莆田一中 2011~2012 学年度上学期第一学段考试试卷
高二 命题人：薛慧贞 第一卷 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 请听下面 5 段对话，选出最佳选项。 1. What are the two speakers talking about? A. Hobbies. A. At home. B.
Music. C. Play. C. At his office. 2. Where is Mr Jones now? B. At the health center. 3. What do the two speakers think of Tom? A. He gets nervous very easily. B. He is not an experienced speaker. C. He hasn?t prepared his speech well. 4. Why was the woman so late? A. Something went wrong with the bus. B. She took somebody to hospital. C. She didn?t catch the bus. 5. What does the man mean? A. He enjoys most types of games. B. Basketball is his favorite sport. C. He only plays basketball. 第二节（共 15 小题; 每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 请听下面 5 段对话或独白，选出最佳选项。 请听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. What is the man doing? A. He is being interviewed. B. He is making a flash. C. He is playing computer games. 7. What do you think will happen after the conversation? A. The woman will call Mr Taylor. B. The woman won?t make the website. C. The woman won?t get in touch with Mr Taylor. 请听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8. What is the woman going to do?
A. Prepare lunch. A. A tie.
B. Have a party. B. Some flowers.
C. Go to a friend?s house for dinner. C. Some candy.
9. What does the woman still need? 10. What should one do when he goes to a friend?s house for the first time according to the wo man?s mother? A. Take something. B. Get dressed up. C. Have dinner. 请听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。 11. How many times did the man call Mr Tuang last week? A. Twice. B. Once. C. Three times. B. To call him back.
12. What does the man want Mr Tuang to do? A. To have dinner with him. A. 37460. B. 37640. C. To visit him. 13. What?s the man?s telephone number?
C. 364 70.
请听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 17 题。 14. What does the woman want to do? A. Rent a flat. A. 2. A. 400 yuan. B. Sell her house. B. 4. B. 600 yuan. C. Buy a house. C. 6. C. 1,000 yuan. 15. How many people are there in the woman?s family? 16. How much should the woman pay for the three-room flat every month? 17. What can we learn from the conversation? A. You can take the lift at 12:00 pm in the building. B. You can?t take the lift at 6:00 am in the building. C. The three-room flat is on the 8th floor. 请听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. What was wrong with Mrs Jenkins? A. Something was wrong with her heart. B. Something was wrong with her back. C. Something was wrong with her foot. 19. What did the doctor do at first? A. He listened to Mrs Jenkins? voice. B. He listened to Mrs Jenkins? heart. C. He asked Mrs Jenkins to stop smoking. 20. What did Mrs Jenkins like to drink? A. Tea. B. Coffee. C. Water.
英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） B. in memory of C. in honour of D. in search of
21. My sister was against my suggestion while my brother was _______ it. A. in favou r of 22. Ever since my childhood, my father has been trying to _______ on me the value of confidence for one?s success. A. express A. frightening; cried C. frightened; crying — Thank you. _______. A. If you like C. It couldn?t be better A. result from dance group? A. take in A. To face B. take up B. Having faced C. take off C. Faced D. take down D. Facing 27. ______ with a difficult situation, Amold decided to ask his boss for advice. 28. Only after his friend came _______. A. did the computer repaired C. was the computer repaired parts of the city. A. look Mingjuan. A. recalling A. Lack of B. remembering B. Lacking of C. reminding C. Lacking D. referring D. Having been lacked 31. _______ confidence and patience, they failed to settle the difficult problem. 32. In the north of our town _______, which dates back to the Ming Dynasty. A. an old temple stands C. does an old temple stand B. stands an old temple D. an old temple does stand B. appearance C. sign D. sight 30. Talking of Project Hope is always _______ us of the bigeyed girl called Su B. was repaired the computer D. the computer was repaired B. Of course you can D. It?s up to you. C. attend to D. contribute to B. impress C. affect B. frightening; crying D. frightened; to cry D. strike 23. The ______ girl sat in the corner _______.
