Teaching Plan for the Adverbial Clause
一、考点分析 状语从句是高考句法部分考查的重点内容之一， 也是学生比较熟识的一种复合句， 近几 年高考重点是考查状语从句的时态呼应， 尤其是时间状语从句和条件状语从句， 另外引 导状语从句的连接词也是常考点之一。 二、学生分析 状语从句对于学生来说是
比较熟识，状语从句的学习是贯穿在整个初高中的学习阶段， 但状语从句的时态呼应部分对于学生来说还是一个难点， 特别在翻译句子时总是忘了时态的 呼应。
三．教学目标： The Objectives
1. The students will learn about the Adverbial Clauses by watching a flash. 2. They will know the 9 kinds of the Adverbial Clause 3. At the end of the class, they can do some multiple choices and translation 4.The students will learn the 9 kinds of adverbials and their conjunctions. 四．教学重点 时间状语从句和条件状语从句的时态呼应 状语从句的连接词 五．教学难点 能在口头和笔头熟练使用各种状语从句 六. 教学策略 归纳法和启发式教学 七. 教学媒体 多媒体和练习卷 八. 教学步骤
Step 1 Lead-in 1. Warming – up Ask the students some questions and present the Adverbial Clauses (To arouse the Ss ’ interest and lead in the revision topic _ The Adverbial Clauses ) Q : There are so many teachers in our class today , how do you feel today ? Why？ The final exam is coming , are you getting ready for your exam ? How do you feel before the exam ? Why ? Eg . I feel nervous because there are so many teachers today . Step 2 Revision To go over the kinds of the Adverbial Clauses ( show on the screen ) 从状语到状语从句 指出下列句子中划线部分的成分及功能 1. We always leave for school early. 2. He found his lost cellphone on the playground. 3. Our car couldn’t move with a tyre broken. 4. Turning left , you will see our school. 5. Y ou must do experime nt in the right way. 6. To write correct English sentences, you must learn grammar well. 7. He did well enough to pass the exam.
8. He kept on studying in spite of being tired. 完成或转换下列句子： 1. We always leave for school _____________________. (当很多人还在睡觉时 ). 2. He found his lost cellphone ___________________ (在他们原来玩的地方 ). 3. Our car couldn’t move with a tyre broken. = Our car couldn’t move _______________________. 4. Turning left , you will see our school. = ________________, you will see our school. 5. Y ou must do experime nts _______________________ (按老师指示 ). 6. To write correct English sentences, you must learn grammar well. =Y ou must learn grammar well _______________ you can write correct Englis h sentences. 7. He did well enough to pass the exam. =He did ___ well _____ he passed the exam. 8. He kept on studying in spite of being tired. =He kept on studying _______/_______ he was tire d. =Tired ___/______ he was, he kept on working. Conclusion: 英语中的状语如果用一个从句来表示，就称为状语从句，根据其功能分为时间、 地点、原因、条件、目的、结果、方式状语从句。此外还有一类叫比较状语从 句，由比较连词 than 和 as 引导，如： China is larger than any other country in Asia (is). No other country in Asia is as large as China (is) . 从下面几个方面掌握状语从句 ? 9 种状语从句分别由哪些连词引导及连词的含义 ? 某些状语从句的时态处理 ? 同义连词的用法区别 ? 状语从句和其它从句的辨别 ? 一些连词的常用句式和固定时态 ? 状语从句的省略 ? 状语从句和表示相同含义及功能的介词短语和非谓语动词的辨别 状语从句分类及常用连词 类 别 连 词 时间状语 从句 地点状语 从句 原因状语 从句 when, whenever, while, as, before, after, since, till, once, as soon as, etc. where, wherever
because, since, as, for, now that, etc.
目的状语 从句 结果状语 从句 条件状语 从句 让步状语 从句 比较状语 从句 方式状语 从句
in order that, so that, that, etc. so…that, so that, such…that, that, etc.
if, unless, as (so) long as, etc. though, although, even if, even though, however, whatever, as, etc. as… as, so…as, than, etc.
as, as if, as though, etc.
