The Passive ing-form (V-ing 形式的被动式)
V-ing形式的各种时态和语态: 时态 一般式 完成式 主动语态 被动语态
doing having done
having been done
1) 动名词的被动式有两种: being + 过去分词； having been + 过去分词。例如： a) 每个人都喜欢得到赞美。 Everybody likes _______________. being praised b) 我记得曾经听过这故事。 having been told I remember __________________ the story. 2) 在need/want/require(需要)和 be worth (值得) 等词后面, 动名词的主动形式表示被动 意义。例如：a) 这件事需要调查。 looking into The matter requires ____________. = The matter requires to be looked into.
b) 这本书值得一读。 is worth reading The book _________________. = The book is worthy of being read.
2. 现在分词的被动式 1) 现在分词的被动式也有两种: being + 过去分词 (强调事情正在发生)； having + been + 过去分词 (强调事情已经
发生, 不作定语)。例如： a) 她正接受提问, 感到有点儿紧张。 Being asked ____________to answer the question, she felt a little nervous.
b) 这么好的机会给了你, 你怎么能一点也不珍惜 呢？ [Having been given such a good chance], how _________________ could you not value it at all? 2) 作定语时, “(being +过去分词)”表示正在 进行的动作; (done)表示一般过去或已经完成 a) 正在建造的房屋, 完工后将用作我们的图书馆。 being built) will be our library The house ( ___________ upon its completion.
的动作; (to be done)表示将要发生的动作。如：
b) 所使用的教材都是时新的。 ( used )are all up-to-date. The textbooks _______
c) 你打算参加下月召开的会议吗？ Are you going to attend the meeting ____________ ( to be held ) next month?
I am thinking of getting a new dictionary.
I approved of his taking part in the project.
I enjoy listening to classical music.
V-ing表示的动作与谓语动词的动作同时或在其后 发生, 或表示一般情况.
The power station being built now will be one of the largest in Egypt. 她坚持被派给最苦的工作.
She insisted on being given the hardest task.
They regret not having been able to inform you of the fact. (之前)
Having done 表示的动作发生在谓语动词表示的动 作之前。
Having been done表示的被动动作发生在谓语动词表 示的动作之前。
被邀请后, 李先生去参加了会议。 Having been invited, Mr Li went to attend the meeting.
我很感激两年前被给予了去国外学习的机会。 I appreciate having been given the chance to study abroad two years ago.
Being laughed at in public is a terrible experience.
Being killed by sharks was a common thing.
_____ C to sunlight for too much time will do harm to ones’s skin.
C. Being exposed
B. Having exposed
D. After being exposed
I could see he was terrified of being abandoned
你还记得十岁时被带去北京吗? Do you remember having been taken to Beijing at the age of ten?
The little girl was eventually aware that her
parents abandoned her in the mountainous village. The little girl was eventually aware of being
abandoned by her parents in the mountainous village.
若不被邀请，他是不会来的。 (without) He wouldn’t come without being invited. 下面短语中的 to 是介词, 后面只能跟名词或 V-ing：devote …to (投入……), get down to (着手干……)， lead to (通向,导致), object to (反对), pay attention to (注意), look forward to (盼望), be used to (习惯于)，stick to (坚持), prefer…to… 等。
No one can prevent the plan _____. C A. from carrying out B. to be carried out
C. being carried out
D. to carry out
The bird was lucky that it just missed _____. B
A. catching C. to be caught B. being caught D. to catch
admit (承认), appreciate, avoid, can’t help (禁不住)，
stand(忍受), consider (考虑,打算), enjoy, escape (躲避), excuse, finish, give up, imagine, insist on, mind, miss (错过), practise, put off, risk, set about, suggest (建议)等后接v-ing。 He has always insisted on his ______ B Dr. Tuner instead of Mr. Turner. A. been called C. having called B. being called D. called
While shopping, people sometimes can’t help ____ C
into buying something they don’t really need.
A. to persuade
C. being persuaded
D. be persuaded
I saw James being held up in the water by old Tom.
The well was found ____ D when we got there. A. digging B. to be dug C. to dig D. being dug
I noticed that some people were taken to the police station. I noticed some people being taken to the
The meeting being held now is very important. 但 having been done 不能作定语。
The hotel being built now beside the park was
designed by a group of young men.
Most of the artists ____ A to the party were from South Africa.
C. being invited
B. to invite
D. had been invited
Being badly wounded, the whale soon died.
Having been told many times, he still made the same mistake.
Choose the best answers.
