1. Who did Mr Cheng __________ the room? A. asked to paint B. order painted C. has painted D. have paint 2. You’ll have no one __________ you unless you are ready to help oth
er. A. to help B. helping C. help D. helped 3. Breakfast is __________ in the dining-room from 8:00 to 9:30 a. m. A. served B. made C. cooked D. eaten 4. The girl told her mother that she had __________ the room thoroughly, but __________ nothing at all. A. searched for / found B. searched / found C. searched for / searched D. found / searched 5. She’d rather not __________ than __________ him. A. marry / marry B. got married / married to C. marrying / to marry D. to marry / be married with 6. The accident __________ for a new car, because the old one was destroyed. A. sent me looking B. made preparations C. kept me from looking D. sent me to look 7. My brother is very tall, the little bed won’t __________ for my brother. A. prepare B. care C. fit D. do 8. The professor’s speech soon got us __________. A. think B. thinking C. thought D. to think 9. The fish I had for lunch hasn’t __________ me. A. fit for B. agreed on C. agreed with D. agreed to 10. The books still __________ where I __________ them a week before. A. lied / laid B. lay / had laid C. lay / lain D. lie / lain 11. Much time is spent __________ the exam. A. succeeding on B. to succeed in C. in succeeding on D. succeeding in 12. I __________ the coat for 250 yuan. A. cost B. paid C. spent D. bought 13. The enemies came out with their hands __________. A. rising B. raised C. lift D. risen
14. She insisted that I __________ there alone ,but I insisted she __________ wrong. A. go / was B. should go / be C. go / should be D. went / was 15. –This doesn’t __________ me. Do you have a larger one? --Sorry, but the color is different. Does it __________ you? A. fit / suit B. suit / fit C. fit / fit D. suit / suit 16. He __________ the examination but failed. A. attempted B. attended C. sought D. managed 17. I’ve visited a lot of different places and stayed in a lot of different hotels, but nothing else __________ this one. A. wins B. matches C. makes D. takes 18. –Did you tell Mike the news? --No. What does it __________? A. mean B. say C. matter D. care 19. The long climb __________ our power of endurance(忍耐). A. tested B. examined C. checked D. measured 20. Coal __________ cook our food, when I was young I __________ a lot of coal every day. A. used to / am used to dig B. uses to / used to dig C. is used to / used to dig D. gets used to / used to dig 21. Every minute should be made use of __________ for the Party. A. work B. working C. to work D. the work 22. While in his college days he used to __________ long hair. A. have B. wear C. keep D. grow 23. Many things __________ impossible in the past are common today. A. considering B. to consider C. considered D. being considered 24. –Have you moved into the new house? --Not yet. The rooms __________. A. are fitting up B. have been fitted up C. are being fitted up D. have fitted up 25. After the fire very little of the house __________ standing. A. remained B. kept C. rested D. left 26. –You __________ to take part in the party. --Sorry, I __________ by the accident. A. are supposed / delays B. were supposed / am delayed C. have been supposed / delayed D. had been supposed / was delayed
第 1 页 共 4 页
27. Being a driver, you should be able to __________ all kinds of traffic signs. A. read B. see C. make D. look at 28. Oh, it’s you. I’m sorry I __________ know you __________ here. A. don’t, are B. didn’t, are C. didn’t, were D. don’t, were 29. If city noises __________ from increasing, people __________ shout to be heard even at the dinner table 20 years from now. A. are not kept, will have to B. are not kept, have C. do not keep, will have to D. do not keep, have to 30. The students __________ busily when Miss Brown went to get a book she __________ in the office A. had written, left B. were writing, has left C. had written, had left D. were writing, had left 31. When I was at college I __________ three foreign languages, but I __________ all except a few words of each. A. spoke, had forgotten B. spoke, have forgotten C. had spoken, had forgotten D. had spoken, have forgotten 32. –We could have walked to the station. It was so near. --Yes. A taxi __________ at all necessary. A. wasn’t B. hadn’t been C. wouldn’t be