Unit2 English around the World
(Warming Up and Reading) 知识目标（Knowledge aims）
1. Get students to learn about the difference between British English and American English. 2. Enable st
udents to know the development of English language. 3. Practice Ss’ reading and speaking skills.
1. Develop Ss’ reading ability and let them learn different reading skills. 2. Make sure the Ss master some reading skills, such as skimming and scanning. 3. Enable Ss to understand and learn about the history of English language. 4. Enable Ss to talk about The Road To Modern English.
1. Stimulate students’ interests of learning English by reading. 2. Develop students’ sense of group cooperation and teamwork. 3. Make the students know the importance of co-operation.
教学重点（Teaching important points）
1. Let students learn more about the development of English language. 2. Develop students’ reading and speaking skills. 3. Let students read the text carefully and understand the text deeply.
教学难点（Teaching difficult points）
1. Learn the basic method of reading. 2. Enable students to talk about the history of English language.
教学过程(Teaching procedures) Step 1 Leading-in and warming up
Ask Ss to discuss in groups about the following questions: 1. Why should I learn English? 2. Which countries use English as the official/ native / foreign language? 3. What are the two main kinds of English?
Step2 Fast reading
Ask Ss to scan the text and then choose the best answer according to the text.
Step3 Careful reading
1. Ask Ss to read the text carefully and find out the topic
sentence for each paragraph. 2. Read the text carefully and decide whether the statements are true or false. 3. Group work Ask Ss to work in pairs and find out the time order of the development of English language, then make a timeline.
Language can change with time.
time Language change and develop When cultures meet and communicate with each other. place
1. Try to collect more words which can show the difference between British English and American English. 2. Finish the exercises on WB. 3. Prepare for the next class.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。