第一节 听下面 5 段对话，每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的[A]、 [B]、[C]三个选项中选出 最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一个小题，每段对话仅读一遍。 例如：你将
听到以下内容： M: Excuse me. Can you tell me how much the shirt is? W: Yes, it’s nine fifteen. 请看选项： How much is shirt? [A]￡19.15 [B]￡9.18 [C]￡9.15 衬衫的价格为 9 镑 15 便士，所以你选择[C]项，并在试卷上将其标出。 1. How does the man feel about his exam? A. He is happy. B. He does not care. 2. What does the woman think of the shirt for the party? A. The size is not large enough. B. The material is not good. C. The color is not suitable. 3. Where does this conversation take place? A. At home. B. In a hospital. 4. What do you think the woman is? A. A flight attendant. B. A journalist. C. A traveler to all English-speaking countries. 5. Where did the conversation most probably take place? A. In a library. B. In a bookstore.
C. He is disappointed.
C. At a hotel.
C. In a classroom.
第二节 听下面 5 段对话或独白, 每段对话或独白后有 2 至 4 个小题，从题中所给的[A]、 [B]、[C] 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有 5 秒钟的时 间阅读各个小题；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间，每段对话或独白读两遍。 听下面一段对话，回答第 6 和第 7 题。 6. Where will the woman meet the visitors? A. At the office. B. At the factory. C. At a restaurant.
7. What is the relationship between the man and the woman? A. Teacher and student. B. Boss and assistant. 听下面一段对话，回答第 8 和第 9 题。 8. Why doesn’t he want to take the new job？ A. He doesn't get a good pay. B. He dislikes working in a seaside town. C. He hates playing the same piece again and again. 9. What does the woman think of the job the man was offered？ A. Boring. B. Well-paid. 听下面一段对话，回答第 10 和第 12 题。 10. Why is the woman calling the delivery company? A. She needs some information. B. She wants to pack materials. C. She is ch ecking her package. 11. What is the woman sending? A. Fresh vegetables. B. Some kind of food. 12. Which method will the woman use to send her package? A. Regular service. B. Overnight express.
C. Visitor and host.
C. Candy and fruit. C. Special delivery.
听下面一段对话，回答第 13 和第 16 题。 13. What are the man and woman talking about? A. Eggs. B. Diets. C. Exercises. 14. Why did Linda choose eggs to lose weight? A. She believed eggs were cheap and contained much protein. B. She thought her heart was strong and not hurt by eating too much protein. C. She was told that eating eggs could help her have a fine figure. 15. How long had Linda been on a diet? A. One week. B. One month. C. Two days. 16.What’s the woman’s opinion of losing weight? A. Continue the egg diets. B. Take exercise. C. Eat more fruits. 听下面一段独白，回答第 17 至第 20 题。 17. How long is the speaker staying in Finland? A. The whole winter. B. For two weeks. C. For three weeks. 18. Why is the speaker in Finland? A. To visit a friend. B. To attend a conference. C. To experience the weather. 19. What was the speaker’s biggest problem while preparing for the trip? A. Getting the right kind of clothes. B. Getting used to the weather. C. Selling warm clothes. 20. Why could Julia help? A. She's been to Northern Europe. B. She's from Finland.
