Welcome to No.3 Middle school
Make an introduction
Introduce our school and myself to you
Our new school dates back to 1998 ,12 years age ,it was located in laoche
ng .At present, our playground is the biggest one of songzi, many sports meetings were held all over the city.
My surname is Li
It is time to make introductions all round .
Unit 1 Friendship
P.92 Words and expressions in Unit 1
Unit 1 Friendship Warming up
Do you think friendship important?
Why do you need friends?
? When you feel upset or unhappy, a humorous friend can cheer you up. ? When you are angry or nervous about something, a considerate friend will listen to you and help you calm down. ? A kind-hearted friend will care about you at all times, and will never ignore you. ? He/she will be concerned about you and want to see you are always happy.
Add up your score and see how many points get.
Work out your score on page 8
Language points ? 1 add 及物动词 vt. 1. 添加;增加[(+to)] The fire is going out; will you add some wood? 2. 将...相加[(+up/together)] If we add these marks up, we'll get a total of 90. 3. 补充说[Y][+that] "I felt sorry for her," Bob added. 不及物动词 vi. 1. 增加[(+to)] The snowstorm added to our difficulties. 2. 做加法;加起来 The little girl has begun to learn to add and subtract. 。 add up to英音：['? d ?p t?]美音：['? d ?p t?] ? 1. 总计达 The bills add up to exactly $100. 2意味着 His evidence really adds up to this: he didn't murder the man.
2. not … until Eg: He didn’t leave until he finished his homework. Mary didn’t go to bed until her mother came back. until eg: I waved until her bus was out of sight.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3. get sth. done Eg: I must get the television fixed. I fell from a tree and got my arm broken. get sb./sth. doing Eg: I’ll get the car going. get sb./sth. to do Eg: Please get him to see a doctor.
? upset英音：[?p'set]美音：[?p's?t] ? upset1 及物动词 vt. 1. ? 弄翻,打翻;倾覆 The generals plotted to upset the government. 将军们策划推翻政府。 ? 2. ? 打乱,搅乱 Rain upset our plans for a picnic. 下雨打乱了我们的野餐计划。 ? 3. ? 意外地击败 The Democrat upset the governor in the election. 这位民主党人在选举中意外地击败了州长。 ? 4. ? 使心烦意乱 Losing the necklace borrowed from her friend upset her completely. 她把从朋友那儿借来的项链弄丢了,这使她心烦意乱。 ? 5. ? 使(肠胃)不适 The lousy food upsets my stomach.
ignore英音：[ig'n?:]美音：[?g'nor] 1. 不顾,不理会;忽视 His letters were ignored. 他的信无人理会。 Even the best of men ignored that simple rule. 甚至最优秀的人也忽略了那条简单的规则。
4.calm…down ●使……镇定;使……平静。 ? We calmed the old lady down. ? 【拓展】calm down 镇定下来;平静下来。 ? Calm down, sir. What's the trouble? 5. be concerned about be concerned about 挂虑的,担心的,不安的。 She is concerned about your safety. He was very concerned about her. 【拓展】 be concerned for担心；be concerned with涉及,关 系到，影响到；be concerned with与有关的
? 6. While walking the dog…, you… (take a dog for a walk) ? Eg: While (I was) eating, I asked him to lend me two dollars. ? While (she was) reading, she sang. ? He will not come unless invited. = He will not come unless he was invited. ? 1) When he was travelling in Europe,he met Mr. Brown, his former physics teacher. ? =When travelling in Europe,he met Mr. Brown, his former physics teacher. ? 2) People in China usually shake hands with each other when they are introduced. ? =People in China usually shake hands with each other when introduced.
? 4. should have done ? 1）你昨天本应该做完作业的。 ? You should have finished your homework yesterday. ? 2)你本来不该告诉他这件事情的。 ? You shouldn’t have told him about it.
Work out your score on page 8
Anne Frank was a German-Jewish teenager in World War Ⅱ.
This is a true story. It took place in Amsterdam, Holland in the early 1940s after the German Nazis had occupied most of Europe. The Nazi Party ruled Germany from 1933 to 1945. One of their key policies was to kill all the Jews in Europe. If any persons known to be Jews were found, they would be sent to concentration camps farther east, mostly in Poland. Families were separated and transported in trains. For many days, they went without food, water, sanitation(卫生设备) or fresh air. To avoid this terrible fate, some Jewish families went into hiding, often with the help of non-Jewish friends.
This is what Anne’s family did when Margot was told she must go to the railway station to be taken to a camp. Another Jewish family joined them in their hiding place in the attic (顶楼)of a house. It was very crowded there. Only three young people were there: Margot, Peter and , of course, Anne. Her diary shows that Anne felt she was the naughty one of the group since she was always being scolded. She felt she could not confide(向某人吐露秘密) in Margot because her sister was always good. And she felt she could not confide in Peter because he was a boy. So she made a friend ofher diary. Later, however, she did become closer to Peter and they took a liking to one another. Anne talks about their growing friendship in her diary.
