Unit 1 Tales of the unexplained --------- Warming up Teaching Procedures
Step 1 Greetings
1. Greet the whole class as usual T: The advancement of science and technology has brought
us into a new age,
the Age of Information. Yet there are still some mysterious or unexplained phenomena, including evidences of the UFOs, the possible existence of Yetis ana the Loch Ness Monster, reasons for building Stonehenge and the Pyramids. No evidence or proof has been provided to these phenomena.
Step 2 Let’s talk
1. To illustrate through own experience T: You probably know that in the some rural areas of China, people still believe in the existence of ghost and I also feel puzzled because of a true story happened in my neighborhood. 2. Question: Have you ever encountered or heard some mysterious or strange things which couldn't be explained by your knowledge? If you have, share it with us!
Step 3 Let’s watch
Watch a short video T: Numerous evidence accumulated by the people from the world at large
make the suspicion of the existence of UFOs seem more real to us. So, first, tell me what do the letters UFO stand for?
Step 4 Let’s discuss
1. Talk about the UFO and raise the following questions 1>. Do you believe in UFO? what might be the most acceptable explanation for the UFOs? 2>. what will you do if you get a chance to meet aliens in the UFO? ( ask two students to play the roles)
2. Share some information about the pyramid in Egypt and Yetis in the Himalayas 3. Listen to the audio and identify the sound first and then ask some students state their own opinions after discussion. 4. Discuss the question “The construction itself or the purpose of the construction, which puzzled you most?” in pairs
Step 5 Homework
1. Share and discuss one of the mysterious things with your friends. 2. Preview Unit1 Boy missing, police puzzled
copyright ©right 2010-2020。