C. She makes clothes.
听力材料 Text 1 W: Are you happy now that the exam is over? M: Happy? You’ve got to see my grade before you say that. Text 2 W: You can wear that, John? It’s black. M: What’s wrong with the black shirt? Everybody has a black shirt. W: It doesn’t look like you are going to a party. Text 3 M: Your room number is 633 on the sixth floor. We’ll take the lift. W: Here is my luggage. Text 4 M: And why do you want to study English? W: Well. I want to understand English native speakers. And I want to be able to talk to the passengers I have to deal with. I’d also like to practise filling in forms, understanding TV, and buying things in shops. Text 5 M: Good morning. I would like to borrow some novels in English. What kind of books would you recommend? W: It might be a good idea to read some easy articles first. You will enjoy them more and be able to read fast. M: That’s a good idea. Thank you for your advice. Text 6 W: You know these people who want to read about the company? M: Yes. You are meeting them next week, aren't you? W: Hum. Where should I take them, the factory perhaps？ M: I suppose you prefer this o ffice because it is more comfortable. W: Well. I did think here, yes. But maybe a restaurant somewhere. M: I think they prefer to see where our products are made. W: Ok, I'll meet them there. Text 7 W：Hi, George, what have you been doing lately? I haven’t seen you around much. Where have you been? M：Oh, I was playing the piano for a group of Germany. I just got back. W：It must be exciting playing the piano and traveling all the time. M：Well, playing the piano is great, but the traveling is no fun. Living out with the suitcase all the time. I have just been to my manager and he has offered me a job: playing on the coast for the
summer. W：At a sea sight town? M：Yes, but I don’t think I am going to take it. W：Why not? Not enough money? M：No, it’s not bad. The money is good, about two hundred dollars a week. It’s just that we will be working in the hotel playing for the tourists. And they just want a same old music over and over to dance too. And I get so bored. It's not like playing the music. It’s like being a machine. W：I wouldn’t mind being a machine for that money. Text 8 M: Hello, National Express Courier Company, Customer Service Department. W: Hello, I have some questions about a package I’m going to send, can you help me? M: Yes, ma’am. What would you like to know? W: I have a box of homemade candy. And I want to send it to my sister. Do you have any special rules about delivering food? M: No, not in this case, ma’ma. If you were sending fruit or vegetables, they would have to be packed specially. But there are no rules about sending candy. W: OK, I have another question. I’m very concerned about the package reaching my sister on time. Can you make it sure that it will be there by Saturday? M: Where does it have to go? W: California. M: Hmm. Saturday’s only four days away. We have a special express service that would guarantee delivery in three days but it’s more expensive than regular service . W: Well, I don’t want to waste money, but it’s more important that the package be there on time. M: OK. Bring your package to our office then. Text 9 M: Many people seem to be on a diet. Have you noticed that, Anna? W: Yeah, I heard a lot of girls talking about diets. M: A friend of mine, Linda, was once on an egg diet. She ate eggs for three meals and thought eggs were cheap, and eating eggs could make her slim. W: Oh, my God! That would be bad for her health. Had she lost any weight? M: Yeah, a little bit. But the problem is that she felt very sick. Then after one week, she had to give up. She said two days after the egg diets , she felt very dizzy. But she didn’t want to stop because she promised to herself that she would keep on doing that for one month. Her ideal weight is 45 kilos. W: It is wise for her not to do that any more. It is true that eggs have a lot of protein. However, eating too many eggs is bad for the heart. M: Yeah, it is true. On Wednesday, I went to see her. She looked very pale. She has been in bed for three days. W: I am sorry to hear that. Tell her not to do that any more. Actually, the best way to lose weight is to eat less and exercise more. Text 10 Yes, you’re right. I am from South Africa. I am not at all used to this cold weather, but I am glad
to say that I have all the clothes for this freezing weather. When I first got to know that I would be attending this international conference here in Finland. I had no idea what kind of clothes I should take along. I didn’t know what to do when I thought of this two—week stay here, with a rather formal dinner, a few parties, social gatherings and a dance during the conference. Fortunately, my friend Julia has been to Northern Europe. Yes, she was a great help. She helped to solve my biggest problem. She placed an order for some warm suits and dresses, business—type clothes, of course, of dark colors. She also bought me some skirts and blouses so that I could wear the same clothes in several different ways. A couple of lively colored dresses will give me a nice change from time to time. She also helped to choose a very warn raincoat and a pair of boots. Oh, how lucky I am to have such a helpful friend. She saved me a lot of trouble.
