成都市 2013 届高中毕业班第一次诊断性检测 英语
本试卷分选择题和非选择题两部分。第 I 卷(选择题)1 至 8 页，第 II 卷择题)9 至 10 页， 共 10 页；满分 150 分，考试时间 120 分钟。 注意事项： 1. 答题前，务必将自己的姓名、考籍号填写在答题卡规定的位置上。 2. 答选择题时， 必须使用 2B 铅笔将答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑,如
需改动， 橡 用 皮擦擦干净后，再选涂其它答案标号。 3. 答非选择题时，必须使用 0.5 毫米黑色签字笔，将答案书写在答题卡规定的位置上。 4. 所有题目必须在答题卡上作答，在试题卷上答题无效。 5. 考试结束后，只将答题卡交回。
第 I 卷(选择题，共 90 分)
第一部分英语知识运用(共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节语法和词汇知识(共 10 小题;每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项 中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上涂黑。 1. The teacher has to _____ the two students as they are always talking in class. A. pick up B. set up
C. split up
D. use up
2. David Cameron was elected A. /; a B, the? a
Prime Minister to lead Britain to _____new time. Ca； the D. a； /
3. Parents are doing all they _____to help their children achieve their ambitions. A. shall B. can C. may
D. need at the meeting the other day. D. was adopted
4. A new approach to the traffic problem A. adopts B. is adopted
5. The church _____ from the 18th century is under repair at present. A. dates B. to date C. dated D. dating
6. In our school there are 200 computers, _____60% need replacing.
A. of them
B. of which
C. in them
D. in which
7. Actually, the London Olympic Park is built _____there used to be a poor area called East London. A. what B. when C. where D. why
8. —Which cup do you like ，Tommy? — .I think they're both ugly, A. Nothing 9. —How's B. None C Either D. Neither
your project work going ，Jack?
—_____I'm half finished with it. A. So far so good B. It's up to you C. Never mind D. Forget it 10. Before her first Harry Potter story came out in 1997, J. K. Rowling English for a living in Portugal. A. is teaching B. had taught C. has taught D. would teach
第二节完形填空(共劝小题；每小题 1. 5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选壞，并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。 One day, our teacher ，Mr. Sims ，announced that the destination of the seventh grade field trip would be the amusement park. The classroom buzzed with 11 _____ as the girls discussed what they would wear and what they should bring with them. I sat back and listened，12 _____ that my parents did not have the money to send me. It made me 13 _____ to feel so left out. But not Danny. He 14 _____ told everyone that he wouldn't be going. When Mr. Sims asked him why, Danny stood up and 15 _____ ，“It's too much money right now. My dad hurt his back and has been out of 16 _____ for a while. I'm not asking my parents for money. ” Sitting back down in his seat, Danny held his head up proudly, even though 17 _____ had begun. I could only shrink in my 18 _____，and surely those whispers must be about me when they found out I
would not be going either. “Dan ，Fm very proud of you for understanding the 19 _____ that your parents are in. Not
every student of your 20 _____ has that ability”，Mr. Sims replied. 21 _____. riot everyone accepted Danny after that day ，he won 22 _____ the respect of many of us, I was especially 23 _____ by how he didn't back down under peer pressure. For so long, I could never 24 _____ to my friends that I couldn't afford to go somewhere. 25 _____，in order to continue to 26 _____ in. I lied about why I couldn't do things and 27 _____ with excuse after excuse. By standing up and admitting he was poor ，Danny changed my life. His self-confidence made it 28 _____ for all of us to understand that what his parents had or didn't have did not 29 _____ who he was. After that, I no longer felt I had to lie about my family's situation. And Danny， 30 _____ because of his courage and honesty than his great looks ，is someone I will never forget.
