第三节：语法和词汇知识（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从每小题的 A,B,C,D 四个选项中，选出能填入每一空白处的最佳选项。 11. He is the only one of the students who ___ for human rights for three years. A. argues B. argue C. have argued D.
Has argued 12. Only when those conditions are right ___ a communist society. A. there will really be B. we will really be C. will there really be D. really we’ll have 13. -What do you think made Mary so upset? ---____ her new bicycle. A.As she lost B. Lost C. Losing D. Because of losing 14. I don’t know the word . I had to ____ a doctionary. A. look for B. make out C. refer to D. go over 15. I have been to Beijing twice, but I still want to go there ___ time. A. the third B. a third C. for the third D. for a third 16.It’s believed that if an event is ___，it will surely ___ the reader. A. astonished , astonish C. astonishing, astonish B. astonishing, be astonished D.astonished, be astonished
17. Don’t leave the water ___ while you brush your teeth. A. run B. running C. being run D. to run 18. His advice couldn’t help ____ her health, so she couldn’t help ____. A. improve , cry B. improving, cry C. improve, crying D. improving, crying 19.If you hurry up, I think it quite ____ that you will catch the flight to Hong Kong . There are 40 minutes left. A. probably B. likely C.possibly D. certainly 20.Mary ___ politics in the university but now she is going into bussiness. A. majores in B.majority C. major D. major in 21. -It’s careless of you to have left with all the lights burningin the room last night. ---My God ! _____ A.So were you B. So was you C. So did you D. So I did 22.Their daughter ___ a key university this year, which made their parents very satisfied. A.admittet to B. was admitted C. was admitted into D.admitted 23. In ___ most countries, a university degree can give you ____ flying start in life. A. the, a B. the , / C. / , / D./ , a 24.She is very dear to us . We have been prepared to do ____ it takes to save her life. A. Whichever B. however C. whatever D. whoever 25.The boy regretted ___ so many hours ____ computer games. A.to waste , playing B. having wasted, to play C. wasting, to play D. having wasted, playing 第四节：完型填空： （共 20 小题，每个 1。5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面的短文，从短文后各题的 A,B,C,D 四个选项中，选出能填入对应空白处的最佳选项。 Disneyland opened on July 17, 1955 and instantly became the world’s most recognizable and popular theme park. This was the only Disney theme park visited by Walt Disney, who died in 1966. Disneyland is 26 one hour south of Los Angeles, California. You may get there by air or by bus. Disneyland 27 most of its visitors from 28. So avoid weekends and school vacations to get the 29 waits. The period before or after Christmas Day is the busiest of the 30, with the park often
held more extra guests each day. Whenever you visit, 31 early - about an hour 32 the opening time - to get the popular attractions before crowds 33. Disneyland also 34 tickets online, but does not allow you to 35 them at home. So you’ll have to order far enough 36 for them to arrive by mail. Tickets 37 also be available through your local auto club, Disney Store or your school or work activities office. Space Mountain 38 in early July, 2005 after a two-year rehab (修复) to rebuild the track and improve show 39. If you are travelling with little kids, you’ll want to visit Fantasyland first in the morning, 40 several popular kids’ rides in that area, 41 Dumbo and Peter Pan, have low capacities (容量) and build long 42 early in the day. 43, head west to Adventureland and New Orleans Square 44 the park opens, visiting the Indiana Jones Adventure and Splash Mountain, 45 coming back to the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. 26. A. limited 27. A. pleases 28. A. villages 29. A. shortest 30. A. time 31. A. leave 32. A. after 33. A. avoid 34. A. sells 35. A. reserve 37. A. ought 38. A. opened 40. A. when 41. A. unluckily 42. A. rows 43. A. If not 44. A. where 45. A. now B. located B. organizes B. foreigners B. busiest B. week B. plan B. until B. build B. shows B. keep B. must B. reopened B. since B. waits B. In a word B. that B. and C. day C. arrive C. past C. break C. sends C. copy C. in order C. will C. closed C. as C. places C. As a result C. how C. just D. then C. circled C. draws C. students D. expanded D. benefits D. locals D. biggest D. year D. book D. before D. combine D. collects D. print D. in turn D. may D. reduced D. because of C. especially D. normally D. passages D. What’s more D. when
36. A. in advance B. in case
39. A. possibilities B. changes B. unexpectedly
C. developments D. effects
第二部分：阅读理解： 第一节：阅读下面四篇短文，从每小题后所给的四个选项中，选出最佳选项。 A The latest research suggests that the key factor separating geniuses（天才）from the merely accomplished is not I.Q., a generally bad predictor of success. Instead, it’s purposeful practice. Top performers spend more hours practising their craft. If you wanted to picture how a typical genius might develop, you’d take a girl who possessed a slightly above average language ability. It wouldn’t have to be a big talent, just enough so that she might gain some sense of distinction. Then you would want her to meet, say, a novelist, who coincidentally shared some similar qualities. Maybe the writer was from the same town, had the same family background, or shared the same birthday. This contact would give the girl a vision of her future self. It would give her some idea of a