选择题部分（共 80 分）
第一部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节：单项选择（共 20 小题；每小题 0. 5 分，满分 10 分） 从 A、B、C 和 D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题纸上将该选项 标号涂黑。 1. -- Do you think it is hot today? A. No, not at all --_______ , but not as hot as yesterday. C. Extremely D. Frequently
B. Yes, kind of
2. Perhaps above all, play is________ great joy, which is _________ part of childhood. A. the; \ B. a; \ C. \; a D. the; the
3. -- Why can she keep such a good figure? -- She _______ great importance to regular exercise. A. attains B. attracts C. attaches D applies
4. Do you like _______when someone speaks to you without looking at you? A. that B. him C. it D. those
5. Mr. Smith was very glad _____ as the manager of the company. A. being appointed C. to have appointed B. having appointed D. to have been appointed
6. After two years’ research, we now have a ______ better understanding of the distance. A. very B. fairly C. far D. quite
7. --Do you have any idea what Paul does all day? -- As I know, he spends at least as much time playing as he _________.
B. does writing
C. is writing
D. does write
8. It is______ to have someone looking over while you’re at work as if you could not be trusted. A. misleading B. embarrassing C. boring D. demanding 9. I know you’ve got a smooth tongue, so don’t talk me ______ buying it. A. away B. down C. out D. into
10. One of the men held the view _______ the book said was right. A. that what B. what that C. that D. whether
11. -- Hello, Jane, have you arrived in the hotel? -- Yeah, busy _________. I’ll call back later. A. checking in B. to check in C. checking out D. to check out 12. A man can’t smile like a child, _______ a child smiles with his eyes, while a man smiles with his lips alone. A. so B. but C. and D. for --Oh, sorry. D. will 13. --It’s in the office! So you ________ know eating is not allowed here. A. must B. may C. need 14. -- I’ve read another book this week. -- Well, maybe ______ is not how much you read but what you read ______ counts. A. this; it B. that; which C. it; that D. there; one was seen at its best when he
15. He proved himself a true gentleman and the beauty of his worked with others. A. temper B. appearance C. talent
16. The doctor would allow him to go home A. as though B. for fear that
he remained in bed. C. on condition that D. as far as
17. Economic growth in the world remains weak throughout 2013 and it is hoped that it will _____ gradually in 2014. A. break up 18.
B. make out
C. pick up
D. work out
the right kind of training, these teenage soccer players may one day grow into international stars.
B. Having given
C. To give
19. I’m always busy with my work, so occasions are quite rare ______ I can spend the whole day with my kids. A. in which B. that C. when D. why
20. Turn on the television or open a magazine and you ________advertisements showing happy,
balanced families. A. are seeing B. will see C. see D. have seen 第二节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 21~40 各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选 出最佳选项，并在答题纸上将选项标号涂黑。 My friend John always has something to tell me. He knows so much that have older and more worldly wise men to tell them, and how to live life 23__ the fullest. 24 25 Janet. For eight years she fought against cancer, but in the end . One day John took out a folded piece of 27 up some drawers at home. 26 _ _from his wallet. 22 21 men have to
, who to trust, how to care for others
Recently, John lost his her sickness had the last
He had found it, as he told me, when he It was a 28
love letter Janet had written. The note could look like a school girl’s scrawls 29 the letter was written by a woman who had had 30 only had a few months left to live. of her
(潦草地写，乱涂) about her dream guy.
