五中 2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 一年级英语
温馨提示：本试卷共分四部分，总分 150 分，考试时间 120 分钟。请将客观题 的答案用 2B 铅笔涂在机读卡上，把完成句子题答案和作文答在主观题答题卡上. 第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、
B、C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来 回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. How did the man travel? A. By car. A. Send some emails. A. She forgives the man. B. She is still angry with the man. C. She has forgotten what the man said. 4.What should Betty do according to the man? A. Eat seafood. A. Mark. B. Have a good rest. B. Sally. C. Exercise more. C. Sally’s brother 5.Who won the tennis match yesterday?
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、 C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将 有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；各个小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对 话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。
B. By train. B. Have breakfast.
C. By air. C. Buy a train ticket.
2. What does the man want to do before leaving? 3.What does the woman mean?
6.What is the relationship between the speakers? A. Husband and wife. A. Robert. B. Neighbors. B. Albert. C. Colleagues. C. Lawrence. 7.What name does the woman want to give the baby?
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。
2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 1 / 12
8.When does the conversation take place? A. In the morning. A. 2658A. A.His back hurts. B. In the afternoon. B. 88564802. B.He has a fever. C. In the evening. C. 5559008. C. He has a stomachache. 9.What’s the man’s health insurance number? 10.What’s the man’s problem?
听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 14 题。
11.What does the man say about the hotel? A. The food was great. B. He was surprised about the fridge. C. The beds were not very comfortable. 12.When is the pool open? A. At six o’clock in the morning. B. At five o’clock in the afternoon. C. At eight o’clock in the evening. 13.How much should the man pay? A. $ 116. A. By credit card. B. $ 130. B. By traveler’s check. C. $ 160. C. In cash. 14.How will the man pay for the bill?
听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。
15.What are the speakers doing? A. Visiting a college. A. In Germany. A. Visit a museum. B. Have dinner with him. C. See an exhibition.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。
B. Attending a party. B. In America.
C. Attending a club. C. In Britain.
16.Where was the woman born? 17.What does the man invite the woman to do next Monday?
18.Who is the speaker? A. An air hostess. B. An airline clerk. C. A tour guide. 19.What should Mr. Jones do when he checks in? A. Show his ticket and passport and weigh his luggage.
2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 2 / 12
B. Open his luggage and have it checked. C. Check in his hand luggage first. 20.What is the speaker talking about at last? A. The departure tax. B. The arrival time. C. The seat number.
第二部分：词汇知识运用（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 单项选择(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21. Since 1900s, the country has __________ too many wars . A looked through C looked over B gone through D gone over
22. When listening to the teacher in class , you should ________ all the notes in your notebooks . A set up similar to his . A glad B crazy C interested D worried 24. ----I’m sorry I stepped on your foot. It was an accident . ----It wasn’t ! You did it _________. A on purpose B by chance C by mistake D in turn 25. Would you like to ________ in your child’s education ? Simply showing that you care is a good start . A play an active part C make an active part B play active part D make active part B lay down C set down D put aside 23. Mary is so __________ about that famous singer that her hairstyle is
26.Ren Yueli is _________ as one of the best examples to those who have big dream . A recognized A sound American English . A judge B tell C divide D separate 29. I’ve tried to _________ him to change his mind but in vain .