11. A. amazement 12. A. sensing 13. A. depressed 14. A. gladly 15. A. shouted 16. A. work 17. A. teaching 18. A. shadow 19. A. situation 20. A, class 21. A. Since 22. A. up 23. A. shocked 24. A. announce 25. A. However 26. A. join 27. A. came up 28. A. harder 29. A. conclude 30. A. rather
B. excitement B. knowing B. worried B. shyly B. complained B. duty B. debating B. coat B. pain B. age B. As B. out B. persuaded B. admit B. Otherwise B. take B. broke up B. easier B. show B. other
C. disappointment C. finding C. unsatisfied C. simply C. lied C. order C. whispering C. desk C. danger C. grade C. Unless C over C. impressed C. apologize C. Instead C. give C. put up C. clearer C. determine C. better
D. encouragement D. saying D. scared D. rudely D. stated D. control D. understanding D. seat D. trouble D. group D. Although D. back D. confused D. prove D. Also D.fit D. got up D. better D. cause D. more
第二部分阅读理解(共两节，满分 50 分) 第一节阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项，并在 答题卡上将该项涂黑。（共 20 小题;每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） A On August 16, 1977, Elvis Presley saved me. The previous afternoon, I played with my six-year-old peers in Heather Peters? backyard. I
was enjoying my cake, when Heather asked me where my sleeping bag was. Only then did I know this party was a sleepover. The word " sleep-over" to a six-year-old bed-wetter is like what “cancer” means to an adult. But what if I told them I was a bed- wetter? At least with cancer, people gather at your bedside instead of running from it. I thought of a way to escape. I would explain that I needed my mother's permission to spend the nights But as I called my Mom, Heather stood beside me to listen. She granted permission ！ Then I would be sleeping in the same living room as the other girls. I didn't bring my own pajamas (睡衣)，so Mrs. Peters offered me Heather's pajamas. As the other girls drifted into their sweet dreams, I tried to stay awake. “Do I need to go again? I'll stay up to go one more time..”， Of course ，I finally fell asleep. The next morning ，I was the first to wake up. I was warm! I lay in panic for what seemed like hours before the other girls started to wake up. I did the only thing I could do—I pretended that the bed-wetting didn't happen. I got up ，took off Heather's pajamas and changed into my clothes like the other girls. Mrs . Peters walked into the room, and before she could say anything, she stepped right onto the pile of my wet pajamas. My heart stopped as I watched her face burn red. “WHO DID THIS?” She screamed, with a look so scary. Should I answer? And that was when it happened—Mr. Peters came in and grabbed his wife ，??Elvis Presley died!” The news of the King's death overtook Mrs. Peters, and I ,was spared. I got home without the other girls knowing what had happened. 31. The author had to spend the night at Peters' because _____ A. she enjoyed her cake there : B. her mother asked her to do so C. the famous singer Elvis Presley died that night
D. she and her friends were having a sleepover party 32. Mrs. Peters got angry because _____ A. she found the wet pajamas B. Elvis Presley died that morning
C. her husband grabbed her
D. all the girls slept at her house
33. From the story ，we know Mrs. Peters was _____ A. a crazy woman C. a woman for perfection B. a fan of Elvis Presley D. a fan of girls ，pajamas
34. The best title for the passage would be _____. A. How I Escaped Mrs. Peters' Punishment B. How Elvis Presley Saved My Life C. An Embarrassing Situation D. An Unforgettable Party B Our travel experts are eager to assist you with your cheap flight tickets and package deal bookings. Call us for cheap air ticket deals on flights from all UK airports. Cheap Flights to New York The inspiring skyline of Manhattan is an unforgettable sight when first glimpsed. and New York is a city that knows how to attract the visitor. Visit the Statue of Liberty, take a horse-drawn carriage round Central Park ，take a photo at Times Square ，see a show on Broadway, or explore Chinatown Book your cheap flight to New York from ? only. 459 Cheap Flights to San Francisco San Francisco is a big city with a small-town charm delighting its visitors. This “City by the Bay，，has a gorgeous ocean setting, wonderful architecture, and the Golden Gate Bridge that dominates the landscape. There's so much to see and do. You can enjoy a ride in a cable car, visit fashionable Nob Hill and Union Square. And the city's long-established Chinatown are essential. There's no shortage of amazing nightlife with restaurants, night clubs ，and bars of every description. Book your cheap flight to San Francisco from ? only. 564
