Direct Speech and Reported Speech
间接引语:说话人用自己的话转述别人的话。 The boy said, “I can speak English.” The boy said that he could speak English. 直接引语必须
直接引语变间接引语时,除将引语部分变成 宾语从句外,还有以下变化： 1.人称 2.时态 3. 指示代词 4. 时间状语 5. 地点状语 6. 部分动词 1.人称变化: 根据意义进行相应的变化 直接引语是第一人称，改为间接引语时， 应该和主句的主语人称保持一致。 You said, “My sister will see the film.” your You said that _____ sister would see the film. He said “My sister will see the film.” his He said that _____ sister would see the film.
直接引语是第二人称，改为间接引语时， 应该和主句的宾语人称保持一致。 He said to me, “you’re a good student.” He said to me (that) ____ am a good student. I He said to John, “you’re a good student.” He said to John (that) ____ is a good student. he He said to Amy, “you’re a good student.” He said to Amy (that) ____ is a good student. she 直接引语是第三人称，改为间接引语时， 人称不变。 I said, “He’s right.” I said (that) ___ is right. he She said, “He’s right.” She said (that) ___ is right. he
2.时态变化 如果主句的谓语 动词是一般过去 时,直接引语变间 接引语,间接引语 的谓语动词时态 变化如下：
一般现在时 一般过去时 现在进行时 过去进行时 现在完成时 过去完成时 一般过去时 过去完成时 过去完成时 过去完成时 一般将来时 过去将来时 can could may might must must/ had to
1. He said, “I usually do sports after school.” he He said that ____ usually _____ sports after did school. 2. Tom said to me, “We will clean our classroom.” they would clean Tom told me that ______ ___________ their classroom. 3. Mary said, “I’m doing my homework.” she was doing her Mary said that _____ __________ _____ homework.” 4. He said, “I went to the movies.” he had gone He said that ____ ________ to the movies.
1.转述的是客观真理、科学真理、现在习 惯 工作以及格言等或叙述的状态和情况到现 在仍然是事实,从句时态不变 bigger than The teacher said, “The sun is the earth.” The teacher told us that the sun is bigger than the earth.” He said, “I’m good at swimming.” He said that he is good at swimming. “I’m forty,” he said. → He said he is forty.
2.直接引语是一般过去时或过去进行时，但 有明确定时间状语，变为间接引语时可仍然 用一般过去时或过去进行时。 He said , “I wrote a book in 1996.” wrote He said that he __________ a book in 1996. He told me, “I was doing my homework when my mother came back.” was doing He told me that he _____________ his homework when his mother came back.”
3. 当谓语动词包含无过去时形式的情态 动词时。 He said, “It must be pretty late. I really must go.” → He said it must be pretty late, and he really must go. He said, “You mustn’t smoke in the room.” → He said I mustn’t smoke in the room.
直接引语 now today this week/month yesterday the day before yesterday last week/year three days ago 间接引语 then
that day that week/month the day before two days before
the week/year before three days before
直接引语 tomorrow 间接引语
the next/following day
the day after tomorrow next week/ year
two days later
the next week/ year
直接引语 间接引语 this that 直接引语 间接引语 go come
如果就在当天转述, tomorrow, yesterday, tomorrow不变 如果在当地转述, here不必改为there come 不必改为 go
主句谓语动词常为: said (to sb.), told sb. 连接词：that (口语中常省略)
从句的人称、谓语动词时态、时间状语、 地点状语等做相应变化 陈述句语序不变 He told us,“I want this blue one.” He told us (that) he wanted that blue one ____________________________. She said to me, “You can’t do anything now.” She told me(that) I couldn’t do anything then ____________________________.
变间接引语后称为“间接疑问句” 主句谓语动词: ask, wonder, want to know.
1.直接引语是一般疑问句, 变为间接引语时, 引导词:whether或if (是否) 语序：陈述句语序 句尾标点：随主句标点 He asked me, “Are you working now?” He asked me whether /if I was working then .
Jim asked,“Has he ever worked in Shanghai?” Jim asked whether/if he had ever worked in Shanghai .
2.直接引语是特殊疑问句,变为间接引语时, 引导词:原来的疑问词 语序：陈述句语序 句尾标点：随主句标点 He asked, “Which room do you live in?” He asked me which room I lived in . “What do you think of the film?” She asked her friend. She asked her friend what she thought of the film .
3.直接引语是选择疑问句,变间接引语时, 引导词: whether/if …or 语序：陈述句语序 句尾标点：随主句标点 Mum asked,“Is it your bike or Tom’s?” Mum asked whether/if it was my bike or Tom’s .
主句谓语动词动词常用 tell, ask, order, beg, request, order 直接祈使句→ 带to的不定式短语 tell/ ask/ order/ beg/ request/ order sb. (not) to do sth. Jack said, “Please come to my house tomorrow, Mary.” Jack asked Mary to go to his house the next day. “Don’t touch anything.” He said. He told us not to touch anything.
用所给动词的正确形式填空 would report 1. Dick said he____________ (report) some important things to us the next day. 2. First of all, you must tell me what you were doing ____________ (do) at nine last night. 3. My best friend told me he would send/ sent ____________ (send) some gifts to me for my birthday. would come 4. He didn’t tell me if Lucy ___________ (come) to see me in five days. travels 5. The teacher told us the earth __________ (travel) round the sun.