1.The officers narrowly escaped _____ D in the hot battle. A. have killed B. to kill C. to be killed D. being killed 2. _____ C for several weeks, the city needed food. A. As having flooded B. Being flooded C. Having been flooded D. To flood
A 3. The bridge _____ now is two kilometers long. A. being built B. built C. to be built D. having built 4. The man is tired of ______ C at by his boss. A. shouting B. having shouted C. being shouted D. to shout
Rewrite the sentences with the passive –ing form.
1. The hotel which is being built now beside the park was designed by a group of young men. The hotel being built now beside the park was designed by a group of young men. 2. The little girl was eventually aware that her parents abandoned her in the mountainous village. The little girl was eventually aware of being abandoned in the mountainous village.
3. He wouldn’t come if we don’t invite him. (without)
He wouldn't come without being invited. 4. After he had been examined several times, he was told to be healthy. Having been examined several times, he was told to be healthy. 5. I noticed that some people were taken to the police station.
I noticed some people being taken to the police station.
Complete the sentences below with the passive -ing form of the verbs in brackets.
1. James was afraid of _____________ being attacked (attack) by sharks. Being held up (hold up) in the water by 2. _______________ Old Tom, James was confident he would survive. Being included (include) in the hunt was a 3. _______________ great thrill for Clancy. 4. _____________________ Having been accepted (accept) by the whalers, the killers were able to have a good feed on the whale.
5. Clancy didn't mind ___________ being told (tell) what to do. Being helped out (help out) by the killer 6. _________________ whales, the whalers were able to make a successful kill. 7. The children enjoyed _____________ being taken (take) to the aquarium. 8. It seemed the sea lion didn't mind being photographed(photograph) with the ________________ tourists after all. 9. “In fact, the chances of anybody _______________ being swallowed (swallow) by a whale are rather low,” said the researcher.
1.The secretary worked late into the night, ____ B a long speech for the president. A. being prepared C. having been prepared B. preparing D. prepared
2. ____ A such heavy pollution already, it may now be too late to clean up the river. A. Having been suffered C. To suffer B. Bing suffered D. Suffered
3. She is shy. She is not used to _____ C in front
C. being praised
D. be praised
B in a heavy traffic jam in a taxi while 4. _____
you are hurrying to the airport is quite an unpleasant experience. A. Having caught C. aught B. Being caught D. Having been caught
5.The storm left, ____ D a lot of damage to this area. A. caused B. to have caused
C. to cause
D. having caused
6. It shames me to say it, but I told a lie when ____ C at the meeting by my boss. A. questioning C. questioned B. having questioned D. to be questioned
7. With the development of science, more new B to the field of IT. technology _____ A. has introduced
C. is introduced
B. is being introduced
D. was introduced
D to the party. 8.Tony was very unhappy for _____
A. having not been invited B. not having invited C. having not invited D. not having been invited
9. ______ D the meeting himself gave them a great deal of encouragement. A. The president will attend B. The president to attend C. The president attended D. The president’s attending
10. Do you mind ____ C alone at home? A. Jane leaving B. Jane having left C. Jane’s being left D. Jane to be left
11. --- What made Bill so angry? --- _____. His girl friend promised to B come at 8:30, but she hasn’t come yet. A. Having kept waiting B. Being kept waiting C. To be kept waiting D. Being kept waited
12. _________ the whole story, Jane A decided not to see the film. A. Having been told B. Having told C. Been told
13. The building _____ D in our school is for us teachers. Though there’s noise most of the day, we still feel happy about it. A. built B. having been built C. to be built D. being built
14. ____ B many times, the boy still didn’t know how to do the exercises. A. Having taught B. Having been taught C. taught
For more explanation, click here.
C Shakespeare’s play Hamlet _________
into at least ten different films over the
past years. (2013北京)
A. had been made
C. has been made
B. was made
D. would be made
-- So what is the procedure?
--- All the applicants ________ before a final C
decision is made by the authority. (2013北京)
C. are interviewed
B. are interviewing
D. are being interviewed
B on his desk but The letters for the boss _____ he didn’t read them until three days later.
A. were put
B. was put
D. has put
Mum, I was wondering if you could lend me a A on Friday. 【2012辽宁】 few dollars until I ____
C. have paid
B. got paid
D. had been paid
1. I hear they’ve promoted Tom, but he didn’t mention _____ B when we talked on the phone. (2008江西卷) A. to promote B. having been promoted C. having promoted D. to be promoted
2. ______ C around the Water Cube, we were then taken to see the Bird’s Nest for the 2008 Olympic Games. (2008陕西卷) A. Having shown B. To be shown C. Having been shown D. To show
copyright ©right 2010-2020。