seven children, a woman who fought for her life and who It was ill.‖ The next 31
a beautiful recipe for how to keep a marriage together. Janet’s ___32
husband begins like this, ―Loved me. Took care of me. Worried about me.‖ ―Helped me when I was 33 __ reads. After that she turned 34 the paper and added ―Warmth. Humor. 35 37 with and loved all the others. Kindness. Thoughtfulness.‖ And then she writes about the husband she has most in her life. ― 36 there when I needed you.‖ The last words she wrote I can see her for me when she added thoughtfully ―Good friend.‖ I stand beside John now, and cannot pretend to know how it feels to lose someone who is as close to to talk. ―John,‖ I ask. ―How do you stick together with someone through 38 years – not to mention the sickness? How do I know 40 I can bear to stand by my wife’s side if she becomes sick one day?‖ ―You can.‖ he says quietly, ―If you love her enough, you can.‖ 21. A. old 22. A. for instance 23. A. in 24. A. friend 25. A. possibility 26. A. handkerchief 27. A. fixed B. wise B. at no time B. to B. colleague B. chance B. cloth B. looked C. young C. in that case C. at C. wife C. hope C. leather C. tidied D. foolish D. as a matter of fact D. for D. sister D. word D. paper D. put 38 as Janet was to him. I need to 39 what he has to say much more than he needs
28. A. small 29. A. So 30. A. probably 31. A. only 32. A. imagination 33. A. letter 34. A. away 35. A. lived 36. A. Constantly 37. A. take the place of 38. A. me 39. A. speak up 40. A. why
B. long B. But B. surely B. firstly B. description B. note B. down B. dealt B. Always B. get rid of B. Janet B. repeat B. where
C. descriptive C. And C. certainly C. lastly C. dream C. line C. off C. quarreled C. Never C. take away C. John C. discuss C. if
D. talkative D. While D. definitely D. also D. expectation D. paragraph D. over D. argued D. Seldom D. sum up D. you D. hear D. when
第二部分：阅读理解（第一节 20 小题，第二节 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 50 分） 第一节：阅读下列材料，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并 在答题纸上将该选项标号涂黑。 A but I’m sure there were colder days. Even though the daylight hours are growing longer minute by minute, it’s easy to find an excuse not to go out unless you absolutely must, but then again I often have to push myself to accomplish things. Actually, people I speak to have been in all kinds of extremely unpleasant moods. As I stood outside with my two dogs yesterday, it was so cold that my nose and face felt crisp and I felt sharp pain in my ears. Of course, that doesn’t matter to Ricky and Lucy. They have a routine they must go through to find just the fight spot no matter how cold or hot it is. So I wait. But this time it was different. As cold as it was, I suddenly was in high spirits thinking about how wonderful this extreme cold really was. Then the sun broke through the clouds and memories of summer’s deathly hot days flashed through my mind. I could remember standing in the heat of the afternoon, sweat pouring down my cheeks and the hot, burning sun against my face. I reminded myself then and there that in the cold of
It has been so bitterly cold here in Pennsylvania. I can’t remember a winter being as cold as this,
the winter I would wish I had this heat. I was right. Two extremes in my life that most of the time I find uncomfortable, I’m normally scared of them and complain about them all the way through. But today I was grateful for them. Without the extremes in my life, I would never appreciate the days when things were just right. Without the extremes life would be boring. It’s being pushed to one of the extremes that makes us appreciate the middle more. Health challenges remind us that we need to pay more attention to how we live. Financial extremes remind us that when things are more than necessary it’s time to keep some for when the times are more difficult. So bring on the cold so I appreciate the heat more. Make me sweat on a hot summer’s day so I wish I had a handful of snow to rub my face in. I’ve come to the conclusion that all too often I find a reason not to be happy with where I am at that moment. Whether it’s hot or cold, good health or bad, in the money or out of it, I always wanted it to be different. But no more. I want to start finding a reason to be happy right where I am, even if it’s simply the fact that I’m alive. I’m tired of being ―under the weather!‖ 41. The author thinks that people may ______ when they are pushed to one of the extremes in life. A. find the middle more valuable than ever B. feel desperate about the present situation C. save things for difficult times in the future D. complain about the challenges to come across 42. We learn from this passage that the author would like to express his gratitude(感恩、感激) towards ______. A. the super cold weather C. the extremes in his life B. the two dogs with him D. the wish to be different
43. Ricky and Lucy are mentioned in this passage (Para. 4) to ______. A. describe activities done as a normal part of a process B. compare the different attitudes towards the cold weather C. emphasize that children have their own way of living D. introduce why children make a difference at their fight spot 44. The underlined phrase ―under the weather‖ in the last paragraph is closest in meaning to______. A. in poor health B. in real trouble C. in cold weather D. in low spirits
45. What message does the author most want to give us? A. To find reasons to enjoy life as it is. B. To appreciate the cold winter weather. C. To determine the causes for his unhappiness. D. To change his unpleasant situation whenever possible.