fascinating circle who might someday join. It would also help if one of her parents died when she was 12, giving her a strong sense of insecurity and fuelling a desperate need for success. Armed with this ambition, she would read novels and life stories of writers without end. This would give her a primary knowledge of her field. She’s be able to see new writing in deeper ways and quickly understand its inner workings. Then she would practise writing. Her practice would be slow, painstaking and error-focused. By practising in this way, she delays the automatizing process. Her mind wants to turn conscious, newly learned skills into unconscious. Automatically performed skills. By practising slowly, by breaking skills down into tiny parts and repeating, she forces the brain to internalize a better pattern of performance. Then she would find an adviser who would provide a constant stream of feedback, viewing her performance form the outside, correcting the smallest errors, pushing her to take on tougher challenges. By now she is redoing problems-how do I get characters into a room-dozens and dozens of times. She is establishing habits of thought she can call upon in order to understand or solve future problems. The primary quality our young writer possesses is not some mysterious genius. It’s the ability to develop a purposeful, laborious and boring practice routine; the latest research takes some of the magic out of great achievement. But it underlines a fact that is often neglected. Public discussion is affected by genetics and what we’re “hard-wired” to do. And it’s true that genes play a role in our capabilities. But the brain is also very plastic. We construct ourselves through behaviour. Ks5u 46. The passage mainly deals with . A. the function of I.Q. in cultivating（培育）a writer B. the relationship between genius and success C. the decisive（决定性的）factor in making a genius D. the way of gaining some sense of distinction 47. By reading novels and writers’ stories, the girl could A. come to understand the inner structure of writing B. join a fascinating circle of writers someday C. share with a novelist her likes and dislikes D. learn from the living examples to establish a sense of security 48. In the girl’s long painstaking training process, ________. A. her adviser forms a primary challenging force to her success. B. her writing turns into an automatic pattern of performance C. she acquires the magic of some great achievement D. she comes to realize she is “hard-wired” to write 49. What can be concluded from the passage? A. A fuelling ambition plays a leading role in one’s success B. A responsible adviser is more important than the knowledge of writing. C. As to the growth of a genius, I.Q. doesn’t matter, but just his/her effort. D. What really matters is what you do rather than who you are. B HONG KONG - Hong Kong Disneyland is too crowded, a senior Chinese tourism official said .
today, hinting that another Disney Park is necessary to accommodate demand from China’s huge population. The comments by Shao Qiwei, director of China’s State Administration of Tourism, came a day after Shanghai’s mayor Han Zheng said the city was preparing to build China’s second Disney theme park. “China has a very large population. We now have 1.3 billion people. The market is very large. As far as I know, Hong Kong Disneyland is now very crowded,” said Shao, whose comments were broadcast on Hong Kong’s Cable TV. The Hong Kong theme park, which opened in September, was widely criticized in January when it turned away hundreds of Lunar New Year holiday makers from mainland China because the park was full. Chaos(混乱) erupted when angry crowds tried to force their way into the park. The embarrassing incident prompted a public apology from Hong Kong Disneyland Managing Director Bill Ernest and a dressing down from Hong Kong’s leader Donald Tsang. Authorities are carefully studying the issue of overcrowding in preparation for the possible building of the Disney park in Shanghai, Shao said. The official Xinhua News Agency reported Tuesday that no agreement has been reached on the park in Shanghai, quoting senior vice president of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Leslie Goodman. Hong Kong Disneyland is a joint venture between The Walt Disney Co. and the local government, which shouldered the bulk of the park’s construction fees. 50. Why is it necessary to build a Disney park in Shanghai? A. Hong Kong Disneyland can’t meet the need of the large population. B. Hong Kong Disneyland is too small and very crowded. C. Hong Kong Disney Park was criticized by tourists. D. Hong Kong Disneyland is far from the mainland. 51. Hundreds of visitors from Mainland China got angry because ________. A. the services in the park were not as good as expected B. they were not allowed to go into the park C. the park was too crowded D. chaos happened at the entrance to the park 52. The building of a Disney park in Shanghai ________. A. has been agreed to by The Walt Disney Co. B. is financed The Walt Disney Co. C. will be in the charge of the Shanghai government D. remains to be discussed with The Walt Disney Co. C The Hampton Inn Boone hotel is in the attractive Blue Ridge Mountains, just minutes from four ski areas. Our hotel is less than three miles from Appalachian State University, Boone Mall, and Boone Golf Club. Within those same three miles, you can eat at the historic Dan'l Boone Inn, Makoto's Japanese Steakhouse and many others. Guest Accommodations Hampton Inn is a value-priced hotel. Here you'll find clean, fresh, comfortable rooms standard with a coffee maker, iron and ironing board, and wonderful in-room movie channel.
