1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 孩子们总是对周边的一切都非常好奇。(curious) 她在比赛中表现出色，给评委留下了深刻的印象。(which) 一进学校，她就意外得知有一所名校录取她了。(No sooner...) 奇怪的是，这些年轻人对这些我们都耳熟能详的歌曲却一无所知。(know) 为了纪念这位伟大的宇航员，据说明年将会开拍一部电影让人们了解他的事迹。(me
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Kids are always very curious about what is around them /all the things around them. She performed excellently in the contest, which left a deep impression on the judges. No sooner had she come into/ entered school than she unexpectedly knew/ learned that she was admitted into a key school/ a famous university. Strangely enough,/ It’s strange that these/ the teenagers know nothing about the song(s) which/ that are familiar to us/ we are familiar with. In memory of the great astronaut, it’s said that next year a film will be shot/ made/ produced to help/ let people know about his life.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Tom 今天没来上学，因为他染上了流感。(infect) 鉴于上海高昂的生活成本，许多年轻夫妇无意再生第二胎。(intention) 只有政府采取严厉的措施，我们才有望看到空气质量的真正改善。(Only) 在台上的手语翻译是个精神病人，这是多么荒谬的事啊！(How) 令全国人民兴奋的是中国成为了第三个实现无人宇宙飞船在月球表面软着陆的国家。(excite, softland)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Tom is absent from school today because he is infected with a flu. Due to the high living cost in Shanghai, many young couples have no intention to have a second child. Only when the government takes serious measures can we expect the real improvement in air quality. How ridiculous it is that the sign language interpreter on the stage is a mental patient! What excited people all over the country was that China became the third country to softland an unmanned spacecraft on the (surface of the) moon.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 每年圣诞期间百货店里的商品都减价出售。(sale) 如今人们非常关注的是食品安全和空气质量。(concern) 无论多么艰难，交给咱们的任务都必须按时完成。(however) 专家们一入座外语节的演讲比赛就在王校长的主持下开始了。(Hardly) 遍布城市每个角落的星巴克 (Starbucks) 满足了人们适应快节奏生活的需要。(adapt)
1. 2. 3. The goods in the department stores are all on sale at Christmas every year. Nowadays what people are (very) much concerned about is food safety and air quality. /Food safety and air quality are people’s major concerns nowadays. However hard/ difficult it is, the task given to us must/ should be completed/ fulfilled on time.
第 1 页 共 6 页
Hardly had the experts sat down/ got seated/ seated themselves/ taken (their) seats when the speech contest of the Foreign Language Festival (that was) hosted by Principal Wang started. The Starbucks in every corner of the city have met/ satisfied/ meet/ satisfy people’s needs/ demands to adapt to a/ the fast-paced life.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 越来越多的年轻人花在网上浏览的时间比看书还多。(spend) 在生物实验室，教授重点介绍了一些实验可用的材料。(available) 参加各类体育活动有利于中学生的健康成长。(participate) 只有当你放弃所有消极的想法时，你才会感受到生活带给你的幸福。(Only) 无论你生活在哪个国家，这些国家的风俗有多么不同，友好和乐于助人总是礼貌的一部分。(Whatever)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. More and more young people spend more time in surfing online than reading. In the biology laboratory (lab), the professor highlighted (focused on) the materials available for the experiment. Participating in all kinds of physical (sports) activities benefits healthy growth of middle school students. Only when you let go of all the negative thoughts can you feel the happiness life brings to you. Whatever countries you live in and however different their customs are, kindness and readiness to help others are always parts of good manners (courtesy).