Change the following into sentences reported speech. 1.Tom says, “ I am going to be a teacher.” he was Tom said ____ ______ going to be a teacher.
2. Amy says, “ Sally is hard-working.”
Sally was Amy said _____ _____ hardworking.
3. My English teacher says, “ You are a good student.” My teacher told me __ ____ a good I was student. 4. Jack says, “My father is a doctor.”
his Jack said ____ father ____ a doctor. was
1. She said, “I can speak English.” she She said _____ could speak English.
2. He said to me, “I will come to your house
to study.” my He told me that ____ would come to ____ he house to study.
3. He said, “Lily has a good time at the party.”
He said ______ had a good time at the party Lily
4. “I usually go swimming. ”he told us.
went He told us he usually _____ swimming in summer.
5. “I have to do my homework.” Peter said.
had Peter said he _____ to do his homework.
6. “I am good at English.” Lucy said.
was Lucy said she _____ good at English.
7. “He doesn’t want to argue with his parents.” Jim said.
didn’t Jim said he ______ want to argue with his parents.
1. Tony said:“I can play the violin”. Tony said he could play the violin. 2. Mary said:“I am studying Japanese”. Mary said she was studying Japanese. 3. Susan said:“I go shopping every Sunday”. Susan said she went shopping every Sunday.
4.Tom said:“My favorite sport is football”.
Tom said his favorite sport was football. 5. Mary said :“I will go on Friday”.
Mary said she would go on Friday. 6. They said:“We are going to see a movie”. They said they were going to see a movie.
7. She said:“This is my computer”. She said this was her computer.
8. They said:“We are having a surprise party”.
They said they were having a surprise party . 9. Linda said:“I go camping every week”. Linda said she went camping every week.
1. Mary asked, “Could you help me cook dinner?” Mary asked me if I could help her cook dinner. 2. He asked, “Why are you so late for school, Jimmy?” He asked Jimmy why he was so late for school. 3. Will you tell me the answer to this question? She asked if I would tell her the answer to that question.
4. Where are you going for vacation, Tony? I asked Tony where he was going for vacation. 5. Do you remember his birthday? She asked if I remembered her birthday. 6. “What can I do for you?” he asked me. He asked me what he could do for me. 7. “Are you interested in English?” he said. He asked if I was interested in English.
8. “How are you feeling now?” the doctor asked. The doctor asked me how I was feeling then. 9. He said, “My best friend is Tom.” He said that his best friend is Tom. 10. “Don’t eat in the classroom!” the teacher said to us. The teacher told us not to eat in the classroom.
1.Mary asked, “could you help me cook dinner?” Mary asked me if I could help her cook dinner. 2. He asked, “why are you so late for school, Jimmy?” He asked Jimmy why he was so late for school. 3. Will you tell me the answer to this question? She asked if I would tell her the answer to that question.
4. Where are you going for vacation, Tony? I asked Tony where he was going for vacation. 5. Do you remember his birthday? She asked if I remembered his birthday. 6. “What can I do for you?” he asked me.
He asked me what he could do for me.
7. “Are you interested in English?” he said. He asked if I was interested in English. 8. “How are you feeling now?” the doctor asked. The doctor asked me how I was feeling that time.
用所给动词的正确形式填空 would report 1.Dick said he____________ (report) some important things to us the day after tomorrow. 2.First of all, you must tell me what you were doing ____________(do) at nine last night. 3.My best friend tells me he will send _____________(send) some gifts to me for my birthday. 4.Listen, some beautiful are singing birds____________(sing) in the tree.
arguing 5.________you _________(argue) with Were your father when I knocked at the door? to find 6.I was surprised___________(find) that Ann got mad after hearing the bad news. will come 7.I don’t know if Lucy___________(come) to see me in five days. 8.The teacher told us the travels earth__________(travel) round the sun. 9.I don’t think you supposed are____________(suppose) to smoke in the classroom.
根据汉语意思及首字母完成下列句子 1.Mr. Wang’s students are good at English and they are _______ (勤勉的) hard-working 2.I always get ______ (紧张的)when I see nervous the letter from my teachers. Luckily 3._________(幸运地)，he passed the math exam this term and he was very happy. disappionting 4.The man got the ________ (令人失望的)news from a friend of his. cooking 5.While she was ________(做饭)，her daughter came in .
messages 6.All of the ____________(信息) come from the west. 7.You can write you address on the e_________. nvelope opy 8.As a student, you shouldn’t c_________ others’ homework. 9.I hope you are in good h_________. ealth 10.She didn’t want to be the last one a_________. nymore
完成句子（10%） 1.在英语方面, 阅读和听力相比较, 我更擅 长阅读。 better at In English, I’m____________________ reading than listening. 2.昨天姚明的出现让很多人疯狂。 Many were mad at people___________________________ Yao Ming yesterday.
3.大家认为可能是他偷了东西。 He __________________________be was supposed to the thief who stole the things. 4.我不再想吃面包了, 我已经吃得够多的 了。 don’t I ____________want to eat any more bread____________________ because I have had enough.
5.真正的足球运动员和所谓的踢球者有着 很大的区别。 There is a big difference between ______________________serious football players and so-called football players.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。