Cheap Flights to Sydney Surf, sand and sun sum up this vibrant city like no other. Famous for its golden beaches and truly world-class surf ，Sydney offers the best outdoor activities. A lively centre for business as well as arts ，the city is a wonder with cafe culture ，charming nightlife ，and an exciting restaurant scene. You can learn to surf at Manly, swim at Icebergs pool ，and take a dip in the ocean at Bondi Beach. You can also dip into the Opera House for a concert, explore the Botanical Gardens ，and take an early-dinner sunset cruise on the lovely Sydney Harbor to watch the city light up. Book your cheap flight to Sydney from ? only. 796 Did you know that booking flight ticket and hotel together could save you up to 40% on your total travel cost? Ask our expert travel agent to quote you on a package deal to New York, San Francisco, Sydney and save big. Hurry! Call us now to get this cheap flight deal. Call Southall Travel 24/7 to book cheap flights. 35. If you like to enjoy wonderful nights with friends, you'll probably book the ticket to _____ A. New York or San Francisco C. Chinatown or Bondi Beach B. New York or Sydney D. Sydney or San Francisco
36. According to the author, Sydney is best known for_____. A. its beaches and surfing C. the Opera House 37. How can you book the flight tickets? A. By phone. C. With a personal visit. B. On the Internet D. Through a hotel. B. its business as well as arts D. the Botanical Gardens
38. What is the main purpose of the passage? A. To introduce three famous cities. C. To introduce some travel experts. B. To attract tourists to book flights. D. To recommend tourist activities.
Humans： It's time to abandon Earth or race extinction. It could be the plot of a summer blockbuster (巨片），but this prediction isn't science fiction. It's a glimpse of the future ，according to famous British scientist Stephen Hawking. “I see great dangers for the human race，，，he said in an interview with global forum Big Think. ??There have been a number of times in the past when its survival has been a question of touch and go. ” “I believe that the long-term future of the human race must be in space”，he said. “It will be difficult enough to avoid disasters on planet Earth in the next hundred years ，let alone the next thousand, or million. ” Hawking ， who was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom last year, has recently voiced many concerns about the future of life on Earth. "If aliens visited us ，the outcome would be as much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans，” he said. “Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads (游牧者） looking to conquer (征服） colonize whatever planets they ， and can reach. ” But Hawking says he's still hopeful for the future of humanity. He told Big Think. "We've made remarkable progress in the last hundred years. But if we want to continue beyond the next hundred years ，our future is in space.” Getting to another planet will prove a challenge ，not to mention colonizing it for humanity. Katherine Freese from University of Michigan told Big Think that “the nearest star to Earth is Proxima Centauri which is 4. 2 light years away. That means ，if you were traveling at the speed of light the whole time, it would take 4. 2 years to get there —or about 50,000 years using current rocket science.” 39. Humans are advised to abandon Earth mainly because _____. A. aliens will take up our home planet soon B. it was discussed in the forum Big Think
C. many scientists like Hawking concern it D. many disasters will happen on the Earth 40. Thinking about the future of humans, Hawking feels that _____ A. humans can't live on the earth any longer B. the earth will not be habitable for humans C. other planets are ready for humans to reach D. aliens are the biggest future threat to humans 41. What is the writer's key point in the last paragraph? A. It is impossible to get to another planet in space. B. It is urgent for Hawking to develop the space science. C. The near future can't see human's move to another planet. D. The planet Proxima Centauri is far away from the earth. 42. This passage is most probably taken from _____ A. a conference interview C. a history book B. a science fiction D. a forum report D They can be seen more frequently than ever before on college campuses ，wearing flannel (法兰绒）and thick-framed glasses while listening to the music produced by small independent company. One might find them playing unusual musical instruments, shopping at second- hand stores or expressing themselves in other unique ways. They call themselves hipsters. Being “hip，，used to mean following the latest fashion. But gradually the word has become a sign of “being cool ，unique and unusual". Hipsters value independent thinking ，progressive politics ，an appreciation of creativity and intelligence. Hipsters take pains and pride in not being mainstream. However ，their culture has become quite trendy. This irony (讽剌）is central to their culture and offers an interesting conflict. “I do take things in the mainstream with a positive attitude”，says Ben Poison, a college
