Module 5 Unit 4
1. 倒装 Inversions
英语句子的自然顺序是主语在前,谓语 在后。把谓语放在主语之前叫倒装结 构。全部谓语放在主语之前叫全部倒 装; 只把助动词或be 动词放在主语之 前就叫部分倒装。
基本语序 natural order subject 主+ predicate 谓+object 宾
I love English.
完全倒装 full inversion
predicate + subject
Here came the headmaster.
部分倒装 partial inversion
助动词auxiliary/情态动词modal verb + subject + v +… Nerve will I forgive you.
1. 用于 there be 句型。 There are many students in the classroom. 主语位于谓语 are there之后 原句自然顺序是：
Many students are there in the classroom.
1．There _______ at the entrance to the valley. A. did an old pine tree stand B. stood an old pine tree C. did stood an old pine tree D. stand an old pine tree
其中be可换为appear，enter， come，exist，happen，lie，live， remain，seem，stand等动词。 There exist some serious problems in the management of the company. 公司的管理上存在一些严重的 问题。
(2)由副词here，there，now， thus，then或in，out，away，up， off，down，back，over等开头的句 子，谓语动词是be，come，follow， go，begin等，且主语是名词时。表
There comes the bell. Our teacher comes in with a book in his hand. 铃声响了，我们的老师手里拿着 一本书走了进来。
Here comes the bus. There goes the bell. Now comes our turn. Out went the children.
注意： 代词作主语时, 主谓语序不变。 Here it is. In he comes. Here you are.
? 2. Across the river___. A. lies a new built bridge B. lies a newly built bridge C. a new built bridge lies D. a newly built bridge lies
3. 当句首状语是表示地点的介词词组时, 也常引起全部倒装。
South of the city lies a big steel factory. From the valley came a frightening sound. Under the tree stands a little boy.
划线的均是表示地点 状语的介词词组,并 且是位于句首。
4. 表语置于句首时, 倒装结构采用
1) 形容词＋连系动词＋主语 Present at the meeting were Professor White, Professor Smith and many other guests.
2) 过去分词＋连系动词＋主语 Gone are the days when they could do what they liked. 3) 介词＋连系动词＋主语 Among the goods are Christmas
trees, flowers, candles and toys.
Growing all over the mountain are wild flowers. 漫山遍野长满了野花。
5. 为了保持句子结构平衡,或为了强调表 语或状语,或为了使上下文结构紧凑。 They arrived at a farmhouse, in front of which sat a small boy.
Inside the pyramids are the burial rooms for the kings and queens and long passages to these rooms.
? 3. ____ from the tenth floor when the policeman pointed his pistol at him. A. Jumped down the burglar B. Down the burglar jumped C. The burglar jumped down D. Down jumped the burglar
4．Seeing the policeman coming, away__ A. the boys ran B. ran the boys C. did the boys run D. the boys run
? 5．“ Where is Kate?” “ Look, _____ . She is at the school gate.” A. there she is B. there is she C. here you are D. here it is ? 6．___ are the days when teachers were looked down upon. A. Gone B. Go C. To go D. Going
1. 用于疑问句 Do you speak English? 2. 用于省略if 的虚拟条件句 Had you reviewed your lessons, you might have passed the examination.
由 If you had reviewed your lessons 这样一个虚拟条件分句变过来的。
? 7．_____computers not been used，it would have taken them a long time to solve the problem。 ? A．If have B。Have ? C。If had D。Had
? If the boy were older, he could go to school. ? Were the boy older, he could go to school.
? 8. your letter, I would have started off two days ago. ? A. If I received ? B. Should I receive ? C. If I could have received ? D. Had I received ? If I had received your letter,…
? 9. If it rain next week, the farmers could still have a good harvest. ? A. should ? B. could Should it rain next week,… ? C. would ? D. might
? 10．If the sun____tomorrow， what would we do？ ? A．would not rise ? B。should not rise ? C。had not risen ? D。does not rise
? 11．If my lawyer _____here last Saturday, he ____me from going ? A. had been; would have prevented ? B. had been ;would prevent ? C. were; would prevent ? D. were; would have prevented
3. 用于“形容词(或名词、动词)＋ as
(though)” 引导的让步状语从句。 Pretty as she is, she is not clever. Try as he would, he might fail again. Money as they had, they don’t know how to spend it.
① Child as she is, she knows a lot. → Though she is a child, she knows a lot.
② Busy as he is, he insists on studying. → Though he is busy, he … .
③ Try as he might, Tom could not get out of the difficulties. → Though he might try, Tom could not get out of the difficulties.
? ④ Much as I like the house, I can’t afford to buy it.
? 12．Late _________ , she still continued her experiment in the lab. A. Although it was B. as it was C. as was it D. it though was
4. 用于no sooner than, hardly when
和 not until的句型中。
No sooner had she gone out than
the class began.
Not until the teacher came did he
finish his homework.