1、时间状语从句 ： 1） when, while, as when+短暂性动词 \延续性动词 while+延续性动词；意为 “在 ……期间 ” as 强调主句和从句两个动作同时发生或交替进行； 译为 “一边 …… 一边 ” He was swimming in the river ______ the flood came. He likes geography ________ she likes English. I want my child to know more ________ they are young. _______ I think what you said is true, I don’t agree with you. ________ time went on, the weather is becoming hotter and hotter. 2） 表示 “一 ……就 ……”的连接词： as soon as; immediately; directly; instantly; the moment; the instant; the minute; hardly/scarcely …when… ; no sooner… than…; Hardly/Scarcely had …when…. No sooner had…that…. 3） till & until 和 not until 延续性动词 + till/until+从句（动作延续到某时间点终止） ； 短暂性动词 + not until +从句（动作直到某时间才开始 ) not until 的句型： It is /was not until… that….. Not until …. did/do/does sb. do… not --- until --直到累得走不动了他才停下来。
He didn’t ________________________________. Not until ________________________________. It was not until __________________________ _______. It was not until ____me ____ the truth. A. did you tell; that I kne w B. you told; did I know C. you told; that I kne w D. did you tell; did I know 4） before VS since before 的用法： ….before sb. could do… 还没来得及 ……就 ……; It is/was/will be+一段时间 + before…… 还要多久才 …… It won’t be long before … 过不了多久就 …… since 的用法： sb. has/have done since + 从句（短暂性动词） It is /has been +一段时间 +since +从句（短暂性动词） 自从 ……到现在有多长时间 It is/ has been + 一段时间 + since+从句（延续性动词） 有多长时间没有做某事 It was September 2013 ________ we entered Xiaojin High School. It is two years ________ we entered Xiaojin High School. It will be 7months ______ we graduate from Xiaojin High School. It was in September 2013________ we entered Xiaojin High School. It is not until a month later ______ we will meet again back at school. It will be not long ______ we take the first diagnosed exam of Sichuan。 5） 引导的时间状语从句的名词短语： everytime; each time; the first time; next time; the last time; 注意： 1）时间连词 2）时态 a)“主将从现 ” b) hardly/scarcely --- whe n ---, no sooner --- than --- (刚 ------就 ------)的 时态和倒装 c) 带 since 从句的复合句 孩子出生以来身体一直都不好。 从大学毕业他已经在成都工作 15 年了。 他失业以来生活一直很艰难。
特殊用法 1) 特 殊 形 式 的 连 词 : the moment/minute/second ( 一 -- - 就 ---); directly/imme diately/instantly ( 一 --- 就 ---); every time/each time; the first/second--- last time; by the time(到 ---为止 ) 第一次来中国时他对一切都很好奇。 说法 1： ____________.; 说法 2： ____________. 2)同义连词 while, when, as 的用法区别 2、原因状语从句 because, as, since, now that, 的区别 1)--Why did he fail in the exam? --______ he was too careless. 2)--Did he pass the exam? --No, he didn’t, ____ he was too careless. 3)It must have rained last night, ____ ground is all wet. 4)____ it was fine that day, they decided to go fishing. 5) _____ everyone has come, let’s begin our meeting. Now that 引导原因状语从句的其它连词： when…; in that…; seeing that…; considering that… given that… 3、目的状语从句 for fear that VS in case for fear that : to avoid the danger of sth happening 以免……发生 in case (that): if sth. happens I got up very early __________ I might miss the first train. You’d better take the key ___________ I am out. 注意 in case (that)引导的从句中用一般现在时表示将来的动作。 4、结果状语从句 so that…, so…that…, such…that… so that “以便 ”、 “结果 ”表目的和结果。 注意：在从句中有情态动词表目的。无情态动词表结果。 so…that… “如此的 …以致于 ”表结果。该结构常见于： so+ 形／副＋ that so+形＋ a /an＋单数名词＋ that so＋ many/much/fe w/little ＋复数名词 /不可数名词 + that such＋ a /an＋形容词＋名词＋ that…… such＋形容词＋复数名词／不可数名词＋ that……
注意： so 或 such 置于句首时，主句要用倒装语序。 5. 让步状语从句 although/though 可以和 yet, still, nevertheless 连用，不能 和 but 连用； though 引导让步状语时可不到装；可以用作副词，置于 句末； as 引导让步状语时要采用倒装语序； while 引导让步状语时常在句首； 引导让步状语的其它连接词： even though; even if; whether…or… wh-ever no matter +wh6. 让步状语从句 ? 注意：even if/though, no matter + wh- /wh-ever, whether(无论是否 =no matter whether)引导的从句中如表示将来的动作用一般现在时。 ? 注意 as/though 引导让步状语从句时的倒装句型 7. 比较状语从句 两种基本句型 ? A --- than B ? A--- as --- as B 否定：A---not so/as --- as B 两种特殊句型 ? ? A is to B what C is to D 倍数的表达法（三种句型） 1. A is 3 times as high as B. 2. A is 3 times higher than B. 3. A is 3 times the height of B. The height of A is 3 times that of B. The height of A is 3 times what the height of B is. 8. 方式状语从句 ? as/like Sometimes we teach our children _____ our parents once taught us. He always talks and walks _____ a general. ? as if/though 引导的从句中有时用虚拟语气。 9. 结果状语从句 Harry Potter is ______ an interesting book ___ almost all kids like reading. Harry Potter is ____ an interesting a book _____ almost all kids like reading it. Harry Potter is ______ interesting a book ___ almost all kids like reading it. 状语从句的省略结构 ? After _____ to the palace ball, Mathilde was very excited.