student at Brown University. But I sometimes also question what determines popularity, especially regarding music. ” Poison represents many hipsters. When less-known bands become popular they often lose their former fan base in exchange for a new one. There is a famous hipster saying that goes： “I used to like that band before it got popular”. Poison quoted According to Poison, bands ，music changes when they go mainstream. They become “less experimental, doing things just to save popularity and fans. The original elements that we were drawn to slowly disappear for the sake of popularity. ” Many young adults have started to view hipsters， outlook as cool and they are adopting hipsters ，anti- mainstream culture mind to themselves. This has led to specialized brands ， stores and music for the hipster consumers. But on the other hand ，some such stores, including clothing labels Urban Outfitters and American Apparel, have gained mainstream popularity. This has seemingly made the anti-mainstream culture become weaker. “A lot of people that are self-defined hipsters aren't really hipsters, they're just trying to act as hipsters to seem cooler，” says Amanda Leopold ，a college student from Oberlin College, US. Although Leopold has many unusual tastes and seems quite individualist, she refuses to classify herself as a hipster. 43. In the passage, hipsters refers to people _____ A. who are fans of a particular music B. who study in different colleges C. who appear cool and unusual D. who try to attract others 44. According to the author, _____. A. hipsters are the pioneers of the mainstream B. hipsters are unhappy with the mainstream C. hipsters? culture exists mainly in music field D. hipsters ，culture can also become popular .
45. What is the main idea of the 7th paragraph? A. Urban Outfitters and American Apparel are famous clothing labels. B. Hipster consumers have more specialized brands ，stores and music. C. Anti-mainstream culture can become mainstream popularity. D. The culture of hipsters is becoming more and more terrible. 46. When describing hipsters, the author speaks ____ _____. A. in an ironic voice C. in an angry voice B. in an objective voice D. in a funny voice E Young children are trusting of commercial advertisements in the media, and advertisers have sometimes been accused of taking advantage of this trusting outlook The Independent Television Commission ，regulator of television advertising, has criticized advertisers for “misleadingness”，in an effort to control advertisers ，use of techniques that make it difficult for children to judge the true size, action ，performance, or construction of a toy. Fantasy is one of the common techniques in advertising that could mislead young audience. In children's advertising, advertisers are more likely to include fantasy than advertisements aimed at adults. In a content analysis of Canadian television, the author Stephen Kline observed that nearly all commercials for character toys featured fantasy play. Children have strong imaginations and the use of fantasy brings their ideas to life, but children may not be adept enough to realize that what they are viewing is unreal Fantasy situations are frequently used to attract children's attention, particularly in food advertising. Advertisements for breakfast have been found to be especially fond of fantasy " techniques. Generally, there is uncertainty as to whether very young children can distinguish between fantasy and reality in advertising. The use of pop stars such as singers and movie stars is common in advertising. The intention is for the positive qualities of the popular to be transferred to the advertised product and for the two to become linked in audience's mind. In children's advertising ，the pop stars are often vivid figures from popular cartoons. In recent years- the role of pop stars in advertising to children has
often been combined with the concept of host selling. Host selling involves advertisements with regular programming in a way that makes it difficult to distinguish one from the other. Host selling occurs ，for example, when a children's show about a cartoon lion contains an advertisement in which the same lion promotes a breakfast. The psychologist Dale Kunkel shows that the practice of host selling has reduced children's ability to distinguish between advertising and the program material. Meanwhile，he also shows some other tricky advertisements. 47: What can we learn about the fantasy technique from the passage? A. It is especially used in advertising toys. B. Children are likely to mistake it for reality. C. Young children are quite aware of its tricks, D. It makes it hard for children to judge how much a toy costs. 48. The underlined word “adept”in the passage is closest in meaning to _____ A. responsible B. patient C. skillful D. curious
49. In an advertisement ，a cartoon lion is used for _____ A. the promotion of a product C. the fantasy of a lion B. the lovely nature of a lion Di the regular program
50. What would the following paragraph most probably be about? A, Development in advertising, C. Children and advertisment B. Misleading advertised toys. D, Another ill technique for advertising.