2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 3 / 12
D commanded D noise
27.From her ____________ ,she must come from the West of America . 28. It is difficult to _________ the difference between British English and
30. Only then did he realize how important it is for a company to keep ___________ with changes in the market . A importance B progress C touch D pace
第二节 ：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以 填入空白处的最佳选项。
There was a boy who dreamt of becoming the world’s best violinist. To achieve his life goal, he traveled to a faraway land where the famous and best violinist 31 . 32 and turned to The apartment（公寓） he was led to was in an old, lonely place. There was no evidence of life at all. The young man was leave. 33 he heard someone coughing in the room. 34 . He refused to teach the 35 36 38 .The boy played his violin in the the old man could not bear（忍 37 the boy. student’s musical skills rapidly 39 an important The famous violinist was very old and young boy, but the boy refused to yard, and he did this for three nights Under his instruction（指导）, the improved. Years passed by. Now the old man asked the boy to man was among hundreds of 40 competition. It was the biggest violin competition in the world. The young from all over the world. The 41 42 43 . . 45 lasted（持续） for days. On the day he played everyone was deeply First, the boy was so young, but no violin player could have played Second, the boy was focused on one 44
受） it any more. He came out on the fourth night and began to
and never looked elsewhere till
he finished. Third, tears came down his focused (专注的)eyes but his was not drawn away（离开） from the music. He was 46 the winner! 47 49 Only the boy knew the person （亲自） that day to he wasn’t 50 31. A. performed B. lived
for his success in the competition.__48_ him. The old man stood in the dark where C. toured
4 / 12
learning from the best violinist the world ever knew, his teacher had come in to anyone around. The old violinist died few days later. D. lay
32. A. bored 33. A. Still 34. A. weak 35. A. leave 36. A. so 37. A. punish 38. A. slow
B. disappointed C. excited B. Also B. polite B. talk B. unless B. persuade C. Thus C. kind C. learn C. if C. beg D. quiet
D. satisfied D. Then D. strict D. play D. untill D. teach
B. giftd（有天赋的） B. look forward to D. come up with C. competitors D. fans C. concert C. hurt C. harder C. direction C. interest C. shown C. way C. Through C. support D. lecture D. concerned D. louder D. question D. attention D. predicted D. reason D. By D. visit B. students B. competition B. move B. quicker B. model B. eye B. considered B. wish B. Besides B. comfort
C. modest（谦虚的） 39. A. take part in C. stay away from 40. A. judges 41. A. program 42. A. annoyed 43. A. better 44. A. book 45. A. hand 46. A. announced 47. A. prize 48. A. Without 49. A. find
50. A. dangerous （危险的）
C. noticeable（值得注意的，可看见的） D. particular（特别的）
第三部分：阅读理解（共 20 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下面五篇短文，从每题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项。
A One day a man found a cocoon (茧) of a butterfly in the forest. He sat there for several hours and watched the butterfly. Suddenly a small opening appeared, and the butterfly made its great effort to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could and it could go no further. So the man decided to help the butterfly. He cut off the remaining bit of the cocoon so that the butterfly could come out easily. But to his surprise, the
2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 5 / 12
butterfly got a heavy body and very small wings when it came out of the cocoon. The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that the body would grow smaller at any moment and the wings would become larger and be able to fly. But neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling (爬) around with a heavy body and small wings. It was never able to fly. The man was in his kindness, but he did not understand the nature rules. Before the butterfly came out of the cocoon, fluid (流体) from its body must be forced into its wings, and then it would be ready for flying. It must have a hard struggle (拼搏) to get through the small opening to get its freedom from the cocoon. Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If God allowed us to go through our life without any difficulties, it would make us fail. We would not be as strong as we could have been; we could never fly. 51. What was the butterfly doing at the beginning of the story? A. It was trying to make a cocoon for itself. B. It was struggling to get out of its cocoon. C. It was flying among the trees in the forest. D. It was crawling around quietly on the ground. 52. The man cut off the remaining bit of the cocoon A. to take the butterfly home B. to help the butterfly come out easily C. to kill the butterfly D. to stop the butterfly growing bigger 53. What do you think of the man? A. Patient but cruel. C. Kind but unwise. B. Careful and wise. D. Brave and funny. .
54. What does the last paragraph (段落) tell us? A. Struggles are sometimes necessary in our life. B. Nothing is difficult if we put our heart into it. C. Every good deed will come back with good result. D. The greatest happiness in the world is to help others.