What do you know about World War II?
The Second World War and The shoes belonged to the Jews Jews were rounded up by Nazi soldiers Jews in the death camp Nazis were killing Jewish women, some o Jews Nazis were were going building to the the gas concentration Nazis had killed. The crime dead bodies the Nazi which were pregnant.( 怀孕的) camp chambers( 房间 ) leave home. and forced to
? Does a friend always have to be a person? ? What else can be your friends? Examples?
Skim the first paragraph of the reading passage below and find who was Anne‘s best friend.
Fast-reading: Fill in the form below The time of the story The place of the story The heroine(女主人公) of the story Anne’s best friend
World War II
Netherlands Anne her diary--Kitty nearly twenty-five months Thursday 15,June,1944
The length of time they hid away
The date of the diary
Join the correct parts of the sentences. 1.Anne kept a diary because 2.She felt very lonely because
3.They have to hide because
4.Anne named her diary Kitty because
A.she couldn’t meet her friends. B.Jews were caught by Nazis and put away. C.she could tell everything to it. D.she wanted it to be her best friend.
2 . Read the passage again and answer the following questions.
1 About 2 years . 2. She took nature for granted. 3 Because she was no longer able to go out as she pleased because she is in hiding ,Losing freedom has made her feel more excited about good and beautiful things around her.
4 She did not want to be a ‘prisoner ‘in the hiding place any longer .She wanted to live a normal life again.
1. or = otherwise Eg: Work hard,or you will fall behind. Get up early tomorrow,or you will miss the early train. 2.before (conj.) 没来得及…就… ; …之后才… , 不久… … Eg: Before I could get in a word, he had gone out. It was long before he told me about it. Usually it was mid-afternoon before the children became calm. The child fell asleepbefore his mother took off his clothes. 2) 不久你就会后悔自己的所做所为。 It won’t be long before you regret what you have done. 3) 你必须完成作业才能出去打篮球。 You must finish your homework before you go out to pl
3. as 正如, 照……的方式 Eg: Do as I say. David, as you know, is a photographer. As I said in my last letter,I’m taking the exam in July.
It’s at No.2 School that I am teaching English now.
→It’s I that/ who am teaching English at No.2 School now . →It’s English that I am teaching at No.2 School. →It’s now that I am teaching English at No.2 School 1)He was able to come back to his research work again after the war was over. 2) He went to American for a further study three years ago. · 3) They will have a meeting in the hall tomorrow.
4. It’s + … that / who… 强调句型 He wrote a letter last week. →It was he that wrote a letter last week. →It was a letter that he wrote last week. →It was last week that he wrote a letter. I am teaching English → at No.2 School now. .
5. be/ get/ grow crazy about…. 1) The boy is crazy about skiing 2) They are crazy about computer games.. be crazy to do sth 1) You are crazy to do such a thing. 2) You are crazy to buy a car at such a high price. = It’s crazy of you to buy a car at such a high price. 6. could have done表对过去可能发生的事的一种猜测。 译成“可能做过某事或本来可以做某事” “can‘t / couldn’t+have+done”表示对过去事情的否定推测 ，译成“不可能做过某事”。 Eg: He could have come yesterday, but I'm not sure. Mr. Smith can't have gone to Beijing, for I saw him in the library just now. 1)I didn’t see her in the meeting room this morning. She could’t have spoken at the meeting . 2).He can’t have finished the work so soon.
7. stay (link v) + adj/ n ( keep,remain,grow,) 1) I stayed awake through the stormy night. 2) He stayed single all his life. 3) The weather stayed hot. 4) Stay seated!坐在那别动! 8. much too + adj/ adv too much (+ un) = more than enough eg: She is afraid that the trip will be too much for me. He doesn’t talk too much. The dress is much too long for me. It’s much too hot. too much / much too / too many 1. Eating too much fat and sugar will easily make you fat. 2. The box is _________ heavy for such a boy like you, I’m afraid. much too 3. There are __________ sheep on the hill, Too many so it is difficult to count them. 13. But as the moon gave far too much light, I didn’t dare open a window.
9. happen vi. 1) What time did the accident happen? 2) No one knows who had fired the gun— it all happened so quickly sb. happen to do sth. (似乎)碰巧 = to be or as if by chance eg: I happened to see her on my way to work. If you happen to find it, please let me know. It happens/ happened that clause Eg: It happened that they went out when I called. : It happened that with happened 太巧了，我身上没带钱。 to take with ____ _________ _____ I had no money _______ me. I __________ ____ ________ no money _______ me. 10. hold/ have sb in one’s power 控制住/ 摆布某人
11.. It’s the first/ second time that … 某人第一/二次做(从句的谓语动词需用完成时态) Eg: It is the first time that I have visited that city. It was the first time that I had visited that city. Is this the first time you have been to Beijing. 2) 那是她第一次参观这家工厂。 was the first time that she ____ It _____ _______the had visited factory
12.look through英音：['luk θru:]美音：['luk θru]
1. 识破 We have looked through the enemy‘s tricks. 我们已识破了敌人的种种花招。 2.look through 仔细查看，浏览，温习
Thank you! bye!
ead again and answer the following questions:
. What is an ordinary diary like according to Anne? What about her diary?