D. won’t be 33. The water will be further polluted unless some measures __________. A. will be taken B. are taken C. were taken D. had been taken 34. –We haven’t heard from Jane for a long time. --What do you suppose __________ to her. A. was happening B. to happen C. has happened D. having happened 35. On Saturday afternoon, Mrs Grs Green went to the market, __________ some bananas and visited her cousin. A. bought B. buying C. to buy D. buy 36. I __________ the bad cold for a week, still I can’t get rid of it. A. caught B. have caught C. have D. have had 37. Li Lei could have come to give us a hand, but he __________. A. didn’t B. hasn’t C. hadn’t D. wasn’t going to 38. The girl sitting next to me on the plane was very nervous because she __________ before. A. hasn’t flown B. wasn’t flying C. hadn’t flown D. didn’t fly
39. I __________ the time __________ so quickly. A. didn’t realize, had passed B. don’t realize, passed C. haven’t realized, passed D. hadn’t realized, had passed 40. Mother asked him not to trouble me with so many questions if I __________ Japanese. A. studies B. is studying C. would study D. was studying 41. The pen I __________ I __________ is on my desk, right under my nose. A. think, lost B. thought, had lost C. think, had lost D. thought, have lost 42. In some parts of the world, tea __________ with milk and sugar. A. is serving B. is served C. serves D. served 43. The police found that the house __________ and a lot of things __________. A. had broken into, has been stolen B. had broken into, had been stolen C. has been broken into, stolen D. had been broken into, stolen 44. –Jane has just arrived. --I didn’t know he __________. A. is coming B. was coming C. had been coming D. will come 45. They asked me to have a drink with them. I said that it was at least ten years since I __________ a good drink. A. had enjoyed B. was enjoyed C. enjoyed D. had been enjoyed 46. I first met Lisa three years ago. She __________ at a radio shop at the time. A. has worked B. was working C. had been working D. had worked 47. It’s nearly seven o’clock. Jack __________ be here at any moment. A. must B. need C. should D. can 48. If you really want yourself to be in good health, you must __________ always __________ so much. A. not, be smoking B. not, have smoked C. not, to smoke D. be not, smoking 49. –Daisy has just come back for Xi’an and she looks very happy. --She __________ her trip very much. A. might enjoy B. should have enjoyed C. must have enjoyed D. must enjoy 50. Michael __________ be a policeman, for he is much too short. A. needn’t B. can’t C. should D. may
第 2 页 共 4 页
51. –Please don’t make a noise. --__________. I’ll be as quiet as a mouse. A. Yes, I won’t B. No, I won’t C. No, I will D. Yes, I will 52. – I knew she was in because I heard her radio, but she didn’t open the door. --She __________ the bell. A. may not hear B. may not have heard C. mustn’t have heard D. must not hear 53. The meeting has begun. You __________ leave now. A. won’t B. will C. shan’t D. shall 54. __________ I go or__________ you go yourself? A. Will, will B. Shall, shall C. Shall, will D. Will, shall 55. There used to be a church in the west of the town, __________? A. didn’t there B. usedn’t to there C. used there D. usedn’t to there 56. You __________ have the book as soon as I finish it. A. will B. must C. can D. shall 57. Professor Li, many students want to see you. __________ they wait here or outside? A. Do B. Will C. Shall D. Are 58. –Have you ever traveled abroad? --No, never. I would do it if I __________ have the chance. A. can B. should C. might D. need 59. We used to work in the same office and we __________ have coffee together. A. would B. should C. could D. might 60. It will not be long before that young man __________ A. will meet B. has met C. meets D. would meet 61. We will not come to any decision until we __________ a chance to discuss the problem thoroughly. A. are having B. had C. have D. will have 62. “Is this the last exam we have to take?” “Yes, but there __________ another test three months from now.” A. will have B. is C. was D. will be 63. That son of your aunt’s __________ noises! What a nuisance(讨厌的人)！ A. always makes B. will always makes C. always made D. is always making 64. “What were you doing when Anna phoned you?” “I __________ my work and __________ to take a bath.”
