Let’s try to make sure about…
复合句 A. 定语从句与同位语从句 B. 定语从句与主从、宾从和表从
D. 定语从句与并列句 E. 定语从句与非谓语动词
1. when, where, why在定从和同从中的应用
1) We haven’t yet settled the question ___we are going to spend our summer vacation on 1st Oct.
A. when B. where C. that D. which
2) I’ll never forget the day___ I joined the League. on which A. when B. that C. in which D. which
3) The reason ___he moved to the USA is not
clear to me.
for which for his moving to … A. why B. that C. when D. which
4) We haven’t found out the problem __the
computer was out of order.
A. why B. that C. which D. whether
小结: 相同点:when, where, why在定从中和 同位语从句中均充当状语成分 不同点：when, where, why在定从中有 相应的先行词，可表示为介词＋关系代词； 而在同从中无相应先行词，不可表示为介 ＋关系代词
用that/ which 填空
1) We all have heard the news____our team won.
2) We don’t believe the news______he told us (that/which) yesterday.
3) The police ruled out the possibility______Justin told them. that 4)The police ruled out the possibility_______Justin was taken away by the aliens.
小结: 定语从句与先行词是修饰关系,关系代 词that\which在从句中做主,宾，表等成分, 从句成分不完整; 同位语从句与被解释词是解释说明关 系,连接词that在句中不作成分,从句成分完 整.
3. 关于point, situation, condition, case等引起的从句. 1) Mr.Green took up the story at the point__the thief had just made off with the jewels. 偷取某物 A. where B. which C. as D. when 2) I feel uncomfortable each time I remember the situation__Mary didn’t agree with me__the matter. A. that, over B. in which, over C. which, about D. where, to 3) If you were in a situation __five of us only had one life jacket, what would happen? A. where B. which C. when D. that
小结:先行词point, situation, condition, case等时,多用where引导定从.
There’s one point______ we must insist on.
B. 定从与主从,宾从和表从 1.定从与主从 不论谁在公共场所随意吐痰都该被罚 Whoever spits in public should be punished. Anyone who spits in public should … 无论他做什么都不会对我有什么影响. Whatever he does makes no difference to me. Anything that he does makes no …
填空： what 1) He told us ____ had happened 10 years before. (that) 2) He has told us all _______ he experienced abroad. 小结 :what = something that all that = what 错题再现： 1) Our hometown is no longer __ she was 20 years ago. A. that B. which C. where D. what
2) The place ___ the bridge is supposed to be built should be __ the cross-river traffic is the heaviest. A. which, where B. at which, which C. at which, where D. which, in which 3) No one believed his reason for being late ___ he was caught in a traffic jam, ___ made him embarrassed. A. that, which B. why, which C. why, what D. that, what 4)___ is known to all is that the old scientist, for __life was hard in the past, still works very hard in his eighties. A. As, whom B. What, whom C. It, whose D. As, whose
小结： 1.用什么样的关系词或连接词，均要在从句中分析 查找。关系词和连接词存在某种转化关系： What= all that / something that Whatever= anything that Whoever = anyone who 2. 高考考查的趋势是多种复合句的融合，而非单一 句法的考查。
1. Mr. Smith has three sons, none of ___is a computer expert. who 2. He has three sisters, ______ are doctors. them 3. She has three CDs, but none of _____is interesting. them 4. I have many friends, and all of ____ are nice and friendly. 5. Miss Yang has some relatives here ; they ______like her very much.
并列句由and, but, or, so, while 等并列连词连接， 或用分号分隔。而定语从句与主句无以上现象。
1)He paid the boy $10 for washing the windows, which most of ______ hadn’t been cleaned for at least a year.
2) He paid the boy $10 for washing the windows, them and most of _____ hadn’t been cleaned for at least a year. 3) He paid the boy $10 for washing the windows; them most of _____ hadn’t been cleaned for at least a year.
D. 定语从句与强调句 区别where与that where 1) It is the house ______I met the young man. that 2) It was in the house ______ I met the young man. where 3) Is it Guangming Theatre ______ you are going to watch the famous play? 区别when与that when 1) It was five o’clock ______ the accident happened. that 2) It was at five o’clock _____the accident happened. when 3) Was it 12：00 pm. _______ you arrived home last night?
3. 定语从句与强调句的情景化区别 1) --- Where did you get to know her? --- It was on the farm __we worked. A. That B. where C. which D. there 2)--- I can’t find my textbook, where could it be? ---Is it in the computer room ___ we were yesterday___ you left it? A. that, where B. where, where C. that, that D. where, that 3)---He was nearly drowned once. ---When was ___? ---___was in 1988___he was in middle school. A. that, it, when B. this, this, when C. this, it, that D. that, it, that
4) It is the young man ___ looked for ___ caught the murderer. A. that, who B. that, they C. they, that D. they, which
5) It is the ability to do the job, not __you come from or ___you are, __ matters. A. that, where, that B. where, what, that C. that, there, what D. which, which, what
E. 定从与非谓语动词 1. 限制性定从与非谓语动词 A student of English ___ limited exercises finds it hard to get a good mark in an exam. A. is used to deal with B. used to deal with C. is used to dealing with D. used to dealing with A student of English who is used to dealing with limited exercises finds it hard to…
小结： 限制性定从与非谓语动词作定语存在相互转化关系, 作 题时适当运用这种转化利于看清句子的结构。
Her husband died, which made her live a hard life. Her husband died, making her live a hard life. so she lived a hard life.
1. Read the sentences in the test paper. 2. Go over the next part.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。