Guilin City Daily Bus Tour Departure Date: Daily Tour Time: Around 8:00 a.m.—Around 5:30 p.m. Pick-up & Drop-off Service: Your hotel in the downtown Vehicle Model: Air-conditioned tour coach Tour Guide Service: English-speaking tour guide Type of Tour: Bus Day Tours Tour Highlights: Reed Flute Cave, The Elephant Trunk Hill, The Fubo Hill, The Seven Star Park Tour Code: TBGTS－GLBT02 Itinerary(路线): Quotation(价格) 1. Pick up service by your tour guide and driver in Adult: USD66/pp (RMB400/pp) the morning. Child(Age:4-12):USD33/PP (RMB200/pp) 2. Visit Reed Flute Cave. Reed Flute Cave is the Infant (Age:0-3): Free largest and the most spectacular of the karst caverns Cost Includes: in Guilin. Its name derives from the reed that grows 1. Service for Picking up and dropping off near the entrance of the cave and makes excellent at the hotel. flutes. 2. Air-conditioned tour coach. 3. Visit the Elephant Trunk Hill. Elephant Trunk 3. Professional English-speaking tour guide Peak, also known as Elephant Hill, a huge rock service. formation of an elephant by the confluence of the 4. Cost of main entrance tickets of mentioned Yang and Li rivers, looks as if it s trunk is dipping attractions in the itinerary listed above. into the water. 5. Typical Chinese lunch. 4. Visit the Fubo Hill. Fubo Hill towers solitarily in Cost Excludes: the northeast of the city, with half of it in the Li 1. All additional fees not listed as include River. in tour price will be the responsibility of 5. Visit the Seven Star Park. Located on the east bank the guest. of the Li River, the Seven-Star Park is about 1.5 2. Tips to the guide and driver as your kilometers away from the city proper. wish. (Based on the well-done job of the 6. There are two typical featured shopping stores guide and driver). included during today’s tour. 7. Drop-off service at your hotel at around 9:30PM. How to book the tour: Payment: 1. Please use our online booking or book the tour by 1. You don’t need to pay any deposit to email to email@example.com. book this tour. 2. Our real trip advisors will have your booking 2. Our tour guide will collect the money on confirmed within one working day. We even take last the spot when you board the coach. minute booking if time is pressing. When your 3. Both RMB and US Dollar are acceptable.
booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email from us, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary with prices. 3. In your reply, please inform us of your hotel in Xi’an and date for the tour. Usually our tour guide will call you in the evening to c onfirm the departure time from your hotel. A. USD 132. B. USD 99.
Travel with Tour-china-guide Travel Ser vice. Enjoy your pleasant and unforgettable trip in China. You just can’t afford to miss it!