Enjoy good local calls and no surcharge (附加费)for using a calling card. Guests also enjoy the following items: high speed internet access in every room, wireless internet access in the lobby (前厅) and public areas, coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hours a day, and USA Today(R) copies (available from Monday to Friday). Hampton also offers a 24-hour front desk, message and fax service. If you're not 100% satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our promise. Directions & Transportation From Hwy 221 S. - Follow 221 S. to Newland and make a left on to Hwy 105 at entrance to Grandfather Mountain. The hotel is 15 miles on the right. From Hwy 321N - Follow 321 N. into Boone. Turn left onto Hwy 105 at the Wendy's. The hotel is one block down on the left. From Hwy 321S - Turn right onto Hwy 105. The hotel is one block on left. Hotel Policies: Check-In: 3:00PM / heck-Out: 11:00AM Pets: No Pets Allowed 53. Which of the following Hwys is closest to the Hampton Inn Boone hotel? A. Hwy 221 S. A. go skiing B. Hwy 105 B. play golf C. Hwy 321S C. go shopping D. Hwy 321N D. raise pets 54. If staying in the Hampton Inn Boone hotel, one CAN’T ________ conveniently. 55. The main purpose of writing this text is to ________. A. introduce the advanced equipment in a hotel B. share some information about a good hotel C. attract more people’s attention to a hotel D. announce a travelling plan D There is a common belief among parents that schools are no longer interested in spelling. No school I have taught in has ever considered spelling unimportant as a basic skill. There are, however, quite different ideas about how to teach it, or how much priority (优先) it must be given over general language development and writing ability. The problem is, how to en?courage a child to express himself freely in writing without holding him back with spelling. If spelling becomes the only point of his teacher’s interest, clearly a bright child will be likely to “play safe”. He will write only words within his spelling range (范围). That’s why teachers often encourage the early use of dictionaries and pay attention to content rather than technical ability. I was once shocked to read on the bottom of a sensitive piece of writing about a personal experience:“This work is terrible! There are far too many spelling mistakes.” It may have been a sharp criticism(批评) of the pupils technical abilities in writing, but it was also a sad thing for the teacher who had omitted (略过) to read the composition, which contained some beautiful expressions of the child’s deep feelings. The teacher was not wrong to draw atten?tion to the mistakes, but if his priority had centered on the child's ideas, an expression of his disappointment with the presentation would have given the pupil more hope to seek improve?ment. 56. Teachers differ in their opinions about ____, ` A. the difficulties in teaching spelling B. the role of spelling in general language development C. the importance of the basic writing skills D.the necessity of teaching spelling
57. The expression “play safe” probably means ____. A. to write carefully B. to do as teachers say D. to avoid using words one is not sure of C. to use dictionaries frequently
58. Teachers encourage the use of dictionaries so that____. A. students will be able to express their ideas more freely B. teachers will have less trouble in correcting mistakes C. students will have more trust in writing D. students will learn to spell words correctly 59. The writer seems to think that the teacher’s judgement on that sensitive piece of writing is____. A. reasonable B. unfair C. foolish D. careless 60. The major point discussed in the passage is _______. A. the importance of developing writing skills B. the importance of spelling C. the correct way of marking composition D. the relationship between spelling and the content of a composition 第二节：根据文章内容，从下面 A-F 选项中选出能概括每一段主题的最佳选项，选项中有一项为多余。 