Though _____ to the palace ball, Mathilde had a problem that she had no jewelry to wear. A. invited B. being invited C. inviting D. to be invited ?状语从句的省略(在时间，条件，方式，让步状语从句中） 状语从句同时具备下列两个条件 :① 主句和从句的主语一致，或从句主语为 it；② 从句主要动词是 be 的某种形式。从句中的主语和 be 动词常可省略。例如： When ( the museum is ) completed , the museum will be open to the public next year . He’ll go to the seaside for his holiday if (it is ) possible. The concert was a great success than (it was) expected. He won't go there with us unless ________ . A to invite him B inviting him C invited
D being invited
注意 :当从句主语和主句主语不一致时, 从句部分要么用完全形式,要么用独立主 格结构来表达。例如 : 判断正误： when given more attention , the trees will grow better . when given more attention , we can make the trees grow better With the trees given more attention , we can make the trees grow better . when __________ , the project will be completed ahead of time. A having more time B giving more time C we having more time given more time
D we are
状语从句和表示相同含义及功能的介词短语的辨别 1. as / with ? 随着利比亚局势一天天恶化，越来越多的外国人离开回国了。 ? As _____________________________________, an increasing number of foreigners are leaving for home. ? With ___________________________________, an increasing number of foreigners are leaving for home. 2. because; because of 因为这个成功，他恢复了信心。 He recovered his confidence _________________. He recovered his confidence _________________. 3. despite/in spite of ; though/although _______ the fact that China is developing at an amazing speed, we still have a great many serious problems to solve. ________ developing fast, China still has a great many serious problems to solve. despite 和 although 翻译） 书面表达常见错误
35% of the people interviewed are against the project. Because they think it will do great harm to the environment. 正确： 35% of the people interviewed are against the project, because they think it will do great harm to the environment. 句型： Because---, sth./s b. ---. Sth.Sb. --- (,) because ---. Step 3 Practice (具体练习参看学生用卷 ) Let the Ss do some exercises and then check the answers ( To check how the students understand the usages of the Adverbial Clauses) Step 4 Summary 1.To help the students to summarize the usages of the Adverbial Clauses Step 5 Consolidation ( To make sure how the students understand the content of the Adverbial Clauses ) 1. Have a test . (If time permits) 2. Oral Speaking . (If time permits) 3. Step 6 Home work 1. To go over the content of The Adverbial Clauses 2. To write a composition using the Adverbial Clauses .
1. — How long has this bookshop been in business? — ____________ 1982. A. After B. In C. From D. Since
2. Mother was worried because little Alice was ill, especially _____________ Father was away in France. A. as B. that C. during D. if 3. If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, ____________ great it is. A. what B. how C. however D. whatever 4. After the war, a new school building was put up _____________ there had once been a theatre. A. that B. where C. which D. when 5. — I am going to the post office. — __________ you’re there, can you get me some stamps? A. As B. While C. Because D. If 6. You should make it a rule to leave things _____________ you can find them again. A. when B. where C. then D. there 7. ____________ you’ve got the chance, you might as well make full use of it. B. After C. Although D. As soon as 8. We’ll have to finish the job, _____________. A. long it takes however B. it takes however long
A. Now that
C. long however it takes
D. however long it takes
9. Someone called me up in the middle of the night, but they hung up ____________ I could answer the ph A. as B. since C. until D. before 10. The WTO cannot live up to its name _____________ it does not inc lude a country that is home to one fifth of mankind. A. as long as B. while C. if D. even though A. if B. 11. The men will have to wait all day ____________ the doctor works faster. unless C. whether D. that 12. — Did you remember to give Mary the money you owed her? — Yes, I gave it to her ____________ I saw her. A. while
B. the moment A. more
C. suddenly D. once 13. Americans eat _____________ vegetables per person today as they did in 1910. than twice B. as twice as many C. twice as many as D. more than twice as many 14. — How far apart do they live? — _____________ I know, they live in the same neighbourhood. A. As long as
As well as C. As far as D. As often as 15. A good storyteller must be able to hold his listeners’ curiosity ____________ he reaches the end of the story. A. when B. unless C. after D. until 1 -----5 DACBB 6 ------ 10 BADDC 11 ------ 15 BBDCD
II．翻译下列句子： 1． 如果他们违反了法律，就会被判长达两年的监禁。 (条件 ) If they broke the law, they were put into prison for up to two years. 2． 我一听到闹钟响就从床上跳了起来。 (时间 ) As soon as I hear the alarm clock, I jump out of my bed. 3. 有些孩子学习起来比别的孩子吃力。 (比较 ) Some children have more difficulty in learning tha n others. 4. 最好多带点衣服，以防天变冷。 (目的 ) Better take more clothes in case the weather is cold. 5. 虽然在下雨，但他们仍在地里干活。 （让步） Although it is raining, yet they are still working in the field.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。