24. — Shall I give you a ride as you live so far away?
25. Eating too much fat can ______ heart disease and cause high blood pressure. B. devote to 26. Would you gather enough courage and energy to ______ the leadership of the
29. The practice of hanging clothes across the street is a common ______ in many
33. _______ excited her parents most was that he was admitted to his dream college.
34. Mr Black is an experienced engineer, and he will be employed to ______ us in improving our equipment. A. assist B. consider C. provide B. Not completed D. Having not completed D. offer 35. _______ the programme, these workers have to stay there for another two weeks. A. Not completing C. Not having completed
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题 ；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） Every morning my friend would stop on the way to work to have a quick breakfast with her 8year- son. Then she __36__him off at school. They ate the old same thing every morning: an egg sandwich, juice, coffee for her, and milk for him. One day she ordered a(n) __37__breakfast.Once they finished eating and were heading out of the door, she __38__, said good morning to a homeless man sitting outside of the __39__, and gave him the breakfast she had ordered for him. He __40__her, telling her it was his first meal during the last several __41__. She couldn?t help but feel __42__and was glad she finally took __43__. She told her son that she had seen the man every day that week there and that __44__, herself included, had offered him __45__, support, food, or drink. She __46__explained that homelessness could happen to anyone and that it was important to __47__needy people. So her “Tradition of Kindness” __48__. Each day she and her son went on to __49__the homeless man breakfast. The __50__was kept until they moved away several years later, __51__the experience was firmly put into her son?s mind. My friend __52__every time she tells me that this “Tradition of Kindness” goes on with her son, who remembers this __53__tradition. Now working in a company, her son stops every morning at Starbucks for a coffee and offers a homeless person a breakfast before going to the __54__. What a great tradition that he can __55__to his children as well! 36. A. sent 37. A. light 38. A. stopped 39. A. shop 40. A. recognized 41. A. days 42. A. cold B. called B. extra B. escaped B. market B. refused B. minutes B. good C. dropped C. ordinary C. backed C. h otel C. thanked C. months C. strange D. drove D. expensive D. hid D. restaurant D. found D. weeks D. nervous
43. A. action 44. A. everyone 45. A. education 46. A. again 47. A. contact 48. A. began 49. A. win 50. A. promise 51. A. although 52. A. cries 53. A. school 54. A. office 55. A. connect
B. time B. someone B. information B. further B. encourage B. existed B. buy B. agreement B. so B. jumps B. childhood B. cinema B. relate
C. care C. no one C. comfort C. once C. follow C. failed C. show C. order C. but C. jokes C. youth C. store C. pass
D. effect D. anyone D. safety D. first D. help D. changed D. award D. practice D. because D. smiles D. adulthood D. library D. move
第三部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） A Paula and Rory Ward have five kids, three dogs, and a rabbit. When the house is very noisy, Megan, one of the children, is quietly inventing. A year ago, the 10yearolds had to design an antismoking poster for a school project. Rather than a poster, she came up with the idea of creating something that shows the average amount of tar(尼古丁) a smoker collects from just four packs of cigarettes. “I like people to play with things more than read and write, ” she says. So she researched her idea on the Internet, found a company in China that could make it, saved up her pocket money and got her idea made. Paula says her daughter “thinks differently”: Ideas jump into her mind. After she got sunburnt on holiday, Megan invented a small plastic bracelet(手镯) that changes color in the sun, telling you when to put on sunscreen(防晒霜). Several sunscreen companies have expressed an interest in the idea. She also came up with an idea to make a ball filled with water to stop the dog from feeling thirsty. “But we didn?t do anything with it,” says Paula. Then she pulls out a picture of a special fishing rod(钓鱼竿) she has designed. “ There is a camera on the hook(钩), ” she explains, “and the screen is on the handle， and it shows you if you?ve caught a fish or not. ” Megan doesn?t want to go to university. She keeps her pink?and?cream bedroom tidy. Paula is amazed and a bit confused by her daughter. “Everything has to be in a certain order,” Paula says. “Her brothers and sisters go with the flow, but with Megan,