2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 6 / 12
55. What is the best title for the story? A. The Love for the Cocoon C. The Lesson of the Cocoon B. The Joy of helping Each Other D. The Expectation for the Butterfly B You’ve probably heard of working dogs that help police officers, or horses that help farmers. Did you know that carrier pigeons(信鸽) can be trained to help people too? Here are some examples. Mailman Carrier pigeons can be trained to carry messages to people. The note is placed into a small can. The can is tied to the pigeon’s leg. Then the pigeon flies off with the note. Lifeguard From high up in the sky, specially trained pigeons can spot orange life jackets in the ocean. Sometimes it is difficult for humans to spot people lost at sea, especially when the weather is bad. However, pigeons can fly quickly over a large area of water to look for people. Spy Many years ago, carrier pigeons were used to help our country during wars (战争). “Spy pigeons” had small cameras that were tied to their feet. As a pigeon flew over enemy (敌人) land, the camera took photos of the land below. This would allow our soldiers to see where the enemies were and what they were doing. So next time you see a pigeon, stop and watch it closely. What might look like an ordinary bird to most people, might actually be helpful. 56. Which part of the carrier pigeon is the can tied to? A. The pigeon’s back. C. The pigeon’s neck. B. The pigeon’s head. D. The pigeon’s leg.
57. What kind of people can the carrier pigeons find? A. The people in orange life jackets at sea. B. The people in red jackets in the boats. C. The people swimming in the ocean. D. The people lost in the mountains.
2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 7 / 12
58. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage? A. A pigeon could predict what the weather would be like. B. A pigeon was tied with a small camera around its leg. C. A pigeon could help us to know the number of the enemy. D. A pigeon carried the camera to take photos of the enemy land. 59. What is the purpose of writing this article? A. To make readers like pigeons more. B. To teach readers about the lives of wild pigeons. C. To tell readers about real jobs held by carrier pigeons. D. To share science fictions about pigeons helping people. C It was midday when I got the call that my grandfather was not well and he was quickly getting worse. My family did not know how long he would stay in the world. I knew I had to get to the hospital to tell him how much I loved him. As I drove to the hospital, I pictured him before I got to tell him how much he meant to me. Trying to fight back the tears, I wanted to stay calm when I saw him. When I got to the hospital, I hurriedly looked for his hospital room. I found him in a semi-conscious state(半清醒状态). On my knees, I said softly, “Hello, Grandpa.” Still feeling shy, I decided not to leave his beside without letting him know. While I asked about how he was, he told me, “I’ll be fine, Henry.” Although we both knew that wasn’t true. Then he asked me with a smile how I was doing. Hearing what my grandpa said, I was much moved. I made the decision that I had to show my gratitude for him. As I found all the courage(勇气) I had, I hold his hand tightly. I cried out, “Grandpa, I just want to let you know how much I love you. I hope you already know that yet I just want to make sure.” By this time, the tears were rolling down my face. All those years of love that I had shut and not let him know, become free. Smiling, he said, “I know. Thank you for telling me that. All I have on this planet is my family and my love for them. If there is anything I could ask
2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 8 / 12
of you, I want you to be good to your family: your mother, your father, and your brother. That’s all I want of you.” From then on, I began telling people how much I loved them, cared for them, and respected them. I get in touch with, for example, my babysitter, my barber, to show my appreciation. I go down into the city once a week and serve pizza to the homeless. I wake up every morning and list ever ything I’m thankful to in my life. 60. The author didn’t tell Grandpa his love because _____ to say love to Grandpa before. A. he was too shy C. he was too busy Chinese. A. 兴奋 B. 惊讶 C. 害怕 D. 感激 62. The author wrote this passage to tell the readers mainly about _____. A. how to think highly of others B. how to help others get out of trouble C. how to get in touch with others D. how to share feelings with others 63. The story develops with the changes of _____. A. the author’s life B. Grandpa’s feelings（感觉） C. the author’s emotion（情感） D. Grandpa’s illness B. he was too frightened D. he had no chances
61. The underlined word “gratitude” (in paragraph 4 ) means _____ in
D SOUTHHGATE NEW JOBS CLASSIFIED Waiter Big, busy restaurant. $ 8 an hour. Apply in person at 6775 Main St. Southgate. Salesgirl. Office Assistant, Francisco’s Shoe experience, $ 13 an hour, speak Spanish, Fax resume (简历) to 555-0001. …Guide…
2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 9 / 12
2 years’ experience, part time, Shop Office work, full time, no
Busy department store. No experience, $ 10 an hour, will train Apply in person at 224 West Rose Ave. Richmond.