A. had finished, started B. have finished, to start C. had finished, was starting D. have finished, have started 65. “Sara left for New York this morning.” “Oh, I thought she __________ until next week.” A. won’t be going B. wasn’t going C. isn’t going D. hadn’t been going 66. Wouldn’t it be better if we __________ a car? A. bought B. had bought C. have bought D. buy 67. You shouldn’t have asked the boy to run across the street to buy cigarettes, he __________ by a passing car. A. may be knocked down B. might have been knocked down C. should have been knocked off D. will have been knocked down 68. It was for the first time that he __________ to the party. A. invited B. had been invited C. has been invited D. was invited 69. Tom told me that he __________ John and __________ him the message already. A. met, gave B. has met, gave C. had met, gave D. had met, given 70. I __________ my dictionary to Mary, who __________ to borrow it last Monday. A. lent, had come B. had lent, had come C. have lent, came D. have lent, had come 71. The local peasants gave the soldiers clothes and food without which they __________ of cold and hunger. A. would B. will die C. would be dead D. would have died 72. They won’t buy any new clothes because they __________ money to buy a colour TV set. A. save B. were saving C. have saved D. are saving 73. –“I __________ to write a letter to John this morning, but I __________ no time,” said Tom. A. hoped, have B. hoped, had C. had hoped, have D. had hoped, had 74. “I have our tickets.” “That’t good. I was afraid that you __________ them.” A. forgot B. have forgotten C. will forget D. had forgotten 75. You __________ walk for miles and miles among the hills without meeting anyone.
第 3 页 共 4 页
A. must B. need C. may D. should 76. He was busy, or he __________ her more help. A. had given B. would give C. could have given D. gave 77. He __________ his parents about his failure in the exam. A. dares not tell B. dare not to tell C. dare not tell D. dares not to tell 78. You __________ to the meeting tomorrow if you have something more important to do. A. don’t need come B. shan’t need come C. needn’t come D. needn’t to come 79. I can’t find Dr Lopez anywhere in the office building. Where __________ he have gone? A. must B. can C. should D. need 80. Somebody __________ here only this morning. A. must be B. must have been C. can be D. should have been 81. She __________ have stopped her work halfway. A. ought to not B. ought not to C. not ought to D. does not ought to 82. I enjoyed the movie very much. I wish I __________ the book from which it was made. A. have read B. had read C. should have read D. am reading 83. You are late. If you __________ a few minutes earlier, you __________ him. A. came, would meet B. had come, would have met C. come, will meet D. had come, would meet 84. Let’s say you could go there again, how __________ feel? A. will you B. should you C. would you D. do you 85. I can’t stand him. He always talks as thought he __________ everything. A. knew B., knows C. has known D. had known 86. The Bakers arrived last night, if they’d only let us know earlier, __________ at the station. A. we’d meet them B. we’ll meet them C. we’d have met them D. we’ve met them 87. The law requires that everyone __________ his car checked at least once a year. A. has B. had C. have D. will have 88. The librarian insists that John __________ no more books from the library before he returns all the books he has borrowed.
A. will take B. took C. take D. takes 89. I do not have a job. I would find one but I __________ no time. A. had B. didn’t have C. had had D. have 90. He insisted that we all __________ in his office at one o’clock. A. be B. to be C. would be D. shall be 91. “Would you have told him the answer had it been possible?” “I would, but I __________ so busy then.” A. had been B. were C. was D. would be 92. If only the weather __________ fine! A. be B. is C. was D. were 93. I must punish the child lest he __________ the same mistake again. A. should make B. makes C. would make D. made 94. Don’t take the younger kids out for a walk right after the nap. I’d rather you __________ them out before supper. A. took B. take C. will take D. have taken 95. “What will you do during winter vacation?” “I don’t know, but it’s about time __________ something.” A. I’m deciding B. I’ll decide C. I’d decided D. I decided 96. __________ every word of his were true, what action would the committee wish to take? A. As if B. Since C. Suppose D. When 97. It is desired that we __________ everything ready by tonight. A. will get B. would get C. should get D. will have got 98. I would have invited her to the party but I __________ her well. A. don’t know B. didn’t know C. doesn’t know D. hadn’t know 99. But for water, it __________ impossible to live in the desert. A. is B. was C. were D. would be 100. __________ it __________ for your help, I couldn’t have made any progress. A. Had, not been B. Should, not be C. Hadn’t, been D. Were, not
第 4 页 共 4 页
copyright ©right 2010-2020。