考试时间 120 分钟，满分 150 分。
共 105 分)
一、听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节 （共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相
应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一 小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What does the man prefer to drink? A. Tea. B. Coffee. C. Cold water. 2. What does the man dislike? A. Flying. B. Driving. C. Traveling. 3. What does the man say about the blouse? A. It’s of good design. B. It’s up-to-date. C. It’s old-fashioned. 4. When will the man meet Mr. Smith? A. At 1:45 p.m.. B. At 2:00 p.m.. C. At 2: 15 p.m.. 5. What is probably wrong with the man? A. He has caught a cold. B. He has got an upset stomach. C. He ate something bad. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题 6. What is in the middle of Victoria Square? A. A large clock. B. A golden statue. C. A big fountain. 7. How is the woman going to the square? A. On foot. B. By bus. C. By taxi. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题 8. What are the speakers mainly talking about? A. A date. B. A net friend. C. A meal. 9. What do we know about the woman? A. She often chats with Jacky online. B. She will follow the man’s suggestions. C. She told Jacky nothing about herself. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题 10. Where does the conversation most probably take place? A. In the woman’s friend’s house. B. In a school. C. In a police station. 11. How long has Max been away from home? A. Two days. B. A whole day. C. The whole morning. 12. What colour shoes does Max wear? A. Red. B. Blue C. White.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题 13. Where does the woman come from? A. America. B. Canada. C. Australia. 14. Which place does the woman suggest the man visit? A. Bondi Beach. B. Opera House. C. the Blue Mountains. 15. What do we know about the small hotels in Sydney? A. They are well-equipped. B. Some of them can be found on-line. C. Most travelers like to stay in them. 16. What is the best way to travel around according to the woman? A. The bus. B. The car. C. The air. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题 17. Why did the speaker move to Florida? A. She went to university there. B. Her mother had to work there. C. Her father wanted to live there. 18. What did the speaker use to do in New York? A. She went bowling. B. She played in the fields. C. She went to an under-20 club. 19. What does the speaker think of Florida? A. Exciting. B. Awful. C. Safe. 20. What do we know about the speaker? A. She is 15 years old. B. She misses Katie very much. C. She repeated her name several times on her first school day in Florida. . 第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 单选填空（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从 A、Ｂ、Ｃ、Ｄ四个选项中，选出填入空白处的最佳选项，在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。 21. As ______ unemployment is very high at the moment, it ’s very difficult for people to find ______work. A. the；/ B. /； / C. the； a D. an； the 22. — Who is making so much noise in the garden? — ______ the children. A. It is B. They are C. That is D. There are 23. Yesterday I was walking downstairs when I missed my foot and had a bad fall, nothing serious, ______. A. even B. either C. then D. though 24. It’s said that there are plenty of hotels in that town. There ______ be any difficulty for you to find somewhere to stay. A. wouldn’t B. mustn’t C. shouldn’t D. needn’t 25. It’s no longer a question now ______ man can land on the moon. A. that B. which C. whether D. what 26. — If you like I can do some shopping for you. — That’s very kind of you for your ______. A. service B. offer C. point D. suggestion 27. Some plants can take in carbon dioxide we breathe out and give ______ oxygen to us. A. in case B. in turn C. in return D. in addition 28. The form cannot be signed by anyone ______ yourself. A. rather than B. better than C. more than D. other than 29. ______ at failing in the math exam, John wouldn’t like to talk about it to his parents. A. Disappointed B. To be disappointed C. Disappointing D. Having disappointed
30. — Is Paul playing both soccer and tennis for the school? — He ______. But now he has given up playing tennis. A. is B. has C. was D. had 31. — Put these glasses away before they______. — OK, I’ll put them in the cupboard. A. have broken B. are breaking C. get broken D. will be broken 32. — Are you a member of the club? — . It’s years since I . A. Yes; was B. No; was C. Yes; had been D. No; became 33. — What do you mean saying “ The boy is overgrowing ”? — I mean that he is tall his age. A. about; with B. as to; for C. by; for D. by; to 34. — My son failed to be accepted by the firm after the interview. — Now that he wasn’t well prepared, he might as well ______. A. not try B. not to have tried C. not to try D. not have tried 35. John has put on so much weight recently that his mother has to ______ all his trousers to his measure. A. let out B. give away C. bring in D. make up 第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后所给各题的四个选项（A、B、C、D）中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A