? 13．Hardly ___the station ____the bus arrived. A. I had reached; when B. had I reached; then C. I had reached; then D. had I reached; when
14.Not until ___ the work _____to bed. A. did he finish; he went B. he finished; he went C. he finished; did he go D. he finished; had he gone
5. 用于 never, hardly, seldom, scarcely, little, at no time, not only, barely, rarely, little, not a bit 等否定词开头的 句子里。 Never shall I do this again. At no time can you say “no” to the order. Little do I dream I would see you here.
①not only...but also...连接两个 并列分句时，前一个分句采用部 分倒装，后一个分句不倒装。 Not only are the students planting trees，but (also) the teacher is.不仅学生们在植树， 老师也是。
②not until...句型中前面的从句不 倒装，后面的主句用部分倒装。 Not until I reached home did I find that I had lost the wallet.直到回 到家我才发现钱包丢了。 ③no sooner...than...， hardly...when...句型后面的从句不倒 装，前面的主句采用部分倒装。 Hardly had Tom got home when the phone rang. 汤姆刚到家，电话就响了。
? 15. By no means ___look down upon the poor. A.we should B. should we C. ought we D. we shall ? 16. At no time, neither today nor in the future, ___look down upon education. A. will we never B. we will C. we should D. will we
? 17．______ seen him before , _______ tell you his name? A. Never have I ; how I can B. I have never; how I can C. Never have I ; how can I D. I never have; how can I
6. 用于only开头的句子(only位于句首, 修饰副词、介词短语或状语从句) Only in this way can you learn English well. Only when he told me did I realize what trouble he was in.
【温馨提示】 only修饰的状语 如果不是句子，或者修饰状语但不 位于句首时，主谓也不倒装。 Only his brother is right.只有他 哥哥是对的。
? 18．_______ succeed in doing anything. A.Only by working hard we can B. By only working hard we can C. Only we can by working hard D. Only by working hard can we
? 19. Only yesterday ____ how happy a life she had been living with Tom. A. she realized B. did she realize C. she had realized D. had she realized
7. 用于 so, nor, neither 开头的句子,表示 重复的内容。此句谓语应与前句谓语 的时态形式一致。 He has been to Beijing. So have I. Jack can not answer the question. Neither can I. He has been to Beijing. So have I. 我也去过。 So he has 是的，他确实去过。
I don’t want to know him，neither (nor) do I want to learn anything about him. 我不想认识他，也不想了解他的任何情况。
【温馨提示】 当so表示“是的，确实 如此”，其引出的句子用以对上文内容加 以证实或肯定时，主谓不倒装。 —Betty is a good girl.——贝蒂是个好姑 娘。 —Yes，so she is.——是的，的确如此。
? 20. Nancy works in a shop and___. A. so does Alan B. so Alan too does C. that does Alan too D. that Alan too does ? 21. She never laughed, ____ lose her temper. A. or she ever did B. nor did she ever C. or did she ever D. nor she ever did
8. 在 so / such… that 的结构中,若 so 置于句首,则句子部分倒装
So difficult a problem is it that
I can’t work it out.
Such a noble person is he that
people all respect him.
? such作表语，置于句首，意为 “……就是如此”。 ? Such were his words. ? ＝Such was what he said. ? 他就是这样说的。
说的, 主语是名词时, 用倒装结构。主
“ Let’ go,” said the man / he said.
10. 用于 某些祝愿的句子。 May you succeed.
配套练习 Ⅰ. Multiple choices. 1. ---Do you know Jim quarreled with his brother? ---I don’t know, _______. A. nor don’t I care B. nor do I care C. I don’t care neither D. I don’t care also
2. Not until all the fish died in the river
____ how serious the pollution was.
A. did the villagers realize
B. the villagers realized
C. the villagers did realized D. didn’t the villagers realized
3. Only in this way ____ do it well.
A. must we
C. can we
B. we could
D. we can B. arrived he D. did he arrive
4. Hardly ____ when it began to rain. A. had he arrived C. he had arrived
5. Only when class began ____ that he
had left his book at home.
A. will realize
C. did he realize dictation yesterday.
B. he did realize
D. should he realize
6. Not a single mistake ____ in the A. did he make
C. he made
B. made by him
D. he had made
7. No sooner ____ his talk than he ___ by the workers. A. he finished; surrounded all B. did he finish; did surround
C. had he finished; was surrounded
D. after he finished; was surrounded
8. Little ___ know about verbs, Franz __ his head. A. did he; dare not lift B. he; dare not lift C. did he; dare not to lift D. doesn’t; doesn’t dare lift
9. Not only __ a promise, but also kept it. A. had he made C. did he make life___ so happy. A. did I feel C. I had felt B. I felt D. had I felt B. he had made D. he makes
10. I finally got the job. Never in all
11. In no country ___ Britain, it has
been said, ____ experience four seasons in the course of a single day. A. other than; one can B. other than; can one C. rather than; one can
D. rather than; can one
12. ____ a mobile phone can you ring ___ you want to talk with anywhere. A. Using; whoever B. Only on; whoever C. With; whoever D. Using; whomever
copyright ©right 2010-2020。