Unit 2 The Olympic Games 学案
学习目标： 1．语言目标 Language aims: 让学生进一步熟悉掌握一些阅读技巧，比如快速寻找文章细节信息(scanning)、归纳和总结（summarizing）
2. 能力目标 Ability aims: 1) 让学生了解古代和现代奥运会的一些基本情况，帮助学生理解奥运精神 2)
让学生更加熟悉访谈一类的文体特征 Step1 Review new words 1. Give the Chinese meaning mascot________ volunteer__________ slave________ swift ________ stadium __________ poster_________ 2. Write the English words 1) _________to take the place of 2) _________to join in fine________
3) _________to take part in a sports event 4) _________at the present time, these days 5) _________to allow to enter (a course or sports competition) 6) _________someone who takes part in a sports competition 7) _________to organize an event， invite others and make all the arrangements for them 8) _________short sentence or phrase expressing the beliefs of a person or group_ 9) _________duty to be in charge and get in trouble if things go wrong 10) ________to tell the public about a product to encourage people to buy 11) ________money that sb asks for goods and services Step2 Warming Up Think about the following questions about common sense 1. The five interlocking（紧密相扣的）rings stand for friendship of five continents. What are they? _____________________________________________________ 2. 2008 Olympic mascot _________________________________ 3. 2008 Olympic national stadium(体育场) _________________________________ 4. Olympic medals ___________ ___________ _____________ 5. How many kinds of the Olympic Games are there in the world? How often are they held? ____________________________ _______________________
6. How many countries competed in the ancient Olympic Games? ____________________________ 7. Who was China?s first gold medal winner and for what event（体育项目）? _______________________________________________ 8. How many names of the sports items do you know? _____________________________________________________ 9. How many gold medals did China get in the 2004 Athens Olympics? 10. How many gold medals did China get in the 29th Olympic Games? A. 50 B. 51 C. 41 D. 40 A. 28 B. 32 C. 29
11. Which city is the host city of the first Olympics? _________________ What about the next Olympics?_________________________________ 12.What?s the motto of the Olympic Games？__________________________ What is the slogan(口号) of the Olympic Games of 2008?_________________________ Step3 Skimming what are mentioned (提及) in the passage? ( ) the ancient Olympic Games ( ) good & bad effects of the OG ( ) the difference between them Step4 Scanning for detailed information 1. Where do all the competitors live? A. A hotel B. A special village C. A restaurant D. A place hired by competitors ( ) the modern Olympic Games ( ) the similarities between them
2. Which of the following is included in the Winter Olympic Games? A. Skiing and ice skating B. Running and races C. Horse riding D. Swimming
3. Why do so many countries want to host the Olympic Games? A. To run faster, jump higher and throw further. B. To get a great honor. C. To make the country famous. D. To make money.
4. Why does Pausanias think people may be competing for money in the modern Olympic Games? A. Because the winner can get medals. B. Because the winner can be awarded lots of money by their own countries. C. Because the olive wreaths have been replaced by medals. D. Because medals are made of gold.
Step 5 Fill in the form Fill in the form about the similarities and differences between ancient and modern Olympics What are the similarities? How often Purpose Belief Competitors Events Both are held _____________________. Both are held not for ______ but for honor. They re the same: ________, ________, ________. _______ are allowed to take part in both ancient and modern Olympics. Some events are the same, such as _________, ____________, __________ shooting and throwing.
What are the differences? Ancient Olympics When and where to start Types of Games Host country Competitors Prize Events Step6 Summary of the interview The Olympic Games are the biggest sports meeting in the world, which include two kinds, the _________and the ________ Olympics. Both of them are _____ every _____ ____. All countries can take part if their athletes reached the ________ to the games. Women are not only _______ to join in but playing a very _________ role. A ______ ______ is built for the competitors to live in, a ________ for competitions, a large swimming pool, a __________ as well as seats for those who watch the games. It?s a great _____ to host the Olympic Games. The Olive wreath has been ________ by medals. But it?s still about being able to run ______, jump ______ and throw _______. Step7 Discussion: Why are there benefits for China to hold the Olympic Games? ___________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ Modern Olympics