第二节根据对话内容， 从对话后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项， 然后将答案 写 到答题卡相应的位置上。选项中有两项多奈 1 项。（共 5 小题;每小题 2 分， 满分 10 分） A： Hi, JohrL Haven't seen you for ages. What's?up? B： 51 _____ A； Oh, wish you good luck! B： Thanks. Can you give me some tips of a coming interview? A： 52 _____ B： How do I do that?
A： First, firmly shake the interviewer's hand while greeting him or her with a smile and keep eye contact. B： 53 _____ A； Yes, the second thing is to have confidence. You get confidence from being prepared. , B： What should I do for that? A： 54 : _____ B： Should I recite my answers? A： No, you should sound natural when you speak. B： 55 _____、 A: No，either let them bring out the topic of money or else wait for a second interview. B： Okay ，I'll try as you say.
A. Any more tips? B. Should I ask about the salary? C. What else should I keep in mind? D. I've been busy with job hunting recently. E. Try to recite as many answers as possible. F. The first thing is to try to make a good impression. G. Learn a little about the company and think of possible questions and answers. 第 II 卷(非选择题，共 60 分) 第三部分写作(共三节，满分 60 分) 第一节阅读表达(共 5 小题;每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 调读下面短文并回答问?然后将答案写到答题卡相应的位置上(请注意每题词数要求)。 Critics often speak of “the rich” as if those at the very top of the income ladder are dishonest, or as if becoming rich is difficult and means others must become poorer. However ，we must add that achieving the status of “the rich，，is not particularly difficult, contrary to popular wisdom. The rules for acquiring huge wealth are few and simple, one of which is to avoid temptations. That
is easier said than done ，and we don't necessarily recommend all people lead a pure and joyless life. To have a good chance at being rich ，most individuals will need at least a college education, which will double their incomes over what they would have earned with only a high school diploma. A professional degree will result in an average annual income of about twice that of college graduates. The first auxiliary (辅助）rule for becoming rich is to _____or, if out of school, go back to it. Of course, to stay in school isn't enough and they will learn something worth the time and effort It has never been easier to get an education. College costs have been rising steadily for more than a decade. However, the rate of return on a college education has been rising as well ，making the investment a good deal. The second auxiliary rule for becoming rich is to pick your education carefully. Teachers will find getting rich tougher than engineers ，given that the former can expect to earn half as much over their careers. Music professors may earn much less than their students who major in business. The third auxiliary rule for becoming rich is to marry someone with an equal or higher education, and then stay married. By itself, marriage seems to provide a stable institutional setting that promotes greater earnings ，which affords greater savings. From my perspective, becoming rich is really a matter of choice and opportunities existing in large numbers. 56. What impression do the rich often leave on critics? (No more than 5 words) _____ _____ _____ _____ 57. Why is a college education essential to become wealthy? (No more than 10 words) _____ _____ _____ _____ 58. Fill in the blank in Paragraph 3 with proper words. (No more than 5 words) _____ _____ _____ _____ 59. Why can one make use of marriage to become rich? (No more than 15 words) _____ _____ _____ _____
60. Which of the three auxiliary rules do you think is the most important and why? (No more than 20 words) _____ _____ _____ _____ 第二节短文改错(共 10 小题;每小题 1. 5 分，满分 15 分，将答案写到答题卡相应的位置 上） 下文中共有 10 处语言错误， 每句中最多有两处。 每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、 除 删 或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（A ),并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意 1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2.只允许修改 10 处，多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。
Time flies and I will graduate from high school very soon Review what happened in the past helps me succeed in the future. Lueky enough ，I have caring teachers and friendly classmate. I still remember once when I didn't do well in my math exam, I have got really upset My teachers gave me some advices on my study. My classmates told me NOT to lose their confidence I moved by their encouraging words and I studied even harder. With time went by ，I've made great progress. Now I believe that failure is the mother to success, that is what my teachers and classmates have taught me. 第三节书面表达(满分 35 分，将答案写到答题卡相应的位置上） 如今，在车站、餐厅、商场等公共场所都能看见许多成人和小孩在不停地摆弄手机。现 在，请你针对这一现象，用英语写篇短文。短文词数 120 字左右，要点须包括： 1. 描述现象；
2, 分析原因(至少两条)； 3, 说明影响； 4.提出建议。
copyright ©right 2010-2020。