46. How much is the cost for a family of a couple and a 10-year-old child to book this tour? C. RMB 800. D. RMB 1000.
47. In which place on the itinerary can visitors appreciate towers? A. Reed Flute Cave C. The Fubo Hill B. The Elephant Trunk Hill D. The Seven Star Park
48. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. Payment should be made in advance. B. English-speaking tour guide service is offered. C. Shopping stores are not included in the tour. D. Tips to the guide and driver are included in the quotation. 49. As for booking the tour, ______. A. online booking is available C. it can be made by telephone 50. This passage is most likely to be ______. A. a report B. a journal C Along the river banks of the Amazon and the Orinoco there lives a bird that swims before it can fly, flies like a fat chicken, eats green leaves, has the stomach of a cow and has claws(爪) on its wings when young. They build their homes about 4.6m above the river, an important feature (特征) for the safety of the young. It is called the hoatzin. In appearance, the birds of both sexes look very much alike with brown on the back and cream and red on the underside. The head is small, with a large set of feathers on the top, bright red eyes, and blue skin. Its nearest relatives are the common birds, cuckoos. Its most striking feature, though, is only found in the young. Baby hoatzins have a claw on the leading edge of each wing and another at the end of each wing tip. Using these four claws, together with the beak (喙), they can climb about in the bushes, looking very much like primitive birds must have done. When the young hoatzins have learned to fly, they lose their claws. C. an advertisement D. an introduction B. emailing is not recommended D. confirmation is made one working day later
During the drier months between December and March hoatzins fly about the forest in groups of 20 to 30 birds, but in April, when the rainy season begins, they collect together in smaller living units of two to seven birds for producing purposes. When danger comes in the form of a snake or a monkey, then young hoatzins—maybe three in one family –jump over the side and into the river. They swim about under the water until it is safe to return and then, using their claws, lift themselves up through the branches and get back home. When they have learned to fly they lose their claws and escape enemies not by swimming but by flying off, in a slow and heavy way, to a neighboring tree. 51. What is the text mainly about? A. Hoatzins in dry and rainy seasons. B. The relatives and enemies of hoatzins. C. Primitive birds and hoatzins of the Amazon. D. The appearance and living habits of hoatzins. 52. Young hoatzins are different from their parents in that A. they look like young cuckoos C. they eat a lot like a cow .
B. they have claws on the wings D. they live on river banks
53. What can we infer about primitive birds from the text? A. They had claws to help them climb. B. They could fly long distances. C. They had four wings like hoatzins. D. They had a head with long feathers on the top. 54. Why do hoatzins collect together in smaller groups when the rainy season comes? A. To find more food. C. To keep themselves warm. D In golf, we talk about handicaps. The lower the handicap, the better the golfer. A golfer with a handicap of 12 tends to play better than one with a handicap of 20. It means that for a golf course that normally takes a professional 72 strokes (击球) over 18 holes to play, a 12-handicap golfer would complete his full game with a score of 84 strokes. When it comes to creative thinking, is there such a handicap system? Can we describe a person as a 12-handicap in his creative thinking ability?
B. To protect themselves better. D. To produce their young.
Fortunately or unfortunately, there is no such system yet for creative thinking. But we all suffer from a handicap when it comes to creative thinking. Some of us are better players at such an activity,
with ideas flowing freely. Some of us are average or green hands at such thinking, failing often and feeling very frustrated. But don’t fear. Creative thin kers can be like golfers striving to reduce their handicaps. It takes learning and practice, and re-learning and re-practice until you become better at it. How do you learn to be a creative thinker? Just like the game of golf, you need to have an interest. Is your interest purely social, business or personal? Do you have a desire to improve? Most golfers challenge themselves to reduce their handicaps for persona l satisfaction and enjoyment, so do you have this burning desire to be a better creative thinker? Next comes the learning process. Some golfers are self-taught. They learn from watching golf tournaments live or on TV. They watch videotapes of golf professionals. They read golf books. To self-teach yourself in creative thinking, you can buy books on the subject or borrow books from community and university libraries. Some creative books list a bibliography (书目) of other useful reference books on the same subject. If you are resourceful, you can visit as many schools, colleges, universities, or community libraries as possible. You need to think about what you read. Study the different creative thinking processes and methods, and experiment with them