阅读理解习作 Below is a web page from Google. Olympic—Modern Olympic Games The completer results archive of summer and winter Olympic games, with winners lists, statistics, national anthems and flags of all countries since 1896. www. olympic. it/english/home-16k Environment Beijing steel plants to run at the lowest level of cost during 2008 Olympics [2007-03-11] Beijing able to treat 90 pct of waste water [2007-02-05] · quality in Beijing has improved over the past six years [2007-02-01]· Air Green Olympics dream coming true … en. Beijing2008.com/80/67/column211716780.shtml-52k Beijing announces planned route of Olympic torch relay Beijing announced the 2008 Olympic Games torch relay route and set off the Olympic Games torch on Thursday. … Green Olympics is one of the three concepts of the Beijing Games. … english.china.com/zh_cn/news/sports/110592227/14069663.html-26k Environmental Symbol of Beijing Olympics —?Green Olympics? Environmental Symbol of Beijing Olympics —?Green Olympics?, officially announced on Saturday, 24 September 2005. The symbol, created using a calligraphic art form, is composed of human and tree-like shapes, … my.opera.com/green_head/blog/show.dml/92155-18k Green Olympics Forum In Beijing 2004 On behalf of BOCOC, Wang Wei, executive vice president of BOCOC, gave a presentation about Green Olympics, introduced the environment protection work of BMC and BOCOC, and answered several questions such as protection of cultural relics … en.beijing2008.com/84/91/article211929184.shtml-36k Olympic Games Quizzes and Olympic Games Trivia Who was the founder of the Modern Olympics? In which cities were the modern Olympic Games due to be held/ scheduled during the ?war years?, i.e., 1916, 1940, and 1944? … In which three years of the Modern Olympic Games were … More questions … www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/sports/ olympic_games.html-12k
OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE OLYMPIC MOVEMENT … aimed at young researchers engaged in scholarly research on the Olympic Movement, its history and values, and the impact of the …[ Full story] SPORT ACCORD[2005-01-23]… www.olympic.org/ Ancient Olympic Heritage and Modern Olympic Games in Athens 2004 As put forward in the various official texts, the Olympic symbols of ancient Olympia, the Olympic flame and the Marathon race are bridges between the ancient and the modern Olympic Games, … www.c2008.org/rendanews/knowledge_detail.asp?id=911-106k 1. When was the environmental symbol of Beijing Olympics made public? A. On January 23, 2005. C. On February 5, 2007. B. On September 24, 2005. D. On March 11, 2007.
2. Which of the following websites is designed for young researchers interested in the Olympics? A. Environment B. Green Olympics Forum In Beijing 2004 C. Olympic Games Quizzes and Olympic Games Trivia D. OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE OLYMPIC MOVEMENT 3. Which website provides a complete list of the winners in the Olympic Games? A. Olympic—Modern Olympic Games B. Green Olympics Forum In Beijing 2004 C. Environmental Symbol of Beijing Olympics —?Green Olympics? D. Ancient Olympic Heritage and Modern Olympic Games in Athens 2004 4. What do we learn from the above web page? A. Beijing has made efforts to improve its air quality. B. The Olympic torch relay route has not been planned. C. The Olympic flag will be on display in Athens. D. A quiz on the Olympics will be held in Beijing. 学后小记:
___________________________________________________________________________________Language Collection Points Step1 Words and expressions
Ancient building Ancient times Ancient cars 2.compete vi. 比赛，竞争，竞赛 compete in…在某方面竞争 compete for…为……而竞争 compete with/against 与……竞争 He competed in the race in the last school sports meeting. Liuxiang will compete with other athletes from countries in the next Olympic Games. The two teams will compete for the championship. competition n 竞赛 3.host vt 主办，举办 competitor n 参赛者 competitive adj 竞赛的 n （待客的）主人
eg: When do you think China will the World Cup? She was away, so her son acted as host. 英语中有许多词汇既可作动词，也可作名词：help, shop, talk 等。 4.take part in (正式) + 运动/ 罢工/ 运动会/ 战争/游戏/ 试验/ 谈话等 join join in attend (非正式)+ 团体, 活动成为一员+ 参军/ 入党/ 入团 (正在进行的活动, 有时=take part in ) (= be present at 出席)
Last weekend I ___________a wedding. Today women are now______________________social activities. Would you like to _____ us _____our game: His brother __________the army last year. 5.interview v＆n ①interview sb. (for a job) Step2 Long sentences 1.Pausanias, who was a Greek writer 2,000 years ago, has come on a magical journey… to find out about the present-day Olympic Games. (P9) ② interview sb. about sth.
Pausanias 是 2000 前的一位希腊作家，他做了一次魔幻的旅行，来打听当代奥林匹克运动会的情况。 go/start/ come/ be on a journey 进行旅行 My father is away on a journey. find out about 弄清有关……的情况 The police are trying hard to find out about the accident. used to write about the Olympic Games a long time ago. used to do 过去常常做．． ． be/get used to (doing) sth. 习惯于 be used to do 被用来做 过去我们常在一起玩． We used to play together. 她习惯睡前喝一杯牛奶． She is used to drinking a glass of milk before she goes to bed. 2.Was he admitted as a competitor to Beijing Olympic Games? be admitted as “作为…被接受” be admitted to/into “让…进入”(school… ) admit doing sth. 承认做某事 admit sb. to do sth. 允许某人做某事 admit sth./sb. to be 承认某人是…… Being admitted into/to the Olympic Games is the dream of every athlete. She_____ admitted__ having read the letter.(承认) He______ was admitted to______ the club after his tenth try. (被批准参加 ). He _______ was admitted as_____a member of the baseball team . (被接收 ) Our Greek cities used to compete against each other just_____ for the honor of ____________winning. for the honor of 为了…的荣誉 in the honor of 为庆祝…/为纪念 … It is an honor (for sb.) to do sth.