A.Unwillingness to recognize differences B.Poor division of responsibilities C.Children’s overdependency on others D.Inability to resolve conflicts and disagreements E.Disagreement on children’s education F.Insufficient emotional support Fimaly problems come in all shapes and sizes;some are short-lived and easily managed,while others are more chronic and difficult to handle.Stress points include events such as illness and injury, changing jobs, changing schools, moving and finacialdifficulties. Each family develops its own ways of coping with these stresses,some of which work better than others.Unsuccessful coping can be recognized by a number of characteristic, including the following: 61. This usually occurs because family members avoid discussing problems or even avoid admitting that problems exist.Some families just have not learned the skills of negotiating or, for some other reason, cannot let go of bad or hurt feelings. Children are likely to pattern their behavior after their parents” behaviour and may learn to refuse to talk about feelings and problems. 62. Families often have not decided how family responsibilities will be divided among family members.When that happens, family life can become chaotic, and many things do not get accomplished. At the other extreme, some families are not flexible at all, and family members do not help one another out or fairly reassign responsblities as family circumstances change 63. Families are , especially for children, the most important source of emotional support. During the middle years, children find it hard to obtain this emotional support outside the family.
Children do not perform or develop well without this support. 64. Families function best when the individuality of each family member is acknowledged and appreciated. At the least,even if someone else’s personal traits or characteristics are not highly valued, each family member needs to toleratethese traits and respect that individual. Otherwise children are likely to have a difficult time developing a health self-image , and they wil have low self-esteem and poor social skills. 65. Children need to succeed in order to feel capable of successfully managing life’s stresses and challenges. If they are taught or encouraged to reply on others( within the family or outside it) to solve their probles, they will have low self-esteem and limited initiative and will have trouble succeeding in the world. 第三部分：写作 第一节：单词拼写（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 根据下列各句句意和空白后的汉语提示词，在答题卡指定的横线上写出对应单词的正确形式，每空只写一 词。 1.Lin Qiaozhi was a ______ (专家) in women’s illness. 2.He ____ ( 表达) his thoughts clearly to me. 3.He is _____ ( 晒黑 ) from a day on the beach. 4.The document will be ______ ( 传给 )to all the members. 5.Soon news spread ____ ( 遍及 ) the country. 6.The dictionary is ____ ( 特别 ) usefull for beginners. 7.In our country ___ （点头）the head is usually to say “Yes”; while shaking it is tosay “No”. 8. He ____（ 道歉 ）to me for stepping on my foot. 9.___ ( 广告 ) is one of good ways in selling their products. 10.The railroad station is in the ___ ( 中央 ) part of the city. 第三节：书面表达（满分 30 分） Smith 先生是一位加拿大籍教师，今天他给你们做了一个讲座，介绍了有关加拿大的情况。请你根据先生 的讲座，写一篇报告，向全校同学介绍加拿大的有关情况。词数不少于 100. 要点包括： 1.加拿大约占世界四分之一的陆地面积， 是世界第二大国： 2.人口稀少， 全国人口约 3200 万，居民主要讲法语和英语； 3.气候区域差别很大； 4.多湖泊，淡水资源丰富； 5.丰富的森林资源，是世界最大纸张出口国。 参考答案 语音知识:DACBC 情景对话：DFBEG 单项选择：11-15 DCCCB 16-20 CBCBA 21-25 DCDCD 完形填空：26-30 BCDAD 31-35 CDBAD 36-40 ADBDC 41-45 CBADD 阅读理解:46-50CABDA 51-55BDBDC 61.D 62. B 63. F 64. A 65. C 单词拼写：1. specialist 2. communicate 3. sunburnt 4. expanded 5. throughout 56-60 BDABD
6. particularly 7. nodding 8. apologized 9. Advertising 10. central 书面表达参考： Today Mr. Smith , from Canada gave us a lecture about his country. As the second largest country in the world , Canada covers about a quarter of the world’s land area. But its population is very small, about 32 million. People in Canada mainly speak French and English. The weather in Canada is quite differeet from area to area. There are many lakes in Canada, which supply it with one third of the world’s fresh water. Canada also has many forests, which makes it the biggest producer of paper in the world
copyright ©right 2010-2020。