on your own or among friends. Practice makes you remember better. Practice also makes perfect, as the saying goes. Many golfers take up lessons from teaching professionals rather than learning from friends who might not teach correctly. If you can, sign up for creative-thinking lessons offered by famous companies. Don’t just attend the creative-thinking courses. Be a committed student, always following up on what you have learned and exploring more. Although I train teams in creativity and innovation, I am still reading widely on the subject, reflecting on my company’s methods, improving on the teaching of methods, and experimenting with and adapting to new techniques. The greatest handicap is yourself, your own mind. If you have been brought up to believe that you are not creative and you keep telling yourself or people that you are not creative, then you are not helping yourself. A golfer who has a negative self-image is also ruining himself and his game. Cancel the negative self-image from your mind. Each time the negative thought flashes in your mind, replace it with a positive self-image, such as "I have the capacity to be very creative. I can be a creative thinker." Then affirm (肯定) this new image daily, several times a day. It might help if you write down such affirmative statements and paste them in places to remind you several times each day. Focus on this creative image of yourself daily. Twice a day if pos sible, even if it is only 10
minutes each time. Focus and imagine yourself being creative in your studies, work, meetings, at home, and in different situations. Then train yourself to succeed as you have imagined. It means actually thinking and experimenting with different creative techniques on practical cases. It also means reading to enrich your mind daily, even if it is but half an hour a day. Keep on learning, practicing, reviewing, re-learning and re-practicing, and I am confident that you can bring down your creative thinking handicap. 55. Creative thinking is different from golf in that ______. A. creative thinkers suffer from no handicap B. there is no handicap system for creative thinking
C. creative thinkers have to deal with more obstacles D. creative thinking has nothing to do with personal satisfaction 56. The underlined word "handicap" (Para. 4) can best be replaced by ______. A. impossibility B. disadvantage C. inconvenience D. discomfort
57. According to the passage, ______ is the greatest barrier for creative thinking. A. lack of self-confidence B. lack of the interest in exploring more C. not attending the creative thinking course
D. having no interest in reading books on creativity 58. To cancel the negative self-image from your mind, you have to ______. A. borrow books every day B. attend courses on creativity C. assure yourself that you are creative D. experiment with different techniques on practical cases 59. What kind of writing technique is employed by the author to make his point clear? A. Comparison. B. Definition.（定义）C. Description. D. Explanation.
60. The article is written to ______. A. make comparison C. express feelings B. share a story D. encourage people
第二节：Ann Marie Sabath 是位商务礼仪培训专家，第 61-65 题是人们经常向她询问的问题。 请从以下选项（A、B、C、D、E 和 F）中选出与这些问题相匹配的回答，并在答题纸上将相应 选项的标号涂黑。选项中有一项是多余选项。
61. How can I start a conversation and keep it going when attending a party at which I know no one? Ms. Sabath’s Answer: ______ 62. How can I use gestures effectively when participating in a conversation? Ms. Sabath’s Answer: ______ 63. I am annoyed when people try to finish a sentence for me. Should I show my annoyance or just let it go? Ms. Sabath’s Answer: ______ 64. Some of my colleagues always talk with each other at meetings while someone else is speaking. Is there a good way to handle this situation? Ms. Sabath’s Answer: ______ 65. What is the correct way to approach a group of people when they are already engaged in conversation? Ms. Sabath’s Answer: ______
A. Here are some tricks from seasoned presenters. If you’re the speaker, simply stop dead in your verbal tracks, glance over at those who are engaged in their own conversation, and maintain eye contact until they quiet down. Then start speaking again. If you’re not the speaker, try directing a glance to those who are talking. There’s a good chance they will get the point. B. Try making eye contact with one or more of the members of the group. After joining them, be sure to act as a listener, rather than trying to control the conversation. If you know nothing about the topic under discussion, remain silent. C. Believe it or not, this is quite an easy thing to do. The key is to listen more than you speak. Just as important as knowing what to ask is recognizing how to phrase questions. A sure way to get others to respond is to ask open-ended questions. If, for example, you’ve just met someone, don’t ask, ―Are you one of Bill Jones’ customers?‖ This is a dead-end question likely to get you little more than a ―yes‖ or a ―no‖ in response. Instead, use an interrogative — Who? What? When? Where? Why? How? For example, ―How do you know Bill Jones?‖ This kind of question should get you a response with some detail, thus opening the door to more conversation. D. The habit of clearing your throat several times during a conversation can be very disturbing.