某人做某事感到很荣幸 3.For each Olympics, a special village is built for them to live in, a main reception building, several stadiums for competitions, and a gymnasium as well. as well 用在肯定句中，放在句子末尾 too 肯定句中用,放在句子末尾，常用逗号隔开 either 否定句中用，放句子末尾，常用逗号隔开 also 放在特殊动词之后，实义动词之前 I am also a student.=I am a students, too. Lucy didn?t go to the party, either. Tony speaks Japanese as well. She has knowledge and experience as well as well as 常用来连接两个并列的成分，作“也，还”解。它强调的是前一项，后一项只是顺便提及。因此连 接并列主语时，谓语动词与前一项一致；而用 not only ...but also...连接时，谓语动词与后一项一致。 读音规律：admit 这类词的重音落在最后一个音节上，形成了事实上的重读闭音节，过去时和过去分词必 须双写最后一个辅音字母，然后再加-ed。类似的还有: permit-permitted, refer-referred, prefer-preferred 4.Women are not only allowed to join in but (also) play a very important role especially in… allow 可以组成几种短语：
1)allow sb. sth. 允许某人某事； 2)~ sb. in(out) 允许进入（出去）; 3)allow sb. to do sth. 允许某人做某事（不能说 allow to do） ~ doing sth. 允许干某事。 与此类似的动词短语还有：advise sb. to do, advise doing sth. / permit(许可“法令，规章等”) sb. to do, permit doing sth. (encourage 鼓励 / forbid 禁止) eg: Passengers are not allowed to smoke in the waiting room. 在候车室乘客不允许吸烟。 We don?t allow smoking here. 我们不许在这里吸烟。 play a role(part) in “扮演一个角色，在…..起作用” eg: 要管理好学校，校长起着重要作用。 The headmaster plays an important role in the good running of a school. Not only…but (also)可连接各种成分，连接句子时，not only 引起的部分需要倒装。如：Not only do the nurse
want a pay increase, but also they want to reduce(减少) hours. as well as 并列连词 既……又；也；又。可连接两个并列成分，强调其前面的内容，因此连接并列主语时，谓语应与前面的主 语保持人称和数的一致 eg: I as well as my sisters am going to the park for a picnic this Sunday. 还可作“不但……而且“解，相当于 not only…but also,但前者强调的中心在 as well as 之前，后者在 but also 之后。 eg: It is important for you as well as for me. 另外，as well 副词短语，意思为“也”，放在句末。当放在主要动词之前，前面有 may, just 等时，意为“也 好，不妨，还不如” 如：He has not only finished his own work, but helped others as well. 他不仅完成了自己的工作，还帮助了其他人。 You might just as well tell me the truth. 5.There?s just as much a competition among countries to host the Olympics as to host an Olympic medal.在所有 参加竞争奥运会承办权的国家中获胜就如同获得一枚奥运会奖牌。 此句由 as much as 引起，第二个 as 后省略了 a competition among countries Application development (拓展应用 已给出首字母) 1.There were 20,000 players competing _in the 29th Olympic Games. All the competitors_ competed _for___honor as well as medals. More than 500 Chinese athletes_ were admitted to/into the fierce
competition. In preparation for hosting the opening and closing ceremonies( 开,闭幕式)of 2008 Games, Zhang Yimou, who was admitted____ as___ the director, was devoted to it. It was a great honor for him;
meanwhile(同时), he admitted that it was not an easy task. The programes should stand for Chinese culture and the Olympic spirits as well. 2. Finish and enjoy useful sentences. 1).Because she competes with/against no one, no one can compete with/against her. 以其不争，故天下莫能与之争。---老子 2).Defeat never comes to any man until he admits it. 人只要不认输就不会失败.—谚语
3).It is unbearable(难以忍受的) to meet ,and to depart(分离) as well. 相见时难别亦难 4).I close my eyes when thinking that one day , someone else can replace me in your heart…
我会发着呆然后忘记你 /接着紧紧闭上眼 /想着那一天会有人代替---------周杰伦《轨迹》 5).If you ask me how much I love you, the moonlight stands for my heart! 齐秦《月亮代表我的心》 6).The most important thing is to take part in the games. 7). Friendship comes the first, competition the second. The ability to raise Make a speech Is it being the host of the Olympic Games good or bad ? make……famous attract tourists new buildings, roads, sports halls…… make……beautiful develop economy enlarge influence expensive developing a waste of mone ------Olympic Motto ------Olympic Motto
copyright ©right 2010-2020。