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 生态旅游似乎正在全世界迅速发展。(seem) 作为高三学生，我们应该知道如何调节心理状态。(adjust) 这个问题很值得讨论，它与我们未来的生活息息相关。(related) 只有在经历了这次难忘的旅行后，他才意识到能给别人带来幸福的人是世上最幸福的人。(Only) 虽然雾霾 (haze) 给人们的日常生活带来很大的影响，但到目前为止政府还没有找到解决它的可行办法。 (Despite)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Eco-tourism seems to be developing quickly in the world. As senior three students, we should know how to adjust mental state. The problem is well worth discussing because it is closely related to our future life. Only after he experienced the unforgettable trip did he realize that those who bring happiness to others are /were the happiest in the world. Despite the fact that haze has greatly influenced people’s daily life, up to now the government has not found a practical/feasible solution to it.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 今年国庆节我和妈妈参观了新建的植物园。(visit) 你认为这学期究竟谁在物理学习上进步最大？(on earth) 人们从来没有像今天这样如此关注食品安全问题。(Never) 谈到这件事，一旦公诸于众，迟早会被搬上银幕。(once) 在毕业典礼上，尽管阴雨绵绵，但参加演出的同学仍完美展现了他们的合作与自信。(demonstrate)
第 2 页 共 6 页
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
My mother and I visited the newly-built botanic garden on National Day this year. Who on earth do you think has made the greatest progress in physics this term? Never before have people paid so much attention to the issue of food safety as they do today. Talking of the incident, once (it is) open/disclosed to the public, it will be made into a film sooner or later. At the graduation ceremony, despite the continuous rain, the students who took part in the performance still demonstrated their cooperation and self-confidence perfectly.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 格林先生本周日要去拜访一位朋友，此人精通理财之道。(who) 人们是否会推迟退休还有待于讨论。(remain) 无论任务多么艰巨，我们都要不遗余力地完成。(However) 许多公司在雇佣员工时，相对于能力而言，更看重个性。(emphasis) 如果双方在这些事务上能达成共识，就有可能在新的领域进一步合作。(If)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Mr. Green is going to visit/ see a friend this Sunday, who knows a lot about money matters. It remains to be discussed whether people will delay retiring. /Whether people will delay retiring remains to be discussed. However hard the task is, we should spare no efforts to accomplish it. Many companies put more emphasis on personality than on capability when they employ staff members. If both the parties can agree on these issues, they are likely to further cooperate( have further cooperation) in the new field.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 是采取严厉措施治理环境污染的时候了。(measures) 他姐姐与一位非常富有才气的青年订婚了。(engage) 根据已公布的数据，城市的房价不跌反涨。(release) 只要你尽力了，就没道理为成功或失败而苦恼。(no sense) 是观众支撑着那些明星，但有些明星认为其成功完全来自自己的努力。(It)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. It is (high) time to take strict measures to deal with the environment pollution. His sister is/has been engaged to a talented/gifted young man. According to the data (figures) released, the housing prices in cities keep rising/have been going up/ rising instead of falling/going down. As long as/ if you have done/tried your best, there is no sense being/ getting upset/worried/bothered about failure or success. It is the audience that/who provide for/support the stars, but some of them (would rather) think/insist that their achievements result from nothing but their own efforts. (Although...)
1. 2. 3. 4. 这家花店里面的鲜花一应俱全。(available) 大家都认为很多自然灾害与非法砍伐树木息息相关。(It) 你书看得越多，就越有可能接触到不同的文化。(expose) 获悉自己被一所理想大学录取时，他才松了一口气。(Not until)
第 3 页 共 6 页
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Various flowers are available in the flower shop. It is generally believed that many natural disasters are closely linked to cutting down trees illegally. The more you read, the more likely you are to be exposed to different cultures. Not until he was informed of being admitted to his dream university did he feel relieved. Although this character is a failure in the movie, his determination to overcome difficulties has inspired young audience to pursue their dreams.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 视频聊天越来越受到人们的欢迎。(popular) 万一家具在大火中毁掉了，保险公司是否会支付所有的损失？(in case) 对油画感兴趣的人们能够在网上得到美术馆的免费票。(free) 尽管水果富含维生素，急切想减肥的女士们也不应该用水果来代替营养均衡的正餐。(rich) 只有通过广泛阅读，才能掌握知识，成为竞争激烈的 21 世纪所需要的人才。(Only)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Video chat has been more and more popular with people. Will the insurance company pay for all the damages in case the furniture is destroyed in the fire? Free tickets for the gallery are available online to those who are interested in oil paintings. Although fruits are rich in vitamins, ladies who are anxious to lose weight can’t replace well-balanced meals with fruits. Only through reading widely can one master knowledge and become a talent that the competitive 21st century calls for.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 我不认为我今天所说的话能改变别人对我的看法。(attitude) 据说今晚公司将设宴招待澳大利亚专家。(honor) 很多人心甘情愿排长队买音乐会的票。(willing) 当我在非洲做志愿者工作时，我的亲朋好友都盼望我早日平安归来。(anxious) 是时候采取行动控制私车数量以缓解高峰时期的交通压力。(relieve)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. I don’t think what I have said today can (will) change others’ attitude (s) towards me. It is said that the company will give a banquet this evening in honor of the experts from Australia. Many people are willing to wait in a long queue to buy the ticket for the concert. When I worked as a volunteer in Africa, my relatives and friends were anxious for my safe return soon It is time to take action to control the quantity of (the) private cars so as to relieve the traffic burden during the rush hours.