little boy invited his mother to attend his school’s first teacher-parent meeting. To the little boy’s 36 , she said she would go. This would be the first time that his classmates and teacher 37 his mother and he felt 38 of her appearance. Although she was a beautiful woman, there was a severe scar that 39 nearly the entire right side of her face. The boy never wanted to 40 why or how she got the scar. At the meeting, the people were 41 by the kindness and natural beauty of his mother 42 the scar, but the little boy was still embarrassed and 43 himself from everyone. He did, however, get within hearing of a conversation between his mother and his teacher. The teacher asked 44 , “How did you get the scar on your face?” The mother replied, “ 45 my son was a baby, he was in a room that 46 fire. Everyone was 47 afraid to go in because the fire was 48 , so I went in. As I was running toward his bed, I saw a long piece of wood coming down and I placed myself 49 him trying to protect him. I was knocked 50 but fortunately, a fireman came in and saved both of us. ” She 51 the burned side of her face. “This scar will be 52 , but to this day, I have never 53 what I did.” At this point, the little boy came out running toward his mother with tears in his eyes. He 54 her in his arms and felt a great sense of the sacrifice that his mother had made for him. He held her hand 55 for the rest of the day. 36. A. enjoyment B. disappointment C. sorrow D. joy 37. A. noticed B. greeted C. accepted D. met 38. A. sick B. ashamed C. afraid D. tired 39. A. included B. passed C. covered D. shaded 40. A. talk about B. think about C. care for D. hear about 41. A. impressed B. surprised C. excited D. comforted 42. A. in sight of B. by means of C. by way of D. in spite of 43. A. hid B. protected C. separated D. escaped 44. A. carefully B. seriously C. nervously D. anxiously 45. A. As B. When C. Since D. While 46. A. caught B. set C. lit D. made 47. A. so B. much C. quite D. too
48. A. out of control B. under control C. in control D. over control 49. A. under B. at C. to D. over 50. A. helpless B. hopeless C. senseless D. useless 51. A. pointed B. showed C. wiped D. touched 52. A. ugly B. lasting C. serious D. frightening 53. A. forgot B. recognized C. considered D. regretted 54. A. grasped B. held C. put D. caught 55. A. quietly B. slightly C. tightly D. suddenly 第三部分：阅读理解（共两节；满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题：每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将 该项涂黑。 A Imagine that you are in school, giving a speech to your class. Now think what it feels like when stammering (口吃) makes it a struggle to communicate your thoughts and feelings to other people. The King’s Speech, which won the best picture at the Academy Awards in March, 2011, focuses on stammering along with other speech-related problems. The movie tells the story of Britain’s King George VI, who became king after his brother Edward VIII gave up the crown to marry an American woman. As a result of British actor Colin Firth’s performance, people are starting to realize that stammering can damage a person’s self-confidence and cause him or her to escape from life. “The serious problem is unseen and unheard,” said Norbert Lieckfeldt, an expert at the British Stammering Association, in an interview with a news reporter. “Stammering masks your ability,” he said. “It's a serious disability.” Most stammerers face bullying (欺负) in school, something that is “usually carried over into the workplace”. George VI’s stammer took away his confidence as a speaker. But Samantha Mesango, a speech coach based in the UK, believes that speech problems are more common than most people realize. “Some simply don’t like the sound of their own voice; others are scared of speaking in public,” she said. Travis Treats from St．Louis University praised The King’s Speech. He said it shows that “how one’s speech does not mean what one is inside”. He also added that people who stammer need to be heard and our society should recognize that they have a lot to give to the world. 56. The author writes the first 3 paragraphs to . A. show how harmful stammer is for common people B. introduce a famous movie winning great awards C. tell the story of the king who suffers from stammer D. draw readers’ attention to the problem of stammer 57. We learn from the passage that . A. stammerers face bullying in school but not in the workplace B. Edward VIII gave up his crown because he was a stammerer C. stammerers should be understood and can contribute to the world D. the sufferings caused by stammer haven’t been found yet 58. According to Norbert Lieckfeldt, ． A. the voice of stammering people cannot be heard B. people who stammer do better in work than school C. there are a lot of things that stammering people can give to us
