The teaching of the unit11 Friendship
1. To develop students ’ basic skills of
listening,speaking,and reading .Reading is the focus in this lesson. Teaching Aims: 2.
To encourage students to practice and co-operate in the classroom activities. 3. To get students to know something about friendship and have a better understanding of the importance of making friends.
To learn some useful words and expressions and to develop students ’ basic skills of listening,speaking,and
reading .Reading is the focus in this lesson.
To encourage students to practice and co-operate in the classroom activities.
1.A multi-media computer system 2.Blackboard
Greet the students as usual.
2. Lead in Friends play an important part in our lives. Do you want to make new friends? What should a good friend be like? Pair work;
happy honest kind friendly humorous loyal group work Teaching procedure clever strong
Read and learn the words above and use them to describe the person correctly.
3. Show some pictures and explain different kinds of friends. We may have many friends,in fact,people may have different kinds of friends,such as class work school friends,work friends, sports friends such as playmate and chess partner.
4. Explain “best friends” or ”close friends” One may have many good friends and only one best friend. “Best friends” or ”close friends” are usually people who have known each other for a long time.A close friend is someone
who is able to share joys and sorrows with you.This is a person you can rely on when you need help,and this is the person to whom you are willing to lend a helping hand.
5. Friendship is one of life’s greatest treasures.Yet, it would be too much to expect a friend to do everything for you. As a French writer said,“Don’t walk in front me---I may not follow.Don’t walk behind me---I may not lead,Just walk beside me---and be my friend.”
6. Reading Comprehension Read and understand the text Friends ” “Making
and decide whether the
following statements are T(true) or Teaching procedure F(false) according to the text. ( )1.We may get on well with many Individual work people,but we make friends with only a few of them. ( )2.People have different kinds of friends. ( )3.Close friends are those who can class work Pair work
share joy and sorrow with you. ( )4.A good friend is someone who will do anything for you. ( )5.A chess partner is not a friend.
7. Important expressions
Individual work class work will the read ask
play a part in---
get on well with--the number of--rely-on--lend---a hand .
a number of--- teach students twice,then
get angry with
one student to read,finally will ask I the to
write down them on notebooks. 8. Language study Do an exercise with these phrases above and I willcheck if they can use them correctly. Put the Chinese in the brackets into English to complete the their
following sentences (1)____________( 许 多 )families have their own houses and cars. (2)We haven’t got enough rooms for all the students to stay in.You have to ______a room_____（共用）other three students. (3)Women___________________（起重要作用）in the development of our country. Teaching procedure (4)We are still students now.We have to_________（依靠）our parents to live and to study. (5)Any time I see someone in trouble,I am willing
to______________（帮他一把）. (6)The teacher________________（生我的气）yesterday because I was late for class again
9. Homework After class,read the text again.
Read and learn the expressions of this part. 10.Say goodbye to everyone.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。