Love travel? Join us! Full time, Speak English, $ 12 an hour. Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org.
64. If you want to find a job as a waiter, you can _______to apply for it. A. go to 6775 Main St. Southgate B. go to 224 West Rose Ave. Richmond C. fax resume to 555-0001 D. email resume: email@example.com. 65. If you do office work at Francisco’s Shoe Shop, you should ________. A. be trained. C. speak English. A. $ 8 B. $ 10 B. have experience. D. know Spanish. C. $ 12 E Recently, many people have begun to try a new way of doing shopping through the Internet. They are very interested in it. Why is it becoming more and more popular now? There are some reasons. First, more and more people have their own computers and their computers can be joined with the Internet. So it is possible for many of them to do shopping through the Internet. Second, shopping through the Internet can save them some money and a lot of time. Third, they don’t need to go to the shop themselves. Because of these good facts, few people can refuse it. On the other hand, some people don’t like this new way of shopping. They are worried about the safety of shopping online. Customers (顾客) can only see pictures of a product on the Internet. And they can’t enjoy the pleasure of buying things in a large supermarket or a shopping center. These are the reasons why they do not like it. But I think more and more people will like this new kind of shopping in
2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 10 / 12
66. If you work as a guide, you can get ________an hour. D. $ 13
the future. 67. Many people are interested in ________online. A. watching TV B. reading C. studying D. shopping 68. From the first paragraph, we know________. A. no one likes buying things online. B. more and more people don’t like shopping through the Internet. C. shopping on the Internet is more and more popular. D. there are no advantages about shopping on the Internet. 69. People like doing shopping on the Internet because it can ________. A. save their money and time C. be very easy B. help them make a lot of money D. help them save time
70. What’s the best title (题目) of this passage? A. Why don’t people like going shopping? B. Shopping through the Internet is very popular. C. How do people shop with little money? D. Chinese people don’t like shopping on Internet.
第四部分：书面表达（共两节，满分 50 分） 第一节 完成句子（共 10 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下列各小题，根据汉语提示，用句末括号内的英语单词完成句子。
71.The boy ______________________ in the library is the monitor of Class Three .（meet） 我们昨天在图书馆遇到的那个男孩是三班的班长。 72.The earthquake which happened on Friday morning left the whole town __________________ . ( ruin ) 星期五早晨发生的地震使得整个镇成了一片废墟。 73.We ____________________________ to see them .( wait ) 我们迫不及待地想见他们。 74.David Beckham __________________________when he child .( dream about ) 当他还是一个小孩时, David Beckham 就梦想成为一名出色的足球运 动员。 75.The English in 19th century ___________________________than the
2012 年秋季期中考试试卷 11 / 12
English we speak at present . 的。
( base )
与我们目前所说的英语相比，19 世纪的英语更多地是以德语为基础 76.__________________ outside the room is about twenty . ( number ) 房间外面的人数大约为 20 人。 77.The teacher asked us ______________________ . ( play ) 老师叫我们不要在河边玩。 78.It was _____________________ that he knew what kind of a country she was .( until ) 直到他来到中国之后他才了解中国是一种什么样的国度。 79． __________________I was so afraid of staying at home alone . ( time ) 曾经一度我是如此害怕独自一人呆在家里。 80. She left nearly for a month _____________________. (discover ) 她离开了接近一个月才被发现。
第二节 短文写作（共 1 题；满分 30 分） 假如你是五中灵溪文学社的编辑 Li Hua,你收到一封来自于名叫 Mary 的来信。她 向你询问如何交友。请给她写一封信，并提出建议。要点如下： 1. 每个人都需要朋友，如何交友极为重要。 2. 要交朋友，首先对别人要友好。微笑是吸引别人的吸铁石（magnet） 。 3. 设法记住别人的名字。4 与别人有分歧时，不要争吵，要商讨。5………… 要求：1.适当增加内容以使行文连贯。2.词数 100 左右。
Dear Mary, _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ __________________ Yours truly, Li Hua
12 / 12
copyright ©right 2010-2020。