D. the serious problem of stammering remains unseen and unheard 59. The paragraph that follows the last will probably talk about ． A. the success the king made by overcoming stammer B. the medical treatments given to the stammerers C. doctors’ opinions upon the serious stammer problem D. how popular the movie The King’s Speech will become B Have you ever wished that you could make your little sister ’s teddy bear talk to her? Or have you ever wanted to bring a puppet (木偶) to life? If so, you may be interested in learning the art of ventriloquism (腹语术). A ventriloquist can make an ordinary object seem to be alive by giving it a personality, movement, and speech. Your object can be a puppet, or a doll. Give your new “friend” a name, and then decide on the personality that he will have. The next step is to give your friend movements that agree with the personality you have chosen. Now you can learn to make your “friend” talk. A ventriloquist will control his mouth and lips so that it will appear that his voice is coming from the object he is using. This will take practice, but you can do it. First, decide on a voice that is different from your own. It could be higher or lower than yours, or could even have a special accent. Then, find a clean teaspoon and hold the handle between your front teeth. Now, using the voice you created for your friend and holding the handle of the teaspoon tightly between your teeth, look into a mirror and talk. Practicing with the spoon in your mouth will help you learn to keep your mouth from moving. Now try telling a joke in your normal voice and have your friend speak in his voice. Practice those words until you can say them without your lips moving at all. Ventriloquism is fun. It also requires hard work to become good at it. The most important thing to do is practice. But if you are willing to take the time to give your friend an interesting personality, to practice lively movements, and to work on good mouth control, then you will be well on your way to becoming a ventriloquist! 60. According to the text, a ventriloquist . A. is a person who can make puppets B. needs to work with another person C. can speak without using his mouth D. can make an object seem to speak 61. You need to hold the handle of a teaspoon between your front teeth so that . A. your voice will change B. your mouth won’t move C. you can look humorous D. you can feel your mouth’s movements 62. If you want to be good at ventriloquism, you . A. need to spend much time practicing B. must learn from famous ventriloquists C. should learn at least one special accent D. must have a great doll to practice with 63. What would be the best title for the text? A. How to tell jokes B. How to make puppets
C. Secrets of ventriloquism D. Tips on making friends C Weekend Miracles Weekend Miracles give children aged 9 and older in the Children’s Center the opportunity to visit a host family who partners the child to find the child a permanent family. The host family arranges activities that the child will enjoy and introduces the child to their circle of friends—in order to develop a lasting connection with someone. Organization: Kidsave International Location: the United States Duration: 2 days to 6 weeks Web Designer Needed We need the skills of a Web designer to help us redesign our website. The project will be fun and fulfilling, and give much needed visibility (能见性) to our grass-roots projects that are serving children and mothers in every corner of the world. Organization: Children’s Fund Location: the United States Duration: 3 weeks to 2 months Living Miracles Doctors and dentists are needed as volunteers at Shechen Medical Clinic in Nepal for two months or longer. In Tibet, we need doctors for only 1-2 months. Dentists can come for one month or longer. Please understand that modern conveniences are not available here. Organization: Dilgo Khyentse Fellowship Location: Nepal Duration: 21 days to 6 years Teaching English to Children in India The Salus Foundation, Inc. needs help from volunteers, teachers, college students or recent college graduates trained in ESL, or who are willing to be trained in ESL to teach English to the students at the Sulaxim School. Organization: The Salus Foundation, Inc. Location: India Duration: 6 weeks to 9 months Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Cameroon In Defense of Animals in Africa needs help from highly motivated, mature volunteers who care about the conservation of great apes and are willing to live in an isolated, challenging, French-speaking environment for six months to benefit our future generation. Organization: In Defense of Animals in Africa Location: Cameroon Duration: 6 months 64. We can infer from the passage that . A. serving children in every corner of the world is the Web designer ’s duty B. volunteers going to Cameroon should be able to speak French C. more dentists are needed than doctors in Nepal D. the time you work in one of these places can be changed