it?s ?What time will that be happening?? or ?Where am I being picked up from today?? ” 56. From Paragraph 2, we can infer that Megan ________. A. is not willing to go to school B. likes to play with her brothers sand sisters C. prefers making something by herself D. is good at reading and writing 57. What did Megan invent after she got sunburnt on vacation? A. The antismoking poster. B. The ball providing water for thirsty dogs. C. The fishing rod telling whether you?ve caught a fish. D. The bracelet telling when to put on sunscreen. 58. The underlined phrase “go with the flow” probably means “_______”. A. set an example to others C. follow the fashion closely B. do what most people usually do D. do something differently from others
59. According to the passage, which of the following about Megan is TRUE? A. She would like to keep everything in order. B. She is quite the same as her other four brothers and sisters. C. Her mother Paula doesn?t want her to go to university. D. Her parents always help her invent something special. B Babies who use many gestures(手势) to communicate when they are 14 months old have much larger vocabularies when they start school than those who don?t, US researchers said. They said babies with wealthier, bettereducated parents will probably sign more. This may help explain why some children from lowincome families perform less well in school. “When children enter school, there is a large difference in their vocabularies,” said the University of Chicago?s Meredith Row e, whose study appears in the journal Science. Gestures could help explain the difference, Rowe told the American Association for the Advancement of Science yearly meeting in Chicago. Vocabulary is an important predictor of school success. Earlier research showed that rich, educated parents tend to talk to their children more than poorer, lesseducated ones.
“What we are doing here is asking: Does this socialeconomic situation relate to gestures？Can that explain some of the difference we see at school entry(进入)? ” Rowe said. The researchers filmed 50 Chicagoarea children and parents from different economic backgrounds and counted the number of gestures, such as pointing at a picture. The team found that 14montholds from highincome, welleducated families used gestures to express about 24 different meanings during 90 minutes. Children from lowerincome families expressed 13 meanings. When the same children entered school at age four and a half, those from higherincome families had better vocabulary scores on standardized tests. “At 14 months, an age when there aren?t even social?economic differences in their talk yet, we see there are differences in their gestures,” Rowe said. The videos found that parents from wealthier families gestured more with their children than the other parents. Rowe said the findings suggest that gestures can at least partly explain vocabulary differences between the groups, and may prove useful as the basis for interventions(干预). “Can we control how much parents and children gesture，and if so, will it increase their vocabulary? ” Rowe asked. 60. When is the best time for the parents to communicate with their children using gestures? A. When their children start school. B. When their children are fourteen months old. C. When their children are four years old. D. When they become rich and welleducated. 61. The underlined word “difference” in Paragraph 4 refers to the difference in children?s ________. A. performance B. income C. education D. vocabularies 62. In the research, the researchers want to find ________. A. whether the socialeconomic situation relates to gestures B. how many meanings children can express using gestures C. what kind of children perform the best at school D. who can help the children from lowincome families 63. What is the main idea of the passage? A. Parents should be the first teachers of their children.
