A. small 祝 B. large C. dull 你 成 功 !
? celebrity (A.名人 B.作家 C.主持人) Two years ago that singer had no money and no fame. Now she is a famous celebrity. ? enterprising (A.令人惊讶的 B.神秘的 C.有进取心的) Frank is a very enterprising person. He always thinks of new ideas to make his business run better. ? in the public eye 经常在公开场合露面, That actress has been in the public eye almost all her life. She first appeared on a TV show when she was 8 years old. ? promote ( A.提升 B.推销 C.遥控) If you want the boss to choose you for the job, promote yourself as the best person. ? ultimately ( A.按时地 B.最终 C.幸福地) Bob just started dating(约会) Susan. He hopes this relationship will ultimately lead to marriage.
What does “in
the public eye” mean?
A. 公众熟悉的,出名的 B. 在群众的眼里 C. 公开的 D. 令人眼热的
Tips: in public在公众场合 the public大众 eye眼睛
Mr Zhang often appears in public. But he is not famous—he is not in the public eye.
例题： Tom can’t find his sneakers. A. money B. bowls C. shoes Tom can’t find his white sneakers． Tom can’t play tennis now because he can’t find his white sneakers.
l）Jane is usually prompt. A．late B．on time C．pleased
Jane is usually prompt for her classes． Jane is usually prompt for all her classes， but she arrived in the middle of her first class.
adj.敏捷的, 迅速的, 即时的adv.准时地
2）Tom saw an owl last night．
A．a bird B．an animal C．the sun Tom saw an owl in a tree last night． Tom saw an owl last night but it flew away when he got near．
3）The boy wants a pony． A．dog B．cat C．horse
The boy wants a brown pony． The boy wants to ride a brown pony.
4）The children are looking at an ape. A．a kind of monkey B．a kind of snake C．a kind of bird
The children are looking at an ape at the zoo ． The children are looking at a large, hairy(毛 的) ape at the zoo．
5）The trout is very cheap． A．fish B．fruit C．apple The fresh trout is very cheap． The fresh trout is very cheap, but I don’t know how to cook it．
6) The lady asked the waitress to get her a saucer． A．a glass B．a cake C．a small plate
The lady asked the waitress to get her a clean saucer． The lady asked the waitress to get her a clean saucer to put her coffee cup on．
7)We seldom see a sparrow now. A．a kind of dog B．a kind of plane C．a kind of bird
We seldom see a sparrow in the sky. We seldom see a sparrow in the sky because the air is not so clean now as used to be．
copyright ©right 2010-2020。