Having the occasional urge to clear your throat is one thing. But if it becomes an annoying habit, try swallowing instead. When you swallow, it will seem to others to be merely a pause. Instead of being a distraction, this mini-moment of silence can even work to gain the attention of the person with whom you’re speaking. E. Sometimes over-friendly people think they’re helping by filling in the blanks for you. In reality, they are stepping on your sentences. To help break them of this annoying habit in a graceful manner, wait until the person has completed your sentence for you. Then pause briefly and complete the sentence yourself as you would have done before the interruption. F. Body language is a vitally important aspect of an interesting dialogue. When participating in a conversation, be sure to project a positive and friendly attitude. Smile. Touch with a hand shake. Maintain eye contact. Nod. And keep an open mind. Even if you are not all that interested in the person with whom you are speaking, keep an open mind regarding future relationships. It’s a good way to help develop your professional network. You never know when your paths will cross again.
非选择题部分（共 40 分）
第三部分：写作（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节：短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 下面短文中有 10 处语言错误，请在有错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号（∧），并在其下面写上该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（﹨）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写上修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 例如： It was very nice to get your invitation to spend ∧ weekend with you. Luckily I was the am completely free then, so I’ll to say ―yes‖. I’ll arrive in Bristol at around 8 pm in Friday evening. on on It must have been about two in the morning when I returned to home. I tried to wake up my wife by ringing the doorbell, but he was fast asleep, so I get a ladder from the shed in the
garden, putting it against the wall, and began climbing towards the bedroom window. I was almost here when a sarcastic（讥讽的）voice below said, ―I don’t think the windows need cleaning at this time the night.‖ I looked down but nearly fell off a ladder when I saw a policeman. I immediate regretted answering in the way I did, but I said, ―I enjoy cleaning window at night.‖ 第二节 书面表达（满分 30 分） 仔细观看下面这组漫画----漂亮女郎与残疾老人，以 Beauty Comes From Action 为题写一 篇 120 词左右的短文。 要求如下： 1. 描述图片内容; 2. 评论他们的行为; 3. 发表你对美的看法。 提示： 果皮 peel
Beauty Comes From Action
As is seen in the picture, a young girl happily eats bananas…
2013 学年第一学期“温州八校”期初联考 英语试卷 参考答案
第一部分 第一节 (10 分, 每小题 0. 5 分) 1-5 BBCCD 6-10 CBBDA 11-15 ADACD 16-20 CCDCB
第二节 (20 分, 每小题 1 分) 21—25 CABCD 26—30DCABA 31—35 DBCDA 36—40 BDADC
第二部分（50 分，每小题 2 分） 41-45 ACBDA 61-65 C F E A B 第三部分 第一节 (10 分) It must have been about two in the morning when I returned to home. I tried to wake up m y w i f e b y ringing the doorbell, but he was fast asleep, so I get a ladder from the shed in the garden, p u t t i n g i t she got put against the wall, and began climbing towards the bedroom window. I was almost here w h e n a there sarcastic voice below said, ―I don’t think the windows need cleaning at this time the n i g h t . ‖ I in 或 of looked down but nearly fell off a ladder when I saw a policeman. I immediate regretted a n s w e r i n g and the immediately in the way I did, but I said, ― I enjoy cleaning window at night.‖ windows 第二节（30 分） One possible version: As is seen in the picture, a young girl happily eats bananas and throws the peels on 46-50 DCBAC 51-54 DBAD 55-60 BBACAD
the street, unaware that such actions not only pollute the environment but also bring dangers to others. A disabled man struggles to pick up the peels she has left behind and put them in the dustbin. Apparently, it is the disabled man who is truly beautiful. We should always keep in mind that true beauty comes from one's actions. The old man is displaying a more beautiful virtue even though he is disabled, compared with the young girl. ? To conclude, in spite of the fact that most of us enjoy pretty appearances, I think it is more important to have a clean and beautiful soul. Only with such souls can we create a beautiful society. ?
copyright ©right 2010-2020。