B. Babies from different families speak differently. C. Parents must teach themselves at first. D. Babies who gesture develop bigger vocabularies. C As a kid, I was always chubby (圆胖的). In college I starte d blowing up. It got out of control when I went to law school. I?d made a decision a thousand times: I?m going to lose weight now. But what motivated me to get serious about it was turning 30. I weighed 414 pounds. I was always tired. Some of my family members have suffered from heart disease, and I was scared. I also wanted to look better. So after my birthday, I walked into the office of a weight- doctor. loss She was very understanding. Her focus was on balanced meals and she wanted me to exercise. Walking was all I could do at first. I started by walking a few blocks and gradually increased the distance, until one weekend, I found myself saying, “Wow, this seems pretty easy.” So I started to run. I was losing nine or ten pounds a month, and I had more energy. I started to think about the New York City Marathon. For years, I watched the runners and thought, “This looks like fun, but I could never do that.” But now I realized that maybe I could. I joined the New York Road Runners. I ran a 10 K, then a half?marathon. I still wasn?t confident I could run a full 26 miles. But I told myself I was going to do it, no matter what. By my 33 rd birthday, I was down to 180 pounds. I started formally training for the marathon. And on the morning of November 1, I stood on the Verrazano Bridge in Staten Island with more than 40,000 other runners, waiting for the event to start. It was unbelievable to have the audience cheering me on, handing me cups of water. And I crossed the finish line. My friends sprayed(喷射) me with beer, as if I?d won the Super Bowl. And at that moment, I knew: If I set my mind to something, nothing is impossible. 64. The underlined phrase “blowing up” in Paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to _______. A. going weaker C. becoming healthier A. controlled his weight at college B. becoming fatter D. growing higher
65. It can be learned from the passage that t he author ________.
B. was satisfied with his figure as a kid C. may have a family history of heart disease D. began to consider losing weight at 30 66. What do we know from the passage? A. The marathon the author ran started on the Verrazano Bridge. B. The author formally trained for the marathon for three years. C. The author started by running when losing weight. D. The author has won the Super Bowl. 67. Which of the following proverbs can best summarize the passage? A. Practice makes perfect. B. Pride comes before a fall. C. A good beginning is half done. D. Where there is a will, there is a way. D Excused from recycling(回收利用) because you live in a high rise with a rubbish chute(垃圾道)？You won?t be for long. Miami?s Mark Shantzis has made it simple for those living in tall buildings! To use the chute and recycle too. In Shantzis? Hi-Rise Recycling System, a chute leads to a pie-shaped container with six boxes that can turn around when operated. The system, which fits in the same space as the chute and container now in use, enables glass, plastic, paper, metal, and other rubbish to go into separate boxes. The system is controlled from a board fixed next to the chute door. The board has a button for each class of recycling materials (as well as for unrecyclable). At the press of a button, a microcomputer locks all other floors? chute doors and sets the recycling container turning until the right box comes under the chute. The computer also counts the loads and gives a signal by phone when the box is full. And a particular piece of equipment breaks up the nonrecyclable. Sorting(分类) recyclables before they are collected saves the use of expensive materials recovery equipment which otherwise has to do the sorting. Such equipment often makes recycled materials very expensive, so expensive that tons of recyclables remain wasted. Shantzis believes his system could help recycled materials become more cost-effective. 68. When he says “You won?t be for long”, the writer means that _______. A. you?ll soon be living in a cleaner building B. rubbish chutes will become out of date before long
C. you won?t wait long for your turn to recycle rubbish D. it won?t be long before you?ll have to recycle your rubbish 69. Before dropping rubbish into the chute you have to _______. A. lock the other floor?s chute doors C. press the correct button A. it reduces the cost of recycling B. it saves time and space C. it saves money for people living in high rises D. it makes better use of the existing recycling equipment 71. The purpose in writing this text is _______. A. to encourage people to recycle their rubbish B. to introduce a recycling system for high rises C. to describe the use of computer technology in recycling D. to explain the need for rubbish collection in high rises E Short readersubmitted stories—for the woman you should think of today! —Compiled by Amy Zerello Great Minds Reminded of Mom After a long, exhausting day, a friend of mine, Allen, headed home. On the road, he passed an elderly woman who was standing by a car with a flat tire. If that were his mother, he thought, he would want someone to help her. With a tired sigh, he turned around and drove back. Just as he reached the stranded woman, a truck pulled up and a burly farmer got out. “Kind of reminds you of your mom, too?” the man asked as the two pitched in (动手做) together to change the tire for the woman. — Contributed by Katherine L. Houge Your Biggest Fan While waiting in a bookstore for a guest author to sign her latest book, I leafed through some of the Civil War novels she had written. The woman in line behind me commented, “Those are the best books I?ve ever read. I couldn?t put them down. ” Before I could reply, the author, frowning, looked over and said, “Oh, come on, Mom!” — Contributed by Marilyn Kopp B. check if the container is full D. break up the rubbish