65. Which of the following fields is NOT mentioned in the passage? A. Health B. Education C. Politics D. Wildlife conservation 66. Which of the following is suitable for John, an American college student, who wants to learn about the lives of children in other countries? A. Weekend Miracles B. Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Cameroon C. Web Designer Needed D. Teaching English to Children in India 67. The purpose of Weekend Miracles is mainly to help children . A. enlarge their circle of friends B. learn more about the outside world C. find a family who is willing to raise them D. get chances to communicate with other children D In my opinion, there is only one legitimate (合法的) handgun sport and that is aim practice. It is practiced at objects which are properly monitored and usually quite safe. Only certain handguns are true “sporting weapons”, seen as such by the sport’s lovers. On the other hand, shooting at tin cans and other small objects in one’s backyard is not and should not be considered a serious sport. When uncontrolled, it can be a very dangerous practice. Some opponents (反对者) of handgun control have stated that we are out to stop all hunting and that controlling the handgun would severely affect hunting. That is simply untrue. Handgun control would in no way limit the freedom of the true hunter. Few if any hunters consider the handgun an effective hunting weapon. There are a few hunters who do hunt with handguns, but most states place restrictions (限制) on the type of guns that can be used in hunting, the reason is that killing of game should be done in as humane (人道的) a way as possible. Some small handguns are more likely to wound the animal rather than kill it at once. Only long guns, rifles and shotguns are effective arms of hunting. People must understand that handguns and hunters are separate matters. Because most of the hunters use a rifle or shotgun, there is no reason why their search for game and sport should be affected by handgun control. Mixing the anti-hunting matter with the handgun matter confuses the killing of animals with killing of people. 68. In the writer’s opinion, people should use handguns only when . A. hunters shoot at animals B. they aim at a criminal C. objects are under control D. objects are only small tin cans in the backyard 69. According to the writer, hunting is not affected by handgun control because . A. hunters can use knives rather than guns to hunt animals B. state government encourages hunters to use other guns C. nobody cares what weapons are used to kill animals D. most hunters use rifles rather than handguns 70. This passage mainly talks about . A. the relation between hunting and handgun control B. the importance of aim practice C. how handgun control affects hunting D. different types of guns used in hunting
第二节(共 5 小题：每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 注意：涂卡时，如答题卡上没有 E、F、G 选项，请按如下方式填涂：选 E 涂 AB；选 F 涂 BC； 选 G 涂 CD。 Before going outside in the morning, many of us check a window thermometer (温度计) for the temperature. This helps us decide what to wear. 71 We want our food to be a certain coldness in the refrigerator. We want it a certain hotness in the oven. If we don’t feel well, we use a thermometer to see if we have a fever. We keep our rooms a certain warmth in the winter and a certain coolness in the summer. Not all the thermometers use the same system to measure temperature. We use a system called the Fahrenheit scale. But most other countries use the Centigrade scale. Both systems use the freezing and boiling points of water as their guide. 72 The most common kind of thermometer is made with mercury (水银) inside a clear glass tube. As mercury ( or any other liquid ) becomes hot, it expands. As it gets colder, it contracts (收缩) . That is why on hot days the mercury line is high in the glass tube. 73 First, take a clear glass juice bottle that has a cap; fill the bottle with colored water. Tap a hole in the center of the cap using a hammer and thick nail. Put the cap on the jar. Then stick a plastic straw (吸管) through the nail hole. 74 Finally, place a white card on the outside of the bottle and behind the straw. Now you can see the water level easily. 75 As the temperature goes down, the water will contract, and the level in the straw will come down. Perhaps you will want to keep a record of the water level in the straw each morning for a week. A. We use and depend on thermometers to measure the temperature of many other things in our daily lives. B. Thermometers measure temperature, by using materials that change in the same way when they are heated or cooled. C. Now that you know this rule you can make a thermometer of your own that will work. D. The water will rise in the straw. As the temperature of the air goes up, the water will expand and rise even higher. E. They label these in different ways. On the Fahrenheit scale water freezes at 32 degrees and boils at 212 degrees. On the Celsius scale water freezes at 0 degrees and boils at 100 degrees. F. Take wax ( you may use an old candle if you have one ) and melt some of it right where the straw is stuck into the cap to seal them together. G. People use thermometers which are made by themselves when travelling around the world.
