What will we learn today?
? The function of attributive clause
? The usage of who, whom, whose, which and that
any chance to speak English!
Open your m
outh! Don’t lose
Practice makes perfect!
What is attribute? What is attributive clause?
This is Miss Lu
who _____ teaches us English.
This is our school which/ that is such a beatiful place. ________
Review the attributive clauses in unit 1 and 2. 1. Do you want a friend Whom you ___________ could tell ___________ everything ___________ to _____, like your deepest feelings and thoughts?
2. It’s no pleasure looking through these any longer because nature is one thing that must really be experienced. _________________________________.
3. Then gradually between about AD 800 and 1150, English became less like who ruled England German because those _______________ spoke first Danish and later French.
4. This is because in the early days of radio, those who reported the news ____________________ were expected to speak excellent English.
who live in the mountains 5. Some people ________________________ of the eastern USA speak with an older kind of English dialect.
6. The USA is a large country in which many different dialects are spoken. _____________________________________.
Task 2 Learn about the Attributive Clause
Who & whom
关系代词 -连接定语从句 -代替从句中的主语或宾语
The teacher is Tom’s father. The teacher teaches them English.
Who-subject of the clause (从句的主语)
subject the The teacher whoteacher teaches them English is Tom’s father.
Who & whom
关系代词 -连接定语从句 -代替从句中的主语或宾语 你干刚才见到的那个人是我们的物理教师。 The man is our physics teacher. You met the man just now.
object The man(Who/ you met the man just now Whom) is our physics teacher. Object of the clause
何时可以省略？ 宾语 做____时可以省略 object attribute (宾语) （定语）
指人 指物 subject (主语) who whom
Tell more information
about your deskmate or your teacher.
The boy(girl) who_______________ is my deskmate.
My teacher is a man (lady) who____ _____________.
Do you know the boy over there?
The boy’s mother is a doctor. sb’s
Do you know the boy _________________________? Whose mother is a doctor
Have you ever seen my textbook? The cover of the textbook is red. sth’s Have you ever seen my textbook ________ cover is whose red?
指人 指物 whose √ √
在定语从句中的作用 =sb’s or sth’s
that & which
1. that/ which---关系代词连接定语从句-指物- 代替从句中的主语 The letterwhich the letter is written by my mother / that put on the desk. was 2. that/ which---关系代词连接定语从句-指物- 代替从句中的宾语 他告诉我的消息是真的。 The news (that/ he told me the news is true. which) Object of the clause object
Do you know the boy who/ that was hit by a car last night? 何时可以省略？
宾语 做____时可以省略 指人 指物 subject (主语) that which object attribute (宾语) （定语）
Let me try!
Use attributive clause to combine(组合) two sentences into one.
The book is my favorite. It is called Jane Eyre.
The book＿＿＿＿＿＿＿＿＿＿＿＿ which is called Jane Eyre ＿＿＿is my favorite book.
The woman is a teacher. She lives next door. The woman who lives next door is a teacher.
The tree is very old. It is in front of my house The tree which is in front of my house is very old.
The book is very interesting. My father bought it for me. The book (Which/ that) my father is interesting.
bought for me
The theif is named Rock. The policeman has caught the theif.
(that/who/whom) the policeman has caught
is named Rock.
Finish the sentences with Who, whom, which, that, whose and tell whether they are used as Subject(主语) or Object（宾语）in the clause. 1.The girl who/that is standing there is Mary. 2.The man whom/who/that/不填 my mother saw in the street is my teacher. 3.The company will employ a person whose English is good.
4.I live in the houseWhose _______ windows face south. (Which/that) ５．The book ____________ they sent me is very good. Who/that ４.The man _________is talking to me is a friend of my father’s. 7.The book whose cover is blue is not mine. (who/whom/that) 8. Mrs Read is the person__________＿＿＿_ should write to.
Play a game.
Get into a group of four. Take turns to write four sentences using the attibutive clause with that,which,who,or whose.
Example: The boy bought a bicycle.
1. The boy bought a bicycle that was stolen from his neighbour.
2. The boy bought a bicycle which was newlyrepaired.
3. The boy who is wearing a red jacket bought a bicycle. 4. The boy whose glasses were broken bought a bicycle.
Choose any one you like and make up four attributive clause to describe the given 1 nouns in the sentences. Be sure that each of , you write different sentences.
1.The girl was saved from the storm. 2. The children played with eggs in the garden. 3. The nation was shocked at the news. 4. The noise woke up all the people.
指人 指物 subject (主语) that which who whom
做宾语时可以省略 object attribute (宾语) （定语）
√ √ √
√ √ √ √
√ √ √ √
Use 5 sentences to write a passage about the given information. At least 3 attributive clauses should be used.
1. 姚明是著名的篮球运动员，身高2.26米，1980年9 月出生在上海，他的父母都是篮球运动员。 2. 他4岁开始打球，18岁进入国家队。 3. 他现在在休斯敦火箭队服役，休斯敦是美国的城市。 4. 在比赛中，他经常得高分。但是，他却十分谦虚、 认真，因此，得到很多人的喜爱和赞赏。
copyright ©right 2010-2020。