70. The biggest advantage of this new system is that _______.
Head of the Household My husband, Jeff, and I came across several problems while assembling(装配) our new computer system, so we called the help desk. The man on the phone started to talk to Jeff in computer jargon(行业术语), which confused us even more. “Sir,” my husband politely said, “please explain what I should do as if I were a four?year?old.”
“Okay,” the computer technician replied. “Sweetie, could you please put your mommy on the phone？” — Contributed by Lena Worth How does it feel to tickle your mom?s funny bone? Now send your own funny story to us！You could earn up to $ 300! 72. Who would the burly man be in the first story? A. Allen?s friend. C. Another kind helper. B. The old lady?s son. D. A policeman.
73. What was the guest author?s mom trying to do in the second story? A. Push hard to get her daughter?s signature. B. Promote her daughter?s books by pretending to be a fan. C. Show her pride in her daughter?s achievement. D. Persuade Marilyn Kopp to buy her daughter?s book. 74. The computer technician on the phone in the third story _______. A. actually could find no way to solve Jeff?s problems B. teased Jeff about his poor knowledge of computer jargon C. wanted to talk to Lena instead D. believed that Jeff?s mom would know more computer jargon 75. What is the main purpose of the jokes? A. To make fun of moms. C. To educate moms. B. To honor moms. D. To amuse moms.
第二卷（答题卷，此卷上交） 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文填词（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下面短文，根据下列提示：1）汉语提示，2）首字母提示，3）语境提 示， 在每个空格内填入一个适当的英语单词，并将该词完整地写在右边相对应的 横线上。所填单词要求意义准确，拼写正确。 Every day, you have the o___ to go on a "cross-country" trip once in a lifetime. How do you wish to ____ the time? Do you want to do it by ____ every minute and stopping to savor every unique opportunity, or by simply focusing ____ your goals and trying to ____(达到) them? You can reach any destination or any goal you set for yourself, but how you do so will ____(决定) how enjoyable today will be. The runner ____ only looks down at the road will reach the destination, ____ won't have the same experience as the runner who looks at the road and n___ the sights, sounds and smells around him or her. So make an ____(努力) to notice one 76.___________ 77.___________ 78.___________ 79.___________ 80.___________ 81.___________ 82.___________ 83.___________ 84.___________ 85.___________
person's face, one part of nature, or one event on your journey to tomorrow. 第二节 书面表达(满分 25 分)
假设某学校校园内浪费现象严重，为创建节约型校园, 请你根据表中信息写 一篇演讲稿，号召同学们从我做起，改变不良习惯，杜绝浪费。 浪费现象 造成危害 措 施 1、水、电 1、浪费资源 2、餐厅的食物
2、形成坏习惯，不利于品德养成 3、浪费金钱，增加父母经济负担 （内容由考生自己添加）
注意：1、词数：120 左右 (开头和结尾已给出，但不计入总词数) ； 2、可根据内容要点适当加入细节，以使行文连贯； 3、参考词汇： 经济负担 ---- financial burden
Dear classmates, May I have your attention, please? Now I?d like to make a speech here. _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ That?s all. Thank you!
莆田一中 2011-2012 学年上学期第一学段考试（高二英语参考答案）
1-20 21-35 ACBAA ACCBA ABCCD BCCDC ABACC ABAAB CBBAC BDABD ADDCA 83. but CDBAC BCBBD 79. on 80. achieve 85. effort 84. notices CCABC
56-75 CDBAB DADBC 76. opportunity 81. determine 77. spend 82.who
copyright ©right 2010-2020。