1. 2. 3. 这份工作这么难, 没几个人能胜任。(qualify) 每天只允许五百名游客进入这座宏伟的博物馆。(admit) 你看的书越多，你犯的错误就越少。 (the more)
第 4 页 共 6 页
直到上世纪 60 年代人们才实现了探月梦想。(Not until) 很多珍稀动物已经灭绝的原因是它们无法适应新的环境，因此我们必须更加注重保持生态平衡。 (so)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. The job is so difficult that few people are qualified for it. Only 500 visitors are admitted to this magnificent museum every day. The more books you read, the fewer mistakes you will make. Not until the 60s last century did people’s dreams of moon exploration come true. The reason why many rare animals became extinct was that they were not able to adapt (themselves) to the new environment, so we must pay more attention to keeping the balance of nature.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 那家新开的咖啡馆每月盈利 5 千元。(profit) 他不愿意承认他是故意把钥匙扔到垃圾桶里的。(reluctant) 由于大雾，发生在 G15 高速公路上的事故涉及到几十辆车。(involve) 鼓励老年人到社区的托儿所帮忙是个不错的点子，这能让他们充分发挥作用。(It) 与我们预料的相反，学生们组织的游乐会是如此地有趣，不知不觉两个小时就过去了。(before)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. The new coffee shop makes a profit of 5000 yuan every month. He was reluctant to admit that he had thrown the keys into the dustbin on purpose. Due to/Because of the thick fog, dozens of vehicles were involved in the accident which happened on highway G15. It is a good idea to encourage old people to help out in nurseries in the neighborhood /community, which enables/can enable them to play their full part. Contrary to our expectation/what we had expected, the funfair organized by the students was so interesting that two hours had passed/gone by before we realized it.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 部长的回答令所有在场的记者都很满意。(present) 我婉言谢绝了他的帮助，我想自食其力。(decline) 显而易见，你的行为对你今后的发展很不利。(damage) 只有在事故发生以后人们才能意识到问题的严重性，这真是个遗憾。(Only) 现在许多城市的空气质量越来越糟糕，从某种程度上说这对整个地球都是很大的威胁。(threat)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. The minister’s answer made all the reporters present quite pleased. I declined his offer of help, for I would like to depend on myself. It is obvious that what you are doing will do great damage to your future development. Only until the accident takes place will people realize how serious the result is, which is really a pity. The air quality in many cities is becoming worse and worse, which is a great threat to the whole earth to some extent.
1. 2. 他总是不懂装懂。(pretend) 他没有参加这次面试，这使他失去了一份薪水丰厚的工作。(which)
第 5 页 共 6 页
3. 4. 5.
相对而言，污染带来的威胁比疾病更加严重。(threat) 很多边远村学校没有图书馆，以致一些孩子没有读过课本以外的任何书籍。(available) 他到美国呆了一段时间后，才知道之前他对这个国家的了解是何等肤浅。(Only)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. He always pretends / is always pretending to know what he doesn’t know. He didn’t take part in the interview, which cost him a well-paid job. By comparison / Comparatively speaking / Relatively speaking, the threat caused by pollution is more serious than that of illness. Libraries are not available in many remote schools so that some children have never read any book(s) except textbooks. Only after he stayed in America for some time did he know / realize how poor his knowledge of the country was.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 我想知道你是否能给我一些出国留学的建议。(advice) 教师应更专注地倾听学生，以便更好地满足他们的需求。(meet) 我们有充分的理由相信，自行车永远不会被替代。(replace) 即使我无法衡量我多擅长某事，我也会养成一些好习惯，以充分发挥自己的潜能。(realize) 只有现在采取有效的措施来解决这个问题，我们才能防止不久的未来真正的水资源短缺。(Only)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. I would like to know whether you can give me some advice on studying abroad. Teachers should listen to their students more attentively so that they can meet their needs better. We have good reason to believe that bicycles will never be replaced completely in our country. Even though I am unable to measure how good I am at something, I can develop habits to realize my potential fully/to the full. Only if we take effective steps/measures to deal with /solve this problem now can we prevent a real water shortage in the near future.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 应该允许孩子们表达他们自己的想法。(allow) 只有通过提高效率，这个工厂才会赢利更多。(Only) 这位专家的建议是学校应该努力提高学生们的健康意识。(suggestion) 在上下班高峰时间，倘若你不想陷入交通堵塞，何不尝试乘坐地铁？(try) 在各种新的网络语层出不穷的时代，如果你不知道这些网络语就会落伍。(emerge)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Children should be allowed to express their own ideas. Only by improving the efficiency can the factory make more profits. The expert’s suggestion is that schools should raise students’ awareness of health. If you don’t want to be caught in the traffic jam in rush hours, why don’t you try taking the subway? In the age when a variety of new Internet languages keep emerging, you will fall behind if you don’t know them.
第 6 页 共 6 页
copyright ©right 2010-2020。