共 45 分)
一、单词拼写 (共 10 小题; 每小题 1 分,满分 10 分) 1. Yet the _____ (大多数) of these employees have no voice, especially when it comes to their own safety. 2. The idea _____ (被想到) to him in a dream.
3. So if someone asks you out, never ______ (犹豫). 4. There are some obvious ______ (实际的) applications of the research. 5. She was shocked by the violent scenes she had _____ (目击). 6. The plan was so _____ (肤浅) that no serious attempt was ever made to realize it. 7. We received a letter of ______ (道歉). 8. The exhibition is held ______ (每年). 9.The bank is ______ (在…对面) the supermarket. 10. I had to join a _____ (队，行列) for the toilets. 二、短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 下面短文中有 10 处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。请在有错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个 单词。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（ ） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉。 修改：在错的词下面画一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2.只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 There are different train ticket for people to choose from when traveled by train. They may want to buy a single ticket and a return ticket. A single ticket allows them enjoy more freedom at their destination while a return one not only is cheaper but also save them the trouble of buying the ticket when they decide to return. Some people prefer hard seats to soft one. Young people like to have hard seats because en jo y th e c o mp a n y o f o th e r p ass en g ers is wh at th e y n eed d u rin g a jo u rn e y. Businessmen would not like to have soft seats. They want to have a good rest. When they get off the train, they were still energetic and can rapid go on to do their jobs.
三、写作（满分 25 分） 假设你是高三学生李华，开学之初，你们新换了英语老师 Ms Li。 她希望了解每位同学 的英语学习情况，并征求教学建议。请按以下要点用英语给她写一封信。 1、对英语学习的认识; 2、自己目前的英语水平; 3、自己英语学习存在的主要问题; 4、对英语教学的两点建议。 注意： 1、词数 100 左右; 2、信的开头和结尾已给出。
Dear Ms Li, I’m very happy to have you as our English teacher. ------------------------------------------
Thank you! Li Hua
听力 单选 完形 阅读 一、 1-5 CABCB 21-25 BADCA 36-40 BDBCA 56-59 DCDA 6-10 ABABC 26-30BCDAC 41-45ADAAB 60-63 DBAC 11-15 BCACB 16-20 ABACC 31-35CBCDA 46-50ADADC 51-55DBDBC 64-67 BCDC 68-70 CDA 71-75 AECFD
1. majority 2. occurred 4. practical 5. witnessed 7. apology 8. annually 二、第一行：ticket—tickets; traveled—traveling 第四行：save---saves 第六行：enjoy---- enjoying 第八行：were---are; rapid---rapidly 三、One Possible Version: Dear Ms Li, I’m very happy to have you as our English teacher. As the world is becoming a global village, English is getting more and more important, so mastering English means we can see the world through a new window. My English is just OK and the two main problems in my study are that I feel it difficult to learn words by heart, and that I often feel nervous when speaking English. I really hope that you can give me good advice on how to memorize new words. Another suggestion is to give us more chances to practice speaking. I believe we can make much progress in English with your help. Thank you! 3. hesitate 6. shallow 9. opposite 10. queue 第二行：and--- or； them 后加上 to 第五行：one--- ones 第七行：去掉 not
- 10 -
copyright ©right 2010-2020。