. Why was she so crazy about things to do with nature?
. Why did she stay awake on purpose until very late one evening?
. Why didn’t she dare open the window when the moon was too bright?
1. What is an ordinary diary like according to Anne? What about her diary? According to Anne, an ordinary diary is where most people like to set down a series of facts.
But Anne wrote down her deepest feelings and thoughts in her diary. She told everything to her best friend --- her diary.
2. Why was she so crazy about things to do with nature? Because she had been indoors too long, she was so eager to see the outdoor world --- the blue sky, the singing birds, the beautiful flowers , the bright moon, everything.
3. Why did she stay awake on purpose until very late one evening?
Because she wanted to have a good look at the bright moon.
4. Why didn’t she dare open the window when the moon was too bright? Because she was afraid that she might be discovered by the German Nazis.
That’s changed since I was here.
never have kept me spellbound
kept me spellbound
Read the text the third time
Anne’s feeling about nature
When hiding After hiding blue sky, songs of birds, moonlight, flowers darkness, rain, wind, thundering clouds never felt spellbound felt crazy, held in their power
experience nature; love
1. Read the diary carefully and fill in the table. Time Before hiding when hiding After hiding Nature Feeling
blue sky, songs of never felt birds, moonlight, spellbound flowers darkness, rain, wind, thundering clouds felt crazy
experience nature; love
Which sentences do you think are very beautiful in Anne’s diary? Would you please choose some and recite them?
1. I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature. 我不知道这是不是因为我很久无法 出门的缘故,我变得对一切与大自 然有关的事物都无比狂热。
2. I can well remember that there was a time when a deep blue sky, the song of the birds, moonlight and flowers could never have kept me spellbound.
我记得很清楚，以前，湛蓝的天空、 鸟儿的歌唱、月光和鲜花，从未令 我心迷神往过。
3. The dark, rainy evening, the wind, the thundering clouds held me entirely in their power. 漆黑的夜晚，风吹雨打，雷电交 加，我全然被这种自然的力量镇 住了。
4. It was the first time in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face… 这是我一年半以来第一次面对面 目睹夜晚。
5. It’s no pleasure looking through these dirty curtains any longer because nature is one thing that really must be experienced. 透过脏兮兮的窗帘观看大自然已 经不再是乐趣，因为大自然是你 必须亲身体验的。
1.Retell the story 2.Tick out sentences that you think are difficult for you. 3.Surf the Internet to find more information about Anne and to read more about Anne’s diary.
Read the passage again and fill the following form:
Time Nature Feeling
Blue sky, songs of birds, moonlight, flowers Darkness, rain, wind, thundering clouds
Never felt spellbound
areful-reading: Matching (2m)
1.Anne kept a diary because 2.She felt very lonely because 3.They have to hide because
John the correct parts of the sentences.
A.She couldn’t meet her friends.
B.Jews were caught by Nazis and put away.
4.Anne named her diary Kitty because
5.They were finally caught because
C.She could tell everything to it. D. they were discovered.
E. she thought it was her best friend.
Students work in pairs to discuss the following open questions: 1.Why did the windows stay closed? 2.How did Anne feel? 3.What do you think after reading Anne’s diary?
Intensive Reading ① Why did the windows stay closed? They shut the windows in order not to be found and caught by the Nazis. ② How did Anne feel? She was afraid of being found and at the same time was eager to touch the outside world. ③What do you think after reading Anne’s diary? hate wars and terrors long for peace and freedom
Four students a group to discuss the situation:
Suppose your four have to hide yourselves for 3 months. During the three months, you will be offered the basic food, water and clothes. Your group can take 5 things with you.
①What will you take? Why? ②How will you spend the 3 months? ③What would you miss most if you went
into hiding like Anne and her family?
合计 add up 黄昏时
at dusk face to face no longer not..any longer suffer from
have got to 不再 walk the dog 遭受
关心 be concerned about 不再
一系列的 故意 为了
go through 对。。厌烦 be/get tired of 将。。打包 pack sth up set down a series of 与。。相处 get along with on purpose 相爱，爱上 fall in love in order to 参加 join in
This is a true story. It took place in Amsterdam, Holland in the early 1940s after the German Nazis had occupied most of Europe. The Nazi Party ruled Germany from 1933 to 1945. One of their key policies was to kill all the Jews in Europe. If any persons known to be Jews were found, they would be sent to concentration camps(集中营), mostly in Poland. To avoid this terrible fate, some Jewish families went into hiding, often with the help of non-Jewish friends. This diary was written during the time when Anne and her family moved to escape from being killed by